Coffee Love #12

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #12 - Hiking
Word Count: 5,799

Date in Chapter: 2016 December 10

Note: Happens six days after Coffee Love #11. I asked everyone on tumblr for ideas for the next chapter, because I was out, and I decided to combine them. So~ Here is this chapter! Full of lots of fluff. Funny moments. And the group being together.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        The group getting together this time, it was Taehyung’s idea. He and Jimin have seen Yoongi and Hoseok over the past couple of weeks, as they have been having weekly meetings at the dog park, but they haven't had a lot of time to spend with the rest of the group. Of course, they see Seokjin when they go to the cafe, and sometimes Jungkook if they happen to be there while he’s on the clock, but they haven’t really seen much of their friends recently.

The harsh cold of the winter season hasn’t quite picked up yet, but it’s cold enough that most bugs are hiding for the season. Which is why Taehyung thought it was the perfect time to bring everyone hiking this time around. As a group, they usually do things like bowling, watching movies, playing laser tag, or even shopping, but they’ve hardly done anything outdoorsy like this. Since over half of their group has a dog, Taehyung thought it would be perfect. They can all bring their dogs out to socialize and get the exercise they need, and they can spend time as a group doing it.

Jimin woke Taehyung up early this morning, Taehyung having asked him to so that they would have plenty of time to prepare for their hiking trip. Actually, this is the first hiking trip that Taehyung and Jimin are taking as a couple as well. They’ve been hiking as friends before, and they walk on trails a lot as a couple, but they hadn’t actually been to the mountains as a couple yet, so Taehyung is excited about that. Even if all their friends will be there, too.

“It’s going to be really cold in the mountains.” Taehyung says. He turns Jimin around, the smaller one looking for a coat in the closet, so that he is facing him. He wraps a scarf around Jimin’s neck and places a kiss to his nose. “So you have to bundle up. We don’t want you catching a cold.”

Rather than getting annoyed, as he usually would, Jimin just smiles, and he takes Taehyung’s hand into his own. “Now you’re just being ridiculous,” Jimin tells him. “The cold doesn’t get people sick.”

“I know. I did research on it,” Taehyung assures the smaller one, kissing Jimin on the cheek this time. “But the cold does weaken your immune system, and it makes you catch colds more easily. So…” Taehyung says, reaching past Jimin and grabbing out the biggest, fluffiest coat he has in the closest. “Stay warm.” He says, draping the coat over Jimin’s shoulders with a kiss the smaller’s lips this time.

“Did I ever tell you that I love you?” Jimin asks, putting his arms into the sleeves of the jacket.

“Today? No.” Taehyung says, zipping Jimin’s jacket for him. “But you manage to say it at least once a day. You finish packing,” He ruffles Jimin’s hair. “And I’m going to get Pixie’s coat on her.”

Taehyung tries to walk away, but he’s held in place by Jimin’s hands on his hips. For such a little person, Jimin is actually kind of strong, even without visiting the gym as much as he used to. Or maybe it’s that Taehyung was too soft on him, and it never took very much strength to get him to stay. “One more kiss,” Jimin says.

Smiling, Taehyung leans in for one more kiss to Jimin’s lips. Jimin loves kisses and Taehyung loves warm cuddles, so the two of them go perfectly well together on days that they have time to do both.

With Jimin satisfied, Taehyung is finally able to slip away to continue preparing for their trip. Putting a coat on Pixie Dust is a must. She’s a Maltese, which means that, despite the long fur, she’s not very well fit for the cold weather. He easily locates Pixie’s coat in the dresser in the spare bedroom, and he puts that on Pixie. Taehyung had chosen this coat specifically for times like these when they go hiking. It’s part coat, part doggie backpack, so he’s able to pack some of her food along with them, and she can carry it herself.

Once he has her coat packed and on her, he continues prepping his items. He packs snacks for him and Jimin—they both love snacks while traveling. He packs canteens of hot chocolate for drinking. If it were hot, he’d make sure they had plenty of water, but hot chocolate is perfect for hiking in the middle of December.

“Hey, Taetae,” He hears Jimin call to him from the bedroom.

Taehyung ignores him as he fits the canteens into his pack.

“Kim Taehyung!” Jimin calls again. His voice comes out more clear this time, so Taehyung imagines that he has his head poking out from the bedroom door, facing down the hall.

