Coffee Love #38 (JungHoon)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #38 - A Reason to be Jealous
Word Count: 2,219

Date in Chapter: 2017 June 4

Note: Happens the day after Coffee Love #37. Continues where Coffee Love #37 left off—the Yoonseok thing and Junghoon arguing over Jihoon’s decision to work abroad. Jitae and Namjin fluffy and domestic cuteness to balance it out. Enjoy!

 

Jimin’s POV

        “I want to move.” Jimin says when he joins Taehyung on the couch that morning. The younger is sitting with his notebook computer in his lap, and he’s working on some things for Yoongi. He’s still dressed in his pjs, which he put on this morning because he hadn’t worn any to bed, and his hair is still uncombed. Honestly, this is one of Jimin’s favorite ways to see him.

Taehyung looks up from his computer screen to make eye contact with Jimin, but he continues typing for a moment. “Why’s that?” Taehyung asks, once his fingers still on the keyboard.

Jimin shrugs. He hadn’t really thought of many reasons that he’d like to move, he just knows that he’s tired of this apartment. It’s a little too big for the both of them. It’s designed more for a family than for a couple living together. It works for Yongguk and Daehyun with Minjun, but it’s a little bit too much space for Taehyung and Jimin alone. They’re not planning on starting a family anytime soon, so they don’t need to have all this space. It’s too far from both of their jobs. Daehyun had chose this building because it’s close to downtown, but neither of them work in any of the businesses downtown. Also, it’s a little pricy. The only reason Jimin agreed to moving in here in the first place is because it was right across the hall from Daehyun. That’s the only good side of it.

“I don’t know,” Jimin sighs, leaning all of his weight against Taehyung. “We just chose this place because it was close to your brother. We didn’t actually get to look around and choose one that really suited us, and I really want to do with that with you.”

Taehyung giggles, nuzzling his head down against Jimin’s. “Really? You want to move just so we can have the experience of choosing an apartment together?” He sounds so fond as the words leave from his mouth.

“Well, yeah. I just…I think this place is too big for just me and you and Pixie to be living here, and I don’t think that it really suits us.” Jimin says. “So I want us to pick one together.”

“That’s really cute.” Taehyung says, and he nudges Jimin’s head so that Jimin will lift it from his shoulder. He turns slightly toward the smaller one, meeting his lips in a sweet kiss. “Just because you are so adorable, I want to move, too.”

“To a smaller place?” Jimin didn’t think Taehyung would agree so easily. He’s always inviting and having people over, so the big place seems perfect for him.

Taehyung nods, looking back at his computer screen. “Yeah, since it’s just me and you, Babe, I’m okay with living in a smaller space.” Taehyung decides.

Jimin used to hate that nickname. He never really felt comfortable with anyone in the past calling him Babe or even Baby. When Taehyung uses it—or any nickname, really, he always manages to bring a blush to Jimin’s face.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Jungkook isn’t entirely surprised when he wakes up in bed alone. After their fight yesterday, Jihoon probably didn’t feel like lying around in bed, waiting for Jungkook to get up like he usually does. They hadn’t really talked since then, but Jungkook doesn’t even feel like talking about it. It’s bad enough waking up in bed alone knowing that Jihoon has to be somewhere around the apartment. He knows that it’ll be even worse waking up alone, knowing that Jihoon isn’t anywhere near him—not even in the same country.

Still tired, and kind of wanting to cry, Jungkook forces himself to get out of bed to go find his fiancé. He was so upset yesterday at just the thought of Jihoon leave him that he didn’t even take the chance to tell the other how he really feels about it. If Jihoon is willing to listen, Jungkook is ready to actually talk about it.

“Hey.” Jihoon says when Jungkook steps out into the living room. He’s sitting at the coffee table, resting his cheek in the palm of his hand as he half-heartedly works on sketches.

“Hey,” Jungkook returns and joins Jihoon on the floor, sitting on the opposite side of the table.

Normally, he would just sit right next to Jihoon, but he’s not sure how the elder would react to that. It’s weird between them right now because they’ve never really fought before, so they don’t really know how to make up yet.

