Coffee Love #45 (JungHoon)

Coffee Love 4

 

Coffee Love #45 – Missing You
Word Count: 3,059

Date in Chapter: 2017 July 15

Note: Takes place about a week after Coffee Love #44. Cute friendship, family, and romantic moments~ Enjoy!!!

 

Jungkook’s POV

    “When you’re off doing things with your friends, what is Jimin hyung doing?” Jungkook asks Taehyung as he accepts the ice cream that the elder had just bought for him.

When Jungkook heard that Yoongi and Seokjin were having one of their very rare ‘bonding days’—he had heard because he actually wanted to spend time with Yoongi, but Yoongi refused because they had these plans—Jungkook thought that it would be a good idea to try to become close with Taehyung. For Jihoon, since Taehyung is his best friend.

Jungkook and Taehyung were somewhat close at one point. It was before Jimin and Jungkook started dating. Jungkook never would have considered Taehyung to be one of his best friends, and he only hung out with him if it meant spending time with Jimin as well, but they were close. When Jungkook and Jimin started dating, Jungkook found it harder to be around the two of them together because he always felt jealous. He knew that Jimin would never love him as much, or even in the same way as he loved Taehyung.

It’s different with Jihoon. Jungkook doesn’t feel like he’s put after Taehyung. He doesn’t get the feeling that Jihoon enjoys Taehyung’s company more than Jungkook’s. He doesn’t even think Jihoon and Taehyung would have ended up together under different circumstances—say Jimin and Jungkook were still together and Taehyung happened to be the single one. Taehyung and Jihoon are friends, and they complement each other really well as friends.

“Are you trying to imply that Jimin doesn’t have any friend of his own?” Taehyung asks as he and Jungkook find a place to sit at the many seats outside of the parlor.

“I mean, he doesn’t, does he?” Jungkook asks. As far as Jungkook knew, Taehyung was really Jimin’s only friend when they were together, so he wonder how it is for Jimin now.

“He does.” Taehyung assures the younger. “He’s actually really close with Namjoon and Seokjin hyung since he lived with them for a while, you know. Besides, he has friends from work.”

“So he’s with his work friends right now?” Jungkook asks.

Taehyung shakes his head. “He’s getting over the flu right now,” He says. “I told him that I would ask if he could come as well, but he said he’d rather stay home and rest.”

“He needs to.” Jungkook says, recalling how bad it was when Jimin got sick when they were together. He doesn’t blame Taehyung for worrying about him. “By the way, have you heard from Jihoon hyung recently?” Jungkook asks. He hadn’t heard from Jihoon in nearly a week now. He knows that Jihoon would start getting more work as the days went on, but it would be nice to get a call from him every now and again. Jungkook had tried calling yesterday, but it was late at night in France, so Jihoon was probably sleeping.

Taehyung nods. “Yeah, I just talked to him yesterday.” He tells Jungkook.

“You called him?” He asks.

This time, Taehyung shakes his head. “He called me.” He says. “He said that he wanted to call you, but he knew that you’d be tired after dance class, so he didn’t want to bother you.”

“A call from Jihoon hyung never bothers me.” Jungkook says, frowning. “It’s actually more upsetting to not hear from him.”

Taehyung throws an arm around Jungkook’s shoulder. Jungkook is sure that it’s supposed to be comforting, but it’s just more obnoxious to him than anything. He grabs Taehyung’s wrist and moves his arm away. “He said that he would call you today.” Taehyung assures him. “When I talk to him, he’s mostly asking if I’ve talked to you recently anyway.”

To that, Jungkook smiles. He likes hearing that Jihoon talks about him even when talking to other people. He’s always on Jungkook’s mind, so it’s nice to know that he’s on Jihoon’s mind as well.

“I didn’t ask to hang out with you just to talk about Jihoon hyung,” Jungkook says. “We’re supposed to bonding, so…is there anything you want to do?”

“We can go play table tennis.” Taehyung suggests.

