Coffee Love #31 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #31 - No Good Day
Word Count: 2,198

Date in Chapter: 2017 March 20

Note: Happens two days after Coffee Love #30. This is Yoongi getting back to work after Hoseok is gone. It’s only two days into his absence, so Yoongi is still handling it well. No real warnings yet, but they are coming up soon. Enjoy.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        So far, Hoseok had kept to his promise about calling Yoongi every single day. He called when he landed in Daegu, and again that day when he got settled into his room. He FaceTimed Yoongi to let him see the kind of area that he’d be staying in for the next nine months, and he called Yoongi yesterday after lunch to introduce him to one of the friends that he’s already made. Yoongi shouldn’t really be surprised. A bubbly, positive personality like Hoseok makes friends easily. Still, there is that small tiny part of him that’s jealous that Hoseok already seems to be getting along so well without him.

It’s still weird waking up without Hoseok here, and that’s not really something that Yoongi is prepared to get used to. He doesn’t want to get used to waking up in a bad without his husband being next to him. The only company he is greeted with is their dogs, and it’s just not the same. They’re not as warm as Hoseok. Their kisses aren’t as comforting and reassuring as Hoseok’s. They just don’t help him feel as emotionally safe and secure as Hoseok does.

Yoongi is scared. He’d be lying if he said that he wasn’t.

Nine months is a long time, and it’ll be the longest Yoongi has ever went without some sort of intimacy or activities with a partner in…well, for more years than Yoongi cares to count.

It scares him.

A week without Hoseok…he knows he can do that because he’s done it plenty of time before. Either because he has to travel for work or because Hoseok has to travel for dance.

Nine months, however, might be a different story. Yoongi loves Hoseok and Hoseok only, so he sincerely hopes that’s enough to resist any temptations that might arise, but still…

He’s scared.

His worries and fears aren’t even eased when he sits up in bed. The dogs are lying at the foot, and they just lift their heads to look at him when he sits up. With Hoseok here, they’d both be really happy and jumping up and Yoongi in the face. Now that their ball of sunshine has been gone for two days, the dogs aren’t excited anymore.

“Good morning to you, too.” Yoongi says when they both, simultaneously, rest their heads back on the mattress.

Dogs are supposed to bring joy to people’s lives. They’re supposed to teach people how to enjoy life again, but…with the way they’re acting right now, Yoongi believe that, without Hoseok, there’s no reason to enjoy anything.

“Come on, you two.” Yoongi says, sliding off the bed so he can begin his morning routine of getting ready for work. “You’re coming with me today.”

 

Jungkook’s POV

        “Jungkook.” Jihoon groans, wrapping his arms around Jungkook’s waist and snuggling closer to the taller one. The way he snuggles in and makes himself comfortable doesn’t seem like he’s ready to get up. Jungkook is fine with that because he’s not really that ready to get up either. “It’s time to wake up.”

“I don’t want to.” Jungkook whines. He rolls over in Jihoon’s hold, and he throws one arm over Jihoon’s waist as well, nuzzling his face into Jihoon’s hair and taking in his scent. His hair always smells nice in the morning—the scent left over from his shower from the night before.

“I don’t want to, either.” Jihoon mumbles. His lips are right against the base of Jungkook’s neck when he says that, and Jungkook can feel every movement and every puff of breath, and it sends a chill down Jungkook’s spine. “Yoongi hyung is going to be in a bad mood today, so I don’t want to go to work.”

“Then don’t.” Jungkook says, wishing it could be as simple as that. “We can just skip everything and enjoy this for the entire day.”

Jihoon sighs, and Jungkook can tell that it’s that type of sigh that people give when they are trying to ready themselves for something that they don’t really want to do, but they’re going to do anyway. “I can’t.” Jihoon refuses. “Yoongi hyung is going to be in a bad mood today, so that means he won’t be going easy on me if I don’t show up at all. He has to live his life without Hoseok right next to him, but I skip the day to spend it with you…yeah. He wouldn’t be too happy about that.”

He’s right, Jungkook knows.

“You know what?” Jungkook says, squeezing Jihoon tightly. “I really hate responsibilities.”

He really does.

Another sigh comes from Jihoon, but this time it’s one of affection.

“I know.” He says, and Jungkook can feel his lips stretch up into the tiniest little smile. “You’re lucky Seokjin hyung is your boss. Anyone else would have fired you already.”

“Hey,” Jungkook says, slapping Jihoon on the . The smaller one squeaks in surprise, and Jungkook only feels bad for a second. He changes his mind about feeling bad when Jihoon tries to nuzzle in closer, despite already being as close as physically possible, and he presses a kiss to the base of Jungkook’s neck. “I might not like my responsibilities, but I show up to work and work hard everyday. There’s no reason to fire me.”

Jihoon is quiet for a minute. “I guess that’s true.” Jihoon agrees. “You think about skipping work and class a lot more often than we actually do it.”

“You’re thinking about it now.” Jungkook says, knowing. “Aren’t you?”

“We can’t.” Jihoon says, but in a way that confirms Jungkook’s statement. “Seriously, Yoongi hyung will double my work load if I skip today of all days.”

Jihoon seems pretty comfortable, and he doesn’t seem like he’s going to be moving anytime soon. Instead of getting up and getting ready like Jungkook knows they should, he lies there and hopes that Jihoon eventually falls back asleep and forgets about his responsibilities for one day.

“Jungkook, seriously.” Jihoon says after a few minutes of quiet, catching onto Jungkook’s plan a little too easily. “We can’t do this.”

Jungkook doesn’t respond. He pretends to still be asleep, and he knows that he’s won this time when Jihoon sighs a small ‘whatever’ and nuzzles into him again.

