Coffee Love #16 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #16 - A Show
Word Count: 1,647

Date in Chapter: 2016 December 30

Note: Taehyung’s birthday. Warning for alcohol consumption. You know, I realized that Coffee Love doesn’t have a lot of drinking/smoking/other drugs. The characters do drink, so we can add more of that in here if you guys want? No smoking or other drugs, however, because our characters just don’t do that. Enjoy~

 

Taehyung’s POV

        If Jimin were here, Taehyung probably would have asked for the day off. With his boyfriend gone, however, there’s no reason not to come in to work. He can’t even call Jimin right now because he’s supposed to be at some venue, showing off his dance skills.

The part that probably kills Taehyung the most is that he knows how much of a showoff Jimin can be onstage, and he knows how much the girls and fanboys like it. Jimin loves being the center of attention, and Taehyung always found that to be weird for such a shy person like him.

With Sungjong’s permission, Taehyung takes his notebook into the studio so that he can work on filling up Yoongi’s calendar for the next month while conversing with Jihoon. At least for as long as they can get away with before Yoongi tells them both to get back to work.

“Isn’t it so boring with Jungkook and Jimin gone?” Jihoon asks, sighing as he rests his head on the table.

While Taehyung at least tries to be productive while sitting in here and chatting with the designer, Jihoon doesn’t do anything. He just sits at the table. To be fair, he’s already gotten everything he needed to have done in the morning.

“Why don’t you ask Yoongi hyung to, like, be their designer or something?” Taehyung asks, thinking how cool it is that Jihoon actually has a job that would allow him to travel with the dancers.

“Minwoo already has that position,” Jihoon says. “Besides, I don’t really like costume design all that much. Being away from Jungkook for a few days or even a week isn’t going to kill me.”

Taehyung shrugs, punching in a few dates to make sure he’s actually focusing on his work as well. “At least he’ll be here for your anniversary, right?” Taehyung notes, wishing Jimin could be here today.

“As long as the winter storms don’t keep them from leaving,” Jihoon says with a sigh. “That’s the main thing I’m worried about.”

Taehyung smiles at him from over his computer screen. “It’s better that their flights are delayed than for them to fly through the storm, though.” He says. “I’d be really worried if that were the case.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s true.” Jihoon agrees, and Yoongi walk into the room right about that time.

“You’ve finished your work?” He asks, kicking the back of Jihoon’s chair.

“Yep.” Jihoon says, and he shows Yoongi what he’s got done. “I was going to start on—”

“Taehyung?” Yoongi says, looking at Taehyung. “What about you? What are you working on right now?”

“I’m just getting your schedule for next month set in the calendar.” Taehyung says. “But I’m almost done with that.”

“Go home.” Yoongi says, and both Jihoon and Taehyung just look at him. “Both of you. I’m not feeling well, so we’re closing up early today.”

“But…I have to finish—”

“Just fill it out and send it to Sungjong some time over the weekend.” Yoongi tells him. “He’ll know what to do with it.”

If Yoongi is that serious about them going home and having the rest of the weekend off, Taehyung is not going to complain.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        Seokjin and Namjoon were supposed to be heading back home today, but they were snowed in at Seokjin’s parents place, so it doesn’t look like that’s going to be happening any time soon. Seokjin is currently in the kitchen, helping his mother prepare lunch as she talks about how much she would like for the two to come and visit them more frequently, and Namjoon sits in the living room with Seokjin’s father.

Namjoon excuses himself so that he can call Yoongi. He first tries Yoongi’s work number, knowing that he would be at his company right now, but he tries his personal cell once that doesn’t work.

“Please tell me you’re almost here,” Is exactly what Yoongi answers the phone with. He sounds stressed or exhausted or sick, or a mixture of the three.

“Sorry, Hyung,” Namjoon says into the phone. “We’re not going to be able to make it back today. We got snowed in. What’s the problem?”

“Nothing,” Yoongi says, more disappointed than Namjoon had expected him to be. That’s when Namjoon reminds himself that Hoseok isn’t there either. He had a trip with his students for some end of the year dance competition in England. “I’m just…not feeling too well right now. Hoseok is not here, and I only have the dogs to keep me company. I can at them, but they don’t back and take care of me like Hoseok does. They just listen. They’re good dogs. Hoseok should be more like them.”

Namjoon bites back a laugh at Yoongi’s words. He’s sure the elder had already taken some cold medicine, otherwise he wouldn’t be talking like that. “Do you really want your husband to be like a dog?” Namjoon asks.

