Coffee Love #35 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #35 - Strangers
Word Count: 4,304

Date in Chapter: 2017 May 20

Note: Happens a week after Coffee Love #34. Moving onto a Junghoon/Yoonseok ark. The following chapters will have some pretty big drama for both couples, so enjoy this one last chapter of fluff before we move onto the main and final part of the Yoonseok arc, and a Junghoon arc.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Saturday mornings are the best because they’re the first day of a weekend that Jimin wakes up without having to get ready for work, and there’s still one more day ahead for him to enjoy himself. The best thing about Saturday mornings are that Jimin almost always wakes up next to Taehyung, but staying in bed all day is rarely an option that Jimin gets. Taehyung’s just not the type to lie around and be lazy for a day. He’d rather spend his time going on adventures and doing fun things.

But, that’s probably what Jimin loves most about his husband. Taehyung’s love for adventures and making the most of his time.

A smiles spreads on Jimin’s face when he feels Taehyung’s fingers carding through his hair, but he doesn’t roll over or say anything. He just pretends to still be asleep, but he kind of gives it away by sighing.

“You awake?” Taehyung asks.

Jimin doesn’t say anything. He just mumbles softly, and he pulls the covers back around himself, nuzzling his face in the pillow.

“Hey, Park Jimin.” Taehyung says, his hand gently gripping some of Jimin’s hair. “I know you’re awake. Will you please look at me?”

He sounds so upset that Jimin can’t ignore him. He turns his head to look at Taehyung, and Taehyung smiles at him, making Jimin smile, too.

“There’s the beautiful face I love so much.” Taehyung says, and he kisses Jimin’s lips, only making Jimin’s smile grow wider. “Good morning, my sweet angel.”

“Good morning, Taehyung.” Jimin says, letting his eyes fall closed, the sunlight pouring in through the curtains burning his eyes. He sighs again. “Can you turn the sun off?”

Taehyung laughs and rolls over Jimin so that they’re lying on each other’s side of the bed, and Jimin can look at the bedroom wall now instead of the sun. “Better?” Taehyung asks.

But Jimin decides to mess with him a little bit. He opens up his eyes, and closes them tight again. “No. The sunshine is still too bright.” Jimin says.

He doesn’t see it, but he knows that Taehyung must be frowning right now. “Should I buy some darker curtains?” He asks, clearly not getting what Jimin is trying to say.

Jimin shakes his head, opening his eyes again. “I don’t know what darker curtains will do when the sun somehow found its way into the room.” Jimin says, and he ends up laughing at Taehyung’s puzzled face. “Because you are my sun, Taehyung.”

Then Taehyung is laughing as well, and he rolls his eyes. “All right, that was a good one.” He admits. “Wish I would have thought of it first.”

“Well, I guess we have a problem, then.” Jimin says.

“What?” Taehyung asks, seeming worried.

“There can’t be two suns in one relationship.” Jimin tells him. “It just won’t work out.”

“Then you can be the moon.” Taehyung says, a little rushed. “It’s prettier than the sun, anyway, and I can stare at it for hours.”

“Sure. If that’s what you want, Taetae, I’ll be your moon.” Jimin says.

“We should go on a date today.” Taehyung suggests. To anyone, it might seem like a random suggestion, but Jimin had been expecting it. He and Taehyung hardly plan their dates in advance. In fact, they hardly plan anything at all. Taehyung just gets the urge to do something, and he does it. Jimin never has a say, but it’s not like he’d disagree if he did.

Besides, Jimin is pretty sure that the suggestion also has a little something to do with the fact that half of their friends are going to be attending a wedding today for Rome and Jiwoo. Jimin and Taehyung were both invited, but Jimin didn’t want to go, and Taehyung wasn’t going to make him. Nor was he going to go without him.

“Sure.” Jimin sighs, and he scoots closer to Taehyung, burying his face in Taehyung’s chest. “What did you have in mind?”

“Oh, I don’t know.” Taehyung says, his fingers rubbing over Jimin’s back. It’s almost relaxing enough to put Jimin right back to sleep. “A nice dinner. Maybe a walk in the park, and ice skating.”

“Ice skating.” Jimin repeats.

“Or regular skating.” Taehyung says. “It doesn’t have to be ice skating.”

“No,” Jimin says. “I like the sound of ice skating. We haven’t done that in a while, but it’s almost summer.”

“You’re right.” Taehyung says. “So regular skating it is.”

He starts to get out bed, but Jimin keeps his hold around Taehyung’s waist. “Are we starting with dinner?” Jimin asks.

“I guess.” Taehyung returns.

“Then we don’t have to get out of bed just yet.”

