Coffee Love #33 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #33 - Thoughts and Actions
Word Count: 2,702

Date in Chapter: 2017 April 29

Note: Continuation of the Yoonseok ark. This is the sixth chapter, and it will be the last chapter for this part. There is one more part of their arc, but it will be posted after a few chapters because it’s an event that happens a bit later. This chapter takes place a month after Coffee Love #32.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Yoongi can’t even be sure how long it’s been since he found himself on a train. He hates taking public transports like this, so he has always avoided it at all cost. Today, however, he needed to take the train to get to where Hoseok is staying in Daegu. Of course, he could have taken the airline, but he didn’t want to spend all that money for a weekend visit.

Sitting with his head leaning against the window, Yoongi watches as the scenery passes by. He imagines that this train ride wouldn’t be anywhere near as awful or boring if Hoseok was there with him, but maybe it’s the very thought of seeing Hoseok in a couple of hours that keeps the trip from being as bad as it could.

Or, maybe, (and this is something Yoongi would never admit to) Yoongi finds himself not hating this as much as he should because he doesn’t hate anything as much as he used to because Hoseok somehow makes Yoongi enjoy life. Even when he’s not with him, Yoongi just finds himself enjoying things more than he used to.

He finds himself smiling fondly to himself as he thinks about seeing Hoseok not too long from now, and a part of him hates Hoseok for having changed him so much. Still, he finds it impossible to actually hate Hoseok because it’s just not possible to hate someone who makes him feel so alive. Like he’s not just living the same day over and over again, going through the motions.

Yoongi ends up falling asleep on the train. He only realizes this when he wakes up due to the train screeching to a halt at the Daegu station. Yoongi’s eyes open, and a smile come to his face when he easily spots Hoseok amongst all the people waiting for the passengers to get off. It’s always easy to spot him in a crowd when he’s shining brighter than everyone else.

It’s been a little over a month since Yoongi had seen Hoseok, which means that there’s only eight more months to go until Hoseok comes back home. Still, Yoongi couldn’t wait that long to see Hoseok again, so he’s more than thrilled to get off the train. Once he’s back on solid ground, he leaves his suitcase behind so that he can run up and give Hoseok a hug. “Soso ya!” Yoongi calls to the younger one, leaping into Hoseok’s arms once he gets the chance. He wraps his arms around the younger one, burying his face in the crook of Hoseok’s neck and taking in his scent. He smells just like Yoongi remembers. “I ing missed you.”

“I missed you, too, Hyung.” Hoseok says, and his voice sounds so much better in person than it does over the phone. It’s the same voice, but it’s so much nicer to hear him this way. “Now come on. Let’s get your stuff to the hotel—”

“Just a few seconds.” Yoongi says, trying to hold his ground as Hoseok tries to get Yoongi off of him. Yoongi’s not ready to let go yet. It’s only been a little more than a month, but it feels like a lifetime to Yoongi. It’s so nice to have Hoseok is in his arms again.

Hoseok holds Yoongi tighter, and he doesn’t let go this time until Yoongi lets go first. When Hoseok smiles at him, Yoongi feels like it’s their first time meeting all over again, but a lot more cliche this time. That kind of first meeting where Tall-Dark-and-Handsome smiles at a damsel and she falls in love with him immediately—except Yoongi’s not a damsel.

“You seem shorter.” Hoseok chimes, and his hand slips into Yoongi’s as he pulls the handle of Yoongi’s carryon up to pull it along behind him. “Did you shrink in the past month?”

Yoongi rolls his eyes, but he finds himself unable to keep the fond smile off of his face. “No.” Yoongi says. “I know you think I’m an old man, but I really don’t think I’m old enough to start losing bone mass quite yet.”

“Yeah, well just know that I won’t love you any less when you do get that old.” Hoseok says, poking Yoongi’s cheek. “You just need to take care of yourself so you don’t get that old too quickly.”

Yoongi doesn’t care about that future right now. The only think that matters to him is the feeling of Hoseok’s hand in his. It’s been too long since they’ve been together like this, and Yoongi wants nothing more than to just kidnap Hoseok and bring him home with him at the end of the weekend.

“So…how are you enjoying the training so far?” Yoongi asks, just concentrating on the warmth of Hoseok’s hand. It almost matches the warm glow on Yoongi’s cheeks, and he knows that Hoseok has to be aware of the fact that he’s blushing.

“It’s really great, you know.” Hoseok says, and he keeps looking forward as he walks. “The trainers are all really nice, and they’re so patient. I’ve made a lot of friends, and—”

Yoongi smiles as he listens to Hoseok go on about all the people that he’s met while he’s been here, and he talks about how there’s this particular guy that reminds him a lot of Yoongi. He admits that talking to him always makes Hoseok feel homesick and it’s the strongest reminder Hoseok gets to make sure he calls home to Yoongi every day.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “There.” Jungkook says, just finishing up the make-up on Jihoon’s shoulder. It’s just a homemade, temporary tattoo that Jungkook had convinced Jihoon to let him try, and Jungkook is quite proud of it. It’s a horse with an ivy branch as a frame. Jihoon approved a sketch on a piece of paper before letting Jungkook to get to work for real.

