Coffee Love #23 (JiTae)

Coffee Love 4

Coffee Love #23 - Stronger
Word Count: 7,256

Date in Chapter: 2017 February 4

Note: Continuation of the JiTae thing. Longer chapter. We tried a new method of writing (it’s the same style, just different on our part). So we’re hoping it makes the chapters longer and gives each couple more parts. All the couples have pretty big parts/discussions in this chapter.

 

Jimin’s POV

        There are a lot of things different about Taehyung when comparing their relationship to everyone Jimin has ever had before. The most notable being how comfortable Jimin feels with him. He never feels the need to dress up real cute or try too hard to make a good impression on Taehyung, not that going that extra mile isn’t nice sometimes. Things are never awkward between them. Okay. Hardly ever awkward, but, when Kim Taehyung is your boyfriend, it’s impossible to never have awkward moments. Jimin lives for those moments.

Sort of like waking up this morning. Jimin is eventually pulled from his goodnight’s sleep because Taehyung keeps groping him between his legs. When Jimin opens his eyes to say something, snap at his boyfriend for being so inappropriate while Jimin is trying to sleep, he realizes that Taehyung isn’t even awake. He’s fondling Jimin in his sleep.

“Kim Taehyung,” Jimin gasps when Taehyung squeezes. He grabs the younger’s wrist to stop him, and he rolls himself on top of Taehyung. “Taetae,” Jimin says. “Wake up.”

Taehyung takes in a deep breath as his eyes flutter open, looking up at Jimin tiredly. He’s always so cute in the morning with heavy eyes, looking like he’s still half-asleep. There’s something about Taehyung like this that makes him have a sense of innocence about him. As if Taehyung doesn’t always have that sense of innocence, even while doing not-so-innocent things to Jimin.

“Good morning, sunshine.” Taehyung half-hums half-mumbles, his hands coming up to grab a hold of Jimin’s thighs. “It’s Saturday.” It comes out more like a question than a statement. “Why are you waking me up?”

“Oh, I don’t know.” Jimin leans forward, making sure Taehyung can feel his against his stomach, and he presses a kiss to the younger’s cheek. “Because you were being very inappropriate in your sleep, and you should take responsibility for your actions.”

Taehyung smirks up at him, but it’s a tired smirk. Still, it’s filled with all the same mischief that any smirk by Taehyung is ever filled with. “I should be inappropriate in my sleep more often then.” Taehyung flips their positions and lets his hips roll once, lazily over Jimin’s.

A tiny moan escapes Jimin’s lips as his head just barely cranes back into the pillows. “You really should.” Jimin agrees.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        One of the perks of being the CEO of a record company is getting an invitation to all of the music award shows as they come up. It’s almost mandatory that Namjoon shows up. It just shows good character, especially when his artists aren’t even nominated. He has some artists nominated this time, so it would look worse if he didn’t show up.

For the past few weeks, he’s been doing most of his work from home. Being the executive of the company allows him to do most of his work at home, so it’s going to be weird getting out and actually doing something now.

“Are you excited about next week?” Seokjin asks as he and Namjoon get dressed in the morning.

Now that Jinhee is a month old, they’ll be taking him to a daycare during the day so that Namjoon can actually get back to work. It’s been a while since he’s been back at his company, but Namjoon is honestly looking forward to it.

“I actually am,” Namjoon tells him. “Staying around the house just doesn’t suit me, you know.”

“I thought it was nice.” Seokjin says.

“What about you?” Namjoon asks. “Are you going to start working until five again?”

Now that Namjoon is going back to work, and will be working until five every day, he doesn’t care what Seokjin decides to do. It’s up to him if he wants to stay at work until five.

He doesn’t take too much time to consider it, probably having thought about it over the past month.

“I really liked these short days,” Seokjin says, “But I think I’ll be going back to my twelve hour shifts. It just doesn’t feel right having people work in my place.”

The cafe was Seokjin’s first baby, so it’s really no surprise to Namjoon that he would feel obligated to be the one who works the hardest there. Every one of his employees get significantly less hours than he does, and that’s how he likes it. Seokjin has a lot of pride in his cafe, and, quite honestly, it’s one of the reasons Namjoon fell in love with him.

“That works for me.” Namjoon places a quick kiss on Seokjin’s lips.

Hoseok and Yoongi will be here any minute so that they can babysit Jinhee for the day, so he and Seokjin have to be out there to meet them when they come in.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        “Why do we have to make plans everyday?” Yoongi groans in the morning when his alarm clock starts going off. It’s a Saturday. A day that Yoongi wants to just spend at home and not do anything, but Hoseok insists on having friends and meeting people and being alive. How do they get along again?

