Coffee Love #40 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #40 - Announcement
Word Count: 2,607

Date in Chapter: 2017 June 9

Note: Happens a couple of days after Coffee Love #39. This is just a cute chapter that has a lot of friendship and couple moments in it, so…enjoy!

 

Yoongi’s POV

        “What the are you doing in here?” Yoongi asks when he enters the studio that afternoon. He just got back from a quick meeting with Minwoo, and he finds Taehyung sitting in the studio while talking to Jihoon, who is supposed to be working. They’re both supposed to be working. “You’re supposed to be at your desk doing your work. Not bothering my designer.”

“I am doing my work.” Taehyung assures him, and he pokes his pen at the papers in front of him. “Sungjong hyung came back from his one week vacation early, and he told me to go away because I was annoying the crap out of him. He told me that he’s going to tell you that I need an actual desk of my own, or he’s quitting.”

Yoongi sighs. That secretary is almost as stubborn as himself. Actually, Yoongi is almost certain that Sungjong is a little more stubborn than Yoongi himself. “He won’t quit.” Yoongi knows better. Sungjong has been working for Yoongi ever since even before he started this company. He was the one who helped Yoongi get started. There’s no way he would quit over something like Taehyung being a little annoying sometimes. “He needs me.”

“You seem to be in a better mood.” Taehyung notes as Yoongi takes his seat at the drawing table. “You and Hoseokie hyung finally make up or something?”

Yoongi nods. “We’re in the process of making up.” He says. “It’s now more of me trying to make it up to him for being such a .”

Taehyung nods. “I know what that’s like.” He says.

Jihoon just sits there drawing, quietly. He looks up from his paper to say: “I have no idea what that’s like.” He looks back at his paper to continue drawing. It’s a couple of sketches to submit to Jia in his portfolio so that she can get an idea of his designs style when placing him somewhere in the company. “I’m never a to Jungkook.”

“I wonder if Jungkook feels the same.” Yoongi says, but he most certainly doesn’t mean for it to sound like a snarky response as it does. 

“Probably.” Taehyung says. “Jihoon might be a to everyone else, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen him be a to Jungkook.”

“I’m not a to everyone else.” Jihoon says back, frowning.

“Dude, you told Jimin to keep his hands to himself during his and Jungkook’s dance, but Jimin had to follow the choreography.” Taehyung says, bringing up an incident that had happened a few months ago. Yoongi recalls it because he was there when it happened.

“And you ordered Hoseok to not choreograph any dances that involve Jimin and Jungkook touching each other.” Yoongi adds.

“Jimin and Jungkook’s dances are everyone’s favorite. The audience loves them.” Taehyung says.

“Yeah? Well, how would they like me grabbing their boyfriend and throwing him up on stage to be danced on by another guy?” Jihoon asks.

Taehyung smirks. “Just know that Jimin can do a lot better than he shows on stage,” Taehyung assures him. “And I’m the one who gets to see that side of him.”

“Jungkook probably did at one point.” Jihoon points out.

“Doesn’t matter.” Taehyung tells him. “I’m sure he doesn’t care to see it again. I don’t know if you realize this or not, but Jungkook is like a faithful puppy.”

Jihoon smiles. “He is, isn’t he?” Jihoon asks, but there’s a little uncertainty in his voice that Yoongi catches.

“Do you not trust him?” Yoongi asks.

Jihoon shakes his head. “It’s not that.” He says. “I know that I can trust him. I’m just afraid to. I don’t want to feel like an idiot if something happens.”

“I know the feeling.” Yoongi assures him. “But you’ll eventually realize that you can safely make yourself completely vulnerable to Jungkook without worrying about him taking advantage of that.”

“Were you ever afraid that Hobi hyung would…that something would happen between you two?” Jihoon asks.

“At first, yes.” Yoongi tells him. “I was quite an back then, so I was afraid that he would get tired of my crap and leave me.”

“And some of us are just surprised that he hasn’t yet.”

Yoongi smiles at the sound of his husband’s voice, and he looks up to see Hoseok standing in the doorway.

“Shut the up,” Yoongi says, still smiling fondly. “I don’t treat you like anymore.”

“You never did.” Hoseok assures him, walking into the room. He holds a bag in his hand, probably containing some sort of food. “It’s lunchtime, and I didn’t know if you wanted to go out or eat here, so I picked up something just in case. If you’d rather go out, we can leave this for the kids and save them a little bit of money.”

