Coffee Creamer #5 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Creamer #5 – Taehyung’s Success
Word Count: 1717

Date in Chapter: Various future dates

Note: In spirit of award season and BTS’s big win, I really wanted to make this chapter. Namjoon and Yoongi have both won awards in their past, as well as all of the dancers, and Jihoon is finally winning awards with his career. Whole Latte Love, Namjoon, and Jinhee are all Seokjin’s awards. So! Here’s a special chapter dedicated to Taehyung and his success of taking on a career on his own.

 

Jimin couldn’t deny that he had been a little surprised when he found a letter on the table, inviting him and Taehyung to the Seoul Video Awards, stating that Taehyung’s short series he had shot earlier in the year was nominated for the award under the independent series category. It’s only Taehyung’s second project since he started his career as a director, and a nomination is already a pretty big deal in itself. Jimin couldn’t be more proud at the moment.

He lays the letter back down on the table, and he walks straight to his and Taehyung’s room, hoping that’s where he’ll find the younger. Sure enough, Taehyung is sitting on the bed with Pixie curled up in his lap, and he playing a Donkey Kong game. “You got nominated?” Jimin asks. He finally removes his jacket at sets it aside before making his way to the bed.

“Yeah, but I’m not really sure if I want to go.” Taehyung tells him, welcoming Jimin into a warm cuddle as they both settle back against the headboard. If there’s one thing Taehyung had become really good at over the time he and Jimin have been together, it’s playing video games while cuddling.

“Why not?” Jimin asks with an obvious frown on his face. He looks up at Taehyung’s face, but the younger doesn’t move his eyes from the screen. He’s really good at remaining focused when it comes to playing games.

Donkey Kong falls to the bottom of the screen as Taehyung fails to make the jump he just attempted, and he’s released from the barrel at the beginning of the stage. “I’m probably not going to win,” Taehyung tells him. “It’d just be more of a disappointment than anything.”

This is Taehyung’s first time even having a chance at an award on his own, so it makes sense to Jimin that he would be afraid to fail this time around. “It looks bad on you if you don’t show up to support whoever does win, though.” Jimin points out. “That’s why so many people who aren’t even nominated for these sorts of things show up to the events.”

“I’ll think about it about it.” Taehyung promises, and he pauses the game as Donkey Kong falls of the screen for the second time since Jimin’s been in the room. He pretends that his failure doesn’t bother him as he gives Jimin the sweetest kind of kiss, and he looks into Jimin’s eyes. “It would be nice to have you there to congratulate me for my first award if I do win it.”

Sometimes Jimin hates the way Taehyung has the same effect on him now that he did when they first got together. He hates the way Taehyung’s smile can make him melt, and his kisses can make his heart sing. It’s not fair.

*

Despite all of Taehyung’s complaints, Jimin did convince him to go to the award ceremony. It’s the first time he had ever received a formal invitation, so it would have been rude not to accept. Jimin really wanted all of their friends to come to be able to support Taehyung, but it turned out that they were only allowed to invite one other couple with them as a guest. It’s Taehyung’s nomination, so it was only fair that he chose the couple to come with him, and he chose Jihoon and Jungkook.

“How does it feel?” Jungkook asks, taking his seat next to Jimin. “Being here to support Taetae hyung on his very first nomination?”

To say the last, Jimin is proud. He’s proud of his husband for having started this career on his own. For not giving up when no film companies would accept him as a director for them. He’s proud of Taehyung for dealing with all the negativities he had faced since he graduated film school, and he’s proud that Taehyung brought himself to this point. Jimin hasn’t had time to process all of his emotions yet, but he can definitely say that.

“I’m proud of him.” Jimin says, a fond smile on his face as he side-glances his husband who is talking to some other director. Jimin doesn’t know if Taehyung had ever met this person before. It’s hard to tell with how quickly he makes friends and gets other people to open up to him. It’s almost like everyone he meets has been his friend for years. “He did this on his own, so I really think he deserves to win.”

Jungkook shakes his head. “He wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you.” He assures him. “Him winning means you winning, too.”

