Chapter Seventeen

Be My Baby

 

“Taeyeon, you look absolutely gorgeous today.” Leeteuk grinned and look at Taeyeon from head to toe. Taeyeon was wearing a blue, long, flowly gown and was walking beside Leeteuk. She lowered down her head slightly to make sure that Leeteuk didn’t saw her blush.

“Thankyou.” She smiled.

Both of them walked up to the rooftop in open space. “Omo, it’s so beautiful.” Taeyeon pointed up into the sky. Millions of stars shined brightly in the night sky of Seoul. Never did they even expect to see a shooting star to fly across the sky.

“Look it’s a shooting star!” Leeteuk exclaimed.

“Hurry make a wish!” Taeyeon closed her eyes and quickly whispered some words.

“What did you wish for?” Leeteuk opened his eyes and looked at the girl beside him, admiring her features. Kim Taeyeon has the most beautiful smile. He thought.

“Wishes cannot be told, or they won’t come true.” Taeyeon turned her head towards Leeteuk and stuck out her toungue at him.

“Fine.” Leeteuk gave a cute pout and Taeyeon returned with a ajumma laugh. “That’s unmanly.” She teased, again, sticking out her tongue, running away. “Last one at the entrance has to give a treat!”

“Wait up!, that’s cheating!” Leeteuk hurried chased after her, not wanting to be the loser.  

 

“Sooyoung, stop gorging on all those food!” Ryeowook looked at Sooyoung, who was trying to get as many food on the display table.

“You should really try this!” Sooyoung stuffed one sushi into his mouth.

“I can do even better than this.” He chewed and talk at the same time.”

Sooyoung laughed at his silliness and again, “If you eat and talk, you’ll choke. So stop talking!” and stuffed another sushi into his mouth.

“Yah!!” Ryeowook shouted and sushi rice flew out of his mouth.

“Oh my gosh…” some ladies turned out and look at him.

“Mianhe.” Ryeowook’s face turned bright red and went to look for Sooyoung. “AIshhh! That girl!” he thought.

“Look what you have done!” Ryeowook accused Sooyoung and pointed at his jacket.

“HAHAHA! It’s looks great on you!” Sooyoung laughed even hard and suddenly felt something on her face, It turned out that Ryeowook actually got some cream from the cream cake and placed it on her face. Ryeowook laughed and ran away quickly making sure he would not be caught by Sooyoung who was fuming.

“Come back here!” Sooyoung crashed into the crowd, chasing after Ryeowook who ran out of the ballroom.

“That’s rude.” Muttered some of the guests in the room.

“These kids.” Mrs. Kim shook her head and looked at Mrs. Choi who was beside her.

“How’s the deal going?” Mrs. Kim swirled the glass of wine in her hands.

“That’s between our husbands, I know nothing.” Mrs. Choi smiled politely.

“How about another deal?” Mrs. Kim smiled.

 

“Look at Sooyoung and Ryeowook! They were so funny!” Hyoyeon laughed and hugged her stomach which hurt from the laughing.

“That’s really interesting.” Eunhyuk laughed along with her.

“I’m getting really bored.” Hyoyeon pouted and Eunhyuk gave a smile laugh. “What?”

“No, it’s just that I had never seen you pout before.” Eunhyuk chuckled.

Hyoyeon looked around and saw a DJ controlling the the music in the ballroom and a great idea struck her.

“Eunhyuk, Let’s bring down the dance floor.” She smiled and walked over to the DJ and whispered something to him.

The music in the ballroom suddenly changed and many of the guests were surprised by it. Hyoyeon started grooving and dancing to the music with her usual style. Eunhyuk then joined her in dancing along which heated up the whole atmosphere.

“I believe that’s your daughter, Mrs. Kim?” Eunhyuk’s father Mr. Lee asked.

“Yes” Hyoyeon’s mom laugh in response.

“Such a sweetheart.” Mrs. Lee smiled and looked at both her son and Hyoyeon.