Did Yoongi ever mention that he’s in love with Hoseok? Well, he is. He’s so very much in love with him. “Let the kids have it,” Yoongi says, standing from the stool. “I need to get out of this office.”

 

Seokjin’s POV

        “You know Hoseokie hyung is running dance class tonight, right?” Jungkook says when he comes into the cafe that afternoon. It’s the start of his shift, Seokjin having decided to give him a shorter day today.

“I know.” Seokjin assures him. “But I didn’t know that before the schedule was made, so you still have to work.”

“But I can go back to get Fridays off after this?” Jungkook asks.

“I don’t see why not.” Seokjin says, wiping down a counter. “What days are you apprenticing with that Tattoo artist again?”

“It’s Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.” Jungkook says. “All late in the evening, so you don’t have to worry about it if you’re giving me morning hours still.”

“I was just going to see which days you’d like to have off. Fridays and Saturdays?” Seokjin asks. “I can give you Sundays as well so that you and Jihoon can have time to spend together.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Jungkook says. “I’d rather only have two days off just so I can get the hours, and I only have two more weekends with Jihoon hyung anyway.”

“Are you feeling okay with him leaving now?” Seokjin asks, just wondering how his friend is holding up.

Jungkook shakes his head. “Not really.” He says. “I thought that having two weeks with him would help me feel better, but…honestly, the longer he’s here the more I want him to stay.”

“It will get easier.” Seokjin says. “The fact that you’re reluctant to let him go only proves that you really care about him.”

“I wish he knew that.” Jungkook says. “He says that if I really care about him, I will let him go.”

“Sweet little Kookie. He is not wrong.” Seokjin says. “This is something he really wants to do, so you should let him go if you care about him, but that doesn’t mean that it has to be easy. The fact that you’re willing to get over a challenging situation says a lot. Jihoon knows what he’s talking about. The things that we do for the ones we love isn’t always the easiest thing to do. Like living with Namjoon, for example. I put up with it because I love him.”

“Admit it.” Jungkook says. “If Namjoon hyung wasn’t there, you would actually miss the mess.”

Seokjin laughs. “I would.” He agrees. “I definitely would.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        “Taehyung wants to tell my parents about us being married.” Jimin says to Yongguk, sitting with his boss in the break room yet again. “He wants to do it tonight before I go to dance class.”

“You don’t want to?” Yongguk presumes.

“Not really.” Jimin tells him. “I don’t want to tell them until we actually have our wedding because I don’t want to put up with my mom ing at me for being stupid.”

“She loves Taehyung.” Yongguk points out.

“Yeah, but she doesn’t love me.” Jimin says in return. It’s not true, and he knows it. His mother does love him, she just tends to be a little bit more of a toward him than Taehyung. “And she’ll look for any reason to call me out on my . I mean…really. She doesn’t like the fact that I’m with a guy at all…she really would have had a fit if I tried to marry Jungkook when we were together.”

“How did she react to you and Taehyung being engaged?” Yongguk asks.

“She ed at me for it.” Jimin replies. “She said we’re too young to get married.”

“You kind of are.” Yongguk agrees. “But I think you two know what you want. If Taehyung wants to tell her that you’re married, then let him tell her. The worst that can happen is that you upset your mother. If you don’t tell her, the worst that can happen is you upsetting your husband. Which would you rather deal with?”

“Definitely an upset mother.” Jimin decides. “Taehyung is…”

“I know.” Yongguk says.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        “So I met with Sanghyun today.” Hoseok just as the food gets brought to his and Yoongi’s table. Sanghyun is the lead of the guys that are working on the building for Hoseok’s dance studio. “They’ve already started getting the front desk area remodeled, and it’s actually looking really nice. He also told me that they’re turning one of the smaller rooms into an office for me.”

Yoongi smiles, and Hoseok knows that smile. It’s one of those things that he does when he does something nice for Hoseok but doesn’t want Hoseok to know it. Sanghyun didn’t tell Hoseok that Yoongi was the one who came up with the office idea, but Hoseok knows. He can tell it in Yoongi’s smile. Besides, someone had to pay for all of the office equipment, and Hoseok knows that it’s not just a gift from the construction team.

“Can you believe it, Hyung?” Hoseok questions, trying to see if Yoongi will budge or say anything about the office. “My own office. Granted I probably won’t spend very much time in there, but still.”

“You deserve it.” Yoongi says. “And, trust me. You may not think you’ll use the office a lot, but it’ll come in handy a lot more often than you think.”

“Trust me.” Hoseok repeats, laughing a little. “You really did spend too much time with Seokjin hyung and Namjoon while I was gone, didn’t you?”

