Coffee Stains #2 (YoonSeok)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Stains #2 - That Feeling
Word Count: 2,494

Date in Chapter: 2013 December (Various days)

Note: Before Yoongi and Hoseok start dating. Yoongi falling strongly for Hoseok. Switches POVs.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Other than for fashion, the colder months have always been Yoongi’s least favorite. It’s weird because he actually likes staying at home and not doing anything, but the winter months are so much worse because they keep him at home even when he doesn’t want to be there.

That is, until he’s spending the first winter months with Jung Hoseok, whom he had met in September of that year. It’s only three months later, and Yoongi already finds himself warming up to the other—a lot faster as the days get colder and the warmth becomes a more literal, physical kind of warmth that Hoseok offers. The cold months are becoming a lot warmer these days.

They spend much of their days together. When Yoongi’s not working, he’s usually with Hoseok. Recently, Hoseok had been filling in Yoongi’s time where Namjoon used to be—the other getting more serious into this relationship he has with Seokjin, Hoseok’s best friend. Oddly enough, Yoongi doesn’t hate it. He finds himself enjoying Hoseok’s company even more than he had ever enjoyed that of his best friend, and, for Yoongi, that says a lot.

When the first week of December rolls around, Hoseok warns Yoongi that he’ll have to focus a lot of his time and energy to the dance class and his work at the cafe. Apparently the fashion industry isn’t the only place that gets a lot busier during the winter months. Still, he can’t shake the feeling that this is Hoseok’s subtle way of telling Yoongi that they’ve been spending too much time together, and he wants to take a break.

That’s the feeling that Yoongi gets until the sixth comes around. It’s a Friday, and Yoongi knows that Hoseok usually hosts his dance classes on Fridays, so he’s a little shocked when Hoseok asks him to come out to the studio so he can see the different things they’ve been working on. Yoongi tries to refuse, but Hoseok begs, telling him that he has a student who really wants to meet him. Despite being widely popular in the area, it’s not often that Yoongi gets any sort of request to meet a fan. He can’t refuse.

He had been to Hoseok’s studio before on a few different occasions, but he never realized how small it was until he saw it full of his students. Yoongi knows that Hoseok would get a bigger studio for them if he could afford it, and it hurts to see him sufficing with this small space just so these kids can have a place to dance.

“Yoongi hyung,” Hoseok greets Yoongi when he arrives at the studio. He brings one of the students with him. He’s taller than Yoongi, but he’s really cute. Especially when he smiles. “This is Jungkook, the one I was telling you about.”

Jungkook doesn’t say anything right away. He just smiles at Yoongi, and he offers a little wave. Yoongi smiles back. “Hoseok tells me that you’re the main dancer?” Yoongi asks.

“One of them.” Jungkook says back. “There are three of us.”

“Do you mind if I watch?” Yoongi asks, interested. Though he may not actually like to dance, Yoongi knows a good dancer when he sees one.

Jungkook hesitates at first, but Hoseok pushes him away, smiling. “Come in and sit down,” He says, pulling Yoongi into the studio. “We’ll show you what we’re working on for an upcoming benefit show.”

Other than the floor, there’s no where to sit, so that’s where Yoongi sits. He watches Hoseok as he goes over to the iPod play, and he selects the songs that they’ll be dancing to. Despite the songs being Christmas songs, the dances are actually fairly impressive. Yoongi expected Hoseok to come and sit with him, but he doesn’t. He dances with the students instead.

At the end of the first set of songs, Hoseok orders his students to take a break. Jungkook skips directly toward Yoongi, and he sits down. “You were good.” Yoongi says.

“Don’t lie.” Jungkook says. “You weren’t even watching me.”

“I did.”

“Your eyes were on Hoseokie hyung the whole time.” Jungkook points out.

Yoongi might have watched Hoseok a majority of the time, but he did see Jungkook dance. He was up front and in the center most of the time, so it was impossible not to have taken notice of him. Yoongi meant it when he said that it was good.

The music starts up again, and this time it’s not a Christmas Song, but a song that Yoongi introduced him to shortly after they started seeing each other. He said that he’d like to make a dance to this song, and Yoongi assumes that this is it.

