Coffee Love #15

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #15 - A Coffee Christmas
Word Count: 3,244

Date: 2016 December 25

Note: Second Christmas Chapter of the entire series! We weren’t going to make a Christmas chapter since it’s still the middle of summer/going into autumn in a couple of months, but something (kind of) big happens in this chapter, so it needs to be done for us to continue. There’s not a lot told about the Christmas party, sorry. We’ll probably do a bonus chapter of it. No promises, but we’ll try.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        “Taehyung.” Jimin calls out Taehyung’s name as he re-enters the room that morning.

“Kim Taehyung, I know you’re not sleeping.” Jimin says only after Taehyung groans and rolls over to shove his face into his pillow.

Jimin lets out an adorable little, slightly annoyed huff as he plops down on the bed, shaking the younger one. “Taetae, come on,” He whines, tugging on the blankets Taehyung has himself cocooned in.

Taehyung just whines, pulling the covers tighter around himself.

“Thank you,” Jimin finally says, and Taehyung decides to stop the sleeping act.

He frees his arms from their blankety prison and pushes himself up on the mattress, and he looks at Jimin with feigned confusion. “For what?” Taehyung asks.

Jimin lifts up a small gift box with a bright blue ribbon around it. “For this.” He says. It hasn’t even been opened yet, Taehyung notes, but Jimin already seems excited about it.

“You haven’t even opened it yet,” Taehyung points out. “And besides, what makes you think that it’s from me? It could have been Santa Claus.”

“I didn’t open it because I wanted you to see me open it.” Jimin says, and Taehyung suddenly feels nervous. If Jimin’s expecting some pricy, extravagant gift to be in the box, it may be a huge letdown. “And I know it’s from you because Pixie would have alerted us if a jolly old fat man broke in here in the middle of the night.”

Jimin goes to rip the bow off, and Taehyung quickly grabs his hand to stop him. “You seem super excited about this, but—”

“Don’t worry,” Jimin says, pulling his hand back. “I don’t know what to expect, so I won’t get my hopes up.”

This time, when Jimin goes to open the gift, he carefully unties the bow and removes the lid to the box, and Taehyung bites his lip, nervous.

He examines Jimin’s face, which remains expressionless as he looks in the box.

“I promise this isn’t the only thing I got you. This is just…there’s more. I promise, I actually got you a really good gift that I know you are going to love.” Taehyung says to save his own .

“I love this one.” Jimin says, and he takes the little dog plush out of the box. “Did you make it?” Jimin asks, without looking away from the toy in his hands.

Taehyung laughs, slightly offended. “Is it that bad?” He asks, knowing that the slightly misaligned eyes and different sized ears might have been what gave it away.

“No. No,” Jimin says, flipping the dog’s ears up and down. “But when did you learn to make it?”

Taehyung shrugs. “I had Yoongi hyung re-stuff Lion for me, again, and I thought that it couldn’t be too hard to learn how to make a plush. I asked him to teach me, and he said he would if he had time.” Taehyung explains. “He never did, so Jihoon let me borrow a book about stitching things like this, and…”

“You taught yourself?” Jimin presumes.

Taehyung nods. “I know he’s ugly, but I thought of you the entire time I made him, so he’s really special.” Taehyung explains.

Jimin suddenly lunges at Taehyung, wrapping his arms around the taller one, and squeezing him tightly. “I love him, Tae.” Jimin says. “I seriously do.”

Taehyung smiles, and he presses a kiss to the crook of Jimin’s neck before pushing the smaller one off of him. “Did you see this?” Taehyung asks, pulling two braided bracelets out of the box as well.

“Friendship bracelets?” Jimin questions, looking at Taehyung.

“Friendship bracelets.” Taehyung affirms. “Because—”

“I know.” Jimin says, kissing Taehyung. “I know why.”

For the one year anniversary of their friendship, Taehyung and Jimin had made friendship bracelets for each other. Taehyung managed to keep his for several years, but Jimin left his in a public bathroom after washing his hands and never saw it again. It was something that he had cried about for a long while. Taehyung tried to comfort him and promise that he wasn’t upset because it wasn’t like the bracelets were mandatory for their friendship—“So you lost your bracelet,” Taehyung had said at the time, taking Jimin’s hand into his own. “But you didn’t lose me. You can try to forget me and leave me behind in the bathroom if you want, but I’ll follow you everywhere. Forever.”

