Chapter Thirty-Four

Be My Baby

 

Sooyoung rubbed the sides of her temples. She sat at the side alone tonight. The pounding in her head wasn’t making things better either.

If she could make a wish now, it was for her to be home, tucked in bed, sleeping. Or if she was feeling better, eating.

She noticed at figure approach her but ignored it.

“Yah.” Ryeowook called.

Sooyoung looked up and gave a puzzled look but did not say anything.

“Aren’t you hungry? The food here is great!” Ryeowook pointed to the table of food.

Sooyoung nooded but did not looked eager to have all the food to herself.

“Choi Sooyoung! Are you sick?” Ryeowook placed the back of his palm against her forehead.

“Go away.” Sooyoung pushed his hand off.

“You’re having a fever!” Ryeowook gasped.

“And so?” Sooyoung shook her head, “Just leave me alone.”

Ryeowook refused and pulled the taller girl out of Eunseo’s house.

“Where are you bringing me?” she demanded.

Ryeowook continued pulling her, without answering her question.

Soon, they reached a silver Honda.

Ryeowook pressed the unlock button on his car key and opened the passenger seat door. “Get in.”

Sooyoung stared at him. “No, I promised Jess-“

“Just do as I say.” Ryeowook raised his voice a little, scaring Sooyoung.

“Alright.” She mumbled and texted Taeyeon.

Ryeowook took the wheel, inserted the key and the engine roared to life. This girl. He looked at the sick girl beside him. Doesn’t know how to take care of herself. He thought.

 

Eunhyuk led Hyoyeon on the the dance floor.

“I miss dancing with you.” Eunhyuk smiled, his gaze on her was soft.

Hyoyeon smiled back and layed her head on his shoulder. “We didn’t practice yesterday, and that was the only day we didn’t dance.”

“I can’t stand not dancing with Kim Hyoyeon for one day.” Eunhyuk proclaimed, earning a chuckled from Hyoyoen.

“Stop being cheesy.” Hyoyoen looked up and slapped his arm.

Eunhyuk gave him gummy smile. “No can do.” He winked.

Gentlely, he picked up Hyoyeon’s hand and spinned her around. “There.” She landed back into his chest.

Hyoyeon looked up and smiled at him.

“You’re beautiful, just the way you are.” Eunhyuk whispered into her ears.

 

“Ahhh~” Taeyeon opened and let Leeteuk fed her.

“Good girl.” Leeteuk patted her head.

*My turn* Taeyeon thought, she did the same for Leeteuk, but instead she fed him a big piece of fishball.

“Are you-“ Leeteuk chewed and said at the same time, his voice muffled. “Trying to kill your boyfriend?”

Taeyeon laughed and nodded innocently.

*Revenge is sweet* Leeteuk smiled and eyed Taeyeon. Taeyeon found something suspicious about the way he was smiling at her. “What are you-“

Leeteuk went forward and tickled her sides. “Yah, stop this!” Taeyeon said in between laughs.

“So, do you still want to choke me with that fishball?” Leeteuk questioned.

Taeyeon laughed and shook her head. “No.”

Leeteuk laughed along. “If not, no one would tickle you anymore.”

“Bleh. I don’t need anyone to tickle me.” Taeyeon stuck out her tongue, earning another round of tickles from Leeteuk.

 

Eunseo cleared and spoke into the mic on stage. “Thank you for coming to my party. I hope you all had a great time.” She smiled.

Her smile portrayed her as if she was an angel descending from the Heavens. It melted millions of guys’ heart and was the envy of most girls.

She went down the stage and saw the person whom she wanted to find most. Lee Dong Hae.

 

“I’m going to use the washroom.” Jessica told Donghae.

Donghae nodded. “I’ll wait for you here.” he gave her a kiss before she left.

At the very moment, Eunseo approached him. “Donghae oppa, having a good time?”

Donghae smiled and nodded. “Yes, thankyou for inviting me to this awesome party.”

“No problem.” Eunseo smiled and tugged a strand of her hair behind her left ear. “We haven’t had a drink yet. Shall we?”

Donghae hesistated for a moment and thought, Jessica would be coming out. But usually, she would take a long time. *A drink wouldn’t kill* he thought.

“You haven’t been entertained by me yet.” Eunseo sounded disappointed.

“Alright.” Donghae smiled and walked away with Eunseo.

 

Jessica walked out of the washroom and back to the spot where she and Donghae last met.

But, he was nowhere to be found.

“Aish, that fish promised to wait for me.” Jessica grumbled and scanned the crowd.

Her eyes landed on one person, Eunseo. Back facing her was a familiar back.

That’s Donghae! Her eyes widened. What he doing with her? She watched the two interacted from afar

Jessica couldn’t make her way over because it was too crowded and she was too lazy to move.

 

Eunseo smiled and laughed to everything that Donghae said. From her position, she saw Jessica staring at them.

Smirking under her lips, it was the perfect time to carry out her plan.

“Donghae oppa, you’re really funny. Jessica-ssi must be a very lucky girl.”

Donghae flushed red at the thought of Jessica. “She is lucky. I’m lucky to have her too.”

Eunseo sighed, “Oppa, if only you understand my heart.”

Donghae let out and awkward laugh. “Whoever’s your boyfriend would definitely be lucky.”

“Oh no…” Eunseo smiled sad. She bent forward and whispered into his ears. “I like you.”

Looking over to Jessica who was curious about the whole situation, she took the first step and gave Donghae a kiss.

On the lips.

 

***

// I'm so sorry to all Haesica shippers out there. T______T and this as to happen to our lovely ice princess, Jessica. D: