Chapter Fourty-Two

Be My Baby

 

Jessica gave her well-known icy cold stare while Donghae just sadly smiled.

His heart ached to see her like this, being cold and ignoring everything. It would be hard to show that kind of emotion when you are feeling so messed up and confused inside.

That was what exactly Jessica was feeling.

Confused, sad, frustrated – Never jugde Jessica by her looks.

She looked away from Donghae and sighed. Her head told her not to forgive and hate him, but her heart told her otherwise.

 

Donghae frowned. What should he should to make Jessica forgive him?

She doesn’t listen to him and totally shut him out. It was going to be hard.

“Yah, Donghae ah!” Eunhyuk called and he diverted his attention to him. “Stop day-dreaming even though you scored a point!” Eunhyuk chuckled and hugged Donghae quickly.

Donghae nodded and went back to the attacking side.

Physically, he was in the game. But mentally wise, he wasn’t.

Oh, poor Donghae, please do patch up with Jessica soon…

 

“Look at Jessica unnie.” Seohyun sighed and her shoulders slumped. She hoped everything will go well, like, ya’ know; whatever they were planning.

Tiffany nodded in agreement. “We’ll do well today.” She winked. *Just like how we did it the other day*

“Sungmin!!!” Sunny waved cheerfully by the bleachers when her boyfriend got the ball. She screamed so loud that everyone laughed.

“That’s my man!!!” Tiffany hollered and pointed at Siwon who returned a charming smile.

Then, everyone started comparing their boyfriends.

“LOOK AT MY ANCHORVY!!” Hyoyeon grinned and cheered loudly for Eunhyuk.

Taeyeon and Yuri did the same even though their boyfriends weren’t made to do well in sports.

“Good job!!!” Yoona beamed at the guys who were sweating after the first half ended.

“It was so amazing!!!” Sooyoung’s eyes glowed with admiration. “I wished I had a boyfriend like yours!”

Ryeowook frowned and his expression changed *I ain’t good at sports.* he thought and figured a way to impress Sooyoung. But… there seems to be no sports that he excelled in.

“I wished I played sports when I was younger…” he sighed and went back to the bench.

“I have a boxing competition coming up.” Kibum announced and smirked slightly. “Perhaps you all would like to attend?”

The group agreed and mumbled words like “yes!” “We wouldn’t miss it.”

“What about you?” Kibum softly asked Yoona, part of him wanting her to ask yes.

Yoona thought about it for a second before nodded. “Yeap, I would be there!” she smiled as brightly as the night stars.

Kibum returned the smiled and his heart warmed up.

So this is the feeling of being in love? That person brings joy to you just by little actions.

 

And everything ended so fast. Donghae managed to score another goal at the 87th minute and the guys won with a score of 2-1.

Was luck on his side or was he just trying to impress someone?

Who knew?

“Jessie, can you follow me down to find Eunhyuk?” Hyoyeon asked with hope – hoping that Jessica would reject her offer.

And unexpectedly, Jessica agreed and it ended up that everyone went back down to the lockers to congratulate the guys.

“Hey, honey! Good job!”

“You did well!!”

“You are the best!”

“Great job guys!!!”

Jessica stood awkwardly in the middle of the pairs and blanked out.

Part of her wanted to come down and part of it did not.

Before she knew it, she felt a hand gripping her wrist.

“Let’s talk.” Donghae told her seriously but Jessica seemed unwilling.

 

“Erm, guys…” Taeyeon noticed the tension between Jessica and Donghae and pulled their plan into action.

Leeteuk seemed to fully understand and stood by Taeyeon, pulling her away from the scene.

Sunny went forward and grabbed Jessica away, while Sungmin did the same to Donghae.

“Woah, chills guys.” Kangin muttered.

Tiffany waved of the atmosphere. “Everything would be fine.” She whispered to Siwon. “I hope.”

“It will don’t worry.” Siwon rubbed her back and started preparing.

Ryeowook and Sooyoung exchanged glanced and set up the hidden camera. Yoona and Kibum hurried off bring the cake over.

Seohyun and Kyuhuyn just lazed around and had their own world to themselves. How cute and chessy is that? Can you imagine – lovey dovey Kyuhyun?

 

“Yah, Soonkyu ah!” Jessica whined, “Where are you bring me to?”

“Here.” Sunny stopped in her track at a random location and faced her best friend.

Jessica looked around and shrugged. “Not funny, girl.”

Sunny shook her head. “Do you love Donghae or not?” and this question took Jessica by surprise.

Finally, Jessica nodded her head after minutes which seems long enough to kill. Sunny smiled, “You know, there’s something waiting for you by the poolside, pabo.”

Jessica tilted her head in question and got pushed away by Sunny who kept asking her to make her way over there now.

“Ok… Lee Soonkyu... Whatever you’re doing, better be good.” Jessica narrowed her eyes before laughing it off.

*Yeah, for your future. Jessica Jung.* Sunny smiled, hoping the two would reunite.

 

“Donghae-ah, you really love Jessica don’t you?” Sungmin pressed on the same question for the millionth time while Donghae just stood there and blankly blinked at him a couple of times before answering.

“Well, I’m giving you a chance to make this right.” Sungmin seriously looked him in the eyes and tell him. “Go chase your future. She’s waiting for you by the poolside.”

Donghae nodded firmly and comprehended Sungmin’s intention.

“That’s right, Sooyeon, you are my future.” Donghae started running towards the swimming pool.

Sungmin smiled in satisfaction as he watched his best pal run off. *Donghae hwaiting!*

 

 

*** Yes, Donghae and Jessica would be back together soon~~ and then followed by Ryeowook and Sooyoung and Yoona and Kibum. At this stage, i would really like to thank all the lovely people who subscribed. really, thank you! I will really try my best to do daily updates from now.