Chapter Forty-Three

Be My Baby

 

Jessica stood up by the swimming pool waiting for the ‘surprise’ to come. She was about to leave until she heard footsteps and deep breathing behind her.

“Donghae…” she said almost inaudibly.

Donghae slowly made his way towards her, his breathing steadied from the running.

“Jessica, will you listen to me?”

Being hard-headed, Jessica at first refused. But her heart talked her head over and she decided to just follow her heart. “Donghae… Is it true that…”

“No, it isn’t.” Donghae stared down at her and said. “Eunseo threw herself on me.” Donghae winced at the memory.

“It did hurt a lot when you’re not by my side.” Donghae’s expression saddened. “I really missed you. I think of you everyday and every night. Before I sleep, eat and do anything. You’re always on my mind…” he said, softly and caressed Jessica’s cheeks, not breaking eye contact.

“Donghae… I’m… sorry.” Jessica broke down. She felt like a fool when she herself didn’t even give him a chance to explain himself. “I was… so stupid.”

Donghae smiled and pulled her close to him, he pat her and told her not to cry. “It wasn’t your fault, princess.”

Jessica cried even harder in his embrace.

Love, really does make people stupid.

 

“Aw…” Taeyeon smiled and Leeteuk hugged her. “Happily ever after.”

Kangin and Heechul pretend to re-enact the scenario, which crackled everyone up.

“Time for the finale.” Ryeowook smirked and slowly everyone head out to ‘celebrate’.

“Congratulations to the Hae-Sica couple!!!” Sooyoung danced around.

“Unnie, be happy.” Seohyun hugged Jessica while Sunny lightly hit her . “Yah! Lee Soonkyu!” she laughed.

It was good to see Jessica and Donghae happy again.

Cheers and laughter filled the air and everyone sang and dance.

Everyone did couple dance with Yuri and Yesung doing some weird dances.

“Time now, for some cake!!!” Sunny clapped and brought the cake out together with Sungmin.

Jessica and Donghae were shocked. “You made a cake?”

“Ryeowook and Sooyoung did.” Yoona pointed out and slowly creeped behind Donghae and Jessica with Kibum.

Shindong walked towards the cake and quickly took a handful and smash it on Donghae’s shirt. Tiffany did the same to Jessica and in moments, the Hae-Sica couple found themselves in the pool.

“Yah!!!” Jessica cried out loud and Donghae swam towards her, laughing. “Let’s get out.”

 

“That was great.” Kibum beamed as he walked Yoona home. It become a routine now, if they ever went out, he would walk her home.

“Yeah, really. I’m so glad that Donghae and Jessica are back together.” Yoona said and looked up into the sky. *What about us now?*

Kibum and Yoona slowly walked and finally reached Yoona’s doorstep. Yoona kind of didn’t want Kibum to leave. And they stood there looking at each other for God knows how long.

“Ok then, you should get inside…” Kibum rubbed the back of his neck, “It’s getting cold.”

Yoona nodded, “I probably should.”

Kibum smiled cutely which made her heart pound against her chest. “Goodnight Yoona, see you at my boxing competition.”

Yoona gasped at the mention of the competition. She had totally forgotten to tell him that she can’t make it on that day. “Kibum… I’m sorry. I don’t think I can make it on that day…”

Kibum did not showed any emotions but he just nodded and said it was alright, but in return, she should do something for him.

“What do you want?” Yoona scowled and thought hard for a valid compensation.

Kibum his chin and thought. An idea filled his head. “What about a kiss?”

“A kiss?” Yoona looked at him in bewilderment.

Kibum nodded innocently, “Yes, a kiss on my cheeks.” He bent forward, turned his head and point to his cheeks. “Here.”

Yoona blinked at him. “Are you sure?” and Kibum nodded, “Absolutely.”

With that, Yoona leaned closer, there seems to be butterflies in her stomach, her breathing became faster as her lips was getting closer to his cheeks.

In one swift motion, Kibum turned his head so fast that instead of kissing his cheeks, Yoona’s lips were on his.

 

 

“Here Tiffany.” Siwon threw her one of his t-shirt. “You can wear this.”

Tiffany smiled and headed for the toilet. “I’ll change and wash up.”

Siwon nodded, feeling excited because it was Tiffany’s first time staying over at his house. His parents were home and they agreed to let the young lady stay for the night.

“I really gotta thank your parents for this.” Tiffany smiled, showing her all-perfect eye smile.

Siwon went forward and gave a hug and they stood there enjoying each other’s company in silence.

“Thank you, for being in my life.” Tiffany closed her eyes and inhaled in his scent.

“Thank you too, Miyoung…” Siwon smiled and hugged her even tighter. “Trust me, nothing’s gonna break us apart.”

 

Nothing will ever break us apart…