Coffee Stains #5 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Stains #5 - Spiders
Word Count: 1,359

Date in Chapter: 2013 November 30

Note: This is a past Yoonseok chapter. This event happens after Hoseok convinces Yoongi that they should be a little more than buddies. Short short chapter, but it’s cute.

 

        Getting invited to Yoongi’s place is normal. Hoseok had quickly learned that Yoongi doesn’t do much outside of his house, and most of his ideal dates are lounging on the couch while watching movies until he falls asleep on Hoseok. Since their argument a week ago, their time spent together had revolved more around getting to know each other on a personal level rather than getting to know each other’s bodies more and more every time they met.

What shocks Hoseok is when he receives a message from Yoongi asking if he wants to actually do something with him. With Namjoon and Seokjin moving in together pretty soon, Yoongi has some things to do to help them out before they can move into the new place that they’ve already decided on. It’s a fixer upper with just a few things that need redone, and Yoongi is the man Namjoon called on to take care of it all. Having his best friend help him with it saves him a little money since Yoongi doesn’t ask for payment.

“Is this what you’ve been working on all week?” Hoseok asks as he steps into the house. It already looks better than when Namjoon and Seokjin had decided to get it. The baseboards have all been replaced, and the walls have been repainted. Working around his work at Suga Styles, Hoseok can’t really see how Yoongi has found the time to help out like he has, but Yoongi has always been one to make time for his friends when they need him.

Instead of an answer, Yoongi curls his fingers around Hoseok’s wrist, and he drags him into the room that will be Namjoon’s and Seokjin’s when they finally move in here. Behind them, Yoongi closes the door and pushes Hoseok into the wall. “I was just thinking,” He says, running his hands down Hoseok’s chest. “Wouldn’t it be nice if we got to try this room out even before Namjoon and Seokjin? I’m the one doing all the work without pay, so I think I deserve some kind of reward.”

Yoongi goes for Hoseok’s neck, but Hoseok pushes him back before he can latch his lips on. “There’s no furniture in here, so I don’t think it would be very comfortable.” Hoseok says, and he looks down at the floor where there is only a base, but no carpet or hardwood. They’d only get splinters if they even tried anything in here. “Besides, we only have a couple of hours before we have to meet Seokjin hyung and Namjoon for lunch. We don’t have time to fool around.”

Hoseok is supposed to be helping. Not soiling Seokjin’s room before he even gets to use it.

With a sigh, Yoongi backs off, and he grabs a sledge hammer, handing it over to Hoseok. “Okay.” He says. “I’ll let you have the easy job, and you can just beat holes in the wall so I can put some new drywall up.”

Hoseok can’t tell if Yoongi is actually upset about Hoseok not wanting to mess around or not, but he doesn’t say anything else before he gets to pulling one section of the wall down.

This is different. Hoseok never gets to see Yoongi outside of his natural habitat—which is either working on designs or just being lazy around the house. This is the first time he’s ever seeing this side of Yoongi who knows how to do other useful things like construction and maintenance. Yoongi hardly ever talks about himself, so Hoseok never even considered the elder having this side of him.

Keeping his eyes off of Yoongi and his mind on the task at hand is easier said than done, but Hoseok manages to focus enough to actually get somewhere with the chore given to him. As he tries to do what Yoongi said, beat holes in the wall, Hoseok sees something black, big, and fast move out from where the baseboard should be. He doesn’t have to look twice to know that it was a spider. The hammer drops to the floor with a loud thud that probably wasn’t even audible over Hoseok’s screams, and Yoongi quickly turns his attention to the younger.

“What the happened?” Yoongi asks, genuinely concerned. He grabs Hoseok by the shoulder, trying to calm the younger and look him over, probably looking for signs of injury. He must think that Hoseok hurt himself. “Are you okay?”

Hoseok shakes his head, and he just points where the spider had run off to.

“What?” Yoongi asks, whipping his head around to examine the room. He looks back at Hoseok when he doesn’t notice anything that could make someone react like that. “Did you hurt yourself?”

Again, Hoseok shakes his head, but he’s a little calmer now. “There was a big spider.” Hoseok says, trying to keep his voice from shaking. He had been teased and picked on a lot because of his fear of spider, and everything else, really, and he can really see Yoongi to be the type to as well. “He ran out from under the wall.”

Yoongi stares at Hoseok for a minute, and he blinks a few times before he bursts out laughing. “You scared the out of me because I thought you had gotten hurt.” He says around his giggles, but Hoseok doesn’t find it very funny. “Just when I thought you couldn’t get any cuter, I find out you are afraid of spiders.”

Hoseok can’t help but beam at Yoongi’s usage of the word ‘cute.’ He’s sure that the elder had never called him that before, and it may have been a slip-up to call him that this time. Still, it doesn’t go by Hoseok unnoticed. “It’s not very nice to tease people about their fears.” Hoseok tells him, pouting slightly.

“If you’re looking for nice, I don’t see why you’re still hanging around me.” Yoongi tells him. Isn’t that the truth, though? If Hoseok just wanted nice, he would be looking elsewhere to find it.

“Are you going to do something about the spider?” Hoseok asks, shivering once more at the thought of the beast being hidden somewhere in the room.

“Did you see where it went?” Yoongi asks, turning around to examine the room once more.

Again, the spider dashes across the room at light speed. This time, however, Yoongi manages to catch it, and he gets it out of Hoseok’s sight.

When Yoongi returns to the bedroom, Hoseok is standing there with a smug grin on his face. “Were you really worried that I hurt myself?” Hoseok asks, teasing Yoongi about his softness before Yoongi gets the chance to tease Hoseok about the spider. Hoseok has never really had the chance to see a softer side of Yoongi, so this was definitely something he was going to remember.

“No,” Yoongi says. A lie, obviously. “I was worried that you would be too injured to help me, and I’d have to finish this on my own.”

Hoseok knows better. Yoongi’s reaction earlier was one of concern more than of frustration. He was clearly thinking about Hoseok’s health more than his own needs. “I can’t wait to tell Namjoon that you’re getting soft.” Hoseok continues teasing him. “You know he’ll never let you live that down.”

“ off.” Yoongi snaps. “Keep my secret, and I won’t tell anyone about you being afraid of spiders.”

To that, Hoseok laughs. “Hyung, everyone already knows that I’m afraid of spiders.” He assures his hyung. “You have nothing against me.”

“Hoseok, please don’t.” Yoongi pleads. “Namjoon will get jealous if he thinks I’ve found a friend I’m softer with than him.”

Hoseok rolls his eyes. “No he won’t. He has Seokjin hyung now, so I’m sure he wants you to find someone you can be soft on.” Hoseok assures the elder.

If that wasn’t a clear hint to Hoseok wanting Yoongi to be something a little more than his friend, Hoseok didn’t know what could be.

From then on, Yoongi learned that Hoseok has a lot of fears, and Hoseok learned that Yoongi actually has a lot of softness.