“Because having nothing to do is boring.” Hoseok says. He’s already up and dressed, and he’s looking through Yoongi’s side of the closet, probably trying to pick out something he wants Yoongi to wear. A few minutes later, Yoongi gets tossed a regular t-shirt and his only pair of jeans without holes in them.

“I like boring.” Yoongi slips the t-shirt on over his head. “What’s wrong with being boring?”

“Nothing. Every once in a while.” Hoseok assures him. “But we’ve been boring for a while because of all your projects taking up your time. Now that you’re finally caught up, we’re babysitting.”

“Babysitting?” Yoongi actually never knew what the plans for the days were. He’s used to that. He hardly knows what the plans are. He just follows Hoseok and goes with the flow, putting up with whatever Hoseok decides to throw them into—only to probably about it later. Hoseok es about Yoongi’s ing, but Yoongi is sure that he loves it. He wouldn’t do things to make Yoongi so often if he didn’t.

“Yes. Do you have a problem with that?” Hoseok plops down on the bed, watching Yoongi as he gets up to put his pants on.

Yoongi had successfully mastered the art of putting his pants on while still lying in bed, but Hoseok insists that he shouldn’t do it like that—so Yoongi actually gets out of bed to get dressed.

“I don’t have a problem with it, really.” Yoongi assures him as he fastens his jeans. “I just thought we were going to hang out with Namjoon and Seokjin today.”

Hoseok shakes his head. “There’s an award show which a few of Namjoon’s artists got nominated for, so we’re watching Jinhee today so they can go to that.”

“Then why the are we getting up now?” Yoongi glares at his husband, slightly annoyed if Hoseok told him to set his alarm this early for no reason. “The award show doesn’t even start until eight.”

With a smile, Hoseok gets onto his hands and knees on the mattress, and he grabs Yoongi’s hand to pull him toward the bed. When he’s close enough, Hoseok stands up on his knees, and he pulls Yoongi in for a kiss. “We’re getting up now because they have other things to do today, too. They want to go on an actual date together, which they probably haven’t done since even before Jinhee was born.”

“At nine in the ing morning?” Yoongi questions, and Hoseok kisses him again between a laugh.

“Yes, Hyung,” Hoseok says. “At nine in the ing morning.”

Yoongi smiles, nuzzling in for another kiss. “Did I ever tell you how y it is when you swear like that?”

“No, but I always knew that me cursing had to turn you on. At least a little bit.” Hoseok’s arms leave Yoongi’s shoulder, and he gets off of the bed. “But don’t let it drive you too crazy. We have to hurry up and get over there.”

Yoongi has to ask if he at least has time to brush his teeth before they leave, and Hoseok allows him to at least do that.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        The first thought that comes to Jihoon’s mind as he wakes up in the morning is him wondering when it got so damn cold in the apartment. He scoots to the other side of the bed, seeking the warmth that’s always there because Jungkook is never out of bed before Jihoon, and he’s confused when he doesn’t find him lying there. Jihoon feels around on Jungkook’s side of the bed, only opening his eyes when it still comes up empty. Jungkook’s not there.

Empty isn’t exactly the best thing to feel first thing in the morning, but it’s exactly how Jihoon feels when he doesn’t see Jungkook in the room at all. He rolls over to his nightstand to grab his phone and check the time. It’s almost ten in the morning, which is three hours after Jungkook was supposed to be at work. Surely he didn’t actually wake up and go out on his own?

And then Jihoon notices something else on the nightstand. A note. A handwritten note with the word “Smol” and hearts drawn all over the front flap. Jihoon smiles, that empty feeling easing away. Hearts are a good thing, so Jihoon can be rest assured that Jungkook isn’t pissed at him for some unknown reason. 

“Dear Jihoonie hyung,” Another heart is drawn next to Jihoon’s name, only this one has a face drawn on it, and it’s smiling. “I’m sorry for always being such a pain in the morning. It’s a bad habit that I’m trying to break, but you always handle it very well.” A cute, blushing smily face is drawn right there. “I was able to wake up on my own this morning, and you were just too cute for me to even try to get you up. You must not think that I’m very cute while sleeping because you have no problem waking me up.” Jihoon rolls his eyes at that comment. Jungkook is adorable when he’s sleeping, but Jihoon doesn’t have much of a choice. “Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I woke up on my own, and I’ll probably be at the cafe by time you read this. I’m leaving this note so you don’t freak out and think I was kidnapped or ran away in the middle of the night. I love you!! Love, Jeon. P.S. I already fed Marble, so don’t let her trick you into giving her more food just because the bowl is empty.”

