Coffee Love #5 (YoonSeok / NamJin)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #5 - Change of Plans
Word Count: 3,230

Date in Chapter: 2016 October 28

Notes: Okay~ So here you go! More about YoonSeok. Last chapter about YoonSeok for now before moving on to a NamJin arc—hinted at in this chapter. Also, just a heads up. There will be non-main character POV in here. Also, yeah, the date in chapter is October, so Halloween is mentioned, too. Enjoy~

 

Yoongi’s POV

        “Yoongi.” Hoseok whispers for the fourth time that morning. Yes, the fourth time. Yoongi knows because he has been awake to hear him every time, but he refuses to respond. He refuses to accept that the early morning hours have come, and it’s about time for him to get up and get ready for work. “Yoongi hyung.”

“Shut the up,” Yoongi mumbles when he’s unable to keep the smile off his face when Hoseok scoots forward to kiss him. “I don’t want to go to work today.”

“Are you feeling well?” Hoseok asks, pressing the palm of his hand to Yoongi’s forehead.

That’s when Yoongi finally opens his eyes to see his husband, smiling brightly at him as he does on all mornings when he wakes up in a good enough mood to be smiling from the start. Of course, with Hoseok, that’s most mornings.

“I’m fine.” Yoongi says, swatting the younger’s hand away.

“Then you have no reason not to go to work today.” Hoseok tells him.

“I’m the boss,” Yoongi reminds him, and he rolls on top of the younger one just to lie on him. He rests his head on Hoseok’s shoulder and feels the younger one wrap his arms around Yoongi’s waist, holding him close. “I don’t need a reason to skip work.”

“But you won’t.” Hoseok says, rubbing Yoongi’s back. “You know everyone there will be lost without you.”

Yoongi sighs in defeat. He knows that Sungjong is capable of keeping everyone there in line and making sure they know what their tasks are. After all, that’s what he had to do all last week when Yoongi and Hoseok were gone for their anniversary. However, Hoseok is right for the most part. It’s much easier for things to run smoothly if Yoongi shows up like he’s supposed to.

“I hate it when you’re right.” Yoongi says.

“I know,” Hoseok says back, smiling. “But I love it.”

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Ever since Seokjin told Namjoon that the messages he was receiving were coming from Jaewook, he hasn’t really had anymore problems with Jaewook messing with him. He stopped receiving the messages, and he hasn’t seen any signs of him hanging around the cafe. Jungkook also hadn’t said anything about him coming by in the evenings, so it would seem, to any rational being, that the coast is clear.

Seokjin, however, has never been about rational behavior. With a history of severe anxiety and horrible run-ins with Jaewook, Seokjin can’t just move past this and act like nothing is happening. That’s why he’s glad to have Joonmyeon here—a person that Seokjin can talk to without having Namjoon worry about him too much.

“You know, if you want, you can start coming to my office so that we can talk about these things,” Joonmyeon says after Seokjin gives him the update on his current state of mind. He tells Joonmyeon about how Jaewook hasn’t been talking to him since, but it doesn’t help Seokjin feel at ease. Now he can only wonder why the aforementioned person isn’t talking about him, and he can’t help but feel like something is up.

“I can’t take the time off work.” Seokjin says.

“That doesn’t matter.” Joonmyeon assures him. “I have a few patients that I have to schedule later in the day due to their busy schedules. We could meet for an hour once a week, five-thirty to six-thirty. Any day of your choosing.”

Honestly, Seokjin knows that he probably needs it. He’s been handling his anxiety on his own fairly well, but that’s because nothing has come up to trigger a major attack. He needs to learn how to manage it even when there’s going on. “Okay, then would today be a good day?” He asks.

Joonmyeon nods with a smile. “Today is perfect.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “So what are you and your boyfriend being for Halloween?” Jaejoon asks as he sits next to Jungkook’s art class. Sometimes the class gets days outside to do their work, but that’s only for days in which the whether is nice. Like today.

Jungkook shrugs, not really sure of their costume choices himself. “I guess I’m going to be a prince, and he’s going to be my princess.” He tells his friend.

“He’s going to wear a dress?” Jaejoon questions, his lips quirked up in a small smile, as if imagining it brings amusement to him, and Jungkook narrows his eyes at his friend.