Taehyung sighs, zipping his sack. “They’re in the top shelf of the dresser.” Taehyung says without even asking Jimin what he could possibly want. He can only assume he’s bugging Taehyung because he can’t find his gloves.

He walks to the bedroom, throwing his sack over his shoulder when Jimin doesn’t respond. The boy is looking through the top shelf of the dresser, where Taehyung told him his gloves would be. “They’re not—”

“Let hand side, Jimin.” Taehyung tells him.

Jimin moves to that side of the dresser, but he doesn’t seem to find them. Taehyung sighs, and he walks to the dresser. “Well, if they’re in here, I don’t see them.” Jimin says, sliding the drawer closed. “Looks like my hands will just have to freeze.”

“That’s nonsense.” Taehyung assures him. “We can stop by the store on our way out and buy you another pair.”

“Or I could just keep my hands in your pockets.” Jimin suggests easily.

“Or you can keep them in your own pockets.” Taehyung recommends. “It’ll be really hard to hike up the mountain if you’re hooked around my waist the entire time.”

“Whatever,” Jimin says, opening the drawer and grabbing the gloves from right where Taehyung said they would be. “I didn’t want to cuddle with you anyway.”

“Jimin,” Taehyung says, grabbing Jimin’s small hand as he tries to walk away. “Don’t do this. You know what I mean.”

“You never let me put my hands in your pockets.” Jimin whines. “I like putting my hands in your pockets.”

He’s so cute when he gets fussy like that.

“I’ll let you put your hands in my pockets when we’re not walking.” Taehyung promises. He grabs both of Jimin’s elbows and adjust his position so that he’s facing Taehyung properly. He places a kiss on Jimin’s forehead. “Okay?”

Jimin nods. “Okie dokie.” He says, and easily skips away.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        Jungkook and Jihoon were supposed to go on a date together today. Jungkook says they still have that planned, but he couldn’t refuse a winter hiking trip when Taehyung and Jimin had suggested it to the whole group in their group chat. Jungkook insists that they can still do it since his and Jihoon’s date was supposed to be a dinner date anyway, and he’s just so excited about hiking with everyone that Jihoon couldn’t refuse.

“You know, everyone is going to bring their dogs.” Jungkook says as he sits on the couch, putting his socks on. “I wish we had a dog that we could bring.”

All Jungkook has been talking about lately is how much he wants a dog. Jihoon suggested getting a cat instead, and while Jungkook was into the idea for a while, he eventually started talking about a dog again. Jihoon wants Jungkook to be happy, and he wouldn’t mind getting him a dog, but they can’t afford it right now. They don’t have the time or money to take care of one.

“We don’t need a dog when I already have you.” Jihoon says, scratching Jungkook behind the ear as if he were a dog. Jungkook cringes as leans away from him.

“Stop doing that,” Jungkook says, but, behind his laughter, it doesn’t sound very much like a demand at all. “You might be happy with the dog you already have, but I want a puppy too.”

“How about Buddy?” Jihoon suggests one of the many dogs he has back at home. “He likes you a lot. He could be our puppy.”

“He’s a farm dog.” Jungkook points out. “I don’t think he’d adjust well to city life.”

Jihoon sits next to Jungkook, and he puts his socks on, too. Honestly, he’s glad that he had bought himself a pair of hiking shoes the other day now. They’ll come in handy. “Assuming we ever do adopt a dog,” Jihoon says as he puts his socks on. “What kind would you want?”

“I don’t know.” Jungkook shrugs. “I like big dogs, and we can have big dogs here. We just can’t have any aggressive breeds, so Buddy wouldn’t be allowed anyway.”

“Well, you figure out what kind of dog you want,” Jihoon says, putting his shoes on now. “And we’ll discuss maybe getting one when I graduate. I’ll have more time and money then, so a dog shouldn’t be a problem.”

Jihoon’s weakness is Jungkook’s smile. If anyone ever said that Jungkook didn’t have a gorgeous smile, Jihoon would say that they were lying.

“I’m holding you to that.” Jungkook says as he gets up from the couch.

“I know, Kookie.” Jihoon says, patting the younger one on the as he goes to grab his shoes.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        Normally, Hoseok wouldn’t agree to something like a hiking trip. It’s not that he’s lazy or anything, no. That would be Yoongi. Hoseok just doesn’t like too many outdoorsy activities like that because of the number of snakes and bugs an other dangerous creatures that can be encountered. Really, the lack of interest in outdoors activities is probably one of the things that Yoongi and Hoseok actually have in common. Yoongi for his laziness and Hoseok for his fear of everything under the sun and moon.

