Coffee Love #25 (YoonSeok / JungHoon)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #25 - Getting There
Word Count: 3,435

Date in Chapter: 2017 February 18

Note: Hoseok’s birthday chapter. We are now done with the Jitae arc, and we’re moving on to Yoonseok. Fair warning…the Yoonseok arc is quite long. A lot of happens (refer Coffee Creamer #1, and it goes beyond that), and there will be trigger warnings for most of it. In this chapter, however, a ton of fluffiness. Enjoy! (Right after the Yoonseok arc, it will be Junghoon.)

 

Hoseok’s POV

        Hoseok wakes up to doggy kisses. He’d much rather be waking up to Yoongi’s kisses, but Bean and Pistachio are pretty set on making sure Hoseok gets out of bed early this particular morning. Hoseok vaguely wonders if the dogs know that today is a special day for him, or if they chose this particular morning, by chance, to be annoying.

Hoseok pushes them both away so that he has room to get himself up, and it’s only then that he realizes that Yoongi isn’t in bed with him. He could be wrong, but he’s pretty sure that today is a Saturday, so Yoongi should definitely be here. Unless, of course, he suddenly decided to go to work on a Saturday, and today would be a very bad day to decide to randomly do that.

Still fully waking himself up, Hoseok stumbles over to the bedroom door, catching himself before he falls to the ground. Once he enters the living room, he finds Yoongi sleeping on the couch. Although he’s curious as to why Yoongi’s on the couch, he doesn’t ask any questions before pushing the elder over and lying down with him.

Yoongi opens his eyes and wraps his arms around Hoseok’s waist, nuzzling his face into Hoseok’s neck. “Happy birthday, Soso-ya.” Yoongi mumbles. It’s the second time Hoseok heard that from him today, the first being at midnight because Yoongi always wants to make sure he’s the first person that Hoseok gets a birthday wish from. He’ll even wake Hoseok up in the middle of the night to do it, as he did the first year that they were together.

“What do you have planned for today?” Hoseok asks, wondering if Yoongi will tell him yet.

Yoongi loves to surprise Hoseok. He always makes sure that Hoseok is left in the dark when he’s planning anything to surprise him. Hoseok would love to do the same, but surprising Yoongi is just too damn difficult. Hoseok has succeeded maybe a total of two times in the entirety of their relationship, and that’s only after multiple attempts to do so.

“For starters,” Yoongi says, nuzzling his face more into Hoseok’s neck. “We’re just going to cuddle like this and nap a while longer.”

Hoseok sighs, knowing that’s Yoongi’s low-key way of telling Hoseok that he’s not telling him what he has planned. Hoseok will just have to wait and figure it out as it happens.

He doesn’t actually mind, though. He was looking forward to cuddles this morning.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        “I hate Yoongi.”

That’s the first words out of Seokjin’s mouth when Namjoon enters the kitchen in the morning, sitting at the breakfast bar. This is nothing new to Namjoon, but he still can’t help but wonder why Seokjin is saying it this time.

“And why is that?” Namjoon asks when Seokjin doesn’t proceed to explain himself.

Seokjin turns around from where he has french toast, if Namjoon’s nose does not deceive him, sitting on the stove. He leans against the counter, folding his arms across his chest with the spatula still in his hand. “Because it’s my best friends birthday today, but he’s hogging Hoseok all to himself.” Seokjin snaps.

Namjoon knows that he should take Seokjin seriously because he knows that Seokjin is being very serious right now. However, he can’t when the elder is being so childish and cute. He can’t wipe the stupid grin off of his face, and it takes every ounce of his power to not laugh. Seokjin seems to notice as he just glares at Namjoon.

“He’s also Yoongi hyung’s husband, and Hoseok is going to be leaving next month for that training program thing he’s doing.” Namjoon reminds his husband.

“Yeah, well I’m going to miss him too.” Seokjin says, pouty as he turns back to the stove. “Besides, he was my best friend first.”

Yes. Seokjin is definitely a big child.

“I know, Hyung.” Namjoon gets up from the stool, and he walks up behind Seokjin. He places his hands on Seokjin’s hips and leans around him to press a kiss to his cheek. “But you’ll get Hoseok to yourself next Saturday. Let them have their fun tonight.”

He pulls away, giving Seokjin’s a good, quick squeeze as he does so, earning a glare from the elder. “I’m going to check on Jinhee.” He tells Seokjin, escaping to Jinhee’s room before Seokjin has the chance to lash out at him.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Maybe taking the day off yesterday wasn’t such a good idea. Jungkook is so used to going every day that one day off just made him want to take more days off. And Jihoon clearly isn’t having it this morning. He’s been trying to wake Jungkook up for the past five minutes. Jungkook is completely aware, but he’s really good at ignoring people trying to get him out of bed. It’s a skill that he’s mastered over the course of his life.