“Yes,” He says. “Since I apparently really like the way girl’s clothes look, he decided to be a princess. I don’t know what the costumes look like because he won’t let me see them until the day before just so he can make size adjustments to mine if he needs to.”

“Well, Minwoo hyung and I are going to be Timon and Pumba this year.” He has a hard time saying it without laughing. “I mean, he’s a designer, so the costumes are cuter than us just dressing up as a meerkat and a warthog, but the idea is just funny.”

“I think you two will be so cute!” Jungkook says, hardly looking away from his paper to offer his friend a glance. “Isn’t it nice having a boyfriend who can actually make the costumes, though?”

“Yeah, because then you don’t have to rely on crappy and uncomfortable store bought ones.” Jaejoon says.

“But my boyfriend is better.” Jungkook says, smiling.

“Oh, really? Then why is my boyfriend the one who gets the most compliments from Yoongi hyung?” Jaejoon questions.

“You know that’s not a fair comparison,” Jungkook says, flicking his friend in the forehead with the end of his pencil. “Yoongi hyung is harder on Jihoon hyung because he’s his brother. Not because Jihoon hyung isn’t good.”

“Yeah? Well, Minwoo hyung has already won several awards for his designs.” Jaejoon points out.

“And so has Jihoon hyung,” Jungkook says. “He’s been winning awards for his designs even before enrolling in design school.”

Jaejoon frowns and nudges Jungkook. “Okay, I don’t think my boyfriend can beat that.” He says. “Let’s call it a tie?”

“Sure,” Jungkook agrees, easily. “Only because you can’t admit that my boyfriend is better.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        Work at the company today has been going slow. There are still things that Jimin needs to get done before the end of next week, but he’s mostly ahead of the game—no pun intended, and so he has a hard time focusing on the task. He pulls his phone out of the drawer where he usually keeps it while he’s working so that it doesn’t serve as a distraction. Taehyung would be in class right now, Jimin knows, but he’s never really been much for following the rules anyway. Taehyung, that is.

Jimin shoots a quick text to the younger one, hoping that he’ll respond quickly: “It’s so boring today. Maybe you can send me a kiss to motivate me to finish my work.”

It doesn’t take long before Jimin’s phone lights up with Taehyung’s name on the screen, or, rather, the nickname Jimin chose to put in his phone: “My idiot.” Jimin keeps his phone on silent with the vibration feature off while he’s working because he doesn’t want to get caught texting on the clock. Yongguk isn’t exactly a harsh boss, but he doesn’t like people getting distracted by their cellphones while working.

Jimin opens the text message to see what Taehyung said: “If you’re going to break the rules to text me, you could at least send me something dirty. If you’re going to do it, do it right.”

Jimin scoots closer to his desk and rest his chin in the palm of his hand to hide his blush and smile. He takes a look around to see if any of the employees are paying attention to him, and he proceeds to message Taehyung back when he decides that his existence isn’t important to anyone else. “Send me a kiss, or I’m not even going to do anything dirty for you tonight. —__—”

The next thing Jimin gets from his boyfriend is a series of three text messages. The first one reads: “You mean you were planning on doing something tonight?” The second is a kissing face emoji, and the third message Taehyung telling Jimin that he loves him and encouraging him to finish his work.

Jimin sends a text back telling Taehyung that he loves him, too, and he tells the younger one to stop texting in class because, yeah, Taehyung was totally the one who started it.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Yoongi has been trying all week to perfect his sketches for his next collection. Once he thinks he’s satisfied, he’ll eventually decides that there’s something that doesn’t quite go with the other designs or something would fit better. So far, he’s probably gone through a total of twelve sketches, and that’s a lot for the four to five he usually does before getting to work.

He just has a lot on his mind right now, and he blames his problems with work on everything else going on in his life. He was looking forward to Jiwoo being the mother of his and Hoseok’s baby, but her stupid boyfriend is preventing that from happening. Maybe it’s not such a bad thing right now, anyway. After all, there are still two dogs that Hoseok and Yoongi have to take care of, so maybe it is better that they put a hold on having a child. Besides, Hoseok still has to do his nine months of training next year, and Yoongi knows that he wouldn’t be able to deal with the first few month of childcare on his own. He needs Hoseok with him if they are going to have a baby.