Jungkook nudges Yoongi as Hoseok dances, and Yoongi turns his head in Jungkook’s direction without taking his eyes off of Hoseok. “He made this dance for you.” Jungkook tells Yoongi. “I can tell. I’ve never seen him dance like that before.”

Yoongi can’t tell a difference. He always sees Hoseok dance like that.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        The further it gets into December, the busier Hoseok’s days get. Being done with school for the year means having more time to focus on working at the cafe and dancing, but it doesn’t mean having more time in general. He’s never been the best at dealing with stress, and he would love to give up the work at the cafe, but he knows that there’s no way he can afford to do that. Not with how little money he’s making from dancing.

His favorite parts of his day are when Yoongi comes into the cafe. It’s so different now that they can actually meet each other for things like talking and just hanging out. It’s nice to know that he actually wants to see Hoseok now.

From the beginning, Hoseok could tell that Yoongi was a warm guy. He just needed a chance to help Yoongi discover that for himself as well as prove to everyone else that it was true. Especially Seokjin, who hated Yoongi more than anything.

A smile spreads across Hoseok’s face as Yoongi enters the cafe just an hour before Hoseok’s shift is supposed to end. Seokjin is long gone, having worked the morning shift as always, so that’s not a problem. “Hi,” Yoongi says as he takes a seat at the counter.

“Hi,” Hoseok says, turning his full attention to Yoongi. Probably his favorite part about working in a customer focused place of business is that he can actually afford to give his full attention to Yoongi as long as it’s for business. “Are you going to want the usual, or—”

“You know, I think I actually want to try something sweeter this time.” Yoongi says. His typical order is an Americano. It’s not even a typical order. It’s the only thing Hoseok had ever seen him order here or anywhere else when they go out together. “Let me try…a caramel macchiato this time.”

“Coming right up.” Hoseok says, and he punches in the order into the register. Yoongi hands him a twenty and tells him to keep the change. Naturally, Hoseok tries to protest, but Yoongi points out that it’s the month of Christmas. It’s okay to be a little generous on his part and a little selfish on Hoseok’s.

“Do you…have any plans after work?” Yoongi asks as Hoseok slides the finished drink across the counter.

“Well, it’s a Tuesday, so no.” Hoseok says. “Other than showering and going to bed at some point.”

“Does it matter where?” Yoongi asks, and Hoseok can only wonder if he’s low-key asking Hoseok to stay the night with him.

“I suppose not.”

“Anyway, that’s not what I wanted to ask.” Yoongi waves his hand, bringing himself back to his original topic. “There’s something I want to show you, so I wanted to know if you had time.”

Hoseok does have time. Even if he didn’t have time, he unintentionally cleared his schedule for Yoongi, and he finds himself in Yoongi’s car, driving out to some tall building after Hoseok’s shift ended at the cafe. Hoseok recognizes the building as one of the many in the city that rent out studios for various purposes, and he only has one guess as to why Yoongi would be bringing him to a place like this—and he’s almost positive it doesn’t have anything to do with Yoongi’s business.

“Hyung, I—”

“Come on,” Yoongi cuts him off before he can get much out. “I don’t normally do things like this, but I felt like it.”

Hoseok unfastens his seatbelt and gets out with Yoongi, following him into the building. The building is mostly quiet. There’s someone working at the front desk, but, other than that, it doesn’t seem like there’s a soul roaming around at this time of the night. Yoongi leads Hoseok onto the elevator and takes him up to one of the higher floors—Hoseok doesn’t think to pay attention to the floor number at the moment.

A small, nervous feeling takes Hoseok by surprise as he steps off of the elevator. It’s only now that he registers how nice this building is. Everything looks up-to-date, and the halls are a lot wider than where his dinky studio is located. It’s a lot brighter in here than in Hoseok’s building, too. Yoongi leads him to one of the doors, and he unlocks it to let Hoseok in.

Hoseok’s worst fear becomes a reality when he walks into a large dance studio. It’s like four of his tiny studio put together. There’s a large mirror that covers the full wall, which is standard in studios, but Hoseok’s old studio didn’t come with one. He had to buy and have it installed himself, and it only covered half of the wall because he couldn’t afford the whole thing. In the corner of the room, there’s a couch, and there’s even an area that leads to lockers and showers. And a bathroom. Their own personal bathroom that his dancers wouldn’t have to share with anyone else.