However, it’s the middle of December, and this particular day is supposed to be quite cold. That means that there shouldn’t be many bugs out. Also, it won’t be hot, so he won’t have to deal with his y husband complaining about sweating. Yoongi hates sweating. He’ll take a few showers in a day if he sweats too much doing anything.

“Namjoon is coming, too,” Yoongi says as he thinks about what to bring with them. On a hiking trip, it’s always important to bring necessary items, even if you aren’t going to be gone for more than a few hours. “So I should probably bring the travel first-aid kit. He’s prone to accidents, you know.”

Hoseok smiles, and he steps behind his husband, placing his hands on Yoongi’s hips. “Or,” Hoseok says. He grabs the travel sized first-aid kit from Yoongi’s hand and set it aside. “You can leave worrying about Namjoon up to Seokjin hyung. You know he’ll pack anything like that.”

“But you could get hurt.” Yoongi says, going for the first-aid kit again.

“Yoongi,” Hoseok says, turning the smaller one around. “I’ll be fine. You don’t have to take care of everyone all the time.”

“I’m not taking care of everyone. I’m taking care of you.” Yoongi says, shoving the first-aid kit in his bag. “Because I’m your husband and your hyung, and you should remember that.”

“Mmm. You know, I would remember that if you’d act like it,” Hoseok tells him, giving Yoongi a kiss on his forehead. “But you act like a gigantic baby.”

“The forehead kiss made that sweeter than what it was, so I’ll forgive you this time.” Yoongi says. He shoves Hoseok backward, with a lot more strength than Hoseok was expecting, and he ends up losing his balance and falling to the floor, hitting his head on the side of the desk on the way down.

“.” Yoongi breathes, and he’s on his knees next to Hoseok within a few seconds. He places a hand to the back of Hoseok’s head, which only makes Hoseok wince because of the sharp pain it brings. “I’m sorry.” And he actually sounds like it. Of course, Hoseok knows he didn’t mean to push him over. He has no reason to apologize. “, are you okay?”

“You know, maybe it is a good idea that you bring the first-aid kit.” Hoseok says in an attempt to lighten the mood.

It seems to work as Yoongi glares at him only for his expression to soften immediately after. “Get up, you nut.” Yoongi says, nudging Hoseok’s shoulder before he stands. “We still need to stop by the convenience store to pick up some lunches or something. We’ll need something to eat during the hike.”

Hoseok sighs as he grabs Yoongi’s hand to pull himself up. Yoongi didn’t seem to be ready for that, so he had to balance himself before Hoseok pulled him on top of him. “I’m still surprised you even agreed to this.” Hoseok says when he’s on his feet again.

“I’m already regretting my decision.” Yoongi assures him.

“I know.” Hoseok says. “I’ll hurry up and get ready before you change your mind.”

 

Namjoon’s POV

        This is the first time that Jimin and Taehyung had organized a group event all together, at least that Namjoon can recall, and it’s also the first time that they’ve agreed to go hiking as a group. They’ve been camping all together before, but they’ve never done hiking. Since it’s Taehyung’s idea, Namjoon isn’t really surprised. He would be one strange enough to recommend a hiking trip in the middle of the cold season. Then again, it might be a smarter idea than it seems. After all, there are no bugs to be worried about at this time of the year, so that makes for a more enjoyable hiking experience. Especially since Hoseok will be coming along.

“It’s cold,” Seokjin says, going through the cabinet he has all his first-aid and emergency supplies in. “So I don’t think we’ll be needing any bug repellant or sun screen.”

“Actually, it’s possible to get sunburns even in winter.” Namjoon tells him, sitting on the counter. Normally, Seokjin would have a fit about Namjoon sitting on the counter, but he doesn’t seem to care so much about it these days. He’s slowly becoming more laid-back these days.

At Namjoon’s words, Seokjin looks out the window, and Namjoon does as well. It’s kind of grey outside—the sun hardly shining. “Yeah,” Seokjin says, putting the sunscreen back into the cabinet. “I don’t think we’ll be needing that.”

“It’s cold, though,” Namjoon points out. “So frostbite is a possibility.”

Seokjin glares at him, flaring his nostrils cutely. “Namjoon, I’m trying to prepare like a normal person here.” Seokjin says. “You don’t have to remind me of every negative possibility.”