Other than that, Yoongi has been thinking about a few other things as well. The frustrating part is, none of the things he’s thinking about even matter right now. He has plenty of time to figure everything out, but he keeps worrying about it all.

“I just knew you were too busy to stop and think about lunch.”

Yoongi’s head snaps up at the sound of his husband’s voice, and Hoseok walks into the room with a bag of food, which he sets down on the table, and he waves Yoongi over. “But I actually decided to come here because I have some good news,” He says, pulling the food out and setting it on the counter. “For you anyway.”

Yoongi smiles taking the bowl of rice and plate of barbecue that Hoseok hands to him, and he sits down. He grabs some chopsticks out of the bag, and breaks them apart before saying anything. “I could really use some good news right now.” Yoongi tells him.

“My sister told me that Rome decided to give her the choice on what she wants to do,” Hoseok says. “She’s going to the doctor today to see if everything is all right for her to have a baby, and she said that she’ll make up her mind from there.”

Even though this is what Yoongi really wants, he’s not actually so sure about it anymore. After all, Jiwoo is Hoseok’s sister, so it might be a little weird for the two of them. Not only that, but Yoongi is sure that it wouldn’t hurt to take a little more time to prepare themselves for what it would mean to have a baby at home. It’s not really a good idea to make that decision when they’re not ready to take on the responsibilities of parenting.

“You know, I don’t actually mind it, anymore.” Yoongi says, but he’s glad that Rome is at least letting Jojo make her own decision.

“You say after my sister is already planning to go through with this.” Hoseok says, narrowing his eyes at the elder, but then he shrugs like he doesn’t really care either.

“It’s just…” Yoongi hesitates. He hates talking about his feelings and stuff, but he finds himself doing it with Hoseok all the time. Somehow the younger one is just really good at getting him to open up. “We just got married. I mean, I know that we’ve been married for a year now, but we just had our wedding and went on our honeymoon, and…I don’t know. We’re still young. I just…I kind of want to enjoy us for a little while before we have a family to focus our energy on.”

Hoseok smiles, and he leans across the table, bringing his face right in front of Yoongi’s. “Yeah,” He says, probably knowing that this is the decision Yoongi would end up coming to. “I mean, I don’t know about you, but I’m not bored yet.”

“Definitely not bored,” Yoongi manages to get out before Hoseok locks their lips in a deep kiss.

 

Jiwoo’s POV

        Rome walks out of the kitchen when Jiwoo enters the apartment, and his expression is somewhat unreadable. He’s leaving the big decision of what to do up to her, but she knows that he’s still not entirely onboard with the idea. The only reason he’s even considering it now is because Jungkook got pissed at him for refusing to listen to Yoongi’s reasoning. Since Rome values his younger brother’s opinion and wishes, he decided to leave the ultimate decision to Jiwoo.

“So, have you made up your mind?” He asks. Still, his expression is hard to read, but he’s definitely not impressed.

Jiwoo takes in a breath, and she tries, internally, to calm her racing heart. This isn’t something she thought she’d be sharing with Rome, not so quickly, anyway, but—“I can’t do it even if I want to.” She says, her voice shaking. She knows she shouldn’t be scared, but she is. She really is.

Rome’s expressionless face is quickly overtaken with worry, and he’s in front of Jiwoo in just a few steps across the living room. “Why? Is everything okay?” Rome asks.

Jiwoo laughs nervously. “Yeah, everything is fine,” She says, glad that Rome seems to be so concerned. Really, it shows that he’s interested in the possibility of them having children in the future. Still, it doesn’t say much for how he feels about it right now. “It’s just…I’m pregnant already.”

Rome freezing up upon hearing those words do nothing for Jiwoo’s nerves, but she quickly and easily feels more at ease when a smile spreads across his face and he grabs a hold of her hips. “Really?” He asks, looking more proud than Jiwoo had ever seen him. “But, how? I thought you were taking—”

“I accidentally skipped it,” She says. She had been thinking about it the entire time coming home from the doctor’s office, and she remembers that she skipped the pill once, and that must be why. “I never told you because, well, I didn’t know how. I’m sorry.”