“Hyung…” Surely Yoongi didn’t get this for him.

“It was hard to watch your dancers in your studio.” Yoongi says. “I know your class isn’t that big, but they deserve better than that.”

“Yeah, but I can’t—”

“I don’t want you to worry about that.” Yoongi tells him. “It’s not a problem for me to pay and keep this open for you.”

“I can’t accept this…” Hoseok says. Studio prices was one of the first things Hoseok ever looked at when he moved to the city, and he knows that he could never dream of affording a studio like this.

“Then don’t accept it for yourself.” Yoongi suggests. “Accept it for your students. They deserve a better place to dance.”

“I really hate you.” Hoseok sighs, and he hopes that Yoongi understands that he doesn’t mean that.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Hoseok had been to a few fashion events with Yoongi, but this is the first time Hoseok had ever invited Yoongi out to one of his shows. It’s a small show for a school, and there aren’t even that many people here. When Yoongi had asked him why he puts on shows like that for even small groups of people, Hoseok said that he love any opportunity that allows for him to show his dance. Yoongi doesn’t understand that. Hoseok could get a lot more recognition if he chose bigger shows.

After the show, Yoongi tells Hoseok that he’ll take him out to dinner. Having been at Hoseok’s place before and seeing the situation he lives in, he knows that Hoseok can’t afford any good meals—mostly having to survive on packs of ramen. Not really healthy for a person who dances and uses as much energy as he does, which is why Yoongi had been trying to treat him to meals more and more these days. When Hoseok’s not too worn out, he usually accepts.

The younger one is putting his duffle bag in the back of Yoongi’s car when a man approaches them. Yoongi doesn’t know him, so he steps forward to stand next to Hoseok in case he tries anything funny. “Hey, I just saw your show, and I think it was quite nice.” He says to Hoseok.

“Thanks,” Hoseok says, smiling at the other. Yoongi takes note that it’s a smile he hadn’t seen on Hoseok before. One that almost looks like he’s faking it, like this man is making him feel uncomfortable but he doesn’t want him to know it.

He pulls out a card and hands it to Hoseok. “I’m looking for an act for a Christmas party,” He says. “I’ll pay you good money if you accept.”

Yoongi looks at the card over Hoseok’s shoulder. It’s a card for the event, and it happens to be on the same day that Hoseok is doing the benefit show. He’s not getting paid for the benefit show, however, so Yoongi expects him to take it. “Sorry, I’ve got a different event for that night.” Hoseok says, handing the card back to the man.

“Wait,” He says, grabbing Hoseok’s wrist as the dancer tries to turn around. The way he does it makes Yoongi so angry for some reason, a fire burning in the pit of his stomach. “You didn’t even hear my offer.”

“I’m not interested.” Hoseok says, jerking his hand back.

“Five hundred dollars.” The man offers. “Up front. Right now. And I’ll add three hundred to it when the event is done.”

“No thanks,” Hoseok doesn’t even hesitate to decline the offer, and he heads to the passenger side of Yoongi’s car.

“How about—”

“That’s enough.” Yoongi says, pushing the man backward before he could go for Hoseok again. “No means no.”

Yoongi gets in the car with Hoseok, and he starts it up before he looks at the younger one. “Why didn’t you take the offer?” Yoongi asks, knowing that eight hundred dollars would be more than enough money to pay for Hoseok’s rent for a month.

“Because I have a prior commitment.” Hoseok says.

“But you’re not getting paid for it.” Yoongi points out.

“That doesn’t matter.” Hoseok tells him. “When I make a commitment to someone, I keep it. I’m thankful enough that I have an opportunity to show my dance, and no amount of money could be more rewarding.”

When he looks at Hoseok that time, he feels like he’s seeing him for the first time. He’s so much more beautiful than Yoongi had remembered him being before. Maybe because, this time, when he looks at Hoseok, he’s not just seeing him on the outside, but for the person he is on the inside, and he’s sure that he likes this person. Even more than that, he’s glad that he gave himself the chance to get close enough to Hoseok to be able to see him like this.