Namjoon smiles, and he jumps off the counter. “You are a normal person, Princess.” Namjoon assures him, kissing his cheek. “It’s normal for you to think of all the negative possibilities on your own and prepare for them. So do that. I like it. I’m going to prepare some tea so that we’ll have something hot to drink.”

“Joonie,” Seokjin says as Namjoon walks to the stove to get the tea kettle. He stops and turns around to face Seokjin. “Thank you.”

“Being prepared for the worst doesn’t make you a weak person,” Namjoon says. He feels the need to say it because he just told Seokjin on Sunday how much he loves his strength. “Not having what you need when you need it will, though. Besides, my dad always says it’s better to have something and not need it than to need something and not have it.”

He notices the small little smile on Seokjin’s face before he turns back to the cabinet. “Then I should bring everything in here.” Seokjin jokes.

“Sure, but you’d have to carry it all.” Namjoon says, grabbing the kettle and filling it with water.

 

Jimin’s POV

        “Why do you make me bundle up, and then turn the heat in the car too high for me to breathe?” Jimin asks as he takes off his scarf and his jacket. Over the summer, Taehyung finally got his license, and he’s been doing most of the driving for them since. He likes it a lot more than Jimin does. “I’ll freeze to death by own sweat the instant we step out of the car.”

“Do you want to go to Burger King?” Taehyung asks, completely ignoring Jimin’s questions and complaints.

Sometimes talking to Taehyung is like having two separate conversations—Jimin saying his own thing while Taehyung talks about something completely different.

Jimin sighs, and he readjusts Pixie in his lap so that she feels more comfortable. “We’re already running late to an event that we planned, and you want to stop for breakfast?” Jimin asks.

“Like you said,” Taehyung says, turning in the direction of Burger King instead of onto the road that would take them to the mountain. “We’re already running late.”

Yes. This is the man that Jimin is in love with. This is the man that Jimin decided to spend the rest of his life with—regardless if he and Taehyung ever got in a relationship together or not, they were going to stay together forever. This is the man that means more to Jimin than anything is this world.

“That doesn’t automatically give us the right to be even more late,” Jimin insists.

“You know what I love about Burger King?” Taehyung asks as he continues to ignore Jimin’s complaints. “They serve burgers all day, so you don’t have to choose the breakfast items if you don’t want to.”

“Kim Taehyung,” Jimin says. He tries his best to use a firm voice, but he knows he’s anything but intimidating to the younger one.

“Look, we’ll get there.” Taehyung assures him. “Besides, we’re not even late yet.”

“Yeah, not yet.” Jimin agrees, “But we only have an hour to get there now, and it’s an hour drive. Stopping for food will put us behind schedule.”

“Well, we can’t really hike on empty stomachs, no can we?” Taehyung points out.

“All right. Fine.” Jimin gives in. “You win. Let’s go to Burger King.”

“Angel, you don’t really have much of a choice.” Taehyung says, confident in the driver’s seat. “I’m driving.”

It’s times like these when Jimin regrets ever having helped Taehyung get his license in the first place.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        By the time Hoseok and Yoongi arrive to the base of the mountain, Jungkook and Jihoon and Namjoon and Seokjin are already there. The only ones they have to wait on is Taehyung and Jimin, who organized this whole thing in the first place. Really, Hoseok isn’t that shocked that they would arrive late despite having planned this. Taehyung’s eccentric personality is sometimes out of Jimin’s control. Basically, he knows it’s Taehyung’s fault that they’re late.

“Who’s bright idea was it to go hiking?” Yoongi complains the instant he steps out of the warmth of the vehicle. “It’s too ing cold.”

Hoseok rolls his eyes, fond, but entirely unsurprised by his husband’s complaints. He knew that Yoongi would start complaining eventually. He just didn’t expect it to be the instant they arrived. Hoseok gets the two dogs out of the back seat, and Jungkook instantly rushes up to him.

“Since you have two dogs, can I hold one of them?” Jungkook asks.

Both Bean and Pistachio are really fond of Jungkook. He spends a lot of time with them when he gets the chance, and they are always excited to have him around. For Bean, that’s not saying much. For Pistachio, it’s saying a lot.

“Sure, you want to take Pistachio?” Hoseok suggests, holding out the younger dog’s lead.

“Or Bean.” Jihoon says, pushing Hoseok’s hand back.