Rome shakes his head, and he pulls her into a hug. “There’s nothing to be sorry for.” He says. “I’m happy. Really, really happy.”

 

Jihoon’s POV

        Jihoon’s last class on Fridays is typically a three hour course, but the professor decided to end it after only one hour, so Jihoon arrives home an hour earlier than usual. He always likes it when he gets out early on Fridays because it gives him more time to spend with Jungkook before the younger has to rush off to dance class. Jungkook, instead of questioning him why he’s home so early, is always happy to see him when he comes home. It’s nice.

“I’m glad you’re here.” Jungkook says, walking over to Jihoon with a bowl. He picks something out while saying, “I want you to try this,” just before shoving that thing into Jihoon’s mouth.

Jihoon, having no idea what Jungkook is feeding, and not really having any time to react, willingly take the food in, and he’s met with a pleasant surprise. It’s some sort of desert, Jihoon knows because it’s chocolatey and sweet. Made with powdered sugar, which Jihoon almost chokes on in his surprise, but it’s really good despite the choking hazard.

“That’s really good,” Jihoon says.

“It tastes like , right?” Jungkook asks, shoving another one in Jihoon’s mouth before he even has time to swallow the first one, and Jihoon chokes again. This time taken aback by Jungkook’s words.

“What did you put in it?” Jihoon asks, cautious and curious now.

“Well, some girl in my ceramics class brought these today,” Jungkook says. “She made them with sunflower seeds, which was a little weird. I asked her for the recipe, and I made it without adding the sunflower seeds.”

“Yeah, well, it’s really good.” Jihoon says, and he kisses Jungkook, leaving some powdered sugar residue on his boyfriend’s lips. “Have you talked to your brother today?”

“No. Why?” Jungkook asks, dropping down on the couch.

“I can’t tell you,” Jihoon says. He knows it really annoys Jungkook when he, or anyone else, does something like that, but he really can’t tell him. “You should hear it from him.”

“What?” Jungkook asks, worried.

“It’s nothing bad.” Jihoon assures him. “Just text him or something, and I’m sure he’ll tell you.”

“Did he tell you whatever it is?” Jungkook asks.

“No,” Jihoon says. “Hoseokie hyung told me.”

And that’s all it takes to get Jungkook to reach for his phone to text his brother.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        Seokjin didn’t say anything about staying late at the cafe today, and he didn’t even call or text Namjoon to let him know that he’d be getting home late. That’s why Namjoon is super worried until Seokjin walks through the door at almost seven o’clock in the evening.

Seokjin working until seven is nothing new, so Namjoon doesn’t really give it too much, though, but it’s odd that he didn’t say anything. “Things busy at the cafe?” Namjoon asks.

“No,” Seokjin says. “I was hanging out with a friend.”

“What friend?” Namjoon asks. He knows that it’s not Hoseok because he just spoke to Yoongi and Hoseok earlier, and Namjoon doesn’t know any other friend that Seokjin would just go to hand out with randomly.

“You don’t know him,” Seokjin says slowly. “He comes by the cafe everyday.”

Namjoon wonders why he’s never heard about this friend. Usually Seokjin tells him about everything, but he’s been kind of…not as honest with Namjoon these days. No. Namjoon doesn’t want to put it like that. He hasn’t been as open with Namjoon these days. “When did this start happening?” Namjoon asks.

“For a while,” Seokjin says with a shrug, pulling Namjoon to sit on the couch with him. “I didn’t tell you because I thought you’d get jealous.”

“I really am now that I know you’ve been talking to someone this whole time without telling me.” Namjoon says. “Just…promise me you’ll tell me if you’re going to be late getting home.”

“I did.” Seokjin says, and he pulls out his phone to show Namjoon that he sent a message. “Or…I meant to…” He says when he notices the red exclamation mark by the message indicated that it didn’t get sent. “I’m sorry.”

Seokjin’s efforts to send Namjoon a text message, whether it made it through or not, is actually enough to bring Namjoon’s mind to ease. “It’s okay, Hyung.” Namjoon says, kissing Seokjin’s forehead. “Thank you for trying.”