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Seokjin enters the kitchen to find Namjoon placing some pancakes on a couple of plates. They’re pancakes he probably got from a delivery, Seokjin knows because Namjoon can’t cook. He remembers the first time they had a date at Namjoon’s house, and he tried to trick Seokjin into thinking that he was actually a really good cook, but Seokjin could tell that the food came from a restaurant close to Namjoon’s apartment. He recognized the taste. Seokjin is pretty sure that’s one of the first ways Namjoon tried to win his heart.

“I see you made pancakes.” Seokjin says in a teasing tone as Namjoon pours the syrup over them, and he fails to finish without getting syrup to drip on the bottle. Seokjin doesn’t have to say anything to get him to fix it, however. He instantly goes for a wet cloth to wipe the bottle clean.

“Pancakes and eggs and bacon.” Namjoon says, setting one of the plates in front of Seokjin. “From Yours Truly.”

“Is that the name of that new restaurant that just opened up in town?” Seokjin asks, still teasing the younger one.

Namjoon frowns as he grabs out some utensils for eating, and he hands one to Seokjin. “Yes, actually.” He says, circling around the bar and joining Seokjin in his usual stool. “I’ve heard nothing but good things about them, so I thought we could give it a try.”

Seokjin takes a bite of the pancake, and he chews it thoughtfully. “I could do better.” He says, concentrating on the flavor. “They could be a little fluffier, and a little less done, but not bad.”

“Why don’t you try to become a food critic?” Namjoon suggests.

“Because between running a cafe, a bookstore, and being a father and a husband, I don’t have time for that.” Seokjin tells him.

“You could.” Namjoon says. “You wouldn’t even have to do it professionally. Just start a blog and talk about food. You’re good at that. Besides, everything you listed is kind of responsibilities. You need a hobby.”

“My responsibilities are my hobbies,” Seokjin says, and he leans over to kiss Namjoon. “It’s why I made them responsibilities.”

Namjoon doesn’t say anything for a couple of bites. “So…when Jinhee starts talking,” He says, completely changing subjects now. “What are we going to have him call us?”

“What do you mean?” Seokjin asks, swallowing the bit of food he has in his mouth.

“I mean, I’m his father, and you’re his father.” Namjoon says. “But we can’t both be called dad. That would get confusing for all three of us.”

“Joon appa and Jin appa works for me.” Seokjin says. “Because I’ll be okay with being the only one who can call you Daddy.”

“You have got to stop catching me off guard with that.” Namjoon says, and Seokjin slips a hand between Namjoon’s thighs, suddenly more interested in him than finishing breakfast.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Jihoon smiles as he finally gets Jungkook’s tie straightened out, and he presses his lips to the younger’s. “Have I ever told you that you look really good in a suit?” Jihoon asks, his smile only widening.

“You may have mentioned it once or twice.” Jungkook says, and he stands from the bed.

It’s finally the day for Rome and Jiwoo to get married. Jungkook’s family is in town, and even Hoseok’s family is in town. Unlike Yoongi and Hoseok or Namjoon and Seokjin, Rome and Jiwoo decided to have a very large wedding, and invite all of their friends and family, and that’s what make Jungkook the most nervous about this whole thing. It wouldn’t be so bad if he were just a part of the audience, sitting in the chairs, watching the ceremony happen, but no. He has to be a part of the wedding, as his brother’s best man, and it makes him nervous.

“You know, we’ve only been together for a year and nearly five months now.” Jihoon says, “And this is the third wedding we’re attending together.”

“I just hope the next wedding we go to will be our own.” Jungkook says.

He and Jihoon have been engaged since Jihoon’s birthday, but they haven’t done much planning or talking about their wedding at all. Jungkook doesn’t mind, really. He didn’t propose to Jihoon to rush into a wedding right away. He just wanted to make sure that they were both on the same page and that they both knew what they wanted.

“I’m sure it will be.” Jihoon says. “I mean, the only other people I can think of that haven’t had a wedding yet is Jimin hyung and Taetae hyung, but they’re already married, so—”

“They are not married.” Jungkook states. “They may act like it, but they’re not married.”

“They are.” Jihoon sounds quite sure of himself. “Didn’t you notice that they were both wearing wedding bands?”

Jungkook hadn’t noticed. Jimin always wears an entire collection of rings on his hand, so it’s not like Jungkook could be expected to notice one addition to it. As for Taehyung, Jungkook just never really paid attention to his hands.

“They never told me they got married,” Jungkook says, pouting.

“Tol, I don’t think they ever told anyone.” Jihoon assures him. “I’m just observant, so I know these things.”