As much as Jihoon complains about how difficult Jungkook can be in the morning, he thinks he’d rather deal with that than just wake up to an empty bed. Arguing with a tired and cranky Jungkook is always a great way to start his day, and now he feels like he’s missing that. He doesn’t know what to do.

Well, actually, he does know what to do.

Jungkook always wants Jihoon to come to the cafe when he has time, so Jihoon decides to go and hang out with Jungkook while he works. It’s the least he can do to congratulate Jungkook for taking care of himself for once.

 

Jimin’s POV

And then there’s the cuddling. Taehyung is the absolute best at cuddling. With almost everything else, he may be a little awkward on, but he definitely gives expert cuddles. The way he wraps his arms around Jimin and holds him in a comfortable position as they just lie there together. Not really caring about the rest of the world. Taehyung’s cuddles are still pretty great even when he gets too excited and squeezes the life out of Jimin, smothering his face in kisses, telling him how happy he is that they’re together. That they’ll go on forever.

“I hope not.” Jimin laughs, slapping his best friend’s shoulder. “Just one round with you is exhausting enough.”

“I don’t mean forever like that.” Taehyung assures him. Of course Jimin knows what he means, but he can never resist the temptation to mess with Taehyung every opportunity he gets. “I mean just as us. You and me. We’re a team. We were made to be.”

Jimin lets out a big sigh, smiling fondly at the younger one lying before him. “Why is it that, even when you’re cheesy as hell, I can’t stop smiling?” Really. Jimin knows that he has the stupidest grin on his face, but he can’t bring himself to put it away.

There’s always this sort of feeling with Taehyung. It doesn’t matter if they’re getting along or in the middle of an argument. They can just be lying in bed or actually doing something together. Hell, Taehyung doesn’t even have to be right next to Jimin. Just thinking about him is enough to make Jimin happy. Their arguments don’t feel as lonely as arguments with other people have. Maybe because, instead of fighting against each other, he and Taehyung are fighting with each other—trying to find a solution that will make them both happy, and not just one or the other.

He knows that they’re still young, but he’s positive that it will always be like this. There really is no other person for Jimin, and Jimin is positive that he’s the only one for Taehyung. There’s no way anyone could possibly fit with one of them as well as they just seem to fall into place with each other.

 

Seokjin’s POV

        Hoseok would be Seokjin’s first choice of a babysitter if they ever needed one. The only reason he let Namjoon have Hyuna do it the last time was because they were going to an event for Hoseok, so he couldn’t have done it then.

Seokjin just trusts his best friend more than anyone in the world. Hoseok may not have any experience as a parent, other than with Kijung—which hardly counts—but he knows Seokjin. He knows how Seokjin’s place is organized—where the first aid kit is, where other emergency supplies are—so there’s just a lot less to go over with him.

He’s relieved when Hoseok and Yoongi actually show up on time. Yoongi makes some complaints about having to come over so early in the morning when the award show isn’t even going to happen until the evening, but Namjoon tells him to get over it. You can tell they’re best friends.

“He’s really good and he doesn’t usually cry a lot.” Seokjin tells Hoseok as he hands Jinhee over to him. “He sleeps most of the time, so he really shouldn’t be that troublesome.”

“I got it, Hyung.” Hoseok says. “We’ll be fine. You guys just enjoy your date and have fun at the award show tonight.”

As he speaks, Yoongi takes Jinhee from him. Once the kid is out of his hands, Hoseok gives Seokjin a hug.

“Call me if you need anything.” Seokjin says as Namjoon drags him out of the house.

 

Jungkook’s POV

        Jungkook doesn’t even have to turn around. The sound of the bells jingling as the cafe door flies open and crashes against the wall is enough to bring a smile to his face.

“Did you brush your teeth?”

The question coming from Jihoon’s voice is all the extra confirmation Jungkook needs before turning around and facing the elder.

“Of course I brushed my teeth.” Jungkook says as he meets Jihoon’s eyes. He shouldn’t even be asking that question. Jungkook can’t stand bad smells so he’s always sure to brush his teeth after meals and take showers, even multiple times in a day if he has to.

“I know,” Jihoon says. “But you left your pjs lying in the floor.”

“Hey, I woke up and got to work on time by myself.” Jungkook says, lightly flicking Jihoon in the forehead. “Can’t you congratulate me once?”

“I’m proud of you,” Jihoon says. “But it just doesn’t feel right to start the day without arguing over something, so—”

“You are definitely Yoongi hyung’s brother.” Jungkook says, rolling his eyes, but all while there’s a smile on his face.

“Hey, we come by it honestly.” Jihoon insists.

“Oh I know.” Jungkook says. “I’ve met your dad.”

