Coffee Love #18 (NamJin/Yoonseok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #18 - Controlling
Word Count: 2,488

Date in Chapter: 2017 January 4

Note: Happens a couple of days after Coffee Love #17.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        After spending the first few days in the hospital, Namjoon and Seokjin were finally able to bring Jinhee home. After the first few months of Hyuna’s pregnancy, they started getting the house ready for the baby. Most recently, they had a baby shower, and Seokjin’s family even gave them some things when they went home for Christmas. Thanks to all of that, the house is prepared for a baby when Seokjin walks through the door, holding Jinhee in his arms.

“Let me hold him.” Yoongi says, he and Hoseok having been waiting there after setting up a not-so-secret surprise party. He walks up to Seokjin and take the baby from him.

Hoseok’s fond smile and Yoongi’s general excitement tell Namjoon that it might not be long before they’re ready to have a baby themselves. “You know, he wouldn’t touch Kijung when he was first born.” Hoseok says, leaning against the wall as he smiles at his husband. “He’s come a long way.”

Namjoon had always found Hoseok’s general adoration toward Yoongi to be really cute, and he’s really happy to see them where they are right now. “It all started with you.” Namjoon assures the other, patting Hoseok on the back.

“He looks like you.” Yoongi says as he turns his attention to Namjoon, poking Jinhee’s little nose with his finger. “I mean it’s mostly his nose, but it makes him look a lot like you.”

“But he’s just a baby,” Hoseok says, looking over Yoongi’s shoulder at the little one in his husband’s hands. “He could look more or less like Namjoon when he gets older.”

“He’s just so cute.” Yoongi hums, lightly squeezing Jinhee.

When he does it, Jinhee starts crying. Namjoon is sure that Yoongi hugging him has nothing to do with Jinhee crying. It just so happened to happen around the same time. Still, Yoongi seems to feel at fault, and he quickly hands the baby to Seokjin when he goes to take him.

It’s about that time that Latte comes up to join them, probably curious about what is making all that noise. Babies crying isn’t exactly a common thing heard around the house. At least, it wasn’t up until now.

Namjoon takes Jinhee from Seokjin’s arms, the baby being passed from one person to the next, and he kneels down to let Latte introduce herself. “This is your little brother,” Namjoon says, and Latte only gets close enough to sniff him. At her presence, Jinhee stops crying, and Latte sits down in front of Namjoon, resting her large head on Namjoon’s lap, looking at the baby.

“So, which one of you are going to take the time off to take care of him?” Yoongi asks, joining Namjoon on the floor. “Seokjin?” He assumes.

“Why do you think it would be me?” Seokjin asks, narrowing his eyes at Namjoon’s friend.

Yoongi shrugs. “You’ve just always been so controlling, I assumed that you’d want to be the one to spend most of the time with him.”

There they go again. The two had been getting along so well for the past couple of month, but then Yoongi had to go and say something like that.

“Hah. You’re the one who’s insisting that Hoseok goes through with the residential training he’s been preparing for, but you haven’t even thought to ask if he still wants to do it.” Seokjin says back. “And I’m the controlling one.”

Namjoon is sure that the suddenly tense environment isn’t good for the less-than-one-week old baby, so he stands to take Jinhee to his crib.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        After working in the cafe for so long, there are certain rings of the bells on the door that Jungkook has just come to know. For example, when Jihoon comes in, he always pushes the door open so hard that it hits the wall—the bells are always the loudest for him. Taehyung sometimes gets distracted by the bells, and he’ll play with them, making them jingle several times before sitting at the counter. For the most part, each customer just opens the door like normal, so Jungkook can’t always tell who it is just by the sound of the bells.

This time, however, it’s a specific chime, but not one that Jungkook recognizes well. The bells ring loudly as the door flies open, but they come to a sudden stop as if the customer had stopped them before they hit the wall—it most certainly isn’t Jihoon, who has no regards for the poor bells. Looking above the counter, as he pulls out a spray bottle of cleaning solution, Jungkook sees his older brother standing at the register. A pleasant surprise, since Rome almost never comes in while Jungkook is working—or at all, really.