“Well, then.” Jungkook says, fixing his hair up a little in the mirror. “We shouldn’t invite them to our wedding—if they don’t even want to tell us that they’re married.”

Jihoon laughs, and Jungkook can see him rolling his eyes behind him. “Taetae hyung is my friend,” He says, and walks forward, wrapping his arms around Jungkook’s waist. “So, like it or not, I’m inviting him, at least.”

“Well, he won’t come if Jimin hyung can’t, so…” Jungkook starts, and Jihoon glares at him. “I guess they’re both invited.”

“Thank you.” Jihoon says, and he pats Jungkook on the . “Now come on. As your brother’s best man, you have to do all the hard work for this wedding, so we should be leaving soon.”

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Part of Yoongi doesn’t even want to go to this wedding. Jiwoo isn’t even his sister. Without Hoseok, Yoongi never would have met the girl, so he doesn’t see why he should go to the wedding if Hoseok isn’t even here to go with.

He actually called Jiwoo last night to tell her that he didn’t think he’d be coming. He said that he’d feel awkward there since he’s not actually a part of the family, which, of course, Jiwoo came back by telling him that being married to Hoseok means he is a part of the family. He said that he didn’t want to go without a date, and Jiwoo assured him that she was sure he’d find someone there that he could have as his date for one day. Yoongi insisted that he didn’t want a date if it wasn’t Hoseok, and Jiwoo just insisted that there would be someone there that would make Yoongi happy.

The conversation kind of made Yoongi really not want to go to the wedding because it almost sounded like Jiwoo was trying to set him up with someone, and Yoongi is not interested in being set up. Then, he also thought that it might be some kind of test—just to see how loyal he can be to Hoseok, and refusing to go to the wedding would mean that he might be afraid to have one wedding date with another person because it might lead to something else.

Confused and conflicted, Yoongi gave in and decided to go to the wedding. That’s why he was in a rush, getting dressed this morning, and now he’s on his way to the park—where Rome and Jiwoo are supposed to be getting married.

When Yoongi arrives, there aren’t very many people at the location at all. He only recognizes a few of the faces, all of them being people in Hoseok’s family: Hoseok’s parents, his grandparents, and his aunt and uncle. He recognizes Jungkook and Jihoon, of course, and his heart skips a beat when he sees a face that is all too familiar to him. A face that stands out among all the rest as the man smiles and laughs and talks to the guests.

“What the ?” Yoongi breathes, opening the car door to get out and get a better look.

It is.

That is definitely who Yoongi thinks it is, and he doesn’t even realize that he’s already running up to the man.

“Soso-yah!” Yoongi cheers, already running out of breath.

Within seconds, he’s in his husbands arms, his own arms wrapped around Hoseok’s neck as he buries his face in the younger’s neck, and he’s laughing because he’s just so damn happy to see Hoseok that he can’t think of any other way to react.

“I can’t believe you’re here.” Yoongi says, his voice muffled against Hoseok’s skin.

Hoseok’s removes one hand from around Yoongi’s waist, and he lifts Yoongi’s head to press a kiss to his cheek. “My sister told you there’d be someone here that would make you happy, did she not?” Hoseok asks.

Suddenly the conversation from last night makes a lot more sense. Jiwoo didn’t want Yoongi to skip out on the wedding because this was supposed to be a surprise.

Hoseok is getting quite good at surprising Yoongi these days. Either that, or Yoongi just isn’t being as observant as he should be.

“How did you get here? When did you get here?” Yoongi asks, just so overwhelmed with Hoseok’s presence he doesn’t even know what to say.

“I took a train,” Hoseok says, “And I got here last night. You can’t honestly think I was going to miss my own sister’s wedding, did you?”

“I just…I thought…” Yoongi stutters, but he can’t find his words. “Whatever. You’re here, and I’m happy.”

It had almost been a month since Yoongi saw Hoseok last, and he was just happy to be able to hold Hoseok in his arms again. He’s definitely glad that he came to the wedding.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        Despite Jimin’s protests and begging to stay in bed for the day, Taehyung finally got him to get up and come out with him. While Taehyung wanted a date later in the evening, he just didn’t want to sit in the apartment all day while everyone else went to the wedding.

“First of all,” Jimin says as he and Taehyung get onto the subway together. Taehyung hold Jinhee in his lap when he finally finds a seat, and Jimin holds Pixie. “I wish you wouldn’t accept babysitting jobs without telling me first.”

Since Seokjin and Namjoon went to the wedding as Jiwoo’s guests, Seokjin being best friends with her brother and all, Taehyung offered to watch Jinhee for them while they were out.