“I’m sorry about yesterday.” Jungkook decides that starting with an apology will be the easiest and best way to begin.

“Me too.” Jihoon says, which kind of surprises Jungkook. He half expected Jihoon to put all the blame on him. “You were right. I had made up my mind before talking to you, and I shouldn’t have done that. It prevented us from actually being able to discuss it, so we just fought instead.” He sounds like he wants to cry, but he doesn’t look at Jungkook. It hurts, honestly. Jungkook had only seen Jihoon cry on a few occasions, and he felt like dying every time. “I know that you care about my career.”

Jungkook tries not to laugh at that, but a small chuckle manages to escape him. “And I know that you care about my feeling and our relationship.” Jungkook returns.

“I’m still going.” Jihoon says, obviously unwilling to change his mind.

“I still don’t want you to.” Jungkook tells him.

“Why?” Jihoon asks, more calm this time. Not like yesterday where he didn’t seem willing to listen to Jungkook at all. “I don’t want to hear reasons like you want me to be here. I want to be here, too, but I also don’t want to pass up this chance.”

“I don’t want you to go because…” There are a lot of reasons Jungkook doesn’t want Jihoon to go. “Because it’s my last year in university. I’m going to be graduating, and I don’t want to be alone when I do.”

“I’ll make sure I can home for your graduation. It’s before the busy part of the season, anyway, so that shouldn’t be a problem.” Jihoon assures him.

“Also…” Jungkook says. This is the part that he doesn’t really want to admit to Jihoon, but maybe it’ll be enough to make him stay. “I’ve lost the one I love before…and I just…don’t want that to happen again.”

Jihoon is quiet. He’s looking down at his sketch, so Jungkook can’t read his expression. When he looks up, he looks hurt. “Are you saying you don’t trust me?” He asks.

“I didn’t say that.” Jungkook says quickly, but he sees where Jihoon would have got that from what he said. “At least, that’s not what I meant.”

“Then what did you mean?” Jihoon questions, his tone a lot more serious now. “Because me going to France doesn’t mean that you’re losing me. We’re still engaged, we still have our relationship, and it’s not like you’ll never see me again.”

“Never mind. Forget it. I don’t know what I meant.” Jungkook tries to get past it. He’s not the best at explaining his feeling or saying what he really wants to say, so he thinks it’s better that he doesn’t say anything at all.

“No. I’m not going to just forget it. Do you not trust me?” Jihoon demands.

Jungkook does trust Jihoon. As far as he knows, Jihoon hasn’t shown the slightest bit interest in anyone else since they have been together. Jihoon doesn’t even look at other men or even talk about other men, so it’s not like he’s the type that can’t be trusted.

“It’s not you.” Jungkook says. “It’s…other people. You’ll be meeting all kinds of new people in France, and—”

“And what? I might fall in love with one of them?”

“Well, it’s happened once before so…” Jungkook kind of means that as a joke, but he could have thought twice before saying it. Now is clearly not the time for jokes.

“I cannot believe you.” Jihoon scoffs. “Do you want me to admit something to you?”

He doesn’t give Jungkook the chance to answer.

“I hate you hanging around Jimin.” Jihoon tells him. “I can’t stand you two being together. You two look good together, and I hate it. I see the way you look at him, and I know you still have feelings for him. But I don’t say anything because I don’t want you to think that I don’t trust you, Jungkook, because I do.”

His voice cracks and trembles, and Jungkook hopes he doesn’t start crying. It will be the death of Jungkook if Jihoon cries because of him.

“I’ve never felt like that about someone before.” Jihoon continues. “I thought I felt that way with you because I finally found the one person that I’d like to spend the rest of my life with, but maybe—”

“Hyung, please.” Jungkook begs, and he can’t hold it back anymore. He starts crying, fearing the worst. Jihoon wants to break up with him. This is the end of their relationship, and it’s all because Jungkook was selfish and didn’t want to let Jihoon work abroad for a little while.

Jihoon shuts up the instant Jungkook starts crying, and he sighs. “I definitely wasn’t wrong.” Jihoon says, and he crawls around to Jungkook, wrapping his arms around the younger’s waist and burying his face in Jungkook’s chest. “No one could ever affect me like you do.”