Jimin doesn’t see it like that. Taehyung could have just as easily made it here without Jimin’s help. He could have made it here without anyone to support him, or he could have made it here with someone else’s support. It didn’t have to be Jimin, and he’s not winning because of Jimin. “I was just there to watch him come this far.” Jimin tells his friend. “He could have done this without me.”

From next to Jungkook, Jihoon leans forward so that he can get a better look at Jimin. “I’m fairly certain that when Taehyung met you, he was just an eleven year old kid with no idea about the future.” He says. As Taehyung’s second best friend, Jihoon gets to hear all about Taehyung’s and Jimin’s life together. Jimin used to be the one to hear about Taehyung’s boyfriends, but he’s glad to be the one Taehyung spends hours talking about now. “Now he has a husband, a career, and maybe even a family eventually. Believe me when I say he would not be here if it weren’t for you, and, even if he was, he wouldn’t be as happy as he is now. You two are lucky to be each other’s past, present, and future.”

Of course Taehyung chooses that moment of all moments to return to them. He takes his seat on the other side of Jimin, and he brings Jimin in for a kiss. “The ceremony is going to be starting soon.” He tells them. “So stop talking about me behind my back, and show some respect.”

Jimin rolls his eyes. “You’re one to talk, Kim Taehy—” He tries to snap at the younger, but Taehyung cuts him off with another kiss.

“Stop talking, I said.” Taehyung says more authoritative this time, and he looks toward the stage where the MC goes up to begin the ceremony.

*

The independent films awards come around, and Taehyung’s name is announced for the section that he got nominated for. It takes a moment for Jimin to register that it means that Taehyung had won his first nomination, and he couldn’t be more proud. After giving Jimin a quick kiss, Taehyung rushes up onto the stage to accept his award and give his speech. Jimin knows that he didn’t prepare anything before coming, not having expected to need a speech to give—he really didn’t believe that he was going to win.

“I’ll bet he’s going to cry.” Jimin hears Jihoon say, and Jimin laughs a little in agreement. He and Taehyung are both quite sensitive people, and they both cry easily.

Jimin listens to Taehyung’s award speech, and he’s surprised that it’s at least a little organized with the lack of planning Taehyung had done. He starts with his teachers and classmates from school, and he proceeds to thank everyone including his parents—especially his mom who is watching over him every day.

With tears in his eyes, he continues, “But most importantly, I owe all of this to my husband, Park Jimin.” Taehyung says, and he makes direct eye contact with Jimin. He smiles before going on. “Jimin has been like a guardian angel to me since the day we first met when we were eleven years old, and he’s been by my side ever since. No words can possibly express how grateful I am to have him in my life, and nothing I can do could ever equate to all he has done for me. So, Park Jimin, I hope you just know how much you mean to me.”

Jimin wants to cry, too.

*

“Here, I bought you this.” Taehyung says, handing Jimin a box once they get back to their apartment. It’s quite a small box, so it’s some kind of jewelry or accessory, Jimin presumes.

Jimin opens the gift to find exactly what he thought he’d find. Inside the box is a pair of earrings, and rather expensive looking ones, too. “Taehyung, you didn’t—”

“Yes I did.” Taehyung abruptly cuts him off. “Obviously I bought them before I even knew if I was going to win or not, but I think just being nominated was enough an award on its own. When I received the letter telling me that I was nominated, I didn’t even feel happy for myself. I didn’t even think of myself at first. More than that, I felt really thankful that I would have you to share the good news with. I was excited for you to come home and see you get really happy. So I thought I should get you something nice for staying by my side.”

“You didn’t have to.” Jimin says, actually able to finish his statement this time. “I don’t need gifts to know how much you appreciate me, Taehyung.”

“I can get you nice things if I want to.” Taehyung assures him. “You don’t really need kisses to know how much I love you, either. So should I stop kissing you then?”

Jimin immediately shakes his head. A few years ago, they had made the promise, at Jimin’s request, to kiss at least once every day that they are together to do so. They had kept to that promise since. “I didn’t get you a gift for winning,” Jimin says, most regretfully.

“That’s okay.” Taehyung says, and he grabs Jimin by the waist to pull him in closer. “You have been my gift every day since we first met. You don’t need to do anything for me.”

He pulls Jimin in even closer, and he kisses Jimin’s lips gently. Of course, there is always an award that the both of them can enjoy.