Coffee Love #11 (NamJin)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #11 - Always
Word Count: 3,898

Date in Chapter: 2016 December 4

Note: As promised, Seokjin’s birthday chapter! Also, I forgot to link the JungHoon and JiTae bonus chapters in the last chapter. So enjoy them.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Seokjin wakes up to warmth and a steady heartbeat. He and Namjoon don’t usually sleep close to each other like this, Seokjin liking his space when he sleeps. When they do, however, Seokjin doesn’t really mind waking up in his husband’s arms. Since the two have been frequenting the gym together, Namjoon has gotten stronger these days, and there’s a lot more safety and comfort in his embrace.

He lifts his head from Namjoon’s head to look up at his face. He’s still sleeping, and Seokjin finds it cute until he lets out a little snort. Seokjin rolls his eyes, but he can’t deny the fond smile on his face. Namjoon’s sleeping habits have definitely improved over the years, and good thing, too. Seokjin would be exhausted every day of his life had they not done something about his snoring.

“Joon.” Seokjin says, removing Namjoon’s arm from around his waist. He doesn’t really mind cuddling, but he’s never been the sort to need to be in Namjoon’s arms to fall asleep.

That’s all it takes to get Namjoon to stir from his sleep, only making Seokjin believe that he hadn’t been sleeping at all. He tightens his grip around Seokjin’s waist and rolls on top of the older one, pressing kisses all over his face and neck. “Happy Birthday, Seokjin hyung.” Namjoon says just before placing one final kiss to Seokjin’s lips.

“Gross.” Seokjin says. “You haven’t even brushed your teeth yet.”

Namjoon just smiles down at him, incredibly fond. “I’m pretty sure we’re way past the point where I need to brush my teeth if I want to kiss you.” Namjoon says back, giggling.

It has been way too long since they’ve had a morning like this. Without getting right out of bed to go about their days and do their things. A morning where the both just really enjoy each other’s existence, and Seokjin doesn’t even care if Namjoon has plans for the day. He’d be content if they could just lie here and enjoy each other like this, and maybe a little more.

“I guess we have come a long way, haven’t we?” Seokjin says, almost shy.

Namjoon nods in agreement, propping himself up on his elbows and delivering one more kiss to Seokjin’s lips. “We have a house and a dog.” Namjoon notes. “We’re married now, and we’ll even be fathers soon. But, it’s your birthday, so I want today to be all about you.”

“Every day is all about me.” Seokjin points out, knowing that Namjoon would have no trouble agreeing with that statement.

“Then today just has to be an extra all about you day.” Namjoon sighs.

“My favorite.” Seokjin has Namjoon rolled onto his back with himself on top of the younger one when the last word leaves his mouth, and he presses a kiss to Namjoon’s cheek before getting himself off the bed.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Today is Seokjin’s birthday. Of course it had to happen on the weekend so that Yoongi can’t use work an excuse not to hang out with him and Namjoon all day. It’s not that Yoongi doesn’t like Seokjin—the two had been getting along well recently, despite a few problems still existing between them. It’s just that he didn’t want to spend his Sunday, the final day of his weekend, out with their friends. He’d much rather be home working on designs or harassing the out of Hoseok.

Yoongi has no idea what they’re even doing today or where they’re going, so Hoseok is the one to drive and take them to wherever they need to be. “You know, there is only two weeks left before the dance competition.” Hoseok says, and he reaches over the center console to grab Yoongi’s hand to hold it in his own. “Are you sure you really want to do it?”

Yoongi knows that Hoseok just feels like he’s forcing him to do it rather than Yoongi actually wanting to. He usually feels like that when their plans involve something more than staying at home and cuddling or having all day. Like that’s the only thing Yoongi ever wants to do. “Hoseok, have you ever known me to agree to something I don’t want to do.” Yoongi asks.

“I don’t know. That’s the thing,” Hoseok says. “It’s hard to tell when you’re excited about anything. Unless it’s something you want to do. Like, that you suggested. Not with the things that I want to do.”

“Really?” Yoongi asks.