Jungkook was imagining something more like them just sitting and talking together, but he likes the sound of table tennis much better, so that’s exactly what they go to do.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Yoongi and Seokjin decided that they should do something a little different today. Instead of going to the cafe for coffees or to the movies, they decided to go to the gym for yoga. Seokjin tried to talk Yoongi into signing up for yoga classes with him, but Yoongi refused, saying he wouldn’t have the commitment to come back every week. Seokjin eventually convinced him to at least come to the gym to practice some yoga with him, and Yoongi couldn’t refuse. It was a little different from their normal routine, so he was interested.

“You’re not worried that Hoseok will get jealous?”

Yoongi doesn’t even have to ask. He knows that Seokjin is talking about Yoongi practicing yoga with him when he won’t learn any dances for Hoseok. He’d be lying to say that he’s not worried about Hoseok getting jealous, but he doesn’t really care. Hoseok doesn’t get jealous very often, and it’s nice an opportunity like this arrises.

He shrugs. “I think it’s okay to make him jealous every now and then.” Yoongi assures the elder. “As long as it doesn’t get to the point of breaking his trust.”

The two roll out their yoga mats. Yoongi doesn’t actually own one, but Seokjin let him borrow one of the few he owns. “You know, you really should get into his hobbies more,” Seokjin says as he lies on the mat to start the breathing exercises.

Breathing exercises are what they are supposed to be doing, but they end up just talking the whole time instead. “I’m into his hobbies.” Yoongi says. “I go to all of his showcases that I’m able to, and I watch whatever movies he wants to see.”

“One thing he always tells me when we’re together is how much he wants you to be more involved in the things he’s interested in.” Seokjin says. “Going to his shows and actually being involved and interested in the work that gets put into them are two different things. Believe it or not, he gets stressed out about his work, too, and it’d be nice if you asked him about it once in a while.”

To that, Yoongi doesn’t respond. Seokjin is right. He should be more interested and involved in Hoseok’s work. After all, Hoseok always supports him in everything he does. The thing that upsets Yoongi, however, is that he’s hearing all of this from Seokjin. Hoseok could have confronted him and told Yoongi himself, but he went to Seokjin about his complaints.

“Anyway, Jinhee knows two words now.” Seokjin says, completely changing the subject.

Yoongi always liked Namjoon and Seokjin together because they complement each other really well, but they’re even cuter as parents.

“What other word did he learn?” Yoongi asks, actually interested. He loves hearing his friends talk about the pride and joy of their lives that is their son.

“Appa and Latte.” Seokjin says. “So he’s learning the names of his family members.”

Yoongi smiles. “I think that really shows what will be important to him in the future.” He says.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        While Yoongi and Seokjin go off doing whatever is they’re doing, Namjoon and Hoseok are stuck watching Jinhee for the afternoon. Wanting to go out, but not wanting to leave Latte behind, Namjoon suggested that they went to a dog park to hang out. The first half of their visit was them taking turns keeping an eye on Jinhee while the other played with Latte, but then someone Namjoon is familiar with offered to play with Latte so that they could focus on Jinhee.

“She’s quite popular at the dog park,” Namjoon says, sitting on the bench on the opposite side of Jinhee from where Hoseok is sitting. “Everyone wants to play with her when they see her.”

Hoseok smiles, watching Latte get lots of attention from the visitors, and then he looks at Jinhee. “If you took this one to a baby park, I’m sure he’d be just as popular.” He says, grabbing Jinhee’s little hand.

“He’s definitely popular at daycare.” Namjoon says. “The daycare teachers love him since he’s so well behaved.”

“He’ll eventually go through his hyper toddler years, though.” Hoseok says, imagining how funny it would be to see Seokjin trying to deal with a hyperactive four year old.

“I’m enjoying this cute baby stage while I can. He’ll be grown up before we even know it.” Namjoon says, and he turns more toward Hoseok. “What about you and Yoongi? He hasn’t said much to me about you guys having children. Have you guys talked about it anymore?”