Jungkook hugs Jihoon tightly, not letting him go even when he complains about not being able to breath. “Are we breaking up?” He asks, still crying.

Jihoon laughs and nuzzles his face further into Jungkook’s chest. “No, Kookie,” Jihoon tells him. “I’m not going to break up with you.”

It doesn’t solve their whole problem, but Jungkook is glad that they at least got that out of the way. His world would end if Jihoon broke up with him, that’s for sure.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        After receiving that message from Yoongi last night, Hoseok tried to talk Yoongi into letting him stay. Whatever Yoongi was all in his head, but Hoseok wasn’t about to explain himself in a text message. He tried calling Yoongi the night before, but Yoongi—in all his maturity—wouldn’t answer the phone.

Needless to say, he shows up at Hoseok’s dorm at nine o’clock in the morning, and Hoseok is just glad that his roommate is gone for the weekend. He wouldn’t want him being here with Yoongi coming in like this. “Do you have your things ready?” Yoongi asks, not even looking at Hoseok. He looks around the room, instead.

“Yes.” Hoseok says, picking up his bag and setting it on the desk so that Yoongi can see it. “But will you listen to me before you drag me out of here? Let me explain—”

“Explain what?” Yoongi asks, clearly not interested. Hoseok knew he would do this. “Why you weren’t happy at all to see me when I showed up yesterday? Why your ex-boyfriend was more important to spend time with than me? Thanks, but I’m not really in the mood for excuses.”

“Wait, how did you—”

Yes. Hoseok was, indeed, with his ex-boyfriend yesterday. He had met him again when he first came here to start the training, and he learned that he was a teacher at the high school Yoongi used to go to. It was what led Hoseok to coming up with the idea in the first place, and he had asked Soonyoung if he could help Hoseok with setting it up.

“Grab your bag, and let’s go.” Yoongi says.

He’s apparently okay with having spent the money on these classes, which is not refundable, and not letting Hoseok continue. Whatever. Hoseok doesn’t care. What’s more important to him right now than finishing the classes is trying to get things straightened out with Yoongi. He’s apparently become a really big since Hoseok left, so that’s not going to be easy. It almost feels like he’s talking to the old Yoongi.

He grabs his bag off of the desk, and he follows Yoongi out of the building. There’s a cab waiting for them outside, and Hoseok puts his bag in the trunk before getting in the backseat with Yoongi. “I had a reason to be with Soonyoung, you know.” Hoseok tells him. “Besides, how the did you even find out that I was with him?”

“I saw you two together at the coffee shop.” Yoongi states, and he puts his headphones in so that he doesn’t have to talk to Hoseok.

It pisses Hoseok off when he does that, but he’s sure the best thing to do is wait until Yoongi calms down a little and then try to talk to him.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        “So…when are you leaving?” Jungkook asks when Jihoon joins him in the living room after taking a shower.

Jihoon sits in front of Jungkook, on the floor, allowing the younger to rub the towel over his wet hair. He’s not really sure if they’ve officially made up yet, but they’re getting there. Being their first big fight, and all, Jihoon was really worried.

“Two weeks from tomorrow.” Jihoon tells him. “After I confirm to Jia that I’ll take the job.”

“Good,” Jungkook says. “It gives me a little bit of time to prepare myself.”

“I wouldn’t have accepted the job if I’d have to leave too soon.” Jihoon assures him. “I’d never do that to you.”

“I hope not.” Jungkook says, and that’s all the comes out of his mouth while he dries Jihoon’s hair. Once he’s done, he drapes the towel over Jihoon’s shoulder. “And that think you said about Jimin earlier,” Jungkook says. “Is entirely false.”

Jihoon stays silent.

“I don’t look at him any certain way. I don’t have feelings for him anymore.” Jungkook assures him. “I did before, but I don’t anymore. The thing that you’re seeing is your own jealousy, which is undeniably cute because you have no reason to be jealous.”

“Correction.” Jihoon says, turning around to face Jungkook. “Before I met you, I didn’t have a reason to be jealous. Now I do.”

And it’s Jungkook’s kiss that assures Jihoon that now they have officially made up.