To this day, Taehyung really has followed Jimin everywhere, while also learning to stand on his own two feet more recently. Now, the tables have kind of turned and it’s more Taehyung taking care of Jimin these days.

“Merry Christmas, Jimin.” Taehyung says, kissing his boyfriend’s lips.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “You know, I’ve been thinking,” Jungkook says, rolling over to his side and propping his head up on his arm. With his free hand, he cards his fingers through Jihoon’s hair, brushing his hair from his face and kissing the tip of his nose. “Instead of going to Yoongi hyung and Hoseok hyung’s place, we could stay here and have our own Christmas this time.”

This year, Namjoon and Seokjin headed to Seokjin’s family’s place for Christmas, so Yoongi and Hoseok are the ones hosting the Christmas house party this time.

Jihoon sighs and he smiles a lazy smile. “I would agree to that if we had decided earlier.” Jihoon says. “But we already told everyone we’d be there, and it would be really mean to change our mind at the last minute.”

Jungkook sighs, leaning his forehead on Jihoon’s. This would only be the second time Jihoon’s ever celebrated Christmas in his life, and Jungkook just really wants to make sure it’s super special for him. “Yeah, I guess we do have to go,” Jungkook agrees. “But we can start making our own Christmas traditions starting tonight.”

“When you lived with your parents, how did you guys celebrate?” Jihoon asks.

Jungkook thinks about it. Ever since he moved in with Rome, they hadn’t been back to see their parents on Christmas. Although his family celebrates it, it’s never really been a big thing with them. Some families take the holiday more seriously, but Jungkook’s family has never really been that one.

“Well, it was never a huge thing with us.” Jungkook says. “My grandparents would come over, but it wasn’t a huge family gathering like Chuseok or something. And Rome hyung and I would make gingerbread houses, and we’d get presents. It wasn’t anything special.”

Jihoon rolled over, and he propped himself up on his arm just like Jungkook had been the whole time. “Really? You made gingerbread houses?” He asks, interested.

“Do you want to make gingerbread houses?” Jungkook asks.

Jihoon looks like he’s about to agree, but then he shakes his head. “We better not,” He says. “Making gingerbread houses is for kids, right?”

“Oh,” Jungkook says, frowning. “Then I guess I shouldn’t have bought the gingerbread house kit.”

Jihoon pushes himself up to a sitting position. “You didn’t.” He says, not believing the younger one.

“I did.” Jungkook says, smiling now.

“I don’t believe you.” Jihoon says, slowly getting off the bed.

Jungkook pushes himself up at that point, and he grabs Jihoon’s waist to pull him back before he can get too far away. “Where are you going?” Jungkook asks, resting his chin on Jihoon’s shoulder. “I thought you didn’t want to make a gingerbread house.”

“That was before I knew that you already bought the stuff to do it.” Jihoon says, turning around in Jungkook’s arm and squirming until he got himself free. “But I have to brush my teeth first.”

“I was thinking we could take it to Yoongi hyung’s place, and everyone could make it together.” Jungkook says, and Jihoon stops in the middle of his steps on the way to the bathroom.

He turns around to Jungkook. “We can take it to Yoongi hyung’s place after it’s done, and we can all eat it together.” He says. “I don’t want to make it with anyone but you.”

“Fair enough.” Jungkook agrees, getting up from the bed. He has to brush his teeth as well.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Seokjin really wanted to host the Christmas party at their house again this year. They’ve done it for the past two years, and he really wanted to make a tradition out of it. However, his mother had contacted them sometime earlier in the month, requesting that he and Namjoon came to see her and Seokjin’s father for the holidays. Seokjin couldn’t refuse.

It’s been a while since he’s been home for Christmas, and waking up in his old bedroom on Christmas morning brings back a lot of memories of his childhood days.

His room hadn’t changed much since his teenage years—his parents having left it alone mostly. He still has the Mario sheets on his bed, and all of his old video games are still lined up neatly on their shelves. His room is meticulous and perfect, just as he had always kept it.

“I can tell that you’ve changed over the years,” Namjoon says when he returns to the room after brushing his teeth. “You’re not this uptight anymore.”

Out of the few years they’ve been together, this is the first time Seokjin has ever brought Namjoon home with him. Seokjin had come home to visit his parents over the years, but Namjoon never came with him. Seokjin’s parents had visited them a few times, but Namjoon’s never come here with him.