“Shut up and sleep with me.” Jungkook finally responds to Jihoon’s pestering. His arm comes out from under the blankets, and he grabs onto Jihoon’s wrist to pull the smaller one down onto the mattress with him.

“Will you please just get up?” Jihoon demands, and Jungkook can hear the irritation in his voice. He knows that he’s getting on Jihoon’s last nerves. “It’s so annoying to do this every morning. I allowed you to take the day off yesterday, so—”

Jungkook doesn’t even listen to the next words that come out of Jihoon’s mouth. He’s kind of offended by how Jihoon is talking to him, especially after saying that he likes their little arguments they have every morning.

He pushes himself out of bed without a word, and he heads out to the bathroom to wash up.

“Jungkook.” Jihoon calls after him, probably knowing that he hurt the younger one’s feelings.

Jungkook just ignores him as he continues to the bathroom.

He goes through the motions of brushing his teeth, washing his face, and getting dressed in his uniform, all without saying a word to Jihoon—ignoring every attempt Jihoon makes to apologize to him.

“Can I take the car?” Jungkook asks once he’s all dressed and ready to go.

“I’ll take you.” Jihoon says, sliding off the bed, grabbing the keys on his way out.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Weekend mornings have to be Jimin’s favorites. He loves waking up in the comfort and warmth of Taehyung’s cuddles, not having a reason to hurry up and get out of bed. Taehyung has the habit of grabbing onto whatever is near him and not letting it go while he sleeps, and more often than not, that thing happens to be Jimin.

Not that Jimin minds. He loves being close to Taehyung—the closer the better.

This particular morning, he wakes to Taehyung half-laying on top of him, his cheek pressed to Jimin’s cheek, and Jimin can only be glad that he’s not dribbling on Jimin’s cheek. “Taetae,” Jimin says, trying his best to squirm out from under Taehyung so he can snuggle up to him on his own.

Taehyung just hums in response, barely opening his eyes.

He’s so cute that Jimin doesn’t even try to both him any more. He rests his head on the pillow, so that he’s at the same height as Taehyung, and he just watches the younger one sleep. It’s crazy how something as uninteresting as watching someone sleep can be less boring and more comforting because of who he’s watching sleep. Jimin decides he’ll do this either until he falls back to sleep on his own, or until Taehyung wakes up and catches him watching.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Yoongi doesn’t really think of himself as the romantic in the relationship. He takes care of Hoseok, and he does nice things for him because he loves him and it’s kind of his responsibility as Hoseok’s husband. He doesn’t do any of it because he’s romantic in any way, though some of the things he does might come off that way.

Take this particular day for example. It’s Hoseok’s birthday, so naturally Yoongi should do something special for him. Yoongi doesn’t view that as being romantic. It’s only when it’s spontaneous that it shouldn’t be considered as romantic—a spur of the moment, just because.

“Hoseok,” Yoongi whispers, grabbing the younger’s wrist and biting it when Hoseok doesn’t respond immediately—still sleeping.

“What?” Hoseok whines, jerking his wrist back and nuzzling his face under Yoongi’s chin. “Why do you have to be such a all the time? I’m ing sleeping.”

“Would you still love me if I weren’t a all the time?” Yoongi asks.

“It’d be a little easier to love you.” Hoseok mumbles quite matter-of-factly. “I have to work at it right now.”

“You .” Yoongi says, smacking Hoseok’s .

“Would you love me if I weren’t?” Hoseok steals Yoongi’s line.

“Well, I definitely wouldn’t have to work at it.” Yoongi teases, doing the same. “What do you want to do today?”

“If you’re leaving it up to me, I just want to lie here.” Hoseok says, making Yoongi wonder if they’ve somehow switched personalities for the day. Normally Yoongi is the one who wants to waste away in bed and forget that there’s an entire world outside of their home.

Even if Yoongi agreed, he’d at least recommend that they move back to the bedroom. Cuddling on the couch gets uncomfortable after a while.

“Well, I’m not leaving it up to you.” Yoongi says. “Come on,” He pushes Hoseok back a little so that he has room to get up. “We’re going for a ride.”

“Twenty minutes.” Hoseok says, throwing an arm around Yoongi’s shoulders and pulling him back down. “Twenty minutes, and we can leave.”

“Whatever you want.” Yoongi agrees, kissing Hoseok’s nose. “It’s your birthday, after all.”