“Sometimes.”

“Soso-ya,” Yoongi says as Hoseok pulls into the parking lot of bowling alley. Of course they’re going bowling. Seokjin, despite hating the rentals and having his own shoes and bowling ball to use, loves bowling. Hoseok looks over to meet Yoongi’s eyes as he puts the car in park. “I’m actually really excited to do this dance thing with you. I mean, do you even know how much effort I’ve been putting into the practice?”

Hoseok smiles. “Well, you are doing better than I thought you would.” He admits. “So much that they’ll think you’re a professional dancer, too.”

“I guess it’s a good thing I’ve never danced professionally, then.” Yoongi tells him.

“Why are you so good to me?” Hoseok asks just before kissing Yoongi.

Yoongi smiles. “Because I love it when you kiss me like that.” He says.

Hoseok smirks at him. “Yeah? And what if I kiss you like this?” He asks, getting into Yoongi’s seat with him, sitting on top of the elder. He dips his head down, nipping at Yoongi’s lips before into his mouth nice and slow.

Yoongi allows himself to get lost in it, allowing Hoseok to have full control. He completely forgets about their surroundings until the car door comes open and Namjoon is interrupting them by saying: “Are we going bowling? Or did we just invite you two up here to have in the parking lot?”

Yoongi tries his best not to laugh. “ in the parking lot sounds amazing right now,” He says. “But we just had to agree to bowling with you, so I guess that.”

Hoseok rolls his eyes as he gets off of Yoongi and out of the car. “Come on,” He says, pulling on the elders arm. “Maybe we can have after the game.”

“You two are unbelievable.” Seokjin says as he walks past them to lead them into the bowling center.

“But yes,” Yoongi says as he takes Hoseok’s hand to pull him back. “I love it when you kiss me like that, too.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Since Rome was given the evening shift off, he asked Jungkook and Jihoon to go to dinner with him and Jiwoo. Jungkook, of course, was more than happy to accept—glad that it was finally them that got the invitation and not Hoseok and Yoongi. Of course, he later reminds himself that Hoseok and Yoongi are busy celebrating Seokjin’s birthday with him, so maybe that’s why. To make himself feel better, he assures himself that it’s because his brother actually wants to see him. It has been a while since they’ve hung out, after all.

Jungkook tries holding onto his fiancé’s hand, but the wind is too cold, and Jihoon ends up standing behind him as they walk, holding him close to use Jungkook to shield himself from the wind. Little . He just likes to take advantage of the fact that he’s a lot shorter than Jungkook.

When they get inside, Jihoon doesn’t let go. He stays attached to Jungkook as Jungkook tells the waiter who they’re supposed to be meeting there, and he doesn’t let go until the waiter has them escorted to their table. He allows Jungkook to sit first, and he scoots next to him into the booth.

“You two are a little late.” Rome notes as they both seat themselves.

“Well, our neighbors had their apartment door open, and Jungkook got distracted by the puppies.” Jihoon tells him. Rome smiles like he couldn’t expect anything else from his younger brother.

“They’re so cute.” Jungkook whines, wishing that he and Jihoon did have the time for a puppy. “But Hyung is mean and he won’t let me have one.” Jungkook pouts.

“If that’s the case, then I think you two will be okay.” Rome says.

Jungkook just looks at his brother, but he doesn’t say anything immediately. He has to allow himself some time to think about what his brother just said. “You mean…”

“I’m sorry about the other day.” Rome tells him. “You probably put a lot of thought into whether you should ask Jihoon or not, and you probably took a long time to plan out exactly how you wanted to do it. I shouldn’t have reacted how I did. It probably only made you feel like .”

Jungkook thinks carefully about his response before giving it. He could lie and say that he didn’t care about Rome’s thoughts and the fact that he wasn’t happy with it at first. He could say that he was confident enough in his own choice to not be affected by even his own brother’s opinion. Or. He could tell the truth and let Rome know that it really did hurt his feelings. Not wanting to seem like a child to his brother anymore, Jungkook decides to go with the former option, and lie to his brother.