“Speaking of…” Jihoon says, tapping the counter, nervous. “He called just before I left to come up here, and he wants to know if we’re coming down for spring break.”

“In other words, he wants us to come down on spring break?” Jungkook assumes. As harsh and strict as Jihoon’s father may be, he’s very much a family man, and he likes Jihoon to come home when he can.

“Pretty much.” Jihoon affirms, nodding slightly.

“You seem unsure about it. Do you not want to?” Jungkook asks.

“It’s not that,” Jihoon says. “It’s just…we’re engaged now, and I don’t know if it’ll be so great this time.”

Jihoon is so cute. He must be really used to his father disapproving of everything he tried to do because he always seems unsure or nervous about how he will react to certain things. When it comes to Jungkook, he’s never really had a problem. He gave in and let them sleep in the same bed when they went down there last year, and he even gave Jihoon the money to buy Jungkook an engagement ring as well. If there’s one thing Jungkook is not worried about, it’s Jihoon’s father.

“Hyung, he already knows that we’re engaged.” Jungkook tells him. “What’s he going to do? Make us sleep in different beds?”

“I’m going to be honest with you.” Jihoon says. “And this is a really big deal to me, so please don’t act like it’s not a big deal. Please.”

“I’m listening.” Jungkook says.

“It’s not my dad I’m worried about.” Jihoon admits. “Now that we’re engaged, you’re a pretty big deal. That means that we’ll have to tell the rest of my family about you. They don’t even know about me.”

Jungkook just said he was listening. He never promised he wouldn’t act like it wasn’t a big deal. He knows that it is, but it’s just not something they need to worry too much about. “Hyung—”

“Their opinion matters to me. I want them to like you.” Jihoon says.

“Have you ever known anyone to not like me?” Jungkook asks, not quite as confident as he tries to make himself sound. “They might not like the fact that you’re dating another man, but they’ll definitely like me.”

“You have customers.” Jihoon says, pointing over to the register.

Jungkook got so absorbed in that conversation with Jihoon that he completely forgot that he was even at work. He’d be lying if he said that he wasn’t a little nervous about meeting Jihoon’s relatives. His parents weren’t that scary because he had kind of met them before going down there…and he assumed that dealing with Jihoon’s dad would be a lot like dealing with Yoongi. And they already knew that Jihoon was gay. Apparently Jihoon’s relatives have no clue, and that’s the part that worries Jungkook the most.

 

Taehyung’s POV

        It’s extremely obvious when Jimin just wants to grab Taehyung’s attention. He’ll put on one of Taehyung’s oversized long-sleeve shirts, that, yes, is oversized even for Taehyung—which makes it super oversized on Jimin’s tiny frame, and he’ll walk around their apartment in it.

Taehyung looks up from where he’s squatting, giving Pixie a treat, as Jimin enters the room. He nibbles his lower lip, watching Jimin go right to the fridge to get a glass of orange juice. Taehyung hates that he’s so weak to Jimin. He almost wants to skip his study session with Sungjae and just spend the day messing around with his boyfriend instead. That always sounds more fun than whatever responsibilities Taehyung has.

“Do you have any plans for the day?” Jimin asks, gripping his juice glass in both hands.

Unfortunately, Taehyung thinks to himself. “I have study plans with Sungjae,” He says, and he hates having to bring up that name to Jimin.

“Oh.” Jimin’s shoulders fall and the enthusiasm leaves from his face. His expression changes so quickly that Taehyung doesn’t even know how to react.

“But I’m not bringing him here.” Taehyung assures his boyfriend. “We’re going to his place.”

Jimin glares at Taehyung with what, Taehyung deems as an unreadable expression. Considering that he can read Jimin’s emotion by the sound of his breath, it’s always a bit odd when he can’t read Jimin’s expression. “Why?” There’s a hint of anger in his voice.

Taehyung is confused. He thought that Jimin would want Sungjae to come over after what happened the last time. Or at least based on what Sungjae told him. “You seemed uncomfortable the last time he was here,” Taehyung tells him first of all. “And he told me yesterday that he has feelings for you, so—”

“So what, Taehyung?” Jimin asks, and Taehyung finally realizes the expression. It’s that sort of expression that’s a little bit of anger mixed with a little bit of hurt. “I wanted you to stop hanging out with him because of how he clings to you, but you don’t care. You keep being his friend. The instant you find out that it’s me he likes, you decide not to bring him around here anymore?”

“I don’t see the problem in that. Especially considering that he was making you feel uncomfortable.”

Taehyung hates days like these. The ones where they start off all happy and comfortable and turn into a total storm.

He hates them.

Jimin scoffs, clearly offended. “The problem, Kim Taehyung, is that you don’t trust me.”

