Chapter Thirty-Seven

Be My Baby

 

“Have you heard?” a few girls whispered, engaged in their conversation.

“Haesica broke up!!!!”

“Ohmgeee!!! Are you serious!!!?”

“Nooooo my haesica ship is sinking!!!” one of the girls cried out.

“Jessica doesn’t deserve Donghae oppa.” Eunseo rolled her eyes and walked past the group of girls.

“Tch, says the who broke them up.” One of the girls retorted.

Eunseo stop abruptly and turned, facing the shorter girl. “I beg your pardon? Would you please say that again?”

Slightly startled, the girl shook her head and scurried away from Eunseo’s blazing glare. “.” She rolled her eyes and smirked.

 

Everyone whispered and glanced away quickly as the ice queen arrived. Jessica walked into the sea of students who were murmuring and whispered.

Some giggled and some sighed deflatedly.

Rumours spread like wildfire, I guessed news too?

“Damn, Jessica, you’re hot.” A guy winked at her. Jessica stared blankly, looked up at him once and walked away.

Friendzoned. LOL.

“I don’t even know why she gave up on Hae oppa.” Soorin, told her friend. “At least Donghae oppa is single now.” She smiled in triumphant.

“Jessica’s such a please.” Another girl snobbishly lamented and Jessica heard it. “Do you have a problem with me?” she raised her eyebrows in challenge as she stared right into the girl’s eyes.

“N-no.” the younger girl shook her head and hurried ran down the hallway.

Once again, Jessica stared at all the other students, some responded by looking away from her while others just hurriedly did what they want and moved away.

You wouldn’t want to step on Jessica’s foot on a day like this.

No doubt, the prevously once know for being cold girl is back. Let's welcome the return of the ice princess: Jessica Jung. 

 

“Hey bro, you heard?” Kangin nudged Shindong, who was eating away.

Shindong nodded, not reply, letting Kangin continued. “Man, what was Donghae thinking off?”

Heechul and Hangeng arrived together, frowning. “What’s with the atmosphere today?”

“Donghae and Jessica broke up.” Kangin whispered.

“WHAT?” Heechul screamed, “Donghae and Jess-“ his voice was muffled as Hangeng placed his hands on his mouth.

Rolling his eyes, Hangeng sat down on the chair and shook his head. “They were so cute together.”

“A perfect match even!” Heechul agreed.

“Too bad, they broke up.” Shindong concluded.

“Sup guys…” Leeteuk smiled and his brothers.

The rest followed.

“Is everything alright?” Kangin asked.

Yesung chirped a little too loudly, “Of course…. Not.”

Everyone turned and glared at him... “Opps, sorry.” Yesung bit his lip and walked off.

“Yah! Where are you going?” Ryeowook called after him.

Yesung sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. “Finding my Kwon Yuri!”

Siwon smiled. *At least Yesung has Yuri and I have Tiffany now. But Donhae…* he looked away at his best friend. “Man, that guy needs a lesson on girls” he mumbled to Kyuhyun who was beside him.

 

School past terribly slow today. Students gossiped and whispered, giving weird stares at Donghae and Jessica.

Donghae ran his fingers through his hair. *This is getting out of hand.*

“Donghae oppa!” Jinri, a younger girl approached him. Donghae gave a smile which made the girl squealed inside.

“Would you.. h-hang out with me, this weekend?” Jinri spoked softly, her voice pleading.

Donghae looked at the girl and inwardly sighed. “I’m sorry… I’m not free.”

Rejected, the girl looked down and walked away from the humiliation. Girls giggled at her silliness while some of the males gave dirty looks to Donghae.

“Douchebag, he doesn’t know how to treat a woman right.” A guy muttered to his friend who agreed.

Who says? Lee Donghae is a fine gentleman.

 

“Jessie, what do you wanna do?” Taeyeon asked.

“What about we head to your house and sing all night?” Tiffany suggested.

“Go night clubbing?” Hyoyeon thought carefully.

“Let’s chopping all the cucumbers available in the supermarket.” Sooyoung clapped.

Seohyun shook her head at her unnies. “Let’s head to the library!”

Everyone stopped and turned to look at the maknae.

Sometimes, she’s too education.

“I’m going.” Jessica said lifelessly, living the eight girls behind.

“What do we do?” Yuri frowned

Yoona shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. I’ll think of something. I’ll have to head somewhere first!” she waved goodbye and sprinted off.

“Where is she going?” Taeyeon wondered. Yoona was acting weird these few weeks.

“I’ll go find Hyukkie.” Hyoyeon blushed as she told them where she was heading.

Sunny nodded, “I agreed to look up for Sungmin too.”

Taeyeon smiled, all of her girlfriends were attached, so great. But Jessica…

Why did things have to go this way?

 

“Hyukkie~” Hyoyeon called from the kitchen.

Eunhyuk ran over immediately as she called. “Yes Madam?”

“Dinner’s ready. Go set up the table.” Eunhyuk did what he was told to do and quickly tidied the table.

Hyoyeon cooked dinner at Eunhyuk’s place and they both tucked in.

“Hmmm… it’s nice!” Eunhyuk beamed and looked at his girlfriend. But Hyoyeon wasn’t with him. “What’s wrong?” he seemed to notice her mood.

Hyoyeon shook her head. “It’s nothing.”

“It’s something.” Eunhyuk insisted and flicked her forehead.”Tell me.”

Hyoyeon sighed. “It’s about Donghae and Jessica.”

“I knew it.” Eunhyuk mumbled and stared down at his food. “You’re worried about them?”

Hyoyeon nodded and shook her head. “It’s not time to talk about this.”

Eunhyuk lifted up her chin and looked at Hyoyeon. “No worries love, I’ll talk to Donghae. We will. Soon.”

Hyoyeon smiled and Eunhyuk leaned in to give her a short kiss. “Frown again and I’ll kiss you.” This made Hyoyeon laughed. “Arrasso, I won’t”

 

Seohyun couldn’t get it off her mind.

Cho Kyuhyun, had kissed her. Stolen her first kiss.

“Why are guys so complicated?” Seohyun frowned and thought again. She blushed slightly when she recalled the feeling of having Kyuhyun’s lips on hers.

Wait, she still didn’t know why she was feeling this way.

You’re in love. Her subconscious answers her question.

“I’m in love? Seohyun questioned aloud.

Definitely, she is, but the pure, innocent Seohuyn doesn’t know a thing about ‘LOVE’.