“I actually didn’t care.” Jungkook tells him. He didn’t care that Jihoon’s father wasn’t exactly happy about it, but Rome was one he thought would understand. “I know what I want, and that’s all that matters.”

Rome smiles like he knows his younger brother is lying. And Jungkook knows that he knows he’s lying. He knows Jungkook well, so he can always tell when he’s lying. “Anyway, I wanted to tell you—even before telling Hoseok and Yoongi—that Jiwoo and I are engaged, too.” Rome tells him.

Jungkook looks up from the menu that he had just grabbed, unimpressed. “So…you’re telling me the only reason you’re even accepting my engagement with Jihoon hyung is—”

“Jeon.” Jihoon laughs, hugging Jungkook’s arm. “Stop complaining and just be happy they decided to tell you first.”

Jungkook frowns, looking at his fiancé. Did Jihoon know? “Did you know?” He asks.

Jihoon laughs. “He’s so cute.” Jihoon says as if talking to Rome about Jungkook, and he squeezes the younger’s arm tighter as he presses a kiss to Jungkook’s shoulder.

“You’re really the first person we’re telling.” Jiwoo assures him. “Well, you two, anyway.”

“Your idea?” Jungkook asks.

“Rome’s idea.” Jiwoo says, smiling, and she leans in closer as if to share a secret with the younger two. She says in a quiet voice, “He said that he kind of understood you after proposing to me. Even though he knew I’d say yes, it was still scary to him, but he won’t admit it.”

“Hey now,” Rome says, grabbing Jiwoo’s arm and pulling her back to sit in the booth. “No gossiping at the table.”

“So…do you two know when you’re going to get married?” Jungkook asks.

Jihoon shakes her head, picking at the appetizers in front of her. “Right now, we’re trying to decide if we want to do it before the baby comes or not.” She says. “It’s a matter if we want him or her to be there or if we want to be married before he or she comes.”

“Either way would be cute,” Jihoon says. “Since pregnancies are a common reason for people to get married these days, there are a few wedding dress options for pregnant women.”

Jungkook nudges the smaller one with his elbow. “Hyung,” He says, letting Jihoon know that he should be careful on how he words things or it can be a little offensive to some people.

“No. I mean…I’m just saying…I didn’t mean anything by it.” Jihoon insists.

Jiwoo laughs. “It’s okay, Hoonie.” She says. “I know what you mean.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        Being alone in the apartment once in a while is nice, but it gets boring when Taehyung decides to stay out all day. He and Daehyun had planned to have some “brother time” together. Jimin used to be included in that occasionally, but now, being Taehyung’s boyfriend and all, he doesn’t get that luxury anymore. The brothers want to hang out without their partners, so Jimin gets excluded now. It would hurt his feelings more if he didn’t know how much it means to Taehyung that he gets a whole day to spend with his brother alone. With Daehyun being married, being a stepfather, and having a job, it’s hard for them to have time to spend together anymore.

Still, Jimin feels like Pixie when Taehyung finally comes back later in the evening. The little dog runs up to the door, excited to finally see her favorite master, and she jumps up into Taehyung’s arms when Taehyung opens them for her to do so. Jimin wants to be the dog right now, but it would be a little weird if he were the one to run up, all excited and stuff, and jump into Taehyung’s arms. If the younger one had been away for a lot longer than an entire day, it’d make more sense for him to have such a dramatic action.

“Miss me?” Taehyung asks, smiling at Jimin as their dog him all over his face.

“I can survive without you for one day.” Jimin assures the younger one as Taehyung joins him in the living room. The younger one sits down on the couch, and Jimin pauses the game he’s currently playing and sets the controller aside. “But yes. I missed you.”

Taehyung lets the dog go, and Pixie jumps onto the couch with Jimin, crawling up in his lap. Wanting to be next to Taehyung, however, Jimin picks her up and carries her back over to the younger, sitting on the love seat with his boyfriend.

“Jimin,” Taehyung says, taking Jimin’s hand into his own, tracing Jimin’s ring with his thumb. “Do you realize that you aren’t even my boyfriend anymore?”

