Coffee Love #30 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #30 - Good Company
Word Count: 2,672

Date in Chapter: 2017 March 18

Note: The end of spring break. (We will probably have bonus chapters about spring break for Jitae and Junghoon if you guys want them.) Introduction to the next part of the Yoonseok ark. This is where it gets serious with angst and stuff, so be warned. This ark has a few parts to it, and we’ll be posting warnings on each chapter. For this chapter, no warning…except that Hoseok is leaving, and Yoongi really doesn’t want him to. (Also, extremely short…only one POV per couple.)

 

Jungkook’s POV

        After spending one week with Jihoon and his family, Jungkook has already decided that he doesn’t really like them that much. Even when each of them finally welcomed Jungkook to the family, they still said some fairly offensive things—mostly to Jihoon. He won’t admit to it, but Jungkook knows that it bothers him. He can tell.

When his cousin told him: “I would have thought you’d be the man in the relationship.” Jihoon pretended to take it as a compliment, flattered that his cousin acknowledges that he has the qualities to be “the man” in the relationship—whatever that means. Jungkook could see, however, how the implication of gender-specific roles irritated Jihoon.

When his aunt pointed out the obvious—that they won’t be able to have children of their own, Jihoon kindly explained that they could adopt if nothing else. His aunt stated that adopted children could never be loved as much as real children, and Jihoon assured her that he would love his kids no matter what. He later admitted to Jungkook that he was afraid that their children wouldn’t be accepted as easily into the family as his cousin’s children—he even stated that his own father would probably favor Hyunwoo’s children.

His uncle was probably the most annoying one. He was so bad that he got on Jungkook’s nerves, and it took every ounce of Jungkook’s strength to not lash out at him. When the guys all went outside for drinks while the women were in the kitchen cooking, Jihoon’s uncle told Jihoon to go inside with the women. It annoyed Jungkook even more that his father didn’t say anything in defense of his son, instead he just let his brother pick on Jihoon like that.

Jihoon’s grandmother, now, is probably Jungkook’s favorite person in the world apart from Jihoon himself. She was so sweet and kind and understanding. When everyone kept giving Jihoon a hard time about Jungkook, she was the one who stepped in with: “It’s such a shame that you all are so caught up in the gender of Jihoon’s fiancé, that you’re blind to how happy Jihoon is because of Jungkook. I don’t know about you all, but I think my grandson’s happiness is much more important than the gender of who he falls in love with.”

Her words were what finally brought everyone to stop their rude and ignorant comments. Everyone apologize for the way they had been talking to Jihoon and Jungkook, and they even formally welcomed Jungkook into the family.

Now, at the end of the break, Jihoon and Jungkook have to return home. To their apartment. Which ultimately means saying goodbye to Jihoon’s relatives. Jungkook wishes that this whole experience could have been better for Jihoon, but he’s glad that everything worked out in the end.

“Since you and Jungkook are both country boys, are you planning on moving back here when you’re both done with school and everything?” Hyunwoo asks as they all stand outside, loading their bags into Jihoon’s dad’s car.

“I don’t know yet.” Jihoon says, but Jungkook knows that there’s an implied ‘but I hope so’ in there. Jihoon loves the farm, and he loves all the animals—especially the horses. He knows that the elder dreams of living in the countryside again. It’s much more laid back from their incredibly busy city lifestyles. “It depends if Jungkook and I can find good work opportunities here.”

“Well, whatever.” Hyunwoo says, nudging Jihoon’s head and earning a glare from the smaller one. “Just make sure you come visit us often. I mean it. I haven’t seen you in over a year.” He turns to Jungkook. “Take care. And make sure this kid remembers to eat when he gets busy. I know how easily he gets caught up in his work.”

“Oh, I know.” Jungkook assures him.

Jihoon’s father tries closing the trunk of the car, but Jihoon has his hand resting on it. Jungkook doesn’t know if either of them realize it, so he grabs Jihoon’s hand and pulls him away to prevent his fingers from getting crushed.

“Just like his father.” His grandmother says, and Jungkook assumes that she must be talking about Jihoon’s workaholic tendencies that seem to run in the family—after all, Yoongi is the same way. She walks up to Jungkook and Jihoon, and she grabs Jungkook’s face to pull him down for a kiss on the cheek before doing the same to Jihoon, but without having to bring him down to her level. “It was so nice meeting you, Jungkook. I’m glad to see that my grandson knows how to pick ‘em.”

“Why do I get the feeling you’re flirting with my fiancé?” Jihoon asks, glaring at his grandmother.

She covers her moth cutely, as if she’s embarrassed that she got caught, and Jungkook smiles amusedly at the both of them. “Was I too obvious?” She asks, and Jihoon keeps glaring. “Well, can you blame me? Look at him!”

