Coffee Love #28 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #28 - Homecoming
Word Count: 2,676

Date in Chapter: 2017 March 9

Note: Yoongi's birthday chapter. This is is not the end of the Yoonseok ark. There’s still a lot that’s going to happen, but this is just the resolve from the accident.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Yoongi had spent the past couple of days trying to talk to Hoseok. He eventually ran out of things to talk about because Hoseok couldn’t respond in his unconscious state, so Yoongi started buying books from Seokjin’s bookstore, and he’s been reading them to Hoseok to pass the time. He doesn’t know if Hoseok can even hear him, but he decided to keep reading and talking to the younger just in case. If he could hear Yoongi, Yoongi wanted Hoseok to hear him. He wanted Hoseok to know that he was there.

It wasn’t until sometime around midday yesterday that Hoseok finally began to stir. He was taken off of the ventilator, and the doctors informed Yoongi that they were going observe him and run a few more tests just to be sure that he was ready to come home. They asked that Yoongi allowed for twenty-four hours before bringing Hoseok home. Of course, Yoongi wants to make sure that Hoseok is in his best possible condition so that he doesn’t wind up here again, so he agreed to waiting.

For the first time this week, Yoongi actually showed up at the office, and he’s actually in a good mood when he goes in this morning. He’s not going to stay all day, of course, Hoseok is being released from the hospital around two, so Yoongi will be leaving then.

When he first walks into the office, he’s greeted by the smiling face of his secretary. “First of all, Happy Birthday.” Sungjong says, happy and . He grabs a wrapped gift from his desk, and he hands it over to Yoongi. “I was going to drop it off after work if you didn’t show up.”

Sungjong has been working for Yoongi ever since Yoongi started this company, and, in all of his years of being Yoongi’s secretary, he had never gotten Yoongi a birthday present. Yoongi is polite enough to thank him before opening it up, and he opens it right there because he knows how much people like to watch the receiver of their gift actually open the gift—seeing their reaction is the best part.

“You didn’t have to.” Yoongi says as he starts to get the wrapping paper removed from the gift.

“I didn’t.” Sungjong tells him, and Yoongi raises an eyebrow in question. “It’s from Taehyung and Jihoon. I just put it together.”

When Yoongi finally has the gift fully uncovered, he sees that it’s a picture frame that’s divided into two sections. The top part is the larger part, and it’s large enough for a photo to fit in it. Lucky for Yoongi, it already has a photo in it—a picture of him, Taehyung, and Jihoon. It’s from the time that they all went hiking on that cold day, and it was taken on Jungkook’s camera. The one that Jimin had given him for his birthday when they were together. The section below it is much smaller, and it’s longer than it is tall. In that portion, there’s a tiny little certificate that reads: “Certificate of achievement. This certifies that Jung Yoongi has been selected to receive the best boss award.” Dated for today, and signed by Sungjong.

Yoongi studies the picture for a moment, and he admires the cute little certificate at the bottom of the frame. Coming from Jihoon and Taehyung, and partly Sungjong, this is the best kind of gift, and exactly the sort of pick-me-up Yoongi was needing. “They’re sweet.” Yoongi says, putting the frame under his arm. He’s going to set this up on his desk in the office—the only photo that’s special enough to earn a place there other than the one of Yoongi and Hoseok on a carriage during the first winter that they spent together as a couple.

“Second thing,” Sungjong says before Yoongi can walk away. “How is Hoseok doing?”

“He’s fine,” Yoongi says, smiling. Of course Hoseok being in the hospital is not really a good thing in anyway, but his coming home is the best present Yoongi could ask for. “He woke up yesterday, and I’m going to be leaving here by one o’clock to bring him home.”

“Oh?” Sungjong says, his tone happy. Yoongi remembers when Hoseok first started hanging around Yoongi, Sungjong couldn’t stand him. Now he loves Hoseok, and that’s what Yoongi likes to see. He couldn’t have his secretary hating his husband. “Then it looks like it really is a happy birthday for you.”

“It really is.” Yoongi concurs. “I hope Jihoon is here because I’m going to have to give him a hard time about this gift. I’m in a good mood today, so I need to have a little fun.”

“You better be careful.” Sungjong warns as Yoongi walks away. “He might take it back.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        “Kim Jimin.” Jimin whispers, scribbling the name on a piece of paper as he sits at his desk, too occupied with his own thoughts to be focused on his work. It doesn’t sound right to call himself, nor does it look right on the paper, so Jimin crosses that out. “Park Taehyung.” Jimin tries again, replacing Taehyung’s family name with his own. He sighs, shaking his head as he crosses that out, too. “Park Taehyung. Park Taehyung.” Jimin repeats the name over again, trying to convince himself that it sounds right. But…it just doesn’t.