“What?” Taehyung’s question took him by surprise, and Jimin wasn’t really sure how to respond to it. In some way, it kind of stings to hear him say something like that.

Taehyung laughs, nuzzling his nose into Jimin’s cheek. “I don’t mean anything bad by it.” He says. “It’s just that I asked you to marry me, and you agreed. Technically, we’re not boyfriends anymore, but we keep calling each other that. My brother pointed it out today.”

He has a point. Really, they haven’t been boyfriends in a while. It just feel right to call Taehyung his boyfriend. The term fiancé, at least to Jimin, sounds weird. It’d be weird to call Taehyung that. “But we’re best boyfriends.” Jimin says, bringing up the term that Taehyung referred to them as some time ago.

“Yes,” Taehyung says, nuzzling Jimin’s cheek again. “We’ll always be best boyfriends.”

With a small nod of agreement, Jimin doesn’t say anything else. He pulls Pixie up to his chest, and he leans into Taehyung, resting his head on Taehyung’s shoulder.

“Kim Taehyung,” Jimin says after the two sit in a comfortable silence for a while. He doesn’t say anything else, and he doesn’t even remember if he was even going to say anything else. He just snuggles comfortably to Taehyung, Pixie still in his lap, and he sighs. “I just love you.”

“And I just love you, Park Jimin.” Taehyung says. “More than anything in this world.” He pauses and scratches Pixie on her head. “Except the dog. I love her just as much.”

“Me too.” Jimin says, pulling Pixie up to his chest again, giving her a hug.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Their day consisted of bowling, lunch, a movie, and dinner all with Yoongi and Hoseok. It was a little annoying this time, however, because Hoseok was way more focused on Yoongi than Seokjin. Usually Hoseok’s a little better about giving everyone attention, but he sometimes gets really caught up in his own little world with Yoongi. It’s fine, though. It kept most of Namjoon’s attention on him rather than on Yoongi, so, either way, Seokjin still wins.

At the end of the day, Seokjin expects to go home, and they do, but only long enough to grab Latte so that they can go somewhere else. Seokjin has no idea where they are going until they arrive at the walking trail that they sometimes go to together. Or went to together. They hadn’t been here since the things that happened last year, and Seokjin feels nervous when they arrive in the parking lot. “Namjoon, I—”

“Do you trust me?” Namjoon asks.

Seokjin doesn’t really know what that question is even about, but he nods, anyway. “Of course.” He says.

“Then trust me when I say that nothing is going to happen.” Namjoon says, probably aware that bringing Seokjin to this place isn’t going to treat his anxiety well. Not after what happened a year ago. “It’s just us,” He says, showing Seokjin that there are no other cars in the parking lot. “And, if anyone comes up, you have me and Latte, and we’re not going to let anyone touch you.”

This is good for them, Seokjin assures himself. He’s been a lot more confident these days, and his anxiety hasn’t been holding him back as much. He can really prove to Namjoon that he’s getting better if he does this and doesn’t let his anxiety keep him from a place that used to be a favorite of theirs. He agrees to walk on the trail, and Namjoon gets out of the car, bringing Latte with him.

He holds onto the dog’s lead as they walk, and he holds Seokjin’s hand in his other hand. “This past year hasn’t exactly been easy for us,” Namjoon says. “In fact, I think it’s the hardest year that we’ve had in the time that we’ve been together.”

Seokjin knows that it’s because a lot has changed since they’ve been married. His anxiety really started improving, especially after finding out how much he can trust Namjoon. He allowed himself to feel too comfortable and safe, and it made Namjoon feel like he wasn’t needed anymore. It’s funny because Seokjin knew that would happen. Namjoon promised that it wouldn’t, but he did get a little scared when Seokjin didn’t need him as much anymore. All the change over the past year has put a lot of strain on them, and it scared Seokjin for a while. It’s scary now with Namjoon even bringing it up again.

“I’m sorry,” Seokjin says.

“For what?” Namjoon asks.

