Coffee Creamer #6 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

 

Coffee Creamer #6 - A Future Coffee Christmas
Word Count: 3,875

Date in Chapter: 2022 December 25

Note: A cute Coffee Creamer chapter. Since it’s currently summer in the story, but almost Christmas in real life, here is a future Christmas chapter! We hope that you guys enjoy this! I’m posting it before Christmas because there’s no guarantee of how frequently we’ll be able to update in the next 12-14 days, so enjoy! (My Korean friends always tell me that Christmas is more of a couple’s holiday in Christmas, but I like using it as a family holiday in this story because it gives us an excuse to bring everyone together, so…)

 

Taehyung’s POV

        The first thing Taehyung sees when he wakes up is Jimin’s smiling face, and it only makes it feel a lot more like Christmas. Their room is nicely decorated with Christmas fairy lights going around the wall, and it’s just cold enough for them to comfortable while snuggling. Taehyung never could understand people who turned the temp way up in the apartment during the winter season, making the indoors so hot that you don’t even want to think about another person being close to you. So he and Jimin keep it to what Taehyung likes to call ‘cuddling temperature.’

The lazy smile already present on Jimin’s face spreads, and he scoots closer to Taehyung, nuzzling their faces together. “Good morning, Kim Taehyung.” Jimin says.

Taehyung giggles and nuzzles back. “Merry Christmas, Park Jimin.” He says, and he kisses Jimin’s lips.

Taehyung finds it amazing to think about him and Jimin together. He and Jimin who have been friends for fifteen years now, and for seven of those years, they have been together as a couple. Honestly, there were a few times throughout that period where Taehyung was afraid that he and Jimin wouldn’t last. Even before they started dating, there were a few instances where Taehyung thought that his and Jimin’s friendship was completely over.

At this point, Taehyung is pretty sure that nothing is going to happen between them, and he thinks that he’s ready to ask Jimin if they’re ready to make the biggest decision in their life together. He’ll ask Jimin today.

“You should get ready.” Jimin says, patting Taehyung’s . “We’ve got a busy day ahead of us. We’re opening presents at Daehyun hyung’s place, visiting my parents, and then going to Seokjin and Namjoon hyung’s place for everyone to get together.”

A lot has changed in the past years. Christmas was always a big day for them, but it’s even more busy now that Jimin’s parents finally want to be a regular part of their son’s life again.

“Have I ever told you that I actually hate Christmas?” Taehyung asks, looking into Jimin’s eyes, and Jimin gives him a confused look. “I’d much rather spend the day with you, and just you, but we have to pretend that we care to see everyone else.”

Jimin rolls his eyes, slapping Taehyung’s again. “Don’t lie. You love seeing everyone else.” Jimin says, knowingly. “You ignore me half the time when all the kids are around anyway.”

That, Taehyung cannot argue. He knows it’s true. When he’s around his nephews and the other kids, they’re the ones that get all of his attention. He knows Jimin likes it, though. He likes watching Taehyung play with the kids.

It’s only after one more kiss that Taehyung is the one telling Jimin that they need to get dressed, and it’s only then that either of them actually get out of bed to do that.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        The year that Yeji was born to Rome and Jiwoo, Jungkook’s and Hoseok’s parents have been getting together in Seoul for Christmas. Then Huimang came into the picture, and it got Yoongi’s parents to join them as well. As for Jihoon’s parents, Jungkook doesn’t really see them becoming a part of this big family during the holidays simply because they’re too traditional to make Christmas a routine for them. It’s rather unfortunate for Jihoon who would like to see his parents when everyone else in the family gets together, but there’s nothing Jungkook can do about it.

The instant Jungkook walks through the door, he gets greeted by a happily barking Pistachio and Huimang running up to him and Jihoon to show them the picture that she colored. “I colored it for you,” She says, handing it forward. She alternates between Jihoon and Jungkook, unsure of which one to give it to, but Jungkook ends up taking it. “Even Appa said that I did a good job on it. It’s pretty right?”

