Coffee Love #34 (JungHoon)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #34 - Moving Up
Word Count: 1,729

Date in Chapter: 2017 May 12

Note: Jihoon’s graduation! Junghoon chapter, and this is leading into a Junghoon/Yoonseok arc together. So, enjoy! (Our first serious Junghoon arc. Are you guys nervous?) Also, all couples are present in here, but really only Junghoon and Yoonseok have a part. Short chapter, but enjoy nonetheless. ^^

 

Jungkook’s POV

        It’s only on very special occasions that Jungkook is actually out of bed before Jihoon. The past couple of weeks have been extremely hectic for these two because Jungkook has been trying to finish his final projects as well as study for his final exams. Jihoon has been trying to finish his senior projects and get caught up on all of his work with Suga Styles. Since finals and everything were done with last week, this week had been spent getting ready for graduation. Really, this is the first big thing that Jungkook and Jihoon have to celebrate together as a couple. There have been small things for them to celebrate, but Jungkook is just more than excited to actually be with Jihoon on the day of his graduation.

“Jihoon hyung.” Jungkook whispers to the elder who is still sleeping on the bed. He’s curled up into a little ball with Marble resting against his back. He’s so cute and peaceful, and probably exhausted after the busy few days that they’ve had, and Jungkook doesn’t want to bother him. Still, he has to get up if he doesn’t want to be late or possibly even miss his own graduation. Going to the event isn’t necessary for collecting the award, but it’s a memorable moment that will be important to him for the rest of his life.

“Smol.” Jungkook’s voice is louder, but just as gentle this time.

Jihoon wakes up with a small hum, and he opens his tired eyes to look up at Jungkook. “You’re already dressed?” He asks, pulling the covers tighter around himself. It’s not cold in their apartment, so Jungkook just assumes that he must be comfy under the blankets. “I’m proud of you.”

“Hyung,” Jungkook says, grabbing Jihoon’s arms and prying them apart so he can get the covers from him. Jihoon wines in protest, but Jungkook overpowers him. “We have to be at your school in an hour.”

“I can’t believe this is happening.” Jihoon mumbles as he pushes himself up off of the bed. “I’m not ready to be done with school.”

“Well, I’m ready for you to be done with school.” Jungkook says. “I’m tired of seeing you overwhelmed with a lot of work.”

“You know, I wouldn't have been able to make it through this year if I didn’t have you to keep me sane.” Jihoon says.

“You could have done it without me.” Jungkook assures him. “I just made it more bearable is all.”

 

Yoongi’s POV

        One thing that Yoongi always wanted was a brother. He’s had many going through foster care, and he even has an older brother with his adopted family, but none of them count. He never kept contact with his foster brothers, and his adopted brother was already married and out of the house when Yoongi came, so they’re not even close. But there is Jihoon.

Yoongi kind of wishes that he could have been there throughout Jihoon’s life. He would liked to have been there when Jihoon started going to primary school, and he would have liked to have been there when Jihoon graduated from high school. There’s a lot that Yoongi could have been there for, but he wasn’t because he had to be born to a different mother.

There is a lot that Yoongi has been there for, also. He was there when Jihoon got accepted into a design company for the first time—Yoongi was the one who accepted him as an apprentice, and it was also their first time meeting. Yoongi was there when Jihoon and Jungkook started a relationship together—not personally, but he was in Jihoon’s life at the time. And now, it’s Jihoon’s graduation from college, and Yoongi is going to be there.

The first part of his day is spent at the company, getting things ready so he can leave early. He’s left Sungjong in charge of the company enough times to know that he can trust the secretary. He pack his things up, and he hopes to be met with Hoseok’s smiling face when he leaves the building. That’s not going to happen, of course, because Hoseok is still in Daegu. He’s still training and enjoying a life without Yoongi.

The good thing about being the CEO of the company is that it means that Yoongi gets to reserve the nearest parking space to the building for himself. He likes it because it means that he never has to walk too far just to get to work or back to his car.

Once he’s inside his car, he pulls out his phone to text Hoseok. It’s a little after noon on a Friday, so Yoongi is sure that Hoseok is probably busy with training if he’s not on a lunch break right now. Otherwise, he would call Hoseok. But nothing feels worse than calling Hoseok and not getting an answer, so Yoongi always settles for texting the younger when he doesn’t know if he’s free or not.

“Going to Jihoon’s graduation now. I’ll take lots of pictures for you.” Yoongi types into his phone.

