Chapter Thirty

Be My Baby

 

“Seo Joohyun!” Kyuhyun placed his hands in his pocket and walked towards her.

“Kyuhyun!” Seohyun waved and smile. “Are you sure this is a good idea?”

He nodded at his question. Skipping school with Seohyun, sounds legit. He smirked. “You can always change your mind about it.”
“I’m not going to miss out on this adventure.” Seohyun stated firmly.

“Alright. You are gonna have a hell lot of fun.” Kyuhyun grinned.

“Are you sure?” Seohyun warily asked.

“Definitely. It’s Cho Kyuhyun we’re talking about.” Kyuhyun smirked and walked off, leaving a dumbfounded Seohyun behind.

“WHAT?”

 

“Morning, princess.” Donghae bent down and kissed Jessica’s forehead.

Jessica smiled and picked up her Ipad on the table. “Let’s go and find the others.”

 

“Where are they?” Kangin furrowed his eyebrow.

“They must be busy dating.” Heechul rubbed his chin with his index finger and thumb.

“Hello!” Taeyeon and Leeteuk arrived together.

The couple looks like they are in a good mood. Leeteuk had his arms around Taeyeon hugging her protectively.

A few moments later, the rest arrived except for the two maknaes.

“What happen to Kyuhyun and Seohyun?” Leeteuk questioned.

Everyone shrugged their shoulders. No one had any idea where did the two have gone.  Something must smelt fishy between the two maknae and that they can’t seem to quite hit on.

“Seohyun won’t skip school unnecessary.” Yoona commented.

“You got the point.” Sunny nodded.

“Maybe it’s just pure conincidence?” Kibum didn’t suspect anything.

It was not easy to see whether Kyuhyun or Seohyun had feelings for each other. Both of them were difficult to read, and they don’t cross each other’s path.

“Nah,” Tiffany shook it off. “Seohyun will message us if anything happens. Let’s just head to class.”

 

“Do you think it’s just conincidence?” Taeyeon pressed her lips into a thin line.

“What? Kyuhyun and Seohyun?” Leeteuk questioned.

Taeyeon nodded and tried to reason. “I think our maknaes are up to something.”

Leeteuk thought and sang the same tune as Taeyeon.

Anyone could see that both Kyuhyun and Seohyun had some chemistry going on. It’s just that Seohyun’s too dense to see it and Kyuhyun ain’t the type to go for the girl.

“Maybe we could help them.” Leeteuk smirked.

“Bring them together or something. They are made for each other. Don’t you think so, teukkie?”

Leeteuk smiled and patted his girlfriend’s head. “We’ll do that. Kyuhyun definitely needs some help. Aigoo, My Taengoo is so smart.”

 

Kyuhyun and Seohyun were on the bus already, Seohyun took the window seat and Kyuhyun sat beside her.

“Where are we going?” Seohyun asked, looking out of the window.

“First, we’ll head to the street market.” Kyuhyun answered her question.

“Then?”

“We’ll figure it out.” Kyuhyun shrugged. He didn’t exactly know the places that girls liked to go.

Seohyun nodded and kept quiet. There was silence between them but it wasn’t those awkward ones rather, it was more of a comfort silence.

 

Since it was nine in the morning, and on a weekday, the bus started to be filled with people at each stop. Seohyun noticed an old granny together with her grandson boarding the bus. Looking around, no one gave up their seats for the duo.

“Kyuhyun, get up.” Seohyun said.

“Why? We aren’t even there yet.” Kyuhyun whined a little. But he still listened to her instructions.

Seohyun warmly smiled at the old granny and her grandson. “Here, granny, you can have our seats.”

The old granny looked up and smiled in gratitude. “It’s alright.” She declined. But Seohyun insisted. “It is okay. You can have it. We are alighting soon.”

With this, Kyuhyun and Seohyun stood for the entire jorney. Occassionally, their bodies touched each other because of the sudden stopping and packed bus, which made them felt a little awkward.

 

Finally they reached the street market. It was filled with people and the atmosphere was rather festive. The mixture of the frangrance of different food was in the air and caused Seohyun’s stomach to growl loudly.

Kyuhyun chuckled when he heard that. “You haven’t eaten?”

Seohyun smiled sheepishly and shook her head. “Not yet.”

“Alright, today, you’re going to gain some weight with me.” Kyuhyun took her hand and brought her to the first stall he wanted to try out most.

 

“Must we really make it for the Eunseo’s party this weekend?” Jessica threw a fit. She didn’t like the idea of going to the party.

“Why not? She invited us and it will be a great way to start the holidays.” Donghae argued back.

“I don’t like it, hae.” Jessica pouted in front of her boyfriend.