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Seokjin eventually forgets about how much he hates Yoongi because he has other, more important things to spend his thoughts on for the day. It’s not very often that Seokjin visits the cafe on the weekends, but he hadn’t yet brought Jinhee there. Of course a baby as young as he is can’t really have anything from the cafe, but Seokjin just wanted to bring him once, which is exactly why he brings Namjoon and Jinhee to the cafe this weekend. Since he can’t spend Hoseok’s birthday with him, he’ll take the day to mark an important milestone in Jinhee’s life.

“He’s gotten so big since the last time I’ve seen him.” Jungkook says as Namjoon sets the carrier on the counter. “He’s so cute. And he looks even more like Namjoon now.”

Jungkook looks happy right now, but Seokjin noticed how he looked before he got distracted by the baby. He seemed like there was something bothering him.

“You okay?” Seokjin asks, dismissing the comments of the baby. As much as he would love to go into a whole thing and gush over how cute his baby is, Jungkook actually seems like he might need someone to talk to—and Seokjin can’t ignore that. Not since he’s Jungkook’s friend and Jungkook is an employee at the cafe. He has to take care of him. Both of those things make Jungkook just as important as Jinhee, he’s practically Seokjin’s baby, too.

“I’m fine,” Jungkook says, but Seokjin catches the quick glint of sadness in Jungkook’s eyes. Like he briefly thought of whatever was bothering him before he pushed those thoughts away.

Seokjin shakes his head. “Jungkook.” He says, voice firm, but calm. “As your friend and your employer, it is my job to make sure that you’re feeling okay. If there’s something bothering you, don’t be afraid to talk me about it.”

Normally Seokjin wouldn’t be too worried about getting Jungkook to talk while he’s at work. Especially out here, but it’s a weekend, and business is slow. The few customers that were in the store got their coffees to-go, so they’re the only ones in here right now.

“I think Jihoon hyung and I had a fight this morning.” Jungkook says.

“You think?” Seokjin questions, and Jungkook nods.

“He said that I’m annoying in the morning, and it hurt my feelings, so I didn’t talk to him.” Jungkook says.

That doesn’t sound like much of a fight to Seokjin. It’s hard to consider it a fight if there’s not a lot of back-and-forth going on, but he allows Jungkook to define it as he will.

“Where is Jihoon?” Seokjin asks.

“At home, probably.” Jungkook says. “He brought me here, and he left. He’s supposed to be doing some sketches, and usually he’d be doing them here, but I probably pissed him off. And he probably hates me right now.”

Seokjin bites back a little chuckle, and he tries to take this thing seriously. He sort of understands Jungkook, anyway, since he’s always worrying about little like this. “I know that you and Jimin always fought about the same things, and that ended up being why you guys broke up,” Seokjin says, “But Jihoon does not hate you. He probably doesn’t even know how to hate you.”

“He probably doesn’t even want to know how.” Namjoon adds. “Trust us, one tiny argument isn’t going to come between you guys. It happens.”

“It .” Jungkook says.

“It does.” Seokjin agrees. “But it’ll only make you guys stronger and understand each other more.”

“Thanks, but talking to you guys doesn’t help as much as talking to Jihoon hyung does, and he’s not talking to me right now, so…are you going to order something?” Jungkook asks.

Seokjin decides to go ahead and place an order, and he decides to stay there and talk about things not involving Jihoon until he can get Jungkook smiling again.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        Taehyung wakes up to Jimin’s sleeping face, facing right toward him—his hair fallen in his face and his lips slightly parted. He always looks so cute and peaceful when he’s sleeping that Taehyung doesn’t want to disturb him.

“Jiminie,” Taehyung says anyway. He knows that it has to be around or after noon by now, so they should probably wake up. “Park Jimin.” Taehyung says again, and he presses a kiss to Jimin’s parted lips. He doesn’t release Jimin until the smaller one’s eyes flutter open, and he’s looking into Taehyung’s. “Good morning, Angel.”

“Good morning.” Jimin mutters back, yawning as he’s just beginning to wake up. “I woke up before you, just so you know.”

“Did not.” Taehyung says. “You were just sleeping.”

“Because I fell asleep while watching you sleep.” Jimin swears. “I woke up first.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Taehyung assures him, kissing Jimin again. It’s always the best and easiest way to get Jimin to shut up—and to win any argument because Jimin gets easily distracted when kissing is involved. “We’re both awake now, so we’ll just say that we woke up at the same time.”

“But I woke up first.” Jimin insists, getting himself another kiss from Taehyung. “Stop it. I know what you’re doing, and it’s not going to work.”

“It always works.” Taehyung says, and he claims Jimin’s lips once more. “Always.”

“ you,” Jimin says, nuzzling in for another kiss on his own this time.