Hoseok’s replay is almost instantaneous: “Have fun! Don’t text and drive, Hyung! I love you!!! *kisses*”

 

Jihoon’s POV

        Jungkook drives because Jihoon is too nervous to. He gets them to the school on time for Jihoon to meet the rest of his class, and he leaves Jungkook to go get ready. Jungkook doesn’t let him leave without a few kisses for “good luck” he says. Jihoon doesn’t need luck. He’s graduating today no matter what, but he appreciates the gesture anyway.

Getting ready for the ceremony seemed to take a lot longer than the actual ceremony itself. It seemed like it took hours to listen to the instructors go on and on about how much they’re going to miss the students and how they hope to see some of them coming back to further their education. When the actual speeches started and they walked across the stage, it all seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye.

When Jihoon gets off of the stage and the ceremony finishes, he’s able to go meet with his friend and family—well, his friends. His parents didn’t come here today because Jihoon completely forgot to tell him what date he’d be graduating on. So he can’t really be upset that they didn’t come.

Everyone is there. All except for Hoseok who is still in Daegu, but he did send Jihoon a text this morning to congratulate him for having made it this far. Hoseok, apparently, knows the struggles of making it to graduation more than any of their friends do.

Jungkook is the first one to meet Jihoon when he goes to where his friend are sitting, and Jihoon can’t stop himself from jumping up into Jungkook’s arms and pressing a kiss to his lips. Yeah, he can’t deny that he likes having a big, strong fiancé who can take him so easily.

“Hey, hey now.” Seokjin says, burying Jinhee’s face in his chest. “We’ve got a baby here. You two can’t be all over each other in front of him.”

“We’re not all over each other,” Jungkook whines, letting Jihoon down. “It was just one kiss.”

“I know.” Seokjin acknowledges. “I just had to stop you before it went any further.”

“Says the guy who curses in front of the baby.” Namjoon says, a teasing smile on his face.

Jihoon smiles as he listens to Namjoon and Seokjin’s banter, and he takes Jungkook’s hand into his own. Jimin and Taehyung come up to him, and each of them give him a hug as they congratulate him.

“We actually got you a graduation gift,” Jimin says. “But Taehyung—”

Jimin forgot it at the apartment.” Taehyung jumps in before Jimin can put the blame on him.

“I was going to say Taehyung forgot to remind me to bring it,” Jimin says. “So I forgot it. It’s all his fault.”

Taehyung rolls his eyes. “He’ll always find a way to blame me.” He says.

Then those two start bantering as well, and Jihoon is just as amused by it as he was by Namjoon and Seokjin’s bater.

Yoongi is the last person to come up to them. Unfortunately there won’t be any cute banter between him and Hoseok. Jihoon doesn’t know why, but the cute arguments between Yoongi and Hoseok always seem to be his favorites.

“It’s not much…in fact it’s not even really suitable for a gift at all,” Yoongi says. He pulls his wallet out of his pocket, and he pulls out a card. “But I figured today would be a good day to give you this.”

Jihoon takes the card from Yoongi’s hand, and he sees that it’s a badge for Suga Styles. Jihoon already has one of these, but his title on there is “Intern.” On this badge, it says “Lee Jihoon — Designer.”

Yoongi might not think it’s much, but it means a lot to Jihoon. Even if he already knew that he was going to be accepted into the company as an official designer. “Hyung, this is the only thing I was going to ask for.” Jihoon says.

Yoongi nods. “Well, it comes with a lot of responsibility.” He says. “You’ll be starting on your very own line when you come back to work on Monday, and it’ll be displayed at the summer runway.”

Maybe not everyone could accept a gift like this and be happy with it, but it is the most meaningful thing to Jihoon. Especially coming from Yoongi, the one person he always dreamed about working for one day.

***

“Lee Jihoon, Fashion Designer.” Jungkook says, shoving Jihoon on the bed when they get back to their room. “You know, not everyone is lucky enough to get a job right after graduating. Looks like I picked the right one.”

“Shut up,” Jihoon says as Jungkook crawls on top of him, and he instantly grips Jungkook’s biceps. “You would be happy with me even we both stayed in Busan, and I was just a farmhand when you met me.”

“I would be happy,” Jungkook says, a devilish smirk played on his face. “Because I wouldn’t have question whether you like to get down and dirty or not.”

“Jung—” Jihoon can’t even finish Jungkook’s name before his lips are taken by Jungkook’s in a passionate kiss.