“What?”

Where does Jimin get off saying something like that?

“Do you really think that I would let Sungjae try anything?” Jimin demands.

“No.” Taehyung doesn’t even have to think about it because he does trust Jimin. It’s Sungjae he doesn’t trust. “But I don’t trust Sungjae not to try anything else—”

“I didn’t trust him.” Jimin says. “So why didn’t that stop you?”

“Because—” Taehyung has to think about it. He knows he’ll probably say the wrong thing and up. “You’re easy to take advantage of.”

And then he hears it.

It’s too bad he didn’t see the problem with that statement until it was out of his mouth.

It’s too late to take it back now.

“ you, Kim Taehyung.” Jimin turns to leave, but Taehyung grabs his wrist to stop him.

“Jimin, I didn’t—”

“Go.” Jimin snaps, pulling his arm free from Taehyung’s grasp. “Have fun studying.”

“Look, Jimin, I’m sorry. That’s not what I meant.”

“Seriously, Taehyung, go.” Jimin says, his voice calmer now. “We’ll talk about this later.”

Without another word, Jimin rushes off to the bedroom.

 

Hoseok’s POV

        This is the first time that he and Yoongi are actually babysitting together. Hoseok has babysat Kijung on more than a few occasions, but it was always while Yoongi was working, so he was never a part of it. Of course Hoseok would bring Kijung to Yoongi’s studio a couple of times, but that doesn’t really count since he’s still fully Hoseok’s responsibility while Yoongi has a different job to be focused on.

This is the first time they’re officially babysitting together.

Hoseok actually likes it because it gives him a little sneak peak into what parenting with Yoongi will be like one day.

Just after Namjoon and Seokjin leave, Jinhee starts crying. After checking his diaper and trying his bottle, they decide it’s not because he’s hungry or needs to be changed. Of course Namjoon and Seokjin would have fed him before leaving, and they’d have changed his diaper if he needed it. After trying to hold him and comfort him and sing to him—which neither he or Yoongi are very good at, Hoseok finally calls his sister. She’s not actually a mother yet, but she has more experience in childcare than either Yoongi or Hoseok have.

“What’s up, little bro?” Is how she answers the phone.

“So Yoongi hyung and I are babysitting for Namjoon and Seokjin hyung,” Hoseok begins. “And Jinhee is crying. We tried feeding him, but he’s not hungry. And we checked his diaper, but it’s clean and dry, so…”

“Try laying him on his back and rubbing his belly.” Jiwoo suggests.

“Why?” Hoseok has to ask.

“He probably has a stomach ache, which is probably why he won’t take the bottle.” Jiwoo informs him. “If you rub his belly, it’ll help him feel better.”

“Okay, we’ll try that.” Hoseok is never one to question his sister’s wisdom. She’s older than him, and she’s a woman, so she probably knows what she’s talking about. “Thank you.”

“No problem. Call me back and let me know if it doesn’t work. I love you, Seokie!” She chimes just before ending the call.

“What did she say?” Yoongi asks when Hoseok rejoins him in the living room. He had to step into Jinhee’s room to make the call because he wouldn’t be able to hear Jiwoo over the phone with the baby’s wailing.

“She said lay him down and rub his belly because it could be a stomach ache.”

Yoongi looks around the room, still holding Jinhee in his arms. “Where can we lay him down that won’t hurt him?”

Hoseok fails to bite back his laugh at that question, and he just sits on the living room floor. The instant he sits, however, Latte runs over to him. Just like a dog, excited the instant you get down on her level. Hoseok commands her to lay down, and she does it. The good thing about her is that she’s always pretty well behaved. Pistachio, on the other hand, is difficult to keep calm, so that’s why Hoseok and Yoongi left him and Bean at the house. One of them will go back later to check on them.

“The floor is fine.” He says. “Unless he has Seokjin hyung’s fear of germs, the floor won’t kill him.”

Yoongi sticks his tongue out at Hoseok before joining him on the floor. He carefully lays Jinhee down in between them, and Hoseok finds it absolutely adorable how he acts like the baby is super fragile. Hoseok knows that Yoongi isn’t exactly 100% comfortable with taking care of a baby yet, so he takes the initiative of rubbing Jinhee’s belly. It doesn’t work like magic, like Hoseok was hoping it would. It takes a few minutes, but Jinhee does eventually stop crying, and he even ends up falling asleep.

When Hoseok looks up, Yoongi is staring at him, a fond smile on his face. “You’re good at that.” He says.

“I literally just did what my sister told me to.” Hoseok tells him.

“Yeah, but still.” Yoongi says. “You actually got him to stop and sleep.”