Pistachio hates a lot of people, but there’s no one he’s meaner to than Jihoon. Looks like he and Yoongi have more in common than Hoseok may have realized.

“Bean.” Hoseok says, handing Jungkook the other leash. “He’s all yours.”

“Jung Hoseok!” Yoongi calls out, looking around as if Hoseok could be very far.

As Yoongi got the dogs out of the car and started talking to their younger friends, Yoongi escaped over to Namjoon and Seokjin.

Hoseok sighs, and he walks up behind Yoongi. “I’m right here, Hyung.” Hoseok says, pressing his chest to Yoongi’s back.

“Stay here. It’s too ing cold.” Yoongi says. He turns around and buries his face in Hoseok’s chest.

“I thought you liked the winter.” Hoseok teases, rubbing Yoongi’s back.

“Yeah, but I don’t like being ing cold.” Yoongi snaps, wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist.

Leave it to Yoongi to about something, even if he can’t about sweating. He doesn’t like to sweat. He doesn’t like to be cold. He doesn’t like to move. There’s always something for him to complain about.

“You’re cute, Hyung.” Hoseok says, and he lifts Yoongi’s head from his chest so that he can give Yoongi a kiss.

“Don’t kiss me.” Yoongi says, burying his face again. “It’s too cold for that.”

“Damn. It must be cold, then.” Hoseok jokes, knowing that Yoongi has never really been one to refuse kisses. Not from Hoseok, anyway.

“Just hold me.” Yoongi says, nuzzling into Hoseok’s chest.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        So it should be no surprise that everyone is there before them. They did, after all, show up twenty minutes late. As much as Taehyung would like to partially blame Jimin for it, it wasn’t, in any way, his fault.

“About time you guys showed up.” Seokjin scolds them as they join the rest of the group.

Actually…

“Don’t look at me.” Taehyung says. “It’s Jimin’s fault we’re late.”

“What? How is it my fault, Kim Taehyung?” Jimin demands.

“You could have driven us here, but, instead, you let me drive.” Taehyung tells him. Honestly, Jimin should have known better than to let Taehyung drive if he wanted to be on time.

Hoseok nods. “I can agree. That sounds like it’s Jimin’s fault.” He says.

Hyung,” Jimin whines, probably upset that his own dance teacher would take his boyfriend’s side.

Anyway,” Taehyung jumps in before anyone can pick on his boyfriend some more. His intention wasn’t to make Jimin feel bad. “It doesn’t matter now because we’re all here. So…hiking and stuff. Let’s go.”

Four couples and four dogs make their way to the hiking trail. Taehyung notices that Hoseok and Yoongi was kind enough to give up Bean for Jungkook and Jihoon, Jungkook probably having begged them to walk the dog since he doesn’t have one of his own. As they walk, Jungkook comes to stand next to Taehyung. “So…Hoseokie hyung tells me that Pistachio and Pixie did it in the park.” Jungkook says, nudging his head toward Taehyung’s Maltese.

“And?” Taehyung questions, raising an eyebrow at the younger one.

“Well, I was just thinking.” Jungkook says. “A dog is usually pregnant for, like, a month or two, right?”

“I have no idea.” Taehyung admits.

“So that means that she would have her puppies around February or so.” Jungkook says. “Then they have to be, like, twelve weeks old before they can leave home.”

“Jungkook—”

“Which would put them around May before they can leave home,” Jungkook keeps going. “And by that time Jihoon hyung said that we could discuss having a puppy.”

“Jungkook,” Taehyung says again. “I hate to tell you this, but Pixie isn’t pregnant. I took her to the vet to check, and she told us that she’s not pregnant.”

Jungkook’s steps slow, but he continues walking with the group. “Oh,” He says, sounding more than a little disappointed.

Taehyung is kind of glad that she’s not pregnant, though. She’s only one year old right now, and that’s still a little too young for her to be getting pregnant and raising puppies. Taehyung doesn’t want his dog to be an immature mother.

“Never mind,” Jungkook says.

“If she was,” Taehyung says, stopping the kid before he could go away. “I would make sure to tell you first so you could pick a puppy.”

Taehyung is sure that any puppy in Jungkook’s care would be in a good home. Like Taehyung, Jungkook really likes animals.

“It’s okay,” Jungkook says, smiling. “I kind of want a big dog anyway. I just thought…if Pixie was going to have puppies now, I wouldn’t mind having one of them.”

