Chapter Thirty-Six

Be My Baby

 

Jessica ran. Ran to wherever her legs could take her. She couldn’t take it anymore and fell onto the group. Everything around seems cold, wait probably her heart was already cold. The tears blurred her vision and the only light shining on her was the moonlight

“Lee Donghae, I hate you!!!” she screamed.

 

Donghae ran out of Eunseo’s house and turned right. He had a feeling that Jessica ran that way. Indeed he was right.

About 10 meters in front of him was the woman of his life, Jung Sooyeon.

Her backview seemed so vulnerable, so much did he wanted to ran to her and hugged, apologise a million to her.

And he did.

He ran and crashed into her. Hugging her protectively. “Jessica, I’m sorry.”

 

Jessica squirmed under Donghae’s grip. She struggled to get away from him. She hated him. How he made her opened her heart to him and it was him who made her heart close.

“Go away you idiot.” Jessica pushed him away.

“But-“

“Shut Up! I don’t want to hear anything about you and that person! Why don’t you just go back to her uh?”

Donghae stood still, not knowing how to react.

“I really really love you.” This words voluntarily come out of his mouth.

Jessica scoffed. She vowed never to listened to his sweet words again. But some how, her heart wavered.

“I really really hate you too.” Jessica spoke. That ain’t true. I’m just sick and tired of lies. But, I still love him.

Time will heal all wounds. Jessica convinced herself. “Let’s just go our own way from now onwards.”

“What?” Donghae’s jaw turned rigid.

“Let’s break up.”

 

“OMGEE OMGEE.” Tiffany worriedly chanted.

The fourteen of them had left immediately after Eunseo’s party. None was in party mode after hearing what happened between both Donghae and Jessica.

“I still can’t believe it.” Sunny frowned.

Hyoyeon nodded in agreement. “I’m gonna pluck out every single hair of hers if I have to.”

Eunhyuk laughed at the statement. As if you could pluck out anyone’s hair.

“Let’s just head home first.” Leeteuk said. “There’s no point waiting.”

 

Seohyun looked outside of the car. She was in Kyuhyun’s car. He ahd volunteerily offered to send her home. Surprising wasn’t it? Cho Kyuhyun actually offered to do something.

The atmosphere between was awkward. None of them had talk and the radio was playing Maroon 5’s One More Night.

Kyuhyun kinda lost focus on driving. Seohyun’s presence was that alluring to him. What the heck did he even agree to drive her home?

The drive to Seohyun seem to take hours. Finally they arrived outside the driveway.

None of them talked or moved. The only sound was coming out from the radio.

“Well…” Kyuhyun started but got cut by Seohyun. “Thank you for the ride home.”

Unclasping the seatbelt, Seohyun carefully opened the door. But was pulled back. Turning around, she turned to look at the person. Kyuhyun.

When she turned, their lips met. Kyuhyun’s and hers. For a moment, Seohyun felt botls of electric current flowing through her body. Was she getting an electric shock from kissing?

 

Kyuhyun quicky pulled away. “Goodbye.” He said without even looking back.

Jaw dropping, Seohyun thought she could at least get an explanation but none took place. “Well, good bye, Kyuhyun. Thank you for the ride again.” With that, she stepped out of the black car.

Looking at her retreating figure, Kyuhyun smirked inside his car and watched Seohyun enter her car.

Was that how her lips felt like? Soft, delicate and the lingering flavour of strawberry.

Kyuhyun drove home, feeling like the happiest man in the universe.

 

“You’re home, sweetheart.” Sungmin called out.

Sunny opened her eyes and saw that Sungmin has already pulled over. “Thanks.” She lean forward and gave Sungmin a lingering kiss.

“Love you.” He said and hugged her. “Be strong, my sunshine.”

Sunny nodded and smiled. Sungmin was always so sweet and caring towards her.

“Aigoo~” she chimed; pinching his cheeks whick earned a pout from her lover. “Arrasso, I’ll head home first.”

Sungmin acknowledge and waved goodbye to Sunny. His heart ached, knowing that Jessica and Sunny was close friend, yet he couldn’t do a thing for the woman he loved.

Love sometimes makes a person feel dumb and useless.

 

“Here we are.” Siwon slipped his hands in to her pockets.

Tiffany smiled, “Thank you for the company, Siwon.” Standing in front of her house gates, she didn’t want to go in yet. Something inside her told her not to go in.

Siwon bit his lips and wondered. Should he take this opportunity to say it?

“Uhm..”

Both looked at each other for a brief moment before bursting out into laughters.

“You go first.” Siwon ushered.

“No, you say what you want to say first.” Tiffany inisisted.

And this went on and on for a good few seconds, until Tiffany decided to let it go.

“Alright then, I’ll get going first.” Tiffany mumbled.

Siwon panicked a little, no, he couldn’t let her go yet. “Wait, Tiffany!”

Tiffany turned around to face him again, which made Siwon tongue tight. “I-uhm-I”

“IJUSTWANNATELLYOU, HWANGMIYOUNGTHATIREALLYREALLYLOVEYOU! Wouldyoupleasebemygirllfriend?”

Tiffany laughed at the way Siwon expressed himself. “You what?”

Siwon placed a firm girp on her and stared right into her eyes. “I love you, Tiffany. I really do. I think about you all day and all night. You are really different from the rest of the girls I have known…”

Tiffany smiled and warmed up inside, the feeling in her stomach stirred. It felt as though there were million of butterflies in her stomach.

“I would, Siwon. I love you too.”

Siwon smiled and pressed his lips against her, “Thank you, Tiffany.”

 

***

// I procastinate too much. T___T