“You know, taking care of a baby isn’t actually that hard. I mean, they cry a lot, eat a lot, and sleep a lot.” Hoseok says. “And…after a while, I’m sure they get exhausting, but it’s exactly like someone I know and love very much.”

“Jungkook?” Yoongi presumes, an eyebrow raised.

“Okay…yes, it does sound like Jungkook, too.” Hoseok agrees, “But I’m talking about you.”

“I do not cry a lot.” Yoongi says. “I a lot. There’s a difference.”

“Language, Hyung.” Hoseok says, covering Jinhee’s little ears.

Yoongi rolls his eyes and lightly nudges Hoseok’s shoulder. “So we put him to sleep. Now what?” Yoongi asks.

“Put him in bed and cuddle on the couch until he wakes up again.” Hoseok says, picking Jinhee up, careful not to wake him. “See? We can babysit and be boring at the same time. Happy?”

“Very much so,” Yoongi says, and he gets up from the floor as well.

Hoseok goes to put Jinhee in his bed. By the time he returns to the living room, he sees that Latte beat him to cuddling with Yoongi on the couch. It’s kind of cute seeing him on the couch with a dog that’s twice his size. Especially compared to their two little dogs at home.

“All right, Latte,” Hoseok says, walking to the couch. “You’re going to need to make some room for me.”

When he reaches them, Latte jumps onto the floor, settling at their feet instead.

“She’s warmer than you, and you chased her away.” Yoongi says, but he easily falls into place with Hoseok.

Hoseok grabs a blanket that was left on the couch, a little surprising since it’s unlikely something is ever out of place in Seokjin’s house. “That’s what we have blankets for.” He says, and he wraps it around himself and Yoongi.

 

Namjoon’s POV

        It really has been a long while since Namjoon and Seokjin have taken the time to go out on a date with each other. Just each other. The last few times they’ve been on dates, it was was with all of their friends or just Yoongi and Hoseok as well. That’s why, when Namjoon got his invitation to the award show this time, he decided to make it a whole special day with Seokjin.

Starting with breakfast.

He loves taking Seokjin out to fancy restaurants because Seokjin always talks about the food. With a passion. He talks about how well it’s done. If it’s cooked just right or overcooked. He talks about the flavoring and the seasoning, and he wonders if he could create the same dish at home.

Namjoon doesn’t ever listen to every word that comes out of Seokjin’s mouth as he goes on about food. Usually he’s too busy resting his chin in the palm of his hand, admiring how cute the elder looks when he gets so passionate about something. The way he makes those cute little humming sounds as he takes a bite of different foods, always have exaggerated reactions about the taste. How his eyes sparkle with admiration when he finds something that he’d actually like to try making.

“Why didn’t you open a restaurant?” Namjoon asks, somewhere in the middle of Seokjin commenting about the texture of…well, Namjoon had forgotten which particular food he was talking about at the point.

The burning passion in Seokjin’s eyes is gone, but his enthusiasm is still there as he takes in a mouthful of rice. “What do you mean?” Seokjin asks.

“Instead of a cafe.” Namjoon says. “I know that you like doing the coffees and everything, but you seem so much more passionate about food.”

Seokjin shrugs. He keeps stuffing his face with food, but he doesn’t skip a beat in their conversation. “I had a lot more experience working in a cafe, so it was more familiar to me.” Seokjin tells him. “My anxiety was still pretty bad when I opened the place, so I wanted something that I was more familiar with.”

“Would you want to open a restaurant?” Namjoon asks him. “I mean as well as the cafe.”

“I’ve thought about it, but I just think it’d be too much to take on.”

“You’ve evolved from a cafe to adding a bookstore upstairs.” Namjoon points out. “You asked me if I wanted to relocate and how I felt about opening up a record shop in the building as well. If you ask me, I think expanding your business would actually be a really good thing. Maybe you’ll eventually own that entire building.”

“We have a baby now, so I don’t think I should put too much energy toward expanding my business. We have to focus on what’s really important. Jinhee.” Seokjin tells him.

“True.” Namjoon agrees. “But it can be something we work on slowly. We don’t have to rush anything.”

“We?” Seokjin questions, intrigued.

“It can be a family thing.” Namjoon says. “And Jinhee can be a part of it when he grows up.”

“If he wants to.” Seokjin adds. “You know better than anyone what it’s like for your parents to try to force you into something you don’t want to do.”

“If he wants to.” Namjoon agrees.

“I really do like the sound of a family business, though.” Seokjin says, that sparkle of passion coming back to his eyes.

He goes off on another passionate talk, this time about how they can combine coffee and music and things and work toward pushing their way further into the entertainment and hospitality industries and even ways that they can get their friends involved.