“Kim Taehyung.” Jimin says, smiling because it’s the only way Taehyung’s name sounds right to him. He’s only been Kim Taehyung since Jimin has known him, so it just doesn’t sound right to call him something else.

“Yes?”

Jimin jumps at the sound of Taehyung’s voice coming from behind him, and he quickly covers the paper he had been scribbling on. He was not expecting that.

Taehyung smiles wide at Jimin, that way he does when he keeps his mouth closed and his smile lines are really defined on his cheeks, and Jimin wonders how long Taehyung had been standing there. “Couldn’t stop thinking about me?” Taehyung asks, stepping inside Jimin’s cubical.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin demands, glaring at the younger one. Taehyung often surprises Jimin by dropping by to see him while he’s at work, and he sometimes does it when Jimin isn’t on break. Jimin is sure that Taehyung is going to get him in trouble one day, but he knows that it would upset if Taehyung randomly decided to stop coming by.

“I’m done with my class for the day. It’s lunch time, and I don’t have to be at Suga Styles for another two hours.” Taehyung says. “So I came to steal you away, Park Jimin, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

And there’s his name. Park Jimin. Coming off of Taehyung’s lips, it just sounds so right. It would be weird to hear Taehyung call him Kim.

Jimin looks back at his computer to check the time, and, sure enough, it’s already noon. Well, not exactly noon, but almost noon. Close enough.

“Let me guess, Burger King?” Jimin assumes. He turns around to put his notebook away, and he locks his computer up.

“I was thinking we could go get some barbecue, but if you’d rather have Burger King—”

“Barbecue is fine.” Jimin says quickly, not wanting to pass up the chance to go somewhere other than Burger King with Taehyung. “Let’s do that.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Thursdays are probably the most boring days of the week for Jungkook. He only has two classes, both early in the morning, so he always done before noon. After that, there’s still typically five hours left before Jihoon is done with work and classes, so Jungkook gets five hours to himself. He always spend one to two of those hours at the gym, and he usually spends the rest at home. Sometimes he’ll go to the cafe and hang out with Seokjin, other times he thinks of something else to do with that time, but he mostly just stays home.

It’s around two o’clock when Jungkook returns from the gym this time, and he hears sounds coming from in their apartment. It’s the electronic keyboard that Jihoon had bought, and there’s music playing from it, so Jungkook isn’t entirely surprised to see the elder sitting at the keyboard, playing on it when he finally gets the door unlocked.

“You’re home early.” Jungkook notes, hanging his bag up before he walks into the living room to join the elder one.

“Hoseokie hyung is coming home from the hospital today, so Yoongi hyung let everyone go home early.” Jihoon says, only offering Jungkook a glance.

He doesn’t stop playing the keyboard until Jungkook walks over to him, and the younger one wraps his arms around his fiancé. “Well, I just got done from the gym, and I’ve got to go take a shower.” Jungkook whispers against Jihoon’s ear. “Since you’re here—”

“You didn’t hurt yourself, did you?” Jihoon asks, the concern in his voice real. He turns around to face Jungkook. “You’ve been complaining about your back hurting since the accident, so you should be careful.”

“I’m fine, Hyung.” Jungkook assures him, but he’s thankful that Jihoon worries about him. “Working out a little and stretching it actually helped. So…shower?”

“I don’t see why not.” Jihoon says, and he gets up from the chair to drag Jungkook to the shower.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Right at one o’clock, Yoongi dismissed everyone from work. He probably shouldn’t have because there’s still a bit of stuff that needs to get done before the start of next week, especially with Yoongi’s absence this week, but he just felt that everyone deserved the rest of the day off after trying to keep up with the company without Yoongi.

It’s almost two o’clock when Yoongi finally arrives at the hospital, and the nurse welcomes him. Before this whole incident, Yoongi was a stranger to her, but she’s become very familiar with his face over the passed days. He’s been in and out constantly, trying to stay by Hoseok’s side as much as possible.

“The other nurses are getting him ready right now.” She says when Yoongi asks about Hoseok. “You can go back there and see him.”

“Thank you.” Yoongi says, and he rushes past the nurse and back to where he knows Hoseok’s room is.

The fact that they’re getting him ready means that he’s actually able to come home, and he’ll be with Yoongi once again. Where he belongs.

When he makes it to Hoseok’s room, one of the nurses are helping him out of the wheelchair, and he’s already dressed and everything. He’s still wearing a bandage around his head, but damn Yoongi would be lying if he said that it didn’t make him look cute—like when Hoseok wears headbands to keep his hair out of his face.