“Hyung,” Jungkook says, smiling at his brother. Honestly, he had been hoping for Jihoon, but Rome is a really close second—an even closer second seeing as how Jungkook doesn’t see Jiwoo with him this time. It’s not that Jungkook dislikes Jiwoo or anything—he’s positive that it’s impossible to hate that girl. It’s just that he likes being with just his brother sometimes. No Jiwoo and no Jihoon. Just Rome. “What are you doing here? I thought you had work today.”

“It’s my break.” Rome says, and he moves to the stools instead standing at the register.

“And you came here instead of going out somewhere with Jiwoo?” Jungkook questions, spraying down the area of he counter he was going to wipe.

“Unlike you and Jihoon, Jiwoo and I don’t have to be together every moment we’re free.” Rome tells him.

Jungkook rolls his eyes, quickly wiping down the counter. “The only reason Jihoon hyung and I are always together is because no one is ever free when we’re free.” Jungkook says quite matter-of-factly. “Besides…we don’t actually get a lot of time together when classes are in session.”

“I know.” Rome says in return, and he grabs one of the small coffee menus from the counter rather than looking at the larger one on the wall behind Jungkook. “Have you and Jihoon decided on a date for your wedding yet?”

“Do we have to?” Jungkook asks. Ever since he had proposed to Jihoon, there hasn’t been much talk about a wedding or anything like that. Neither of them are in a hurry to get married, at least to Jungkook’s knowledge. Jungkook didn’t propose to be in a rush to plan everything out. He proposed so that he and Jihoon could live comfortably knowing that they intend to marry each other one day—even if that day isn’t soon. “We’re not really in a hurry to make it happen.”

“No, that’s good.” Rome says, not taking his eyes away from the menu. “I was just asking because Jiwoo and I have decided on a date.”

“Oh, really?” Jungkook asks, leaning over the counter. He knew that his brother would be getting married before him, even if they got engaged last.

“Since we have a baby on the way, it’s going to be a small ceremony.” Rome tells him. “I’d just like for you and Jihoon to be there, and Jiwoo wants Hoseok and Yoongi there. Maybe some more people, but I’m not sure yet.”

“When will it be?” Jungkook asks, still having a hard time getting used to the fact that he’s going to be having a little niece or a nephew soon.

“We’re expecting the baby in July, and we want to get married before that.” Rome informs him. “So we decided to have the wedding on May 20 so we still have plenty of time to work out all the details, and it’s not too close to the due date.”

“I’m so excited.” Jungkook says, but he doesn’t specify that he means for everything. He’s excited to see his brother get married after all of these years, and he’s excited for the new, little addition to the family.

After that, their conversation goes on to other things as Jungkook fixes Rome his coffee and makes him a sandwich for his lunch. Rome asks Jungkook what his plans are after Jihoon graduates, and he asks if Jungkook will be looking for an internship or apprenticeship in his final year of university. He talks about how things are going at the hospital, or at least as much as he can say—what with all the confidentiality that doctors are supposed to uphold. Of course Jungkook knows that there are those who don’t completely follow that rule, but Rome is not one of them. If he’s not supposed to share something, he won’t share it.

 

Jimin’s POV

        “Where have you been?” Is the first thing that leaves Taehyung’s mouth as Jimin returns home later that evening.

When he returned to work after his trip in England, Yongguk had offered to give him a raise if he took on some evening classes to add more credits onto his degree. So, after work today, Jimin went to meet with his academic advisor to see about registering for some evening classes that he could take on while working during the day.

“I was talking to my advisor.” Jimin says, not really thinking much about it. Since it’s an offer that he sort of just got a couple of days ago, it’s not really something he had thought to tell Taehyung about yet.

“Because?” Taehyung questions, holding Pixie in his lap and her head.

“Because Yongguk hyung offered to give me a raise if I took some evening classes.” Jimin tells him. “I would have told you sooner, but it was a last minute thing. I didn’t even know.”

Taehyung sighs, and he sets the dog in the floor. He stand from the couch and walks over to Jimin. “If that’s the case, then it’s okay.” Taehyung says, kissing Jimin’s cheeks. “You’re too cute for me to be mad at for no reason.”