“No, I want the dogs to be like him.” Yoongi says. “I can at him and make him do things for me. The dogs are useless. I have to take care of them even though I’m the one who’s sick.”

“All right, Hyung. Just go lie down and sleep, and Hoseok will be home before you even know it.” Namjoon promises.

“You’ll be here first, won’t you?” Yoongi asks. “I mean, Hoseok’s not leaving until tomorrow.”

“Just sleep, Hyung.” Namjoon says. “Call Hoseok or something.”

“I tried.” Yoongi informs him. “I think he’s busy right now, but I’m a little sleepy, so I’m going to take a nap.” He yawns into the phone. “Good night, Joon.”

“Good night, Hyung.” Namjoon says, and he hangs up the phone before Yoongi gets the chance to say anything.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Jimin hates not being with Taehyung on his birthday. He knows how sensitive Taehyung can be, but it’s a good thing he has his brother there in case he needs some company. While at the venue, Taehyung is the only thing on Jimin’s mind, and he continues to be the only thing on Jimin’s mind until he gets back to the hotel.

“Jaejoon and Minwoo and I are going to watch a play,” Jungkook says, going through his bags, probably looking for some money. “Do you want to come?”

“No thanks,” Jimin says, sitting at the desk and opening up his computer. “I have to call Taehyung.”

“Oh, that’s right. It’s his birthday, isn’t it?” Jungkook says, sneaking his way to the hotel door. “Well, I guess I’ll let you two have your fun then. I’ll be back in a few hours.”

Jimin waits for the door to close behind Jungkook before he opens FaceTime on his computer, and he calls Taehyung. It only take a few chirps for Taehyung to answer, and he’s sitting on his and Jimin’s bed, Lion in hand and Pixie in lap, when he does.

“Jiminie,” Taehyung chimes into the speakers, and he grabs Lion’s paw to wave the plush arm at Jimin through the camera. “I miss you. We all miss you.”

It’s barely five seconds into the call, and Jimin can already tell that Taehyung’s not acting normal. “Are you drunk?” Jimin asks. Honestly, if he were home, he and Taehyung probably would have gotten drunk together, so he really shouldn’t be surprised.

Taehyung reaches over to the bedside table, where he grabs a bottle of soju and takes a drink of it. “Are you mad?” He asks.

“More like relieved.” Jimin says, glad that, if Taehyung’s drinking, he’s at least doing it in his own apartment instead of out at a bar where anything can happen.

“You should come home.” Taehyung says, pointing at Jimin through the camera lens. “Lion has been replacing you, but I don’t like him as much.”

“No?” Jimin asks, and Taehyung shakes his head. “And why am I better than Lion?”

“I like your kisses more. I mean, I can kiss Lion,” Taehyung says, kissing the plush on its nose. “But it’s nothing like kissing you. You smell better than Lion, and you love me more than Lion.”

“What about Pixie?” Jimin asks, amused by his drunk boyfriend. “Doesn’t she keep you company?”

“Look at her.” Taehyung says. He lifts the dog up by her front legs and shows her face in the camera. “She misses you, too. Doesn’t she look sad?”

“She looks tired because you just woke her up.” Jimin tells him.

“When are you supposed to be coming home?” Taehyung asks. “Soon?”

“If all goes well, we’re supposed to leave tomorrow.” Jimin says.

Taehyung smiles, and he moves Pixie from his lap and sets Lion off to the side. He adjusts his position on the bed so that he’s lying on his stomach, and he sets the computer in front of him. “Show me something beautiful,” Taehyung says with a sigh.

“What?” Jimin asks, kind of surprised by Taehyung’s sudden behavior.

“Come on,” Taehyung begs, cutely. “I miss you, and it’s my birthday, so I want to see a show, Jimin. Put on a show for me. Show me what I’m missing out on.”

“I-I’m sharing a hotel room with Jungkook, you know.” Jimin informs Taehyung, not really wanting Jungkook to walk in on something like Taehyung is requesting.

“Is Jungkook there? I don’t see him.” Taehyung hums, his eyes scanning his computer screen.

“No, but—”

“Then I don’t see the issue. Put on a show for me.” Taehyung is much more demanding this time around.

Jimin bites his lip, and he looks over at the hotel door. Jungkook just left a few minutes ago, so he shouldn’t be back for a while. Still, Jimin’s not taking any chances. He puts the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door, and he only hopes that the younger one gets the message, should he return early.