The best part is, his smile is as bright as ever when he sees Yoongi. The nurse removes the gauze wrap and cotton ball from where they had an IV stuck in Hoseok’s arm, and then she allows him to walk to Yoongi with her following close behind in case he loses his balance.

“Happy birthday, Hyung.” Hoseok says, taking Yoongi’s hands into his own when he reaches him. Yoongi half expects Hoseok to pull him into a big hug, but he just dips his head down to kiss Yoongi’s lips. “How is Jungkook doing?”

“He’s fine. You’re the one who’s been unconscious for the past few days, so we’ve all been worried about you.” Yoongi tells him.

“Well, as you can see, I’m okay now.” Hoseok says. “So we’re all good to get out of here.”

“Not so fast.” The nurse says. “I need to talk to Yoongi first.”

“Should I leave then?” Hoseok asks, and he almost sounds bitter.

“We’re talking about you, Babe.” Yoongi says, kissing Hoseok’s cheek. “You can stay in here if you want.”

Hoseok walks around Yoongi, standing behind him. He wraps his arms around Yoongi’s waist and rests his head on Yoongi’s shoulder.

“He’s going to be fine.” The nurse tells him. “He might have some dizzy spells for a while, but he should recover from that rather quickly. Looking at his results, the doctor said that he didn’t seem to have any serious damage. The only thing he recommends is that Hoseok takes a break from dancing for a while. At least until his dizzy spells go away.”

At the mention of taking a break from dancing, Hoseok’s hold around Yoongi’s waist tightens. Hoseok isn’t going to like that.

“And we’re also sending him home with some pain killers just in case he needs them.” The nurse says. “Other than that…” She looks down at the clipboard she has in her hand. “Everything should be fine.”

Yoongi is pretty sure that he can handle dizzy spells and making sure Hoseok takes some pain medications if he needs it.

He follows the nurse so that Hoseok can get checked out of the hospital, and then he and Hoseok leave together.

“Do the dogs miss me?” Hoseok asks as he and Yoongi get into the car.

“Well, they’ve been moping around,” Yoongi tells him as he starts the car. “I don’t know if it’s because they miss you or if they can tell that I was depressed.”

Hoseok smiles, resting his head on the window as Yoongi pulls out of the parking spot. “They always think you’re depressed, Hyung. If they were moping, it’s definitely because they missed me.” He says, a fond smile on his face. “Poor little fellows. They probably think you threw me out or something.”

“They would have run away if they thought that.” Yoongi assures him. “They like you better than me.”

“Stach likes me better than you.” Hoseok corrects him. “You’re Bean’s favorite, though. Maybe because he’s a couch potato, too.”

“But he’s happy, like you.” Yoongi points out. “Pistachio, on the other hand, is hyper like you, but—”

“He hates people as much as you do.” Hoseok finishes that sentence for him.

“They’re our babies.” Yoongi says, thinking it’s quite coincidental that they adopted dogs that similar personality traits to them.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        Hoseok half-expected to come home to a messy house. Not that Yoongi is particularly messy all the time—he takes care of his stuff, but he does get pretty bad when he’s stressed or depressed, so Hoseok expected to come home to a disaster. Instead, he comes home to two very excited dogs and the cleanest he has ever seen their house.

“Did you have Seokjin hyung clean for you?” Hoseok asks, knowing that the only one who cleans better than himself is Seokjin.

“Well, he helped.” Yoongi says, and Hoseok isn’t surprised. “But I didn’t ask him to.”

Hoseok doesn’t actually care about the condition of their house or how it got that way. All he cares about is how good it feels to be home again.

He grabs Yoongi by the arm, and he pulls the smaller one to him once he has the dogs calmed down. “I believe we made promises of y dances…or something like that.” He says, bringing his and Yoongi’s lips together. “So you owe me a or something.”

Yoongi narrows his eyes, but his gaze softens when Hoseok kisses him again. “Why the do I owe you a ?” He demands. “You’re the one who was supposed to put on a show.”

“Yeah, but I can’t do it. Doctor’s orders.” Hoseok says. He is sure that having falls somewhere under no dancing, seeing as how they’re both physical activities, but he’s sure that a from Yoongi and a couple of s won’t hurt.

Yoongi sighs, and he grips Hoseok’s waist, and that’s how Hoseok knows that he’s won this one. “All right, fine.” Yoongi says, nipping the base of Hoseok’s neck. “But it’s my birthday, so I get to decide everything else.”

“Deal.” Hoseok says, bringing Yoongi for another kiss, deeper this time.