“Secondly,” Jimin continues, apparently not done with his complaints. Is he ever, though? “How the f—”

“Baby.” Taehyung says, covering Jinhee’s ears before Jimin continues.

“I mean, how do you expect us to go on a date if we have this baby with us?” Jimin asks, avoiding all unnecessary curse words.

Taehyung smiles, bouncing Jinhee in his lap. “First,” Taehyung says. “I don’t know why you’re complaining. You like children, so babysitting shouldn’t be a problem.”

“I like children.” Jimin agrees. “Jinhee is not a child. He’s a baby.”

“Which makes him even better.” Taehyung says, picking the kid up and nuzzling their cheeks together, making Jinhee laugh. “Isn’t he cute?”

Jimin’s expression softens, and he smiles at Taehyung. “He is cute,” Jimin agrees. “But what about dinner and skating?”

Jimin is cute. He’s so cute when he gets jealous about people taking Taehyung’s attention from him, even when it’s a baby who’s taking the attention. “Jiminie, we’re still going on our date.” Taehyung assures him. “The wedding will be over in a couple of hours, and Seokjin and Namjoon will take Jinhee back once it’s done. Then we can go on our date.”

He takes a quick glance around the subway to make sure that no one is staring, and he leans in to give Jimin a quick kiss on the cheek. “I promise.” He adds.

“So, where are we going first?” Jimin asks.

“The park,” Taehyung says. “We’re going to make sure Jinhee doesn’t become a shut in like many kids these days.”

“When we have kids, are you going to take them to the park like this?” Jimin asks.

Just the thought of him and Jimin being parents one day makes Taehyung even more excited about the future, but he’s definitely not going to rush into anything. They still have a lot of time to spend together as a couple, and he only wants to start planning for children when they are absolutely ready for it.

“Well take them to parks, the zoo, amusement parks, and—”

“I’m actually okay if we don’t take them to the amusement park.” Jimin says. “I just wouldn’t want them to get hurt on the rides, you know.”

Taehyung laughs. It’s not like he doesn’t know about Jimin’s fear of rollercoasters and other amusement park rides, but he just doesn’t think about it sometimes. “Amusements parks are fun, Jiminie,” Taehyung says, nudging Jimin. “Do you really want to be the reason our children are deprived of all that fun?”

Jimin glares at the younger one, but his glares are always more adorable than they are intimidating. “Fine,” Jimin says. “We can take them to amusement parks.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “So, have you two decided when you are going to get married?” Jungkook’s mother asks Jungkook and Jihoon at the reception later. They’re all sitting at the table, along with Rome and Jiwoo.

Jungkook shrugs, shoving food into his mouth. “Jihoon hyung suggested a summer wedding once,” He looks at his fiancé for confirmation, and Jihoon nods. “So I guess it’ll be during the summer.”

“This summer?” His father asks.

Jungkook shakes his head. “Not this summer.” Jungkook says. “We don’t have the money, and I’m still in school.”

“Since you’re living together, isn’t it a bit like you’re already married?” Jungkook’s mom asks.

“Kind of?” Jihoon is the one to answer this time. Jungkook knows that Jihoon never wanted to move in with him so soon, but certain circumstances made it unavoidable. “But there’s a difference between just living together and being married, right?”

“That depends on who you ask,” Jiwoo says. “For some people, living together is just as strong of a commitment as marriage is.”

“I think there’s a difference,” Yoongi is the one to speak this time. “I mean Hoseok moved in quite early in our relationship, but it’s a lot different now that we’re married.”

“If we weren’t married, I wouldn’t be doing this training right now.” Hoseok affirms. “So yeah, there’s a difference.”

“Have you decided what type of wedding you want to have?” Jungkook’s mom asks, slightly changing the subject now.

Jungkook shakes his head. “We haven’t talked a lot about it.” He says. He wonders why his parents seem more excited about Jungkook’s wedding than this one. Or maybe he’s just imagining things, and they’re trying to make conversation.

“I’m sure my dad would be happiest if we had a traditional wedding.” Jihoon says. “Or at least…as traditional as it can get…you know.”

“Do you want a traditional wedding?” Jiwoo asks.

Jihoon nods. “I’m Korean.” He says. “And I was raised on traditional Korean customs, so it’s familiar to me.”

It’s at that moment that Jungkook realizes that he and Jihoon actually don’t talk about those things—Jihoon was raised on traditional Korean customs, but he and Jungkook don’t practice a lot of really old customs in their home like they do when they’re at Jihoon’s family’s place. He wonders if Jihoon wants to add more customs to their daily life. That’s something he makes mental note to ask his fiancé about later.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Taehyung and Jimin eventually take Pixie back to the apartment, and they drop Jinhee back off with his parents so that they can enjoy their date together. Since he and Taehyung can’t agree on something to eat, Taehyung suggests that they go to the buffet, and Jimin does’t refuse. Nothing is better than going to a place that everyone is happy and can leave completely satisfied.