“A big one like Latte?” Taehyung asks.

Jungkook shakes his head. “I say big, but I don’t really mean big,” Jungkook says. “Just bigger than Pixie and Bean and Pistachio.”

“Unless you get a lazy dog, I don’t think big breeds will be good in an apartment.” Taehyung tells him.

“Taehyung,” Jimin whines, shoving his hands into Taehyung’s pocket from behind. “It’s cold.” He says, wrapping his arms around Taehyung’s waist, pulling Taehyung’s jacket with him, and he nuzzles into Taehyung’s back.

“Jimin, we’ve talked about this,” Taehyung complains. He tries to shake Jimin off, but the smaller one is too attached to let go. “It’s hard to walk with you attached to me like this.”

“Then give me a piggy back,” Jimin says.

That’s all the warning Taehyung gets before Jimin jumps onto his back, wrapping his arms around Taehyung’s neck. Taehyung quickly catches him and balances himself, keeping a hold of Pixie’s leash so that none of them get hurt. Jimin gets easily jealous when Taehyung talks to other people for too long, and, apparently, he had been talking to Jungkook for too long.

“You know I can’t do this for very long, right?” Taehyung asks,trying his best to hold Jimin up without using too much of his own strength.

“That’s fine,” Jimin says, resting his cheek on the top of Taehyung’s head. “Just hold me while you can.”

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Clearly the kids have more energy than any of the eldest members do. Save for Jihoon, who seems to be getting tired as well. Really, since starting, Seokjin has been wanting to take a break. Taehyung insists that they have to keep going until they reach an actual rest area where there will be places to stop and sit and eat. Seokjin doesn’t believe him. After they’ve already been walking for an hour, he doesn’t believe that one of these places exist on the mountain, but they manage to finally come upon one, and Seokjin couldn’t be more thankful.

Despite having been excited about this whole thing, Taehyung is one of the first of the group to rush to the tables to sit down. To be fair, he’s probably tired because Jimin kept jumping on him for piggy back rides.

Seokjin sits down at the same table as Taehyung and Jimin, and he instantly begins looking in his bag for something to eat.

“Taetae,” Jimin says as Taehyung takes off his gloves. “You know you can’t put these back on when we go back outside, right?”

“And why not?” Taehyung asks, shoving his gloves into his pocket.

“Because they’re made of cloth,” Namjoon says as he joins the three of them at the table after warming up his drink in the microwave there. “And so they’ll be wet when the snow on them melts, and the wet isn’t good for the cold.”

“I’ll be fine.” Taehyung insists, ignoring both Jimin and Namjoon’s wisdom—which is never a good idea.

“Hyung,” Jimin says to Seokjin. “Did you manage to bring extra chopsticks? Taehyung and I are stupid, and we left ours behind.”

Seokjin looks through his bag for an extra pair of chopsticks, and he only manages to find one. “I only have one extra pair,” He says, handing them over to Jimin. “But there’s some at the counter.”

“Then you should let me have these, and you use the disposable ones.” Taehyung said, trying to take the chopsticks that Seokjin just gave to Jimin.

“No,” Jimin says. “I don’t like the wooden ones. You use the wooden ones. You’re the one who forgot to pack our chopsticks, anyway.”

Namjoon smiles, watching the two of them argue. “See?” He says, nudging Seokjin as the two bicker. “This is why it is useful to have you around. You never forget anything.”

“Oh, I know.” Seokjin says. “You’d be doomed without me.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        After their little break, the hike continues, but they lose some members. Yoongi was complaining too much, so Hoseok decided that they would go home, taking both of their dogs with them. This ultimately left Jungkook without a dog, and he was all pouty about it until Taehyung handed over Pixie’s leash for the remainder of the walk. Namjoon and Seokjin decided to head back because Seokjin ‘is on his feet too often,’ and he needs a break. That’s how Namjoon had put it, but Jimin was pretty sure there was more to it than that.

So, the youngest couples were the only ones left to finish the hike. It was still an hour walk to the end of the trail, and then they had to walk to the two hours back.

Taehyung, being the big idiot that he is, decides to put his wet gloves back on. Jimin knows that he’s going to be ing about his hands being ing cold later, but he decides that he’ll deal with it when it happens.

“You know, I don’t think we’ve ever done this before.” Taehyung says as the four of them continue their hike. “I mean, have time with just the four of us. We’ve each had time with the hyungs, but I don’t think the four of us get together really.”

