Chapter Twenty-One

Be My Baby

 

Silently, Seohyun followed behind Kyuhyun as he led the way. Kyuhyun stopped, turned around and look at Seohyun.

“Yah.” Kyuhyun told her. “Don’t be so quiet.”

“I’m not quiet. I just have nothing to say.” Seohyun hugged her books. “Where are we going?”

“The last time I check, there was a lake nearby here.” Kyuhyun looked around and inspected the area. He continued walking until he saw a brigde linking another way out.

“We are almost there.” He told her.

As they got nearer to the pavilion, the skies started to threaten, dark clouds covered the sun, blocking out the sun light.

“It’s going to rain soon, we better hurry up.” Seohyun warned.

Kyuhyun grumbled. “It’s just rain. Or is it that you don’t want to spend time with me?”

“No. you said we were going somewhere fun.” Seohyun said calmly, “But you brought me here, to the lake instead!”

“It’s peaceful and relaxing. People said.” Kyuhyun admired the view.

Seohyun close her eyes and listen to the surroundings. Birds chirping, leaves rustling, wind howling and thundering rumbling. It sures calm her down and relives her stress.

“You know, people say when a rainbow appears here, you should kiss the person you like.” Kyuhyun told her the myth.

Seohyun raised an eye. “Where did you get that from?”

“Someone told me.” Kyuhyun laughed. I totally made that up myself. HAHAHAHAHA!

Seohyun and Kyuhyun stood side by side and enjoy the view of the lake and atmosphere.

Kyuhyun turned and look at Seohyun, who had her eyes close. You are beautiful, Seo Joo Hyun. He smiled to himself.

Drops of rain started to fell to the Earth, the duo struggled to look of shelter and hid under a pavilion.

“It’s raining heavily!” Seohyun pouted.

Kyuhyun pinched her cheeks. “Do you not like to spend time with me? You are also complaining.”

“Aniyo!” Seohyun defended herself and wave her hands.

“It’s an honour to be out with me. I even sacrifice my time to play starcraft with you.” Kyuhyun confessed.

“Then why did you bring me out here?” Seohyun asked.

“Well… you seemed tired just now.” Kyuhyun shrugged. I can’t be too obvious right?

“Studying is a burden.” Seohyun sighed. “I need to do my parents proud. I’m not born smart.”

“Well, you’re born beautiful.” Kyuhyun let the words spill out of his mouth. CHO KYUHYUN, WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Seohyun gave a small laugh, “Thankyou Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“Drop the formalities, Seo Joo Hyun.” Kyuhyun looked at her.

 

Lightning flashed and followed by a loud clap of thunder. Sunny jumped from the loud thunderous sound. She looked around and saw no one in sight. Tch, how did Sungmin ditched detention for this. “Lee Sungmin!!!” She shouted in the room. No reply. And, BOOMMMMMMM! Thunder roared loudly, the lights in the classroom went off. Sunny squat down and covered her ears and eyes. “Anyone out there?” she asked in a terrified tone. Jessicaaaa, Taeyeonnie, where are you? A tear escaped her eye. The roars of thunder were frightening her.

Someone called her name. “LEE SOONKYU!” and Sungmin appeared by her side.

Sunny hugged him when she saw him. “Yah, where did you go?” she cried in his arms.

“Mianhaeyo,” Sungmin caressed the back of the head. “I went to get some drinks of us.”

Another thunder came, Sunny hugged him even tightly.

Sungmin chuckled. “You’re taking advantage of me now.” He teased.

Sunny’s cheeks flushed and she pulled away but Sungmin held her tightly.

“Just kidding.” A wide grin spread across his face. “I like it this way too.” He whispered almost inaudible.

 

Taeyeon looked outside the school, it was raining and she didn’t drive to school today.

“The thunderstorm, I hope Sunny is ok.” She bit her lips. Sunny was afraid of loud sounds before she experience the Iraq-Kuwait war when she was a child.

”Aish!” Taeyeon threw her phone back into her bag.

“What makes you so angry?” Leeteuk appeared by her side.

Taeyeon looked up and saw a dimple-smiling face Leeteuk. The anger in her disappeared when she saw that face.

“What? Is there something on my face?” Leeteuk made a face.

“No.” Taeyeon laughed like an ajumma.

“Then?” Leeteuk gave a confused look.

“Nothing.” Taeyeon stopped laughing and look at the pouring rain. “How are you gonna go home?”

“Well, I do have an umbrella.” Leeteuk showed her his umbrella.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “An umbrella is not enough for the both of us.”

Leeteuk chuckled. “We could share it.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widen. Did he like just emphasize on the word ‘share’?

“Come on.” Leeteuk held his hand out.

Unsure, Taeyeon took his hand and got pull closer towards him.

“We’re going to go now.” Leeteuk smiled, his heartbeat 10 times faster when he pulled Taeyeon closer to him.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. She was sitting at the café alone. With anger and frustration in her, she glared that everyone single person. Nobody dare to offend her. She sipped her ice-coffee to cool herself down. Tch, I thought he was still sincere about it until I saw that Eun Seo girl hugging him. Jessica blow air out of her nose again. I was smart not to answer that question. Argh!!! Lee Donghae! I hate you!!

Then, she saw Donghae walked in with Eun Seo. What the hell? Jessica Jung, you should just forget him.

Jessica stood up and prepared to leave while Donghae stared right into her eyes. Jessica gave him a cold glare. Both look as if they were having a staring competition until Eun Seo called. “Hey Jessica!” Jessica shifted her gaze on to Eun Seo. She gave a small smile to Eun Seo and walked out of the café.