Seokjin shrugs, squeezing Namjoon’s hand. “For not being scared anymore.” Seokjin says. “I know it makes you feel like I don’t need you as much as I used to, but I—”

“Hyung,” Namjoon cuts him off. “I don’t care about that. I’m happy that I get to see this more confident side of you. And I’m even happier that I’m the one who was able to bring this side of you out.”

“Really?” Seokjin asks.

Namjoon nods. “I understand how Hoseok must feel.” He says. “Before him, Yoongi hyung was kind of a really depressing person to be around. Other than his company, he didn’t really seem to have a purpose in life, but Hoseok gave him life, and it’s so great to see him now compared to how he used to be.”

“What does that have to do with me?”

“Because I helped you become a better person, too.” Namjoon says.

“I’m changed a lot.” Seokjin says. “So I wouldn’t be surprised if you stopped loving me over the months.”

“You didn’t change.” Namjoon assures him. “You’ve always had this confident personality underneath all of your fears. It showed in times that it needed to. The only thing is, you’re now showing that side more often. You’re happier these days since you’re not worrying all the time, but there’s still this part of you that worries about everything. You’re the same Seokjin hyung, you’ve just brought out the side of you that I love more. So…I never stopped loving you over the past months, Hyung. If anything, I only love you more now.”

Namjoon is too sweet. He’s always too sweet.

“I took a long time to make that change, though.” Seokjin says. “Hoseok practically changed Yoongi overnight.”

“Yeah, well, I think Hoseok isn’t that patient either, though,” Namjoon says. “If Yoongi hyung had taken forever to change, they probably wouldn’t be where they are right now.”

Seokjin laughs and he nods. “Hoseok would have gotten tired of him if he didn’t change his attitude quickly.” He agrees.

“But it worked for us.” Namjoon says.

“Namjoon.” Seokjin says so softly he’s surprised Namjoon even heard him. “I love you.”

“I love you, too, Hyung.” Namjoon says. He stops walking long enough to plant a kiss on Seokjin’s lips. “Don’t you ever think that I don’t.”

 

Jihoon’s POV

        Everything is so much better when Jungkook is actually in a good mood. He smiles a lot. He smiles really wide, so much that it almost make Jihoon’s face hurt because he can’t help but smile, too. He’s more hyper, and a lot more affectionate when he’s in a good mood. Really, this cute, playful, and happy side of Jungkook is Jihoon’s favorite side of him.

“So it’s official.” Jungkook says, ing his coat once they get into the bedroom. “We’re getting married.”

It’s crazy how much Rome’s simple approval of Jungkook’s decision can completely change Jungkook’s mind about something, but maybe Jihoon would understand if he had a brother who meant as much as him as Rome does to Jungkook.

He’s so goddamn cute and happy right now that Jihoon can’t stop himself before he runs up to him and tackles him onto the bed. He’s actually surprised, at first, that he was even able to succeed at pushing Jungkook onto the bed, but he just smiles down at the younger one, looking into his eyes before dipping down for a kiss. “I love you, Kookie.” Jihoon says when he pulls back.

“I love you, too, Hyung.” Jungkook says, his hands sliding up the backs of Jihoon’s thighs. “Hey,” He whispers as his hands inch further up. His breath hitches when Jungkook slips one hand between his legs, still inching up further. “Do you want to do me this time?”

“Wh-what?” Jihoon asks, the question having caught him off guard. In the near year that he and Jungkook have been together, Jungkook has always been the one to top. In Jihoon’s entire life, he had only ever been topped. Everyone laughed if he even expressed an interest in learning to top, probably thinking that it’s ridiculous that someone so small could even think to do something like that, but here Jungkook was—asking Jihoon to top him.

“Do you want to do me this time?” Jungkook asks again as if it should be simple. “I think it’d be really hot.”

“I want to.” Jihoon says, going breathless as he even imagines it. He really wants to watch Jungkook come undone and beg for him. He would never have asked to do it or even suggested it, but, since Jungkook offered, he’s not going to pass it up.