“Maybe we could have dinner together some day and discuss the rest of the things.” Mr. Kim suggested.

“Sure, we’ll take about the date another day.” Mr. and Mrs. Lee nodded in agreement.

“Lee HyukJae, this is so fun!” Hyoyeon grimed.

“We are turning this place upside down! It’s a business party remember? ” Eunhyuk chuckled. “Let’s go get some drinks!” pulling Hyoyeon along with him.

 

Yoona looked around the ballroom for familiar faces. Yuri had left her for Yesung who promised to show her his singing skills.

“Now, I’m all alone.” Yoona gave a cute pout and looked around for her unnies.

“Ottokae?” she thought and spot Kibum in a distance.

Kibum glanced over the crowd and was now looking in the direction of Yoona. Their eyes and met Kibum was curious about why Yoona was sitting there alone. He made the first move and walked towards Yoona.

“Yoona!” Kibum gave a warm smile.

“Kibum-ssi” Yoona smiled back.

“You alone?” Kibum asked and she nodded in reply. “Come on, I’ll take you out for a breather.”

Kibum and Yoona went out to the garden at the second level.

“Hmmm... The view here is great.” Yoona heaved a sigh of relief. Her parents were match-making her with another guy today and she didn’t like to be tied down by this kind of marriage. But knowing her dad, she had no chance to even say no.

“What’s wrong?” Kibum asked, interrupting her thoughts.

Yoona sighed, “Kibum-ssi, what are you views on arranged marriage?”

“Firstly, stop the formalities and call me Kibum or Oppa.” Kibum said jokingly.

Yoona blinked a few times and laughed, “Ne, Oppa~”

“Arranged marriage doesn’t really bother me, unless you can get along with the person really well. That’s a from of fate.” Kibum smiled and turned to look at Yoona.

“But what if you had feelings for another person person and your father objects?” Yoona sighed, this was getting complicated, she didn’t even know what she is talking about anymore.

“Get up, Im Yoona.” Kibum stood up and pulled her up. “It’s Friday, party time, let go and let’s play!”

Yoona just followed Kibum and smiled. “Where are we heading?”

 

Tiffany took a sip of wine and gulped it down. She really like alcoholic beverages and Sunny was with her. “Tiffany, look!” Sunny grabbed her hand and pointed in a direction.

There was a tall and handsome guy walking towards their direction.

“He’s so gorgeous!” Tiffany giggled with Sunny as though they were sharing dirty little secrets.

“Annyeonghasaeyo.” The guy bowed politely and they both bowed back.

“I’m Song JoongKi” the guy introduced himself and flashed a smile which could totally kill the entire female population.

“He’s cute.” Sunny whispered into Tiffany’s ear.

“I’m Tiffany and this is my friend, Sunny. Nice to meet you.” Tiffany told the guy and flashed her killer eye-smile.

“Nice to meet you too, are you two alone?” he asked and they carried on chatting. However, they were shocked to find out that Joongki was a senior in their school.

“You’re our sunbaenim?” Sunny blurted, almost spilling out the water in . Tiffany jaws dropped, how come she didn’t notice him in school?

Joongki just nodded and laughed at their silly expressions and went on talking about things they could talk about.

Siwon scanned through the ballroom; it was filled with businessman and their families. Everyone was busy with sometime. Then, someone caught his eye. Tiffany, he smiled but the smile didn’t last long because she was happily chatting with another. Who is he? Siwon wondered and went over, trying to join in the conversation because he wanted Tiffany to notice him.

“Hi.” Siwon bowed politely at the three of them.

“Hey Siwon,” Tiffany and Sunny smiled while Joongki just bowed back.

“May I join in?” Siwom gave a small smile.

“Tiffany, I’ll leave you both then.” Sunny whispered to Tiffany. “Joongki sunbaenim, let’s get some food!”

“Siwon, were you looking for me?” Tiffany asked.

“Err… sort of…” Siwon scratched his head. Now that he have found Tiffany, what’s he gonna do?