Jihoon looks down at his shoulder, holding his arm at an angle so he can see it better. He looks pretty satisfied with it, too. “Not bad,” Jihoon says. “But it doesn’t hurt to get a temporary tattoo with make-up. If I let you do a real tattoo like this, I know it’d hurt like .”

“Language, Hyung.” Jungkook says, tapping Jihoon on the nose. “You don’t want Marble picking up that kind of talk, now do you?”

Jihoon rolls his eyes, hitting Jungkook in the arm. “If Marble could talk, maybe I’d be a little more concerned about that.” He says.

“But she does talk.” Jungkook insists, and he picks up the kitten. She’s gotten a lot bigger than she was when they first got here, and Jungkook is afraid that she’s going to be a giant cat. She’s not even done growing yet. He holds her underneath her elbows, and she just lets him do what he wants. “You know what hurts like ?” Jungkook says in a high-pitched tone. “People stepping on your ing tail. You humans are lucky because—”

“Such a naughty mouth on such a cute kitten.” Jihoon says, scratching the cat on the head.

“Whose fault do you think that is?” Jungkook asks, setting Marble down and letting her go. She doesn’t go far. She hops on the arm of the chair that Jihoon is sitting in, and she curls up to sleep. “She takes after you a lot more than she takes after me.”

“How so?” Jihoon asks, turning in his chair and crossing his legs.

“She, like every other cat in the world, is an .” Jungkook says. “Which she gets from you.”

“I’m not an .” Jihoon says, frowning.

“Not to me.” Jungkook assures him. “But you can be to other people.”

“Name one time I’ve been an to someone.” Jihoon challenges.

“Last week,” Jungkook says. “We went to the pizza shop, and the cashier offered us some free breadsticks because it was a special, and you accused her of flirting with me.”

“She was flirting with you.” Jihoon insists.

“It’s their job to be friendly,” Jungkook tells him. “You can’t—”

“Not that friendly.” Jihoon cuts him off. “There’s a fine line between offering good customer service and hitting on a customer.”

“Then your definition of that fine line must be a lot more strict that most people’s,” Jungkook notes.

“Whatever. If you don’t want me to call people out for hitting on you, then I won’t.” Jihoon says, and he grabs Marble from the arm of the chair, holding her to his chest. “It’s just annoying that we can’t go anywhere without people making google eyes at you or trying to ask you out on a date when you’re clearly already on a

“Hyung,” Jungkook says, and he presses a kiss to Jihoon’s cheek to stop the elder one. “I’m not saying I don’t like it. You’re really cute when you get jealous.”

“I’m not jealous,” Jihoon insists. “I just think it’s disrespectful for people to hit on you when we’re out together. I mean I know that they might not assume that we’re a couple, but…why do you have to be so damn likable? How did you manage to only ever date two people in your life?”

Jungkook shrugs. “I don’t notice all of the attention I get.” Jungkook says. “Only when it’s coming from someone I like as well.”

Jihoon stares at him for a moment. “You are so full of yourself.” He says.

“Hey, you were pretty full of me this morning, too.” Jungkook says, a smirk played on his face.

“You’re horrible.” Jihoon mumbles, nuzzling his face into Marble’s fur to hide his glowing cheeks.

“You love it.” Jungkook says, knowingly.

“Maybe.” Jihoon says back.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        “You ing .” Seokjin snaps, tapping Yoongi’s dog on the nose as he snatches another treat from Seokjin’s hand. Seokjin had been trying to get Pistachio to do the sit and wait thing that Jungkook had taught to Latte when she was younger, but Pistachio just keeps stealing the treats right from Seokjin’s fingers. “You are definitely Yoongi’s dog, you .”

Hyung,” Namjoon tries to bite back his laughter. It never fails to amuse him when Seokjin gets into moods like this where he just doesn’t watch the words that come out of his mouth. “In case you don’t remember, we have a baby in the house.”

Seokjin rolls off of his feet, landing on his bum as he sits on the floor, crossing his arms over his knees and looking up at Namjoon, who is sitting on the couch, texting Jiho. “He’s in his room, and he’s sleeping,” Seokjin assures the younger one. “I doubt this will influence him much. Besides, he hasn’t even started talking yet.”

“In the next room, but he can still here us.” Namjoon informs his husband. “And just because he can’t talk doesn’t mean he can’t understand what you’re saying, and he’ll remember the sounds.”