Jihoon does look at Jungkook, and he gets the biggest grin on his face when he does so. “I guess I don’t blame you,” Jihoon says, looking back at his grandmother. “But don’t you try anything.” He warns, but he’s unsuccessful when he tries to remove the smile from his face.

She just pats Jihoon’s shoulder, a warm smile on her face. “Oh, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.” She says, looking up at Jungkook. “He’s a loyal one. I can tell. Grandmothers can always tell.”

“Guys,” Jungkook whines, feeling awkward with them talking like that with him right there. “I’m right here. I can hear every word you’re saying.”

“He gets shy when people compliment him.” Jihoon says, hugging Jungkook around the waist.

“Well, we better get going if you two don’t want to miss your flight.” Jihoon’s father says once he returns outside for whatever he went in for—Jungkook never even saw him leave.

They wrap up their goodbyes, and they get into the vehicle with some difficulty. The animals are always upset to see Jihoon go, and Buddy actually ends up jumping in the car with him. His father decides to let him stick along for the ride just to have a last few moments with Jihoon, who is his favorite person.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        Maybe it’s still a little soon after his accident to be leaving on airplane to go to Deagu, where the residency training will be held. The doctor already told them that Hoseok should have no trouble flying, so Hoseok isn’t going to put the residency off any longer. Now that they’re accepting new residents again, he’s deciding to take it. Otherwise, he knows that it’ll be harder for Yoongi to accept.

Since it’s in Yoongi’s hometown, Hoseok has been trying to convince Yoongi to come up there and visit hime while he’s training, and the only thing Yoongi ever replies with is: “If I have the time.”

Now they’re at the airport together, and Yoongi had been holding Hoseok’s hand since he got out of the vehicle. If Yoongi doesn’t come to visit, this will be the last time that they see each other for the next nine months. Hoseok squeezes Yoongi’s hand when they get inside the building, and the time for him to check in comes closer. He’s not ready to let go of Yoongi’s hand yet.

“Come visit me,” Hoseok says once more before trying to let go of Yoongi’s hand. Yoongi doesn’t let him. He tightens his own hold on Hoseok’s hand.

“I will.” Yoongi assures him, and he pulls Hoseok into a hug. He throws his arms over Hoseok’s shoulder, burying his face in Hoseok’s neck and inhaling as if to take in the younger’s scent. “Even if I’m busy, I’ll definitely find time to visit you.”

Hoseok nuzzles into Yoongi’s cheek, an affectionate smile on his face. “I’m sure you’ll be able to find time.” Hoseok says. “It’s nine months. I doubt you’ll be busy that whole time.”

Yoongi is the first to let go, but he hesitates before doing so. “Hurry up and check in.” Yoongi says, nodding to the computer. “I don’t want you to be late.”

Of course this is different from all of the times that Hoseok has left for dance trips. It’s hard to leave Yoongi even then, but so much harder right now. He knows that he’ll be back in nine months, and he’s even certain that Yoongi will visit him in that time, but…

“I love you, Hyung.” Hoseok says, giving one simple kiss to Yoongi before grabbing his suitcase. “I’ll call you when I land, yeah?”

Yoongi nods as Hoseok walks away.

Hoseok only turns around when he reaches the queue, and his heart sinks in his chest when he sees Yoongi still standing there, watching him.

“Hyung,” Hoseok calls after him just before Yoongi turns around to leave.

“Hyung!” He calls once more, leaving his bags where they are as he runs after Yoongi.

Yoongi turns around to face Hoseok, tears in his eyes and streaming down his face. Hoseok isn’t used to Yoongi crying when he leaves, and he can’t just leave him like that.

“Don’t cry, Hyung.” Hoseok says, hugging Yoongi once more.

Yoongi buries his face in Hoseok’s chest, gripping onto Hoseok’s shirt. “Why do you have leave right after I get you back?” He asks, his whole body shaking as he cries.

Hoseok doesn’t know how to respond to that. There’ really much ways to comfort Yoongi when he has to be checked in for his flight in a few minutes. A part of him wants to stay, but he knows that he can’t. He knows that he has to do this. He has to at least try.

“I’ll be back before you even know it.” Hoseok promises, kissing Yoongi’s cheek. “I’ll call you every single day. No matter how tired I am, I will call you.”

“You don’t have to call everyday.” Yoongi says. “Just when you have time.”

“I will call you everyday, Hyung.” Hoseok insists. “I won’t be able to sleep without knowing that you’re eating well and staying alive.”

Finally, Yoongi laughs. “I love you,” He says, nuzzling in for one more kiss.

“I love you, too, Hyung.” Hoseok says, pressing his lips to Yoongi’s. “Now I’m going to check in before it’s too late. Promise me you’re not going to have another breakdown?”