Tiffany just laughed, “Are you going to stand here forever?”

“Aniyo!” Siwon shook his head and laughed nervously. “Let’s go outside.”

 

Sungmin scanned the room again. He was with his parents and another girl’s family. Arrange marriage? Sungmin hated the though of it. He only knew that the girl was named Hyorin and was not interested in her.

“Sungmin ah~” his mother called.

“Ne, umma?” he replied and looked around the room again.

“Why not you bring Hyorin for a walk?” his mother asked.

“There she is!” Sungmin smiled, “Sorry Umma, I’ll looking for a friend. Bye!” he ran off into the crowd.

“Lee Soonkyu!” he called.

Sunny was still busy talking to Joongki when she heard someone called her name. she turned around and saw Sungmin running towards her.

Sungmin pulled Sunny into a hug. “Good to see you!” he smiled and saw Joongki looking at them.

“This is…”

“Joongki sunbaenim!” Sunny finished for him and introduced the both of them.

“Annyeonghasayo.” Joongki and Sungmin bowed.

They began chatting until Joongki excused himself from the conversation. “I’ll get going then. See you around in school!” he smiled and waved goodbye.

“Bye, sunbaenim!” Sungmin and Sungmin bowed.

“Were you looking for me just now?” Sunny asked.

“Yeah~” Sungmin said softly.

“What is it about?”
“Well, my parents had an arranged marriage for me. But I have no feelings towards the other party.” Sungmin sighed.

Both of them exited the ballroom and talked outside the garden.

“Soonkyu ah~ I really hate this.” Sungmin looked up into the sky and said. He was sure he had feelings towards… he thought in his mind.

“I’m sorry for you.” Sunny replied and looked over at Sungmin. She felt sorry that she can’t be of much help to him. As she looked, she admired his facial features. He’s so perfect.

Sungmin felt a pair of eyes was gazing on him, and when he turn to look at Sunny, their eyes met. For an instance, no one moved. Sunny looked away first and blushed slightly. What was she feeling? This feeling never came across her. Her heartbeat abnormally fast and she couldn’t turn to face Sungmin. Her face must have been as red as a tomato.

“Sunny ah~” Sungmin called sweetly, showing his aegyo.

 

“Where are you taking me?” Yuri asked in an excited tone. With her eyes covered by Yesung’s hand, they ventured out of the ballroom and were eventually led to an unknown place.

“Don’t open your eyes yet.” Yesung told her and place her on a seat.

“Can I open my eyes now?” Yuri pleaded.

“On the count of 1, 2, 3!” Yesung said.

And when Yuri opened her eyes, she was in a pavilion outside the building.

Oneuldo nae gieogeul ttarahemaeda
I gil kkeuteseo seoseongineun na
Dasin bol sudo eomneun niga nareul butjaba
Naneun tto I gireul mutneunda

Neol bogo sipdago
Tto ango sipdago
Jeo haneulbomyeo gidohaneun nal

Niga animyeon andwae
Neo eobsin nan andwae
Na ireoke haru handareul tto illyeoneul
Na apado joha
Nae mam dachyeodo joha nan
Geurae nan neo hanaman saranghanikka

Na du beon dasineun
Bonael su eopdago
Na neoreul itgo salsun eopdago

At the end of the song, tears form around Yuri’s eyes and she clapped for Yesung. His voice was wonderful, extrodinary, beautiful and smoothing.

“It’s awesome!” Yuri laughed and gave Yesung a pat on the back.

Yesung settled beside her and looked at Yuri. She really a goddess. Her kissable lips.

“Yuri ah~” Yesung shifted closer to Yuri’s face and their faces were just inches apart. “i… lik-“

“Ding!~” Yuri’s cellphone rang and she answered it.

“.” Yesung muttered under his breath.

After the phone call ended, Yesung asked Yuri what was it about.

“The grand dance is about to start!” Yuri squeezed Yesung’s hand and pulled him back indoor. “Let’s hurry back!” she squealed.