Jungkook looks at the picture. It came out of the fashion coloring book that Jihoon had bought for her earlier in the month. He chose that specific coloring book because she seemed to take a liking to fashion like her father, so Jihoon thought that a coloring book would be a good place to start. “It’s very pretty.” Jungkook says, and he hands it over to Jihoon so that he can look at it. “I think we will put it in a frame in the living room.”

“You have to. I’m going to check when I come there next.” She says. Her ponytail swings from side to side as she skips away.

“When we have kids, I want one as good as her.” Jihoon says as they step further into the house.

“Just because you said that, all of our kids are going to raise hell.” Jungkook tells him.

Rome and Jiwoo don’t arrive until after Jihoon and Jungkook have been there for a little while, but, with them, everyone is there then.

Every time the family gets together like this, they always end up separating between the boys and the girls. Jungkook and Yoongi are generally the ones to get stuck with the girls in their family—which is funny because anyone outside would probably think that Jihoon and Hoseok would be more likely to talk to the girls. When it comes to Jihoon’s family, Jihoon actually does get stuck with the girls, though.

“Have you and Jihoon discussed when you are going to start having kids?” Jungkook’s mom asks him as he and Yoongi eventually migrate to the kitchen, where all of the girls are gathered. “I’m sure Jihoon’s parents are looking forward to grand babies, too.”

Jungkook and Jihoon actually have been discussing having kids together. So far they’ve only applied at the adoption agency Kihyun came from, but they’re still pending approval. Yoongi and Hoseok got accepted almost immediately, but they applied at the beginning of the month, and Jihoon and Jungkook haven’t heard anything back yet. Jihoon keeps saying something about how adoption agencies are quite picky when it comes to gay couples, and only a lucky few get selected, but Jungkook knows that they’ll find an agency that will approve them if they keep looking.

“We’ve talked about it.” Jungkook tells her, nodding. He decides to leave off all of Jihoon’s worries, and just tell her that it is something they’ve been discussing. “Since we’re both in good places with our careers and all, we actually think that we might be ready for a baby soon.”

“Have you discussed whether you want to adopt or if one of you want to be the father?” Yoongi’s mom is the one to ask the question. Just like Jihoon’s parents accept Yoongi as a part of the family, Yoongi’s parents have come to accept Jihoon as well since he’s the biological half-brother of their adopted son.

“Jihoon hyung definitely wants to adopt.” Jungkook says. Neither of them are very close to any girls anyway, so it’s not like they’d easily be able to find someone willing to be the mom. “I don’t really care either way.”

“We did both.” Yoongi tells him. Of course Jungkook knows this. Huimang is actually Yoongi’s daughter, but Kihyun was adopted into the family. He’s two years younger than Huimang, but he was adopted earlier this year. “And I can tell you that, for me at least, adoption was a lot less scary.”

“We’ll love him or her no matter what.” Jungkook’s mom says, ruffling his hair. “It’s so exciting and scary at the same time to think my little baby is ready to be a parent soon.”

“They grow up so fast.” The other moms seem to agree.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        “Namjoon!”

That’s Seokjin calling Namjoon out of his studio, where he actually shouldn’t even be in the first place. Seokjin has told him countless times that he’s not allowed to work on the holidays, but working is the only thing that keeps him from stressing out when everything gets pretty hectic on this day.

Namjoon sighs, and he sneaks out of the studio, hoping that Seokjin won’t even notice that’s where he’s been this whole time. When he gets out into the lounge, which is where Seokjin is, he sees Jinhee attached to his leg, not letting Seokjin go anywhere. “Can you please do something with him?” Seokjin asks, and he adds in a whisper: “I just realized that his gift is the only one that I haven’t wrapped yet, and he’s not letting me go.”

Namjoon giggles to himself as he goes to grab Jinhee from Seokjin. Jinhee, who was a very well-behaved baby, but can be a little bit to handle in his five-year-old rowdiness.