“Not where you can see me.” Yoongi promises.

“That’s all I ask,” Hoseok says, kissing his cheek before walking away.

He successfully makes it onto the plane, and he pulls out his iPod to listen to some music. It’s not going to be a very long flight, but anything seems longer without music to help pass the time. When he gets his iPod out of his laptop bag, he sees that there’s a little sticky note on it. “Don’t give up. I know you can accomplish anything if you really set your mind to it, so just try your best! I’ll still be here when you get back. Love, Yoongi.”

It’s only then that Hoseok feels the small little sting of tears in his eyes. No, it might not be the longest, most elaborate, and most romantic note out there, but it’s so Yoongi. And the fact that he even thought to sneak it into Hoseok’s bag at some point. This is going to be a long nine months.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        “He sure took after you.” Seokjin says, looking through the baby clothes.

He and Namjoon are at the mall, shopping for some new clothes for Jinhee because he’s already outgrowing almost everything he already owns. He’s only going to be three months old at the beginning of next month, and he’s already moving up a size.

“The fact that he’s growing just means he’s healthy.” Namjoon assures his husband, and he taps Jinhee on the nose. They weren’t about to call a babysitter to watch Jinhee so they can go clothes shopping for him. They like to bring Jinhee out with them when they can.

“He’s going to be tall, just like you.” Seokjin says, probably ignoring Namjoon’s comment about his health. “I wonder if he’s going to be smart, just like you, too.” A smile on his face. “He’ll get all the ladies if he has your smarts.”

“Or he’ll wind up doing everyone’s homework.” Namjoon adds. “But I guess he won’t be doing that if he takes after you.”

Seokjin glares at Namjoon, clearly wondering if he should be offended or not. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?” He asks, raising an eyebrow.

“All I’m saying is,” Namjoon says, picking Jinhee up out of the seat when he starts to make small whining sounds. “You don’t let people push you around.”

“Oh,” Seokjin says as if that clears everything up. “I sure don’t.”

Just as Namjoon gets Jinhee adjusted in his arm, his phone starts ringing. He holds Jinhee in one arm and fishes his phone out of his pocket with his free hand.

“Jiho?” Seokjin asks.

“Yoongi hyung.” Namjoon says, and he answers the phone, knowing that Yoongi is probably calling because he’s already missing Hoseok. “What’s up, Hyung?”

“Where are you?” Is the first thing Yoongi says, not even offering a greeting. “I tried coming to your house, but you’re not home.”

“I’m at the mall with Seokjin hyung.” Namjoon tells him. “We’re going to go grab something to eat once we’re done buying some new clothes for Jinhee. You know, if you want to join.”

Namjoon gives Seokjin a questioning look to silently ask if that’s fine, and Seokjin shrugs.

“If you guys don’t mind.” Yoongi says. “I don’t really want to go home yet, and you two are the easiest couple to hang out with. Cheesy and lame as , but at least I never feel lonely when I’m with you guys.”

That’s what Namjoon likes about Seokjin. It’s easy to tell that they’re a couple and that they care about each other, but they don’t have to show it by being all over each other when they’re together with their friends or family or just other people in general. They like to be good company.

“We don’t mind at all.” Namjoon says. “Just come to the mall, and we’ll meet you in the food court when you get here.”

 

Jimin’s POV

        “Kim Taehyung!” Jimin shrieks when his feet come up off the floor—Taehyung carrying him into their apartment bridal style. “Put me down!”

Jimin expects them to be tackled by their little pooch, but he remembers that she’s at Namjoon and Seokjin’s place only after they come home to a quiet apartment. They couldn’t have really left their dog alone for an entire week.

“Stop squirming,” Taehyung says, and he struggles to not drop Jimin. “I’m trying to be smooth.”

He does end up dropping Jimin, but Jimin, thankfully, is able to balance himself on his feet before dropping to his . “If I wanted someone smooth, I would have taken Sungjae back.” Jimin assures him.

Taehyung glares at the smaller one. Taehyung likes to think that his glares are the most intimidating in the world, but Jimin just finds them to be the cutest. Especially because he seems to get this clueless look on his face, even though he’s not confused about anything. He knows that Taehyung wants to be taken seriously, but Jimin just can’t do it sometimes.

“Mention his name again, Park Jimin, and I just might have to make you forget even your own name.” Taehyung warns.

“I can’t forget it,” Jimin says, smiling playfully. “Not when it sounds so good coming from your lips.”

“You’re asking for it.” Taehyung says, and he steps toward Jimin. “We’re about to have a spanking party.”

Kim Taehyung. Obsessed with Jimin’s and spanking.

Jimin steps back, laughing. “You have to catch me first.” He cheers, and he turns around to run when Taehyung tries to reach for him.