Chapter Fifty-Six

Be My Baby

 

“Eonnies, I’ll be at the bookstore.”

Seohyun walked towards the direction which the bookstore was at. She knew Kyuhyun didn’t like books. But, something inside her wanted to get some books for that guy.

Looking around, none of the books seem to be suited for Cho Kyuhyun. She scaned through the sea of books and bookshelves and then her eyes landed on one of the books – Ten facts about sweet potatoes.

Seohyun smiled to herself and thought; maybe it’s good to let him read this book. She recalled how much he hated sweet potatoes when she told him about her love for sweet potatoes.

Taeyeon chained her arms with Tiffany and walked through the shops. She should get something special for her boyfriend, but after seeing everything in the mall, nothing seems to be special. Everything is so… mudane and the common things couples would get are couple keychains, rings, necklace, braclets.

It was too cliché to her.

“Tiffany-ah,” she called the younger girl and unchain their linked arms. “I think I’ll go somewhere else and look. There’s nothing here that interested me.”

Tiffany nodded and went off after reminding her about the safety and blah blah blah – Typical manager Hwang.

No doubt, the cheerful red-haired girl already had something in mind of her boyfriend. Being the extra romantic Hwang Mi young, she wanted to be just like every couple; an exact opposite of Taeyeon. Skipping into the jewellery shop that she had been eye-ing on for a long time, she pointed to the couple ring on display and made her purchase.

“Perfect.” She clasped her hands dreamily together and smiled at the cashier.

Sunny felt like she was walking the mall with two kids – Jessica and Hyoyeon. They were acting like ten-year-olds, laughing and running about. But indeed, she knew what happens when Jessica and Hyoyeon come together. They become a crazy pair.

“Yah, Sunny-ah. Look at this.” Hyoyeon lifted up a man’s brief in front of her and swing it in front of her face.

“Kim Hyoyeon!” she squealed and threw it another side.

Jessica turned into a laughing fit just by catching her reaction. “Great job, Hyo!” the crazy duo high-fived and ran to another corner, looking for suitable gifts for their boyfriends.

Ducking her head in embarrassment due to the situation just now, Sunny found herself walking towards the men’s shirt section and there were many varieties of shirts to choose from.

“Maybe I should get a shirt for him.” She thoughtfully kept that in mind.

Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona decided to shop together. It had been a long while since the three of them did something together and it would be great to share their opinions on different stuffs.

“What should I get for Yesung?” Yuri asked scratching her head and frowned, trying to figure something out.

“I heard he likes turtles.” Yoona said which led to Sooyoung pointing to a certain direction.

“There’s a toy shop! Let’s go and take a look!”

Entering the shop, the three of them went to look at different things. Yoona walked towards somethings boxing pillows while Sooyoung went towards to food toys section. Turtles soft toy definitely caught Yuri’s attention.

“I think I’m not getting this.” Yuri hugged couple turtle soft toy. One for her and one for Yesung.

After fooling around for about a good 30 minutes, Jessica and Hyoyeon finally started to get cracking. They were at the sections where soccer jerserys were sold and were deciding whether to buy it or not.

“I saw it first.” Jessica argued and pushed the younger girl away. To her, it didn’t felt right to get the same thing for her boyfriend and her best friend’s boyfriend.

Hyoyeon shot her a look but ignored the comment she made. “I can claim I saw it too first.” She stuck her tongue out at the latter.

Giving up (Because she was lazy to fight over the jersery), Jessica walked away from Hyoyeon and exit the store. She walked towards after direction which led her to a new discovery. Her eyes twinkled when she saw the shop that allows her to do her self-made gift to Donghae.

Even though she was labelled the lazy queen, it definitely didn’t stop her from trying something new.

“This food pushie is cute.” Sooyoung pinched the hamburger soft toy which had a cute face sew onto it. “Or maybe, I should get the lollipop one?” she asked indecisively.

After a few moments for so, she finally narrowed down her options, “I would take these two!” she declared, “And I’ll let Ryeowook choose which ever plushie he wants.”

Yoona sighed and look dejectly around the mall; she didn’t knew what was the greatest gift for Kibum. And then she remembered at she actually had the same phone model as him.

“Maybe having a coupled-phone-cover would be nice?” She smiled at the idea. Instantly, she recalled passing by a store that was selling cute phone covers. Without further ado, she quickly made her way there.

Taeyeon smiled satisfyingly at the purchase she made. She actually chanced upon a shop that sold cute plushies with sounds coming out from their tumnmy when the button is pressed. In addition to that, you could even do your own recording.

“Kya cute!” she smiled at the duck plushie that she had gotten for Leeteuk.

 

The party was going to be absolutely wonderful and perfect.

 

Finally, the much awaited day came without everyone’s knowing. It was joyous and festive with the element of surprise in it.

“Hurry up, Ryeowook.” Everyone pestered him to be done with the food since they were starving.

Ryeowook groaned and mumbled, “I don’t know what you guys didn’t take in my suggestion to get some pizza and stuffs.”

“Because Ryeowook does the best cooking in the world!” the rest of the boys chimed in together.

Laughters filled the air and everyone was prepared and awaiting for the arrivals of their girlfriends. Once they heard the sound of the doorbell, the nine boys immediately ran towards the door to welcome them.

“Jessica!”

“Omo, look at my Taeyeonnie!”

“You looked absolutely stunning, Yuri-ah!”

“Soonkyu, you’re always so cute!”

“See, Seohyun’s the best!”

“Sooyoung jjang!!!”

“Welcome, the goddess Im Yoona!”

“Dancing queen Hyoyeon!”

“Fany fany!”

Everyone was gathered in the living room, laughing and taking photos to commemorate ‘Hangeng’s birthday’ which was obviously fake.

“Happy Birthday, Hangeng oppa!” the nine girls greeted him.

Faking a smile, he thanked them for the wishes and sat beside Heechul.

 

 

Is it too sudden for the next chapter to be the final chapter?