Something that annoys Jimin about Taehyung is that Taehyung tries to pretend that none of this ever happened between the two of them and Jungkook. That Jimin and Jungkook had never dated, and that they should be best friends again. He acts like both of them didn’t crush Jungkook’s heart, and he acts like that’s just something they can move on from and forget about.

But Jimin hasn’t forgotten.

Even still. Jimin hasn’t forgotten how upset Jungkook was at the end of everything, and he still, sometimes, feels bad about it. Even with Jungkook having seemingly moved on completely, Jimin still lives with guilt. Somehow Jimin thinks it’s easier to have been the one to get hurt in relationships than to have been the one doing the hurting.

“We should do it more often.” Taehyung adds when no one says anything.

“I think so,” Jungkook is the first to respond to Taehyung’s statements. “I kind of miss you guys.”

The conversation from that point turns awkward, and Taehyung takes that as the perfect opportunity to start the ing Jimin knew he would. “My hands a freezing,” He whines, shoving his hands into his coat pocket.

Jimin stops to pull them out. “You idiot,” Jimin says, pulling off the gloves that Taehyung had stupidly put back on. “I told you not to put these wet gloves on. You’re going to give yourself frostbite if you’re not careful.”

Taehyung looks surprised when Jimin has the gloves taken off. “Wow.” Taehyung says. “My hands feel better without the gloves on.”

Jimin smiles, rolling his eyes. “Maybe you should listen to your elders when they tell you something.” He says. “Shove your hands in my pocket, and let’s keep going.”

Taehyung does just as Jimin ordered, shoving his hands into Jimin’s jacket pockets. It works to Jimin’s benefit, too, because Taehyung is actually quite warm.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Yoongi didn’t think that he’d enjoy the hiking trip at all, and he won’t even admit that he even enjoyed it a little bit. But, it was more fun than he thought it was going to be, even if he did enough to convince Hoseok to drop out early. There was still an hour left to the end of the hiking trail, and then they’d have to walk the whole way back. As much as Yoongi enjoyed it, he didn’t like it enough to keep going for three hours.

By now, he’s just glad to be home. With Hoseok and their two dogs. On the couch. Under a blanket. Snuggled into Hoseok’s side. Bean and Pistachio both cuddled with them. Comfortable. The comfort of home that he can’t get any other way.

“I love you,” Yoongi finds himself saying before he can even stop himself, breaking the perfect silence that filled the room moments before, save for the heavy breathing of the two sleeping pooches.

Damn it.

It was quiet and perfect. Why did he have to say anything? Why did he suddenly have such an overwhelming urge to declare his love for Hoseok that he couldn’t hold it back.

He looks at Hoseok who smiles from where he is looking at something on his phone. Yoongi almost hopes that he’s so lost in whatever it is he’s looking at that he didn’t even here him. He knows, of course, that’s not the case.

Still, Hoseok doesn’t say anything back.

That’s fine. He doesn’t have to.

He and Yoongi had exchanged I love you’s enough for Yoongi to know that the feeling is mutual without Hoseok having to return it every time.

Still.

Yoongi feels a little offended that Hoseok is too absorbed in his phone to even glance at Yoongi. Smiles aren’t enough.

“Soso-ya.” Yoongi mumbles. He means to say it loud and demanding, but it comes out as a small mumble. Shy and quiet. Like he’s afraid to admit his jealousy.

Hoseok doesn’t say anything still. It’s such a rare occurrence that he’s this quiet.

“Did you hear me?” Yoongi asks, his voice more clear this time.

“Do I really need to say it?” Hoseok asks, finally speaking. “You should know that you’re not in love alone without me having to follow up with an I love you every time you say it to me.”

God, Yoongi really loves him. So much that it’s painful sometimes, even with Hoseok belonging to him.

“I think a hike during spring would have been more fun.” Yoongi says, switching subjects.

Hoseok finally puts his phone away. “Why? So you could more about how hot and sweaty you are?” He asks.

“No,” Yoongi says. “So you could cry and scream the whole time about bees and snakes and spiders, and I’d feel useful.”

Hoseok huffs a laugh before grabbing Yoongi’s chin. He leans forward as if he’s going to kiss him, but he doesn’t make it the whole way before speaking. “I love you, too, Hyung.” He says, closing the distance and claiming Yoongi’s lips. “I love you, too.”