Happy Birthday!

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was a very late afternoon as Natalie and Jenny were in Vicky's apartment hanging out after they had finished with their classes for the day. The girls were doing a birthday cake for Jackson's twenty-second birthday. Even though they wouldn't be able to celebrate it with him and the other boys together as GOT7 were doing some overseas activities. But just like every other fan that weren't able to do such a thing, they celebrated amongst one another and ate it themselves. Although usually this was rare and sometimes the girls did it and other times they didn't. It depended on if they remembered or not. Anyways, as for Vicky, she left a few hours ago to visit her good friend, Chloe, to pick up pets Pembroke Welsh Corgis, Vanilla and Chocolate, and Van Cat, Marshmallow, that they shared together and would switch every other week or so in caring for them. She should have returned home those few hours ago, but Chloe had kept her longer.

"Hey, how do you spell Jackson's name in Korean again?" Jenny asked Natalie as she and Natalie were in Vicky's kitchen decorating the confetti cake Natalie had baked an hour ago while listening to the music off of Vicky's laptop that was still playing since Vicky had already left when the duo arrived. "Um... I don't remember." Natalie looked at her unsure. "I always spelled his name in English. Vicky would know though." "Vicky!" Jenny called out, but received no response. "She went out to see her friend Chloe. Remember?" Natalie reminded her. "Oh, yeah." Jenny then sent Vicky a text and received a short reply later.

"Should I do his name in Korean or Chinese? Vicky sent me both versions." Jenny asked her friend as Natalie shrugged while she stuck her tongue out at Jenny. "That's your bias. You choose." "OK, that doesn't help me." Jenny scrunched up her face as Natalie laughed at her while Jenny decided about which to do. "Ahh, if Vicky was here, she would totally make me try to write his name in Chinese." Just then her phone dinged and she laughed. "I guess Chinese it is then. Let me know when you're done setting it up." Natalie just nodded her head as she began frosting the cake in chocolate before placing a variety of fruits on top of it.

"Hey, wasn't Vicky supposed to be back by now?" Jenny asked Natalie as she finished writing the third character, 'yee', in Jackson's Chinese name. "Yeah, she should have returned like two hours ago. She probably got distracted and stayed longer talking to her friend." Natalie replied as she took pictures of the cake. "She always does that. Anyways, not bad, Jenny. Looks real nice." "Thanks, girl. It took forever." Jenny laughed as she let out a big breath of air. "Chinese is too hard. Only Vicky gets me to do such things." Jenny laughed as she finally took a break and massaged her wrist. "So what do we do now?" "I don't know, but I'm hungry." Natalie told her as she picked up a strawberry and ate it. "Let's go get something eat." Jenny also grabbed a strawberry and bit into it. "Where'd you wanna go eat?" "Let's go get some phở and bánh xèo at Papaho while we wait for Vicky to get back to eat the cake."

As the girls were about to grab their things to leave, the girls then heard a dialing tone. They turned to look at Vicky's television as her laptop was hooked to the t.v. screen once again. "Oohh, Mark’s calling." Jenny teased Natalie while elbowing her. "You should answer it." Natalie gave her a shy, but excited look, but went to answer it anyways while exiting the music player. She was greeted by a face she wasn't expecting. "Oh! Natalie, hi." Yugyeom greeted her with a big smile as he spoke in English. "Hey, Andrew." Natalie let out cheerfully while using his English name whenever they spoke in English as Jenny joined her and waved as well. "Hello, Jenny!" Yugyeom continued as he learned to call them by their English names whenever speaking in English as well. "What are you doing on Mark's name?" Natalie asked him in Korean. "Because he's the only one that has it." Yugyeom cheekily replied and then asked in English, "Where is Vicky?"

"Oh, she went to pick up her kids." Natalie let out without realizing what she said. "Wait, what?!" Another voice spoke in shock as Jackson soon joined Yugyeom. "Vicky has kids? Since when?" "Ahh, no, that's not what I meant. She doesn't have kids, kids." Natalie waved her hands in front of her while laughing. "They're her pets. She has two dogs and a cat that she shares with a friend." "What? What? I confuse." Yugyeom let out a bit in broken English. "Explain me, please" Jenny translated for the poor boy as Yugyeom let out an 'oh' once he understood. "Where are the others?" Jenny then asked still using Korean as it was still just the two boys. "They're resting." Jackson then picked up the laptop and swerved it around for the girls to see the boys all sprawled out. "Say hi to the girls, guys." Jackson announced in English. "Hey boys!" The girls greeted them as the boys returned the gesture with friendly smiles.

Jackson returned the view back onto him and Yugyeom. "So, what are you guys up to?" "We were about to go to Papaho to eat." Natalie answered still speaking Korean. "What about you guys? Don't you guys have some activities to do still?" "We're taking a break for now. We just got done with rehearsals." Mark replied in English as he joined his two members. "We have an event in about two hours, and I didn't think Gyeom was serious about calling Vicky to see how you guys were doing before then." He shot them a smile and Natalie swooned inside, but didn't let it show. "Aww, maknae, you're so sweet." The girls cooed. "Well, now that's done, do you girls have anything to say to me?" Jackson asked with a smile bringing the attention onto him. "Like a greeting or something." The girls gave him a weird look and then it clicked. "Oh, yeah. Hold on." Both girls scrambled away to fetch the cake, candles, and a lighter. The trio just gave one another a weird look and then returned their attention onto the girls again.

"Happy birthday, Jackson!" The girls wished him in English as they carried in the cake with the candles lit and placed on top of it. "Ohh, yay, a cake!" Jackson let out happily once he saw the cake. "For me?" "No, Jackson, it's for Mark." Natalie sarcastically replied while she rolled her eyes although she caught the look Jenny shot her. Mark let out a big laugh as he comforted a pouting Jackson. "Why Mark? It's always Mark." "Because Mark hyung is popular than Jackson hyung." Yugyeom remarked teasingly as Jackson shot him a 'whatever' look. "We're just playing, Jackson. It's for you." Jenny chuckle as she tilted the cake to show him the writing. "See, it has your name on it." "Whoa, nice. Good job." Jackson let out impressed as he gave her a thumbs up. "Let's sing the birthday song! Everyone, c'mere!" Jackson yelled out and soon enough the other four members crowded around Mark's computer screen and they all sang the birthday song for Jackson.

Once the song