“It’s cute when you need help getting things under control.” Namjoon says, and he kneels down to Jinhee’s level. “Do you want to come to the studio and help me work?” He asks Jinhee, knowing that Seokjin will be okay with anything that keeps Jinhee from sticking around while his gift gets wrapped up.

Jinhee always gets excited when it comes to helping with work. It doesn’t matter if it’s helping Seokjin with cooking or helping Namjoon in the studio. He’s only five, so he can’t actually do a lot, but he’s under the impression that he’s helping loads just by handing Seokjin utensils, which he knows all of the names of—better than Namjoon can say for himself, or hitting editing keys for Namjoon.

Right now Seokjin and Namjoon are kind of a in a competition together to find out which one Jinhee likes more—cooking or music. Yoongi is pretty sure that it’s going to be music, but Hoseok hopes that it’s cooking. He says that it’s great if a man can cook. Namjoon kind of hopes that it’s both because it’ll only show that he and Seokjin have been equal influences in his life.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Taehyung is super excited about visiting Daehyun and Yongguk for Christmas. He is pretty sure that he got Minjun and Minki, their jointly adopted son, the best gift. Even better than the gifts that his parents had gotten for each of them. He practically hops through the front door, not even knocking to at least let Yongguk and Daehyun know that they are there.

“Merry Christmas, everyone!” Taehyung cheers.

Jimin follows behind, holding the bags of gifts because Taehyung decided not to be a gentleman today of all days, and he left them for Jimin to get out of the car. By the time Jimin has the gifts dropped off under the tree, Minjun is already dragging Taehyung to his room. It doesn’t take long at all for the young ones to become the center of attention in Taehyung’s world.

“Sometimes I wonder how he still has all that energy to run off and play like he does.” Daehyun says as he joins Jimin in the living room. “The boys wear me out way too easily.”

Jimin takes a seat on the couch, sitting next to Yongguk. “I just wonder why he doesn’t want to have kids of our own.” Jimin sighs, leaning further into the couch. He had asked Taehyung a few times before about having kids, and his answer was always that he didn’t think he and Jimin were ready for it. So Jimin eventually gave up. Taehyung is a family man, so Jimin thought he’d be excited about having kids, but now he’s just waiting for Taehyung to bring it up on his own. “We’re going to be thirty before he ever decides to start a family.”

“Take it from me,” Yongguk says. “I think that this is actually the more perfect age to start a family. I was only twenty-one when Minjun was born, and I wish I could have enjoyed my freedom a little more before that. Don’t get me wrong, that kid is the best thing that’s ever happened to me, but my marriage with his mom ended in divorce, and she acts like he doesn’t even exist.”

Jimin remembers the instance, a few years back, when they had actually run into Minjun’s mother during a family outing. She was with another man, and Minjun just wanted a hug from her after not seeing her in a while, and she brushed him off, leaving the boy in tears. It was painful to see because Jimin knows what it’s like to be brushed off by his parents, but he couldn’t imagine how a six-year-old felt with his mom acting like she didn’t even know him.

“But you got a divorce because you like men.” Jimin points out. “That’s not something Taehyung and I have to worry about.”

“That wasn’t the point of what I said at all, but you take it how you want.” Yongguk says, and he gets up from the couch to go retrieve Taehyung and the children. Since Jimin and Taehyung still have two other places to be today, they have to get all of this out of the way early.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        Christmas with the Jeon, Min, and Jung family actually went by fairly quickly this time. Ever since children were added and the parents/grandparents started coming to Seoul for the celebrations, Jihoon really got the chance to experience what a bigger, family Christmas is all about. He thinks that the kids are lucky to have this special holiday in which they get spoiled with gifts. It would have been nice if he had that growing up, but it’s nice to see his nieces and nephew getting toys.

They’ll be getting even more toys tonight, since they’re coming over to Seokjin and Namjoon’s place with them. Jungkook, Jihoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi all show up before Jimin and Taehyung arrive there, but no one was expecting them to come first. Jimin’s family also started coming to Seoul for Christmas, and his mom is really good about keeping them for a while.