Pistachio runs up to Seokjin, and he tries to sneak around to get the box of treats from him. Seokjin notices, and he picks them up as he gets up off the floor to join Namjoon on the couch. “I’m glad that Latte is a good dog.” Seokjin says, resting his head on Namjoon’s shoulder. “We don’t have to worry about her with Jinhee. Pistachio, on the other hand, would probably bite Jinhee’s fingers off.”

“I don’t actually think so.” Namjoon says, and he adjust his position so that he can get and arm around Seokjin’s waist. “Dogs are usually really good at adjusting their behavior appropriately when it comes to children. I don’t think he would hurt Jinhee.”

“Well, I’m not taking my chances.” Seokjin says, yawning and nuzzling into Namjoon’s chest. “Do you remember what time Bomi is supposed to be here to take Jinhee for a playdate with Kijung?”

Namjoon opens the calendar app on his phone, which he has synched with Seokjin’s just to make sure that they always know what’s going on. “She should be here in about an hour.” Namjoon tells him.

“Good.” Seokjin says, sighing. “I could use some alone time with Daddy.”

“Hyung,” Namjoon says, almost breathless.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Yoongi honestly didn’t expect to spend to the entire day in the hotel room, but that’s what ended up happening. He and Hoseok didn’t jump right into bed together—not ually anyway. They’ve just been sitting on the bed and talking to each other for the first few hours. By the time dinner rolled around, they ordered some room service and cuddled on the bed while eating their food.

“I’m sorry,” Yoongi says, finally ready to admit his fault to his husband.

“Don’t be sorry,” Hoseok says, but Yoongi doubts he even knows where Yoongi is going with this.

“Hoseok…” Yoongi breathes, setting his plate of bulgogi aside. “You know…the past month hasn’t exactly been easy for me.”

Hoseok doesn’t say anything at first. He just nuzzles down further into the bed, and he rests his head on Yoongi’s shoulder. “I didn’t think it would be.” Is what Hoseok says when he finally does speak.

It hurts. Honestly, it really hurts for Hoseok to be so okay with this, assuming he even knows what Yoongi is talking about. “Don’t.” Yoongi says, tears filling his eyes. “You being so okay with everything…and just…being so ing perfect all the time isn’t really helpful.”

“Hyung,” Hoseok starts, but he doesn’t say anything else.

“I’m a ing awful husband because I can’t even keep my eyes off of everyone for the time that you’re supposed to be training.” Yoongi says.

“I don’t expect you to keep your eyes off of everyone.” Hoseok tells him. “I knew this wasn’t going to be easy for you when I first brought it up, Hyung. I don’t expect you to be perfect.”

Yoongi knows that Hoseok’s heart is in the right place, but his words only make Yoongi angrier. “Don’t tell me that you’re okay with me cheating on you because you ing expected it to happen.” Yoongi snaps, and he pushes Hoseok up from his chest. “You deserve better than that, and I should be better than that.”

Hoseok is quite for another moment, but he eventually cups Yoongi’s face and makes the elder look at him. “Did you cheat on me?” Hoseok asks.

Yoongi doesn’t say anything.

“Hyung.” Hoseok says, and Yoongi looks him in the eye. “Did you cheat on me?”

Yoongi doesn’t want to cry. “No.” He says. “But I thought about it. I almost did, but I stopped myself.”

“Good.” Hoseok says, and their lips connect in a sweet kiss. “Look. I didn’t expect this to be easy for you. By that, I mean that I didn’t expect you to not have worries or think about sleeping with other people. Hyung, I knew that you think about those things.”

“Hoseok—”

“But thinking it and doing it is two completely different things.” Hoseok tells him. “And as long as you didn’t actually cheat on me, I don’t see where there would be a problem.”

“Because I shouldn’t even be thinking of someone else when I have you.” Yoongi mumbles, resting his head on Hoseok’s shoulder this time. “You deserve better.”

“Stop saying that.” Hoseok says. “I’m just happy you thought about me.”

“What?” Yoongi asks.

“I mean…you said you thought about cheating, but…why didn’t you actually do it?” Hoseok asks, lightly scratching Yoongi’s shoulder with his blunt finger nails.

“Because…oh…” Yoongi says, realizing what Hoseok is saying. “Because of you.”

When Hoseok smiles this time, it’s just as bright and happy as ever. “So why would I care if you think about other people when the very thought of me is what keeps you from doing something to hurt me or our relationship?” Hoseok asks, and Yoongi feels comfort in knowing that he doesn’t have to be perfect for Hoseok to love him. “Even when I’m a thousand miles away, I’ve still got you whipped so good.”

Yoongi rolls his eyes, and he tilts his head to the side for a kiss. “I love you, Jung Hoseok.” Yoongi says.

“I know, Hyung.” Hoseok says back. “I love you, too.”