Hoseok nods. “Yeah, Hyung still wants to have kids. Definitely.” He says. “But he’s still quite set on my sister being the mom, and she just had a baby, so we have to wait before we try bringing it up to them again.”

“I think that’s cute.” Namjoon says. “Speaking of which, have you been able to see your niece since she was brought home?”

Again, Hoseok nods. “I’m actually the one who brought my sister home since Rome hyung was working.” He says.

Namjoon acknowledges Hoseok’s comment before going on about Jinhee for a while. He talks about how well he’s developing, how well he’s eating, and how quickly he’s growing. He’s obviously one of those overly proud parents, but it’s cute to see.

“What do you think Yoongi hyung and Seokjin hyung are doing?” Namjoon asks, probably when he gets the feeling that he’s been talking about Jinhee too much.

Hoseok shrugs. “Grabbing lunch, probably.” He says. “Which I wouldn’t mind doing right about now.”

“Subway?” Namjoon suggest, and Hoseok nods.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        It’s not too late when Jungkook finally gets the call from Jihoon that he had been expecting ever since Taehyung told him that Jihoon was going to call. Jungkook had been expecting a call after dinner, but he was pleasantly surprised with his computer chiming FaceTime just after getting back from his day with Taehyung. Excited, Jungkook skips over to the computer, and he hits the accept button.

FaceTime calls with Jihoon are special because they don’t happen all the time. Usually it’s just voice, but Jungkook knows that he likes to video chat when he looks nice. He knows that Jihoon likes Jungkook to see him when he looks presentable, but Jungkook doesn’t care how he looks. He’d like to see Jihoon’s face every time they talk.

“I’m sorry I haven’t called you in a while.” Jihoon says as soon as the cameras turn on. “I’ve been really busy lately.”

Yet you have time to call Taehyung. Jungkook stops himself from saying that. He’s not wanting to start an argument with Jihoon right now. They don’t fight often, so the last thing they need is to fight over something like Jihoon calling to talk to his friend. It’s okay for him to have friends.

“I tried calling you yesterday,” Jungkook tells him. “But you didn’t answer.”

“Yeah, it was two o’clock in the morning, and I was asleep.” Jihoon says with a laugh. “I didn’t see your call until I woke up this morning.”

“See? I can’t figure out the time difference which is why I leave it up to you to call me.” Jungkook says with a pout.

“Don’t pout, Tol. You’re too cute.” Jihoon says.

“Anyway, how have you been?” Jungkook asks. It’s been a while since they talked last, and Jungkook is pretty sure that he talked about himself the whole time they talked the last time. He wants to hear how Jihoon is doing.

“Things have been going well for me.” Jihoon tells him. “Jia noona decided to place me in men’s business apparel. I don’t really like it because it’s kind of boring, honestly. There’s not a lot of options when designing clothes, but I guess it’s good for me to get the experience. I hope that I’ll get to change at the end of the season. And I was introduced to many Korean restaurants from my friend, so I eat there often. I feel less homesick if I can have Korean food.”

“Your friend?” Jungkook asks. “From work?”

“No.” Jihoon says. “I met him when I visited a Korean store, and we became friends.”

While going to school and working here, Jihoon dedicated most of his time to studies and work. He dedicated so much time to them, in fact, that it prevented him from making friends here. He seems like he’s enjoying himself more in France. Like he has more free time and spends it actually socializing with people. Jihoon isn’t a very social person to begin with, so Jungkook feels like he’s kind of changing.

“When did you become so friendly with other people?” Jungkook asks. He doesn’t mean for that to sound as audacious as it does. He means it to sound more light hearted and like a joke, but he failed in keeping his emotions from shining through.

“I’m not becoming friendly with other people.” Jihoon tells him. “I just happened to find a Korean guy who would talk to me, and it’s nice to have someone I can relate to.”

“So you’re just friends with him because he’s Korean?” Jungkook asks. He doesn’t know why the thought of this guy, whom he’s never met before, bothers him so much.