Jihoon always finds Latte to be adorable when she hears another dog in the house, and she runs into the living room all excited only to be disappointed when she finds out that it is Pistachio and not Pixie. Somehow she still hasn’t figured out that Pixie only comes over with Jimin and Taehyung, not Yoongi and Hoseok.

“Huimang!” Jinhee shouts, trotting into the living room with a couple of cookies in his hand. He holds one of them out to Huimang, and the girls takes it from him. “Jin appa made this. But I picked this one for you.”

Kihyun tries to take a cookie from Jinhee as well, but Jinhee quickly pulls the cookies away so that the younger boy can’t have any. “I didn’t get it for you.” He snaps. For some reason, Jinhee just has never really liked Kihyun all that much. “Only Huimang.”

Huimang breaks her cookie in half and offers a piece to her little brother. “You can have a part of my cookie.” She says before running off to play with the dogs.

Jihoon allows himself to be dragged to the kitchen table by Jungkook, and they join all of the hyungs. With six people sitting at the table, it’s already a little crowded, but Jihoon doesn’t mind it because it gives him an excuse to scoot his chair closer to Jungkook. Close enough for him to rest his head on Jungkook’s shoulder. “I’ve change my mind,” Jihoon mumbles, but he makes sure it’s loud enough for everyone to hear him. “I don’t want to adopt a baby. I just want to take Huimang home.”

“I think you would bring her back quickly,” Hoseok says. “She’s only this good when Yoongi hyung is around.”

“She respects me.” Yoongi says, a proud smile on his face.

“Or she fears you.” Namjoon points out.

“Respect. Fear. It’s all the same thing.” Yoongi says back.

“I seriously doubt she fears Yoongi hyung.” Hoseok tells them. “He’s literally the biggest squish in the world for her, and you guys thought I made him soft. Look at him now.”

“She’s a tiny female version of you.” Yoongi says, nuzzling into Hoseok’s neck. “How can I not be a squish for her?”

“Well, those two are gross,” Seokjin says, turning his attention completely to Jihoon and Jungkook. “Have you guys heard back from the adoption agency at all?”

Jihoon shakes his head. “I think we’re not going to get approved.” He says.

“That’s nonsense.” Yoongi rejoins the conversation, his face still nuzzled into Hoseok’s neck. “You two are both financially stable, and you both have clean backgrounds. I’m sure the only reason you’re still pending is because the adoption agencies might get a lot of applications around the holidays.”

Jihoon tries to respond, but he’s cut off by Kihyun crying and running into the dining area. Yoongi is the first one to move, and Kihyun runs right into his arms. Yoongi lifts him up, carrying him back over to the table as he asks the kid what happened.

“Appa,” Is all Kihyun can say through his tears. Yoongi looks him over to make sure there are no cuts or any other kinds of wounds on him, and he just holds him close until he stops crying.

“You want to tell us what happened?” Yoongi asks.

“Hyung. Jinhee hyung—” He tries to explain, but he starts crying again, so he just waves his arm. “H-hyung hurted my fingers.”

Seconds later, Jinhee is running into the room as well. “It was an accident!” He says in his own defense. “I tried to close the door, but he put his hand there. I didn’t mean to!”

“I should hope that you didn’t mean to.” Seokjin says, and he motions for Jinhee to come closer to him. Hesitant, the kid does what his father tells him to, and he walks closer. “Just be careful next time, and don’t try to shut Kihyun out of the room. He wants to play with you guys, too.”

Hoseok takes Jinhee’s hand, and he kisses his fingers to ‘make them better.’ As if it worked like magic, Kihyun stops crying. “All better?” Hoseok asks, and Kihyun nods.

Yoongi lets his son back onto the floor, and Kihyun starts walking around the table.

“What do you say?” Namjoon asks to Jinhee who is still standing there.

Jinhee sighs, and he walks up to Kihyun. “I’m sorry, Kihyun.” He says, and he gives Kihyun a kiss on the cheek. It’s probably something that he learned from Namjoon and Seokjin, who often kiss on the cheek after a small argument or something. Since they’re children, it’s an adorable way for Jinhee and Kihyun to make up. “Do you want to play games with us?”