 

Jihoon’s POV

        After a slew of customers had interrupted Jihoon’s conversation with Jungkook earlier, they shifted away from things that weren’t about seeing Jihoon’s family for the spring. Jihoon talks to Jungkook about his ideas for his senior project, just to finalize his decision, and Jungkook talks about some of the art classes he’s considering taking his senior year just to beef up his portfolio. They talk about the upcoming holiday of Valentine’s Day, and they decide that going on a date with their brothers would be a great way to spend that holiday—like last year, except Rome wasn’t included because he and Jiwoo weren’t together at the time and Rome was busy.

“I could tell him that we’re going to your parents house.” Jihoon finally brings up the topic again when he and Jungkook re-enter the apartment at the end of Jungkook’s shift. He stops by Marble’s food bowl to feed her, even though she’s not anywhere to be found right away. “Since we went to my home last year, we’re going to yours this year.”

“But we’re not.” Jungkook says. “My parents will be coming up here for the summer because of Rome hyung’s wedding and the baby, so we’re not going down there.”

Jihoon sighs, dropping onto the couch. He wouldn’t be so nervous about this if it wasn’t with Jungkook. He’s considered coming out to various relatives before, but he always decided not to, worried that his father would be upset for everyone knowing that his son was gay. Now that they have to know if Jihoon ever plans on being a part of family get-togethers with Jungkook included in them. Or he’ll have to play as a single straight man for the rest of his life while refusing every blind date his grandparents try to set him up on.

“Hyung, it’s really not that bad.” Jungkook joins him on the couch, which is when they find out where Marble is. She runs out from under the coffee table to attack Jungkook’s feet, but he easily ignores her. “I have no doubt in mind that they’ll like me.”

“I’m sure they’ll like you,” Jihoon says. “And they’d love you if you were a girl, but they’re definitely not going to approve, and they’ll never want us around.”

“If they don’t like us, then we’ll never be around them. We don’t have to surround ourselves with people who don’t care about our happiness.”

Jihoon knows that Jungkook means well, but he’s not really helping any.

“Jungkook, this is my family we’re talking about.”

“I know.” Jungkook smiles at him, and he nudges Jihoon’s shoulder. “Spring break is still a few weeks away, so there’s no point in feeling down about it right now. When it does come around, we’ll be going to your place together. If they shame one of us, they shame us both. You aren’t going to be alone.”

Sometimes Jungkook does know just what to say. His words are very reassuring to Jihoon. When he was coming out to his parents, he’s was pretty much alone. This time he won’t be alone because he’ll have Jungkook there. Jihoon is sure that Jungkook wants Jihoon’s family to like them, but there’s really nothing they can do if they don’t.

“You’re right.” Jihoon says. “I guess there’s no point in worrying about it until it happens.”

“Being nervous is normal.” Jungkook assures him, and he takes Jihoon’s hand. “And I’ll always be right here when you need someone to calm your nerves.”

“Why are you sweet?” Jihoon asks, resting his head on Jungkook’s shoulder.

“I learned from the best.” Jungkook tells him. “In case you don’t remember, you were the one helping me with a lot of insecurities in the beginning.”

Jihoon sighs, content. “We’ve come a long way.” He says.

“We really have.” Jungkook agrees, and he presses a kiss to the top of Jihoon’s head.

 

Jimin’s POV

        Jimin stays in the room, ignoring even Pixie scratching at the door, trying to get in. She can probably sense that Jimin is upset, and she wants to comfort him. Instead of letting her in, Jimin just hugs the little dog that Taehyung had made him for Christmas.

Easy to take advantage of? Why would Taehyung say that?

If Jimin were easy to take advantage of, he would have accepted his teacher’s offer for an easy A in the class. But he didn’t. He didn’t because he has Taehyung. Taehyung who values him more than that. Taehyung who always makes sure to let Jimin know that he means the world to him and that he deserves the world.

So why did he say that?

Jimin was actually proud of himself for having gotten his instructor off of his back so easily, but now he feels like crap. All because of those few words.

Sooner than Jimin expects, Taehyung enters the room. It’s only after having left Jimin alone for nearly two hours, but Jimin is sure that two hours, including the time to get there, isn’t really much of a study date. “What happened?” Jimin asks, not really interested. “He bailed on you?”

“No,” Taehyung tells him. “I didn’t go. I’ve been waiting until I thought you’ve been alone long enough to calm down.”

“Yeah? Well, you thought wrong.” Jimin snaps. “I’m still upset about what you said.”

“I know.” Taehyung says, his voice apologetic. “I really didn’t mean it like that, Jimin. You know I didn’t. I would never presume—”

“Then how did you mean it, Kim Taehyung?” Jimin asks. “How could have possibly worded that any better?”