“I wish you always thought like that.” Jimin says, looking into Taehyung’s eyes, trying to see if he could find any signs of the younger being drunk. He doesn’t see any though. Taehyung seems completely normal. By now, Jimin should know that somewhat strange for the average person is pretty normal for Taehyung, but even he gets thrown off every now and then.

“So you’re starting evening classes?” Taehyung asks.

“Next week.” Jimin tells him.

Taehyung smiles, and he grabs Jimin around the waist, and he pulls his body against his own. He reaches for the remote to the stereo player and turns on some music. Slow music. “Then we should celebrate.” Taehyung says, nuzzling his face into the crook of Jimin’s neck.

Jimin laughs and tries to squirm away, but he’s unsuccessful. “What are you doing?” He questions, thinking there is no way that Taehyung isn’t drunk right now, but he doesn’t even smell like alcohol. With how close he is to Jimin, Jimin would definitely be able to smell it.

“I’m being romantic,” Taehyung says, and he makes movements in what Jimin can only assume is his cute attempt at a slow dance. He’s not very good, but Jimin finds him ridiculously charming anyway. “Because you deserve it.”

He presses a kiss to Jimin’s neck.

“And I think you deserve some lessons in slow dancing.” Jimin says.

“Will you teach me?” Taehyung asks, whispering the words right into Jimin’s neck, sending a shiver down Jimin’s spine.

“It’s the only way you’ll get lessons for free.” Jimin tells him, nuzzling his face into Taehyung’s shoulder. “I’m the only one who loves you enough to teach you without charge.”

He feels Taehyung’s lips curl up into a smile against his skin. “I would ask for that kind of love from anyone else.” Taehyung says, and Jimin is positive that he has the biggest block of a cheese for a boyfriend.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        After going to Namjoon and Seokjin’s house today, Yoongi hadn’t been able to stop thinking about what Seokjin had said earlier. It had been bugging him since Seokjin said it, and he couldn’t stop thinking about it even after taking a shower and getting into bed. It’s not until Hoseok joins him that he finally says something.

“Do you not want to go through with the residential training?” Yoongi asks.

Hoseok shrugs, lying down with Yoongi and resting his head on the elder’s chest. “I don’t know,” Hoseok says. “The closer it gets, the more I think about how long it is. I don’t think you could take care of yourself for nine months.”

“I took care of myself just fine before meeting you,” Yoongi assures him. “I can take care of myself for a few measly months.”

Hoseok frowns, which isn’t exactly the response that Yoongi was expecting from him. “I don’t want to hear that,” He says, frowning more. “I want you to say that you’ll miss me. That you don’t want me to go because you don’t know what you’ll do without me.”

Then Yoongi realizes what the problem is. He had only ever been talking about how Hoseok should be doing this because it’ll be good for him. It’l help him find out if he really wants to try to become a physical therapist or not. He keeps encouraging Hoseok to go on this training program without really letting Hoseok know how much he is going to miss him when he’s gone. To Hoseok, that could almost sound like Yoongi is trying to get rid of him.

“Hoseok,” Yoongi says, running his fingers through his husband’s hair. “Hoseok, you know I am going to miss you, and I will definitely need you while you are gone. I shouldn’t have to say that.”

Hoseok lifts his head, and he looks at Yoongi. “I know,” He says, lying on his back. He keeps his head turned so that he’s facing Yoongi the whole time. “But it’s nice to hear those things sometimes, you know?”

“I know.” Yoongi assures him, and he brings his head forward just enough to join their lips in a sweet kiss. “I guess I just think…if I let you know how much I’m going to miss you before you’re even gone, it’ll only make you not want to leave. I didn’t really think about how not saying anything can make you feel the same way.”

“It’s still a few months away,” Hoseok says, now looking up at the ceiling. “But I’m already looking forward to your phone calls, asking how much time I have left and begging for me to come home.”

Yoongi smiles. “That would probably every day that you are gone.” Yoongi tells him, and he wraps his arms around Hoseok’s waist to snuggle in closer. “But for now, let me enjoy you as much as I can.” He says with a yawn, nuzzling into Hoseok to get into a comfortable enough position to fall asleep in.