Is she okay? I should check on her. Donghae thought as his eyes followed where Jessica was heading.

“Donghae oppa?” Eun Seo called.

“Sorry Eun Seo, I need to do something.” Donghae pushed her hands away from his arms and ran after Jessica.

Jessica heard footsteps behind her and increased her pacing. However, someone grabbed her arm and turned her around.

“YAH! LEE DONGHAE! WHAT DO YOU WANT?” Jessica gave an ear-piercing scream. Luckily, it was still raining and not much people were around.

“Chills, Jessica, why are you getting so work up?” Donghae looked innocent.

Jessica did not gave a reply but just ran away in to the rain.

Donghae followed her. That babo girl. Why is she running away?

Jessica’s tears escaped her eyes; it was raining, so it just looks like it was the cause of the rain. She felt stupid and angry at the same time. She was 100 percent sure her feelings for Donghae were one sided.

“Jessica!” she heard Donghae called again.

This time she stopped and Donghae stopped. Both of them looked at each other for a long time.

“Why did you come?” Jessica asked.

“Because you look angry.” Donghae honestly told her.

That reply wasn’t what she wanted to hear. “Then go back, I’m fine.”

“You don’t look fine, Jung Soo Yeon.” Donghae said in his serious tone again.

“Just leave me alone.” Jessica turned her back on him but got pulled back.

Donghae pulled Jessica back, scooped the back of her head and pressed his lips softly again Jessica.

Jessica’s eyes widen and pushed Donghae away. “YAH! Are you playing with me?”

“No, I am not. Jessica. I love you.” Donghae said, pulled her into a kiss. This time, Jessica responded. I love you too, babo.

 

Yoona walked in the rain with her yellow umbrella. Her thoughts went back to the time when Kibum said he want to meet his secret admirer. She blushed slightly at the thought of it. I should expose my identity to him yet. She reminded herself.

She was about 700m away from the school when she felt someone beside her.

She looked to her right and saw Kibum. She stoned for a moment.

“Well,” Kibum chuckled. “Aren’t you going to give me shelter?”

“Oh.” Yoona laughed and gave Kibum some space under her umbrella. “Aren’t you having boxing training?”

“Well, I ditched training to be here.” Kibum smiled.

“What?” Yoona thought she heard wrong.

“I ditched training to spend time with you.” Kibum winked.

Yoona flushed. “Kibum, training is important you know.”

“Yes it is.” Kibum nodded. “But I can’t let you go home in the rain alone. Where’s Yuri?”

“I think she’s in the gym again. If I’m not wrong.” Yoona thought.

“Maybe she’s with Yesung hyung.” Kibum smirked.

“Yesung? Oh, right!” Yoona laughed. They were thinking about the exact same thing.

“Come on, Yoona, let’s get some food to eat. Yoona, behgopa!” Kibum rubbed his tummy

Yoona laughed. “Arrasoo, let’s get some ddukppoki!” receiving a thumbs up from Kibum.

“Your treat.” He stuck out tongue tongue playfully.

 

Tiffany came home early today. She groaned, the rest of her friends are not even home yet. With a sad face, she looked out and saw it raining.

“Maybe I should go outside and have a walk in the rain.” Tiffany smiled.

 

“Sooyoung! You’re messing my house upside down!” Ryeowook grunted.

“It’s really fun, ryeowookie!” she stuck out her tongue.

Sooyoung went to Ryeowook’s house and had a baking session. She totally messed up Ryeowook’s kitchen and definitely had a fun time there.

“Choi Sooyoung, why are you always making my life so difficult?” Ryeowook looked at the mess.

“That’s because, I’m Choi Sooyoung.” She beamed.

“Nope, I’m not called Ryeowook if I don’t make you clean this up for me.” Ryeowook looked stern.

“You got to catch me first.” Sooyoung ran out of the kitchen followed by Ryeowook.

“Come back here!”

“You can’t catch me!”

“Argh! I almost got you!”

“You can’t--- AHHHHHHH!”

“Oh my gosh!”

Sooyoung tripped over Ryeowooks shoe and fell on the floor. Ryeowook who was close behind her didn’t manage to stop in time fell on top of Sooyoung.

Both look in to each other’s eyes. Sooyoung break the eye contact first. “Get off me. You’re heavy.”

“Mianhae.” Ryeowook’s face turned red and head back to the kitchen.

“I’ll help!” Sooyoung walked in to the kitchen.

 

Hyoyeon lied down on the floor and smiled to the ceiling, her thoughts on the kiss. It was well, charming and enchanting of course.

Eunhyuk slide his hands under Hyoyeon’s shoulder and make sure she face him. He grabbed a lock of Hyoyeon’s hair and tucked it behind her ears.

“You’re beautiful, Kim Hyoyeon.” Eunhyuk complimented.

Hyoyeon blushed at the compliment. “Thanks, hyukjae.” And he leaned forward to kiss her forehead.

Hyoyeon sat up and got ready to head home. But, she wasn’t sure if they were official, it was just a kiss. A kiss could mean a lot of things.

She turned around and Eunhyuk hugged her.

“Kim Hyoyeon, will you be my girl?” Eunhyuk whispered in to her ears. 

 

***

[a/n] Going on a holiday for 4 days. so, i would not update after this. Enjoy! comment! <3 i'l so replies another time. thanks for reply, readers! <3