“I didn’t even get to say what I wanted to say.” Yesung sighed.

 

Seohyun walked to a corner of the ballroom where she was able to read her book in peace. All her unnies were occupied with something. Yet, she was here, without a partner and even after her mother introduced her to Yonghwa, she felt like she didn’t belong here. Seohyun sighed and scanned the room. Everyone was dancing and she was all alone. She spotted Taeyeon in a distance dancing with Leeteuk-ssi and smiled at her. Taeyeon returned her with a smile and asked her what she was doing. Seohyun was shrugged at the question and told her to enjoy the dance.

“Hey.” A voice said which made Seohyun turned.

It was Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun-ssi…” Seohyun greeted.

“Why aren’t you dancing?” he asked.

“Because I have no partner,” Seohyun tried her very best to didn’t sound sad. But still there was sadness in her tone.

I shouldn’t have rejected Yonghwa oppa. Seohyun thought.

“Let’s dance.” Kyuhyun smiled and took Seohyun’s hand. This shocked Seohyun. It was her first time dancing, and she didn’t knew what to do.

“I don’t know how to dance.” Seohyun whispered to Kyuhyun.

“Just go with the flow, I’ll help you too.” Kyuhyun whispered back.

Kyuhyun pulled Seohyun closer to him and this made Seohyun’s heart flutter and she blushed under him.

Cho Kyuhyun, what are you doing? Kyuhyun thought. He wasn’t the type who would think he could dance at a ball, but he really had the urge to dance with Seohyun. Why am I dancing with Seohyun? He asked himself. However, no matter how much he tell himself that he hated it, his heart still felt different. It is really weird.

 

Jessica walked around the ballroom, trying to spot Donghae. She made sure she looked her very best infront of him. Wait, why did i even need to do this? She thought. However, when she finally spotted him, he was chatting happily with another girl. Feeling a little angry and sad, Jessica turned and walked the opposite direction of where she was heading.

“Oh, I see.” Donghae chuckled. He was in the midst of the conversation with a girl his parents introduced him to. When he looked up, he finally saw who the wanted to see. Jessica. He smiled to himself. “Excuse me.” He told the girl and went to look for Jessica who disappeared all of a sudden. Soon, he found her outside the ballroom, hanging around the fountain.

“Jung Sooyeon!” called out.

Jessica heard someone who sounded like Donghae calling her name. She turned around and saw Donghae running towards her. So, I was dreaming. She smiled inside but choose to looked a little angry and turned away from Donghae.

“Hey, I didn’t see you around just now.” Donghae tapped her on the shoulders.

Jessica chose to gave him a cold shoulder and ignored him.

“What’s wrong?” Donghae turned Jessica around and gave her a cute pout.

“Why don’t you do that to the girl you were talking to just now?” Jessica said coldly.

Donghae gave her a blank look but quickly understood what she meant. “Oh, I see. Someone’s jealous.” He smirked.

“Yah!” Jessica’s face turned crimison red “I’m not!” she stamped on his feet and walked off.

“Ouch!” Donghae yelled in pain “Admit, Jessica Jung, you like me!” he shouted after her.

Jessica shrieked in anger.

Is she angry or is she feeling embarrassed? Donghae just admired her back as she walked away from him “I gotcha, Jessica Jung.” 

 

 

***

A/N: Hello everyone! Firstly, i'm really sorry for the lack of update and the longgggggg update. :/ Things have gotten really busy for me. Forgive me will yah? :3 Haha! Glad you like this update. i'll try my very best to update again. TaeTISeo - Twinkle is reallyreally addictive don't you guys think so? Please give them lotsa love~ Lastly, do the usual drills, comment and subscribe! No silent readers please! Give me some feedback about my storyline and how do you think i can improve more on. Writing isn't my forte but glad to have some advice from all you lovely folks out there. Till next time, i'll try to reply comments the next time i update! Once again, thanks to every single on of you who reads my fics. <3 Hugs and Kisses! :*