“I didn’t mean it in a sense that you let people take advantage of you.” Taehyung starts. “I just meant that…” He sighs, clearly not knowing how to save his on this one. “Look, I trust you, Jimin. I honestly believe that you would fight someone off if they were to come onto you, but I’m your boyfriend. I want to protect you. I can’t stand the thought of someone trying take advantage of you the instant I turn my back.”

That’s understandable. “Did it ever cross your mind that I might feel the same way?” Jimin asks, a lot calmer now. “Except, in my case, Sungjae was hanging all over you right in front of me, and you didn’t do anything. I told you I don’t like seeing people stealing hugs and cuddles from my Taehyung.”

Taehyung smiles, and even when Jimin is pissed off at him, it’s still undeniably cute.

“I have extra special cuddles reserved for you, Angel.” Taehyung assures, and Jimin rolls his eyes. Annoyed that he can’t even be pissed off anymore.

“ you, Kim Taehyung.” Jimin says for the second time that day, but, this time, with a lot more affection than he did the first time. “I’m trying to be serious.”

“Okay. Okay.” Taehyung says. “In all seriousness, we need to work this thing with Sungjae out. I’m sorry for not taking your feelings into consideration before. If you don’t want him to cling to me, I’ll make sure he keeps his distance when I’m with him—if you want me to see him at all anymore.”

Jimin gives it some thought. Sungjae and Taehyung have been partners since the last semester, so Jimin feels it’s a little selfish of him to tell them to not be friends anymore. But Taehyung is Jimin’s boyfriend, and he should avoid hanging out with someone if it makes Jimin uncomfortable. Still…it is Jimin that Sungjae likes.

“You two are partners for your class.” Jimin says. “I don’t want to affect your schoolwork.”

Taehyung shakes his head. “You won’t.” He assures the elder. “I’ll ask the instructor to switch partners or something. I want you to be happy more than I want to get a good grade in this class. I’m just taking it for fun, anyway. It’s not even a required course.”

“I want you to have friends.” Jimin says. “And I want you to be happy.”

“Jimin, you’re all I need to be happy.” Taehyung tells him. “And if it’s friends you’re worried about, I have plenty aside from Sungjae.”

“Will you hate me if I tell you I don’t want you to see him anymore?” Jimin asks. Sungjae admitted to liking Jimin, but Jimin just has this feeling that there’s something more to it than that. He just doesn’t trust him. Not one bit.

“No.” Taehyung promises. “I could never hate you. Especially not over someone who means nowhere near as much to me as you do.”

“Then let me be selfish this once,” Jimin says. “And ask that you don’t see him again.”

“Since neither of us really trust him with each other now, I don’t think you’re being selfish.” Taehyung assures him. “But deal. I won’t study with him anymore, and I’ll ask if I can change partners.”

“Thank you.” Jimin says, and he leans forward for a kiss, but Taehyung pushes him back, and Jimin frowns, confused.

“Is that all?” He asks.

“All?” Jimin questions.

“There’s nothing else bothering you? Nothing else you wanted to say?”

Well, there is that thing with his teacher, but Jimin doesn’t think that this is the best time to bring that up. He’ll just follow instructions the next time, and, if anything else happens, he’ll tell Taehyung. Just not now. Not when they got over that so smoothly.

“What’s bothering me,” Jimin says, “Is you not kissing me.”

Taehyung smiles, and he leans in to plant a chaste kiss on Jimin’s lips. Which turns into two and then five, and eventually a little more than just innocent kisses.

 

Yoongi’s POV

        Namjoon and Seokjin don’t get back until nearly midnight, which is understandable. The award ceremonies usually last for about two hours, and then the are parties and events afterward, so Yoongi wasn’t expecting to get home early tonight.

When he and Hoseok finally do return, the dogs are sleeping and don’t even wake to them coming home. They both tiptoe off to their bedroom, closing the door behind them so that they can actually be alone tonight. After spending the day with Jinhee and Latte, they’re just looking forward to having time together.

“Today wasn’t so bad.” Yoongi says as he drags Hoseok to the bathroom with him, ready to shower. “It was easy since all Jinhee wants to do is eat and sleep.”

“Do you think you’d enjoy it as much when he gets older?” Hoseok asks, pulling his shirt over his head.

“It’ll be more fun when he’s older.” Yoongi says. “He’s boring right now.”

“I thought you liked boring.” Hoseok says.

Yoongi shakes his head. “I am boring,” He says. “I like not boring things. Like you.”

And that’s when Hoseok pulls him in for a kiss and the rest of their clothes come off before they get into the shower.