“It’s not that,” Seokjin assures him. “It’s just that there’s no one living in this room most of the time, so it looks perfect.” He looks down at the blankets still tangled around his body. “Except for the bed.”

Seokjin has changed, and he knows it. Their room is still free of any clothes in the floor, but the bed is hardly ever made in the morning. To be fair, that’s because Namjoon is usually the last one up on the weekdays, and he doesn’t make the bed when he gets up. On the weekends, Seokjin always makes sure the bed is made. A few random items might be lying on the surfaces of the chests and tables in their room at home because Namjoon has the habit of just setting things down anywhere. Seokjin used to get onto him and make him clean those things up, but he doesn’t mind leaving them as much now.

Namjoon wears a mischievous grin as he walks to the bed. “I think the bed is perfect,” He says, placing both hands on the mattress on either side of Seokjin’s body, leaning forward so that his face is close to Seokjin’s. “It’s very you.”

“I mean because it’s not made.” Seokjin snaps.

“I know what you mean.” Namjoon says, pressing his lips to Seokjin’s, which doesn’t take much movement since their faces are already so close.

“You should be careful,” Seokjin whispers, wrapping his arms around Namjoon’s neck. “My parents are home.”

It’s weird to say that because it’s not like Seokjin’s parents parents don’t know that they kiss, and, well, do a lot more than that, but it’s just…it’s so different having Namjoon in their house. It’s like they shouldn’t be doing this.

“I’m sure your parents won’t mind me kissing my husband,” Namjoon says, nuzzling his nose against Seokjin’s.

“They might.” Seokjin warns him.

“Well, anyway,” Namjoon says standing. “I didn’t come in here to sneak around behind your parents back. I came here because your mom wants your help in the kitchen.”

“Oh,” Seokjin says, pouting. “That’s no fun.”

“Sorry, but I couldn’t argue with her.” Namjoon says, and he takes both of Seokjin’s hands as he pulls the elder off of the bed. “I’ll help you.”

Seokjin hums, wrapping his arms around Namjoon once more. “My hero,” He says, and he kisses Namjoon again. Being with him at home like this almost makes him feel like a high school student all over again, and that doesn’t change when his mother walks in the room.

“How long does it take to come into the kitchen?” She asks, and Seokjin takes a step back from Namjoon. “Come on.”

“Told you she’d care.” Seokjin says, walking out of the room first.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Taehyung and Jimin are the first ones to arrive to Yoongi and Hoseok’s house, and Taehyung immediately takes notice of the sweater that Yoongi is wearing. It’s the ugly Christmas sweater that Hoseok made for him last year, and Yoongi wore it by choice because he wanted to show it off to the kids. Hoseok begged him not to, but Yoongi loves it, and he wants everyone to see it.

“If I knew this was an ugly sweater party, I would have worn mine, too.” Taehyung says, looking Yoongi’s sweater up and down.

“Yours isn’t appropriate.” Jimin says, putting his gifts under the tree.

“I don’t see the problem there.” Yoongi says, and Taehyung gives him a look as if to say, right?

“If you are going to let her run around freely, I can’t guarantee Pistachio will stay off of her.” Hoseok says as Taehyung sets Pixie on the ground.

“I know.” Taehyung says. “That’s why I put pants on her. He can’t get in them.”

“If he’s anything like Yoongi hyung, which he is a lot like Yoongi hyung, he’ll find a way.” Hoseok promises.

Taehyung looks around as if looking for someone, and then he looks back at Yoongi. “Where are Jungkook and Jihoon?” He asks.

“Late like always,” Yoongi says, totally unsurprised that they haven’t arrived yet. “They’re probably…”

Before Yoongi gets any further than that, Jihoon walks into the house. He has a gingerbread house with him, but no Jungkook. Naturally, that raises suspicion with everyone.

“Where’s Jungkook?” Yoongi asks.

“Oh, he’s bringing Jojo noona and Rome hyung, so he had to go pick them up.” Jihoon says, handing the gingerbread house to Yoongi, as if Yoongi wants to do anything with it. “But we made that.”

It looks really good. Pretty much like one that you could buy pre-built and decorated from the bakery.

“It looks delicious.” Taehyung says. “Can we eat it?”

“If you want to eat it,” Yoongi says, shoving the gingerbread house to him. “You take it to the kitchen.”