“Oh shut the up.” Yoongi says, tossing a tiny piece of bread at Hoseok, only making the younger laugh more. “It’s not like I had a ing choice with you trying to leave me for six months.”

“It was supposed to be nine months.” Hoseok corrects him. “And look how that worked out. We’re better together.”

Hoseok smile softens when Yoongi smiles back at him. “We really are, aren’t we?” He asks. “Since we’ve discovered that, you better not ever try to leave me again.”

“I still have dance.” Hoseok points out. “And your occasional fashion studies to—”

“You know what the I mean.” Yoongi snaps.

Hoseok laughs. “Yes. Things are definitely back to normal.” He says, and he grabs Yoongi’s hand to press a kiss to his knuckles. “I missed you.”

“And I love you.” Yoongi says back.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Seokjin smiles when he enters the house. It’s quiet, and the reason is because Namjoon, Jinhee, and Latte are all sleeping on the couch together. Namjoon is leaning back on the couch with Jinhee sleeping in his arms, and Latte resting her head in Namjoon’s lap. They all look so cute and cozy together that Seokjin can’t help it. He has to get a photo. Careful not to wake Latte, he steps further into the house after removing his shoes, and he pulls his phone out. The click of the phone taking the photo is finally what gets the dog to stir, but Seokjin was able to successfully capture the moment.

When Latte jumps off the couch to greet Seokjin, it causes Namjoon to wake up, and then Jinhee. “Hyung,” Namjoon says, yawning. “You’re home late.”

“Jihoon was let out of work early, and he came to pick Jungkook up early.” Seokjin says, quietly walking around the table to join Namjoon on the couch. “They only have a little over a week left together, so I thought I’d let him go home early this one time and I’d stay to cover his shift.”

“You are too kind for your own good.” Namjoon says, kissing Seokjin’s cheek.

“Seeing them happy makes me happy.” Seokjin assures him. “I did it for selfish reasons, really.”

“I’m sure you did.” Namjoon says, kissing him again, this time on the lips.

 

Jimin’s POV

        “Have you ever given Jungkook a ?” Taehyung asks out of nowhere as he and Jimin sit down to phone Jimin’s parents.

“Twice.” Jimin decides to be honest with his husband. The question seemed to be random, but he’s sure that Taehyung has some reason for asking it. “I was drunk both times, so I don’t really remember it.”

“What about anyone else?” Taehyung asks.

Jimin shakes his head. “You and Jungkook are the only ones.” He says, hoping that this doesn’t turn into some kind of jealous thing between him and Jungkook.

Taehyung nods. “At least I’m the only to receive non-drunken s.” He says, kissing Jimin’s ear. “But I’m expecting a drunk at some point. Especially after hearing that.”

“Whatever you want, Dear.” Jimin says, and he opens his notebook computer. “Can we call my parents now?”

Taehyung nods, and Jimin selects their name from his FaceTime list. Taehyung said that he told them that they’d be calling, so he told them to make sure they were together when they answered. When the call picks up and the video becomes available, both of Jimin’s parents are seen on screen.

“Hi,” His mom cheers like she hadn’t seen them in ages. She really hadn’t. “How are my favorite boys doing?”

“Don’t ask it like that.” Jimin whines. She used to talk like that to them all the time when they were younger, but Jimin hates it now. It makes him and Taehyung sound like brothers, and that idea disgusts him. “You make it weird when you talk like that.”

“Taehyung said that you have something you want to tell us?” His mom asks.

“I don’t. Taehyung does.” Jimin says, trying to push the burden off on his husband.

“I’m not their son. You have to tell them. I’m just here for moral support.” Taehyung says.

“Did Taehyung get you pregnant?” His mom questions. “Is that what this is about? Are you trying to prank us?”

Jimin rolls his eyes. “It’s not a prank, Mother.” Jimin says.

“So you really are pregnant?” His father questions.

“No. It’s nothing like that.” He says, annoyed at his parents. He always gets annoyed at them when talking to them over the phone. In person isn’t so bad, but… “We’re married.”

Silence.

“We didn’t actually have the wedding, but…” Jimin says.

“I am so proud of you two!” His mom cheers, squeezing Jimin’s father. “That’s so cute! Are you going to have a wedding?”

Jimin is surprised to say the least.

“Um…yeah…are you going to come?” Jimin asks.

“You send the invites, and we’ll block out a time to come up there.” His father says.

They talk for a few minutes after that before Jimin tells them that he has to go to get ready for dance class.