 

Jimin’s POV

        “Jiminie,” Taehyung hums, rolling on top of the smaller one when he gets his alarm clock shut off. “Sweet angel Jimin.” Taehyung says, pressing his lips against Jimin’s cheek.

Jimin opens his eyes to look up at the younger one lying on top of him, and he smiles when he sees Taehyung’s cheeky grin. Why is he so ing cute?

“Taetae.” Jimin says back, wrapping his arms around his husband, and he tilts his head back for a proper kiss.

“You know, I’ve been thinking…”

Oh. That’s not good. It’s never good when Taehyung does any sort of thinking.

“I know you’re going to hate me for saying this, but I don’t want you to work anymore.”

“What?” Jimin asks, pushing himself up onto his elbows, forcing Taehyung to sit up. He glares at the younger, wondering what the hell he is implying.

“I mean…BAP Games is great an everything…” Taehyung says. “And I think Yongguk hyung takes care of you, but he doesn’t offer you enough room for advancement.”

“I was offered a promotion.” Jimin points out.

If you took a class and got credit for it, but look how that turned out.” Taehyung says, bringing that back up again. Jimin just wants to forget all about that, but Taehyung is really good about bringing up things Jimin would rather not remember.

“So…I’ll have another opportunity in the future.” Jimin assures him.

Taehyung shakes his head. “You know, we created a game together.” Taehyung says. “And we’re still making money from it. When we made that…you were the project manager, the programmer, the debugger, and the artist, and I’m probably forgetting a few things. But…what are you doing with BAP Games?”

“Making more money than we are from our tiny little app game.” Jimin says.

“My point is…” Taehyung says, clearly annoyed with Jimin right now. “You could work on your own projects and make more money from things that you want to do if you weren’t working for Yongguk hyung. Right now, you don’t have the time to do that because you’re working so hard all the time. If you quit and stayed at home, you’d be able to start your own little company, and…hell, you’d probably wind up making more than you are with BAP Games right now.”

“Taehyung…” Jimin says on a sigh. “I don’t think we can live off of your paycheck alone.”

“We can.” Taehyung assures him. “I mean, we’ll have to stop taking so many trips to Burger King and musicals, but we can live off of my paycheck. Just…think about it, Jimin. I think you were much happier with your work when it was what you wanted to do, and not what the company assigned to you.”

“I’ll think about it.” Jimin says, pushing the younger one off of him. “But I still have to go to work today.”

And he doesn’t talk to Taehyung about it for the remainder of the morning before leaving for work.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        Even with Jinhee in their life, Seokjin and Namjoon still like to have their morning breakfast together. While Namjoon was taking time off work, the morning breakfast was spent with Seokjin coming home for breakfast. Now, Namjoon drops Jinhee off at the daycare and stops by the cafe on his way to work. It’s their old tradition, and it’s not changing.

He stops by the cafe this morning, and Seokjin is just as happy to see him. It doesn’t matter how long they do this or how many breakfasts they share at their usual table, each one will be just as special and meaningful as the last.

“How do you think Yoongi is doing?” Seokjin asks, concerned about their friend.

“Well, it’s only day two, and he’s gone a week without Hoseok before, so…I’m going to say that he’s doing well right now.” Namjoon says. “But I don’t think he’ll be doing so well when a month passes.”

“Do you think he’ll…”

Namjoon’s look must have silenced Seokjin because he stops right there and doesn’t say anymore. Namjoon knew where Seokjin was going to go with that, and the fact that he thinks Yoongi would ever do something like that to Hoseok is really irritating. He knows how much Yoongi cares about Hoseok. Hoseok is the only person he’s ever been loyal to, and he’d be an idiot to that up because Hoseok is going to be away for nine months.

“I’d be more concerned about Yoongi hyung’s wellbeing.” Namjoon says. “No, I don’t think he’ll mess around and up the best thing that’s ever happened to him, but I do think that Hoseok’s absence will bring up some things that Yoongi hyung would rather just leave in the past.”

The hurtful look on Seokjin’s face kind of makes Namjoon feel bad for reacting like that, but he’s not about to apologize.

“I’m just saying…you worry about your best friend, and it’s only natural for me to do the same.” Seokjin says.

There’s an awkward silence for a few moments before Seokjin speaks again.

“I think Jungkook is going to skip work today.” He says.

Namjoon looks at him curiously. “Why?” He asks, wondering how Seokjin just comes up with something like that.

Seokjin shrugs, shoving some eggs into his mouth. “He keeps messaging me, asking me what I think about you getting a tattoo.” Seokjin tells him. “So, I don’t think he’s in class. Unless his class was cancelled, that means he’s skipping. If he’s skipping class, he won’t be coming to work.”

“So…what do you think about me getting a tattoo?” Namjoon asks, completely disregarding everything else Seokjin said.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        “You know…you don’t have to FaceTime me every time you call.” Yoongi says. He’s in a much better mood than he had been all day—Hoseok is able to do that to him. A simple call from the younger can completely turn his mood around.

“What? You don’t want to see my face?” Hoseok asks, doing that ugly pout/fake cry thing he does when Yoongi says something mean.

“Not if you’re going to make faces like that.” Yoongi tells him. “Look cute for me, and I’ll be happy.”

Hoseok smiles into the camera. “Hyung, you’re already happy. I can tell.” Hoseok says.

“Am not.” Yoongi insists. “I haven’t had a very good day at all today.”

Hoseok rests his elbows on the table and his chin in the palm of his hands. “Well, tell me all about your no good, awful, very bad day, then.” Hoseok says, amused. “You know your ing is what I miss the most when I can’t be with you.”

It’s hard to be in a y mood when Hoseok is all cute like that, but Yoongi tries his best. “Well, it all starts with this morning…”