“I’d much rather be the one ing you.” Taehyung assures him, pressing a kiss to the corner of Jimin’s jaw, and Jimin sighs.

“Whatever,” He gives in. “You win. Do what you want.”

“With pleasure.” Taehyung says, smirking as he rolls on top of Jimin, kissing him deeply this time.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        Going out to eat at a diner was nice, but Hoseok knows that’s not what Yoongi brought him out for. He’s no idiot. He’s been with the elder long enough to know when he’s hiding some big ridiculous surprise. Although Hoseok is expecting a surprise, he never knows what the surprise is exactly, so it’s always a surprise when he finds out. Either way, Yoongi wins.

They drive until they reach one of the old abandoned buildings downtown, and Yoongi parks the car.

“We’re having here?” Hoseok assumes, but he knows that Yoongi should know better than that. Hoseok’s not really one for getting busy in spooky places like this.

“Better.” Yoongi says, as he unfastens his seatbelt.

“Better?” Hoseok questions, following Yoongi out of the car, wondering what the Yoongi could consider being better than ing in a haunted building.

“Well, better for you,” Yoongi says. “I’d love to get down and dirty with you here before they renovate the place, but I know you wouldn’t have it.”

Renovate? Something about that word keeps Hoseok interested, and he follows Yoongi into the old building.

There are a lot of cobwebs all over the place, which causes Hoseok to stick close to Yoongi in case any of them are newer with a live spider waiting to attack.

“We’ll open this area up enough to have seating and a reception desk,” Yoongi says, pointing around the building. “And I figured the first floor is big enough to fit at least three—”

Yoongi doesn’t have to say anymore for Hoseok to realize what the is going on.

“You didn’t.” He says.

“What?”

“Are you serious?” Hoseok asks. “Why?”

“Why what?” Yoongi questions.

“You know what I’m talking about.” Hoseok says. “Why did you do this?”

“Isn’t it what you always wanted?” Yoongi asks, a little nervous, Hoseok can tell. “I mean, you’ve been working up to this for a long time, and I know that you wanted to do it on your own, but I think you’ve worked hard enough to earn it…and it’s not fair. Your hard work should pay off, too, so I just…”

“Thank you, Hyung.” Hoseok says, pulling Yoongi into a hug. Honestly, when he looks at Yoongi, he doesn’t see the same everyone else sees. He knows he’s not the only person in the world Yoongi would do things for, but he likes being the special one that gets Yoongi’s acts of kindness a little more often. “I love you. This is the best birthday present I could have asked for.”

“You’re not mad?” Yoongi asks, squeezing Hoseok back.

“No. I’m not mad. Not at all.” Hoseok assures him. “I can’t be.”

 

Jihoon’s POV

        “Do you really think I’m annoying?” Is the first thing out of Jungkook’s mouth when Jihoon picks him up later that afternoon.

Okay. So maybe Jihoon didn’t exactly choose the most appropriate set of words earlier that morning when waking Jungkook up.

“You can be sometimes,” Jihoon tells him. He knows that it’s stupid to say that, but he has to be honest with Jungkook. “But I wouldn’t be in love with you if you weren’t.”

“That doesn’t make any sense.” Jungkook says as he fastens his seat belt.

“Do I never get on your nerves?” Jihoon asks, kind of afraid to hear the answer.

“Not really,” Jungkook says, but he seems to stop and think for a moment. “Except when you get too involved with your work and forget about me. That’s kind of annoying.”

“I never forget about you.” Jihoon assures him. “The point is…I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that this morning, and I’m sorry.”

“You should be.” Jungkook says, all pouty faced. “You’re the one who said you like arguing in the morning.”

“I know.” Jihoon agrees. “And I do, but it also gets tiring, you know?”

Jungkook nods. “Like going to the gym.” He says, comparing it to something he likes. “Fun but exhausting.”

“Exactly.” Jihoon says. “And do you like going any less because it gets exhausting?”

Jungkook shakes his head. “I like the feeling.” He says.

“And I like the fact that you wear me out,” Jihoon says. “Just…I need a day off sometimes, too.”

Suddenly Jungkook leans over the center console and kisses Jihoon’s cheek. “See? I knew talking to you would make me feel better.” He says. “I’m sorry for getting so upset.”

“You’re allowed to be upset.” Jihoon assures him. “Because there are things that we need to work out, and you being upset over something lets me know when something like that comes up.”

“Thanks, Hyung.” Jungkook says, taking Jihoon’s hand into his own as the elder drives them home. “And I’ll try to get up easily at least once a week. If that will make you happy.”

“Maybe once every other week,” Jihoon says. “I’m not expecting a miracle from you.”

And they both laugh, and that’s how Jihoon knows that they’ve made up.