Donghae shook his head. “Leeteuk hyung and the rest would be going too… And most importantly, I gave her my word that we would be going.”

Jessica sighed, trying not to show much of her anger. “You could have asked me first.” But her tone sounded abit irritated.

“What’s wrong with making decisions without you?” Donghae shot back.

“What?” she raised her voice a little higher.

“Don’t you think it’s ridiculous? Just because you’re jealous of her-”

“Jealous of her?” Jessica glared at Donghae after that sentence.

“Aren’t you?” Donghae sounded in a matter-of-fact tone.

“I am not, Lee Dong Hae.” Jessica was too angry to even proof her innocent.

“Fine.” Donghae said, not believing her words.

He watched as Jessica walked off, without even replying him, or saying anything else.

Was I too much?

 

“Yoona!” Kibum waved as he noticed Yoona approaching him during physical education lessons.

“What’s up?” Yoona smiled, her eyes curved into crecent shapes.

“How’s P.E?” Kibum grinned.

“It’s alright. I guess.” Yoona looked down.

“What’s wrong? Is something bothering you?” Kibum managed to notice gloomy mood in Yoona.

“I’m alright.” Yoona assured.

And the bell rang, which indicated the change in lesson.

“Come on, cheer up a little. I meet you later.” Kibum took Yoona’s hands and pulled her with him. “Go change.”

“Ok. You too.” Yoona waved him away from the girls’ changing room.

“Okay, we’ll talk later then!” Kibum smiled and disappeared into the guys’ changing room

 

“Lee Soon Kyu!” Sungmin pounded on Sunny’s back. It kind of startled her.

“Yah!” Sunny pouted cutely back.

“Waeyo?” Sungmin gave a disapproving look.

“Stop doing that. It’ll scared the hell out of me.” Sunny shook her head.

Sungmin then wrapped his arms around her waist, “I’m sorry~” he did his aegyo.

Sunny rolled her eyes but Sungmin’s aegyo seems to have an impact on her. “Fine, you’re forgiven.”

“Sunny!” Tiffany called out. “Omo!” She saw Sungmin’s arm wrapped around her best friend’s waist.

“You and Sungmin?” Tiffany pointed.

Sungmin nodded, “You got it.” He giggled when he saw the priceless expression on Tiffany’s face.

“I knew it.” Tiffany mumbled.

“Alright, Sorry to snatch Sunny away from you for a moment.” Tiffany grinned. “We have something to dicuss. I believe Leeteuk is looking for you too.”

“Ah,” Sungmin nodded, “I’ll make a move first then. See you girls later.”

“Bye!” Tiffany said for Sunny.

 

For the past hours, Seohyun and Kyuhyun have been to six shops and continuosly eating. Seohyun felt as if she can’t fit anymore food in to her stomach. Kyuhyun still seems to be able to squeeze in some.

“Kyuhyun, why did you bring me here?” Seohyun asked, curious about the reason behind it.

Kyuhyun paused in his thoughts for a moment. “Hmmm… Shall we get some ice-cream first?”

Seohyun nodded. Even though she was full, her body still told her to have the food, since it was his treat anyway.

Kyuhyun had a chocolate cone while Seohyun took the mint one. Both made their way under the tree to enjoy their cold delight.

“To be honest, I have never come to a street market before.” Kyuhyun confessed.

Seohyun’s mouth turned in to an ‘O’ shaped.

Kyuhyun never came to a street market before?

“You never did?” Seohyun didn’t know how to react.

Kyuhyun shook his head, turned away and look at the overview of the night market while Seohyun observed him.

“I never did.” He managed a smile. “I guessed I’m a deprived kid.”

Seohyun kept quiet and let him continued.

“My parents were strict in my upbringing. Education and otherwise, they monitored everything about me. I hate it, really. I have plenty of tuition when I was a child; I was never able to do the things that I like. Now, I guessed, I’ll rebel. I disliked whatever they planned for me.”

Seohyun gasped. Kyuhyun’s life was much like hers. But instead, she enjoyed those things that her parents planned for her, she went with everything her parents said.

“But, how do you manage to play those games?” she asked.

Kyuhyun laughed, “My parents aren’t at home usually, but they’ll check on my progress, so I’ll just pretend to do when they are checking on me.”

Seohyun watched Kyuhyun as he stopped explaining. She didn’t know that Kyuhyun was like that. Sometimes, whatever people seemed like, that might not be their actual self. Kyuhyun is one example.

However, the more she looked at Kyuhyun, the more she felt her heartbeating more irregularly everytime she was around him.

What exactly is this feeling? 

 

// It's been a long well since i wrote. Guess, this chapter much though.. :/ comments are definitely appreciated! I don't know when i'll be able to update again. OTL. Sorry to make you wait so long. :(