Kihyun wipes his tears with the back of his wrist, and he nods. Jinhee offers his hand, and they both leave from the room when Kihyun takes it.

“Do you still want kids?” Seokjin asks Jihoon once the two are out of ear shot.

Jihoon nods. “I want a baby even more now.” He tells them. “It’s so cute seeing you guys be like a family.”

 

Taehyung’s POV

        Thanks to Jimin’s mom, Taehyung and Jimin were over an hour late getting to Seokjin’s place for the final celebration of the night. There they opened gifts and participated in other holiday traditions with their friends before returning to the apartment. Pixie is the first one to hit her bed, exhausted after their long day. Jimin seems ready for a shower, but Taehyung has some other plans first. There’s something he’s been meaning to ask Jimin all day, but he waited until they got back to the apartment so he could be guaranteed to ask without interruptions from anyone.

“Park Jimin,” Taehyung says, grabbing Jimin’s wrist and pulling him back, dragging him into the kitchen. Taehyung leans against the counter, hands on Jimin’s hips as he looks into his best friend’s eyes. “There’s something I have to talk to you about.”

Jimin doesn’t look the least bit interested. His eyes are wondering around the kitchen instead of looking right at Taehyung, and he tries to pull away but Taehyung’s hold is too strong. “Can it wait until the morning, Tae?” Jimin asks. “I’m kind of tired now.”

Taehyung decides to use Jimin’s weakness against him. He kisses Jimin, something that should have gotten old between them a long time ago—Taehyung using kisses to his advantage, that is—but it never has. Jimin is just as weak to kisses now as he was seven years ago, and Taehyung still takes advantage of it. Something never change.

“I’m listening, but you better make it quick.” Jimin says.

“I want to start a family with you.” Taehyung comes right out and says it. Well, Jimin did ask for him to make it quick, and what’s quicker than that?

Jimin is quiet for a second, but his eyes goes slightly wider. “What?” He asks, as if he can’t believe what he thinks he heard.

“I want to start a family with you.” Taehyung repeats his own words exactly. “I want to ask you, Jimin, if you want to have a baby with me.”

It’s crazy how fast tears show themselves in Jimin’s eyes, but the elder nods. “Yes,” He says without a moment’s hesitation. “But why are you asking now?”

Taehyung shrugs. “I think we rushed into everything in our lives.” He says. “We kind of rushed into becoming boyfriends. I rushed into proposing to you, and our marriage was kind of rushed as well. I’m honestly kind of surprised that we worked through it without ing up our relationship entirely.”

“I’m not.” Jimin says, but Taehyung continues.

“The one thing I didn’t want to rush was starting a family.” Taehyung tells him. “I thought that it would be too much all at once, and I didn’t want to give up all of my time that I had with you alone. But I think we’re ready for that now. I think we’ve worked through all of our issues, and I wouldn’t mind giving my attention to someone else now.”

Taehyung knows that he seriously needs to work on his wording, but Jimin has been married to him long enough to understand by now.

“Are you low-key telling me that you’re bored of me?” Jimin asks, raising an eyebrow at Taehyung.

“Not at all,” Taehyung says, and he places a kiss below Jimin’s jawline. “TV shows and comic books can get boring, but not you.”

“So…” Jimin sighs. “We’re going to start a family?”

Taehyung only nods in response.

“Then are we going to adopt or make the baby?” Jimin asks.

Taehyung laughs at that, and he pulls Jimin’s body closer against his. “Well, seeing as it’s impossible for me to get you pregnant,” He says, kissing Jimin’s collarbone, enjoying the little shudder/sigh that it forces from Jimin. “We have no choice but to adopt right?”

“You are an idiot.” Jimin sighs, tangling his fingers in Taehyung’s hair. “But I love you.” He shudders again as Taehyung nips at his collar bone.

“Come on, Babe.” Taehyung says, stopping at perfect point for teasing. “We’ve got to show and go to bed.”