“But let’s not eat it until Jungkook gets here.” Jihoon says, following Taehyung.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Of course Rome just had to get called in to the hospital for work today of all days. Jungkook doesn’t think it’s fair, but, of course, it’s selfish for him to complain about it, so he just brings Jiwoo back to Hoseok and Yoongi’s place with him.

Upset, he doesn’t even say anything to anyone when he arrives, instead just sitting on the couch. When Jihoon notices that Rome isn’t with them as well, he immediately joins Jungkook on the couch, knowing how much Jungkook was looking forward to spending Christmas with his brother this year. “Hey,” Jihoon says, sitting on the couch and pulling Jungkook to his chest. “I’m sure he’ll be done later, and we can go to his place later tonight.”

“He was supposed to be here,” Jungkook says, pouting. He doesn’t cry. He’s not really upset enough for that, probably because he was already expecting something like this to happen. “We have the whole family except for him.”

“If it helps any,” Taehyung says, sitting on the arm of the chair, “My brother skipped out on our regular traditions, too, to go to Yongguk hyung’s family.”

Normally, someone saying something like that probably wouldn’t help make Jungkook feel better at all, but it kind of does this time. It does because Taehyung and Jimin are also here without anyone in their family, and it kind of reminds Jungkook that he’s not the odd one out.

“I just need to stop being such a big baby.” Jungkook says, lifting his head from Jihoon’s chest.

“I love you because you’re a big baby,” Jihoon says. “You always act so mature and like you’re all grown up, but it’s cute when you act like a baby.”

“Yeah, well I love you because you don’t treat me like a baby.” Jungkook says. In their group, he’s the youngest. Even with Jihoon, he’s still the youngest, and they all kind of treat Jungkook like a baby. He feels like such a child compared to them.

“I actually kind of do,” Jihoon says, and he kisses Jungkook’s cheek. “Just in subtle ways so you don’t realize it.”

 

Yoongi’s POV

        After the Christmas party, Hoseok finally decides to give Yoongi his second gift, which Yoongi knew what he was getting, and he already knows what it is. He opens the box to find another Christmas sweater inside, somewhat similar to the one he has on. This one is a little smaller, so it’s closer to Yoongi’s fit than the one he’s currently wearing, and it’s also a better quality.

“You’ve been practicing,” Yoongi notes, smiling at Hoseok.

Hoseok laughs when Yoongi switches out of the first one into his new one, probably amused by how big it still is on Yoongi. “I’m sorry,” Hoseok says, nuzzling in for a kiss. “I really need to work on the measurements.”

“But don’t I look ridiculously cute in the over-sized sweater?” Yoongi asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Yes,” Hoseok says, kissing him again. “Super, ridiculously cute.”

 

Jihoon’s POV

        “So…there’s one more surprise,” Jungkook says as he unlocks the door to their apartment. “And I just…I hope you don’t get mad at me for this, but…”

Jihoon doesn’t have a clue what Jungkook is talking about at first, but then he notices a couples of small bowls on the floor. “You got a dog?” Jihoon questions, looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook shakes his head. “Guess again.” He says, pointing in a direction toward the corner of the room, and Jihoon notices a litter box. “I remember you mentioning a cat once, so I thought that you actually really wanted one—” and Jihoon did. He really kind of wanted a cat. “—so I decided to get you one. I picked her up and brought her here when I went to pick Jojo noona up.”

“Where is she?” Jihoon asks, excited to see what kind of cat Jungkook got for him.

“I don’t know.” Jungkook shrugs. “Somewhere around here.”

Right on cue, the little kitten comes running down the hall, and Jihoon recognizes the breed immediately. It’s a Ragdoll, just like one that Jihoon used to have when he was a kid. He never told Jungkook about that cat, so he wonders if Jungkook chose the breed on coincidence or if he talked to Jihoon’s mother to make the selection. Of course, it doesn’t really matter how Jungkook came to choose the breed.

“She’s so cute.” Jihoon says, rushing over to pick her up. “Does she have a name?”

“Marble.” Jungkook says. “Unless you don’t like it.”

“I love it.” Jihoon says, thinking it’s the perfect name for such a cute kitten. He kisses the kitten’s cheek before looking at Jungkook again. “Horses and a cat,” He says, thinking about the animals that Jungkook had gotten for him so far. “I really think I got lucky ending up with you.”

“Even if you never let me get a dog,” Jungkook says, stepping closer. “I still think I’m the lucky one.” He says, and kisses Jihoon.