“Why? Are you jealous?” Jihoon asks. He doesn’t sound like he’s irritated, and he doesn’t even sound like he’s teasing Jungkook. He just sounds curious.

“More like worried.” Jungkook says.

“I’m not going to—”

“I’m worried that you might actually start liking people, and I’ll have to share your company with everyone.” Jungkook cuts Jihoon off to assure the elder that he’s not worried that Jihoon is going to cheat on him with this Korean guy. He never even said anything about whether this guy was gay or not.

Jihoon laughs. “I still hate people.” He assures the younger. “It’s too exhausting to make friends. This guy talked to me first, and it’s the same thing with Taetae hyung.”

“And with me?” Jungkook asks.

“It’s different with you.” Jihoon tells him. “I actually put forward a lot of effort to become close with you.”

“So, tell me about your friend.” Jungkook says. He’s not really sure if knowing more about him will help him feel better about him being Jihoon’s closest friend in France or not, but it’s a chance he has to take.

Jihoon talks about how his friend is really annoying. Not annoying in a way that he’s weird, loud, and obnoxious like Taehyung, but in a way that he acts like he’s a lot closer to Jihoon than he really is. Jihoon tells Jungkook that, although he’s a native to Korean, his skill in the language is faltering and he sounds like a foreigner most of the time. He also admits that, if he and this friend met in Korea, they probably wouldn’t be friends.

The tone in Jihoon’s voice as he talks about this person makes it clear to Jungkook that he’s only tolerating him because he likes having someone he can talk to in Korean—or just talk to in general since his skills in French aren’t that strong quite yet.

“Well, I have to make myself some breakfast, so I’ll let you go—”

“Wait.” Jungkook cuts Jihoon off. There’s something he has to tell him. “There’s something…I wanted to tell you.”

Jihoon doesn’t say anything in response, but he doesn’t end the call either.

“Just promise me that you won’t hate me.” Jungkook says.

It’s something he’s a little afraid to admit because he’s worried that being too honest with Jihoon might be a bad thing, but he hasn’t really ruined anything by being honest with him so far.

“Jeon, I could never hate you.” Jihoon tells him. “But I can’t promise that I won’t get mad.”

“You know…you’ve been gone for a while now.” Jungkook starts. There’s no easy way to say this, and he knows that Jihoon is going to be anxious to hear what he has to say now. “And I knew that it was going to be hard for me to deal with that.”

“Just tell me.” Jihoon says, almost emotionless.

“I would never do anything, but…” Jungkook takes a breath. “I miss hugging you and kissing you and such, and…I think that it’s causing me to…I don’t know, cheat on you in my mind? Like, I keep having thoughts of kissing Yoongi hyung and such, and—”

Jungkook is cut off by Jihoon’s laughter.

“It’s not funny, Hyung!” Jungkook demands. “I’m being completely serious.”

It takes a moment for Jihoon to collect himself, and he gets his laughter under control. “I know.” He says. “Normally, I would get upset to you confessing that you imagine yourself with other people, but I think you kind of just admitted to something really adorable.”

“What?” Jungkook asks, genuinely confused.

“You’re telling me that, in the entire year and a half that we’ve been together, you have never imagined yourself with anyone else?” Jihoon questions.

“I never have.” Jungkook affirms. “Why would I picture myself with other people when I have you?”

“You’re so cute.” Jihoon chimes, smiling. “It’s actually pretty normal for guys to fantasize about other people, so…I don’t know. I find it cute that you haven’t.”

“Have you?” Jungkook asks, not really sure if he wants to hear the answer. “I mean…I can’t get mad. You know, since I just admitted that I have.”

Jihoon shakes his head. “I only picture myself with people I like a whole lot,” He says. “It’s nice to know that you’re the same way. Just don’t kiss my brother, okay?”

Yeah? Well, Jungkook think it’s nice to know that Jihoon won’t get mad at him for something as simple as thinking about other people. He must have mentioned about a thousand times by now that he loves Jihoon, but he only realizes that he means it more and more every day.