“Who are you texting?” Jimin asks, only suspicious because Taehyung holds his phone at an angle so that Jimin can’t see it. He normally doesn’t try to hide his messages from Jimin.

“No one.” Taehyung says, quickly sliding his phone back into his pocket. By the time they make it into the building, his phone pings with a reply message, and Jimin glares at him.

“Kim Taehyung,” Jimin snaps as Taehyung pulls his phone out of his pocket. “Who are you texting?”

“Why do you suddenly care who I’m texting? You’ve never asked me before.” Taehyung questions.

“Because you’ve never hidden your phone from me before.” Jimin says.

“I’m…texting Sungjong.” Taehyung tells him, and Jimin knows that’s a lie. He could tell because of the way Taehyung hesitated.

“Don’t lie to me, Taetae.” Jimin demands. “I can tell when you’re lying.”

“Fine, I’m texting your mom.” Taehyung says, and Jimin glares at him.

“My mom.” Jimin says, freezing in his spot before they even reach the counter.

“Yes.” 

“Why?” Jimin questions, raising his eyebrows at Taehyung.

“Because I want to tell her.” Taehyung responds.

Jimin doesn’t even have to ask. He knows what Taehyung is talking about.

“Did you?” He asks.

“No. I just told her that you and I have something to tell her and your dad.”

“Taehyung, I don’t want—”

“What? You don’t want to tell them?” Taehyung assumes. “Do you want to tell anyone? We’ve been married for nearly three months now, Jimin, and we haven’t told anyone about it. I feel like you don’t want to be married to me.”

“Taehyung, that’s not…” Jimin doesn’t want to have this conversation right now. “Maybe we should just go home.”

He’s not really in the mood for a date anymore.

Taehyung’s hand grips his wrist before he can get too far, and he’s pulling Jimin back toward himself.

“Come on,” Taehyung begs. “We’re already here.”

Jimin gives in, and he allows Taehyung to pay for their meals. A waitress walks them to a table and she begins to sit them down, but Jimin crosses his arms and shakes his head. “No.” He says.

“I-I can move you to a different table.” She says, not seeming to know how to react.

“No,” Jimin says again. “I don’t want to sit with him.” Jimin says, motioning to his husband.

“Jimin,” Taehyung says, trying to get the elder to calm down.

“Then, uh, do you want to sit over here by yourself?” The waitress asks.

Jimin looks to where she is indicating, and it seems like a good place to him. He nods, and she walks him over to the other table. “I’ll be right back with your cola,” She says to Jimin. “In the mean time, feel free to go grab some food.”

Jimin watches Taehyung start at one end of the line, so Jimin chooses to start on the opposite end. His intention is to avoid talking to Taehyung, but he didn’t think about the obvious—them meeting in the middle.

When they meet, Taehyung smiles at Jimin, and Jimin can’t help but smile back. “Hey,” Jimin says, almost forgetting what he and Taehyung were even fighting over in the first place.

Taehyung looks around, and he notices that there is no one else there. “Are you talking to me?” He asks, placing a hand on his chest.

“Of course I’m talking to you, jerk.” Jimin says back, lightly punching Taehyung in the arm.

“Sorry, it’s not every day that someone as good looking as you notices me.” Taehyung says, and Jimin rolls his eyes.

“I was just going to ask if you could step back. I can’t reach the bananas with you standing right there.” Jimin says.

“Oh,” Taehyung sounds disappointed. “I thought we were going to have a moment.”

“Sorry. We can’t. I’m married.” Jimin says, and he flashes his ring to Taehyung.

Taehyung sighs. “He’s one lucky guy, winning someone like you.” He says.

“He seems to forget that from time to time.” Jimin states. “But I sometimes forget how lucky I am, too. To have him.” Jimin grabs a banana, and he turns back to Taehyung. “Well, it was nice talking to you.” He adds and walks away, back to his table that the waitress had given him separate from Taehyung.

Shortly after Jimin sits, Taehyung is making his way over after grabbing his drink from his own table. “I know you said you were married,” He says, and he sets his cup down before setting the plates that were balancing on his other arm down as well. “But it couldn’t hurt to have one dinner together.”

Jimin laughs, and he motions for Taehyung to sit. “Go ahead. I’m sure my husband won’t mind.” He says.

"For the record," Taehyung says as he pulls the chair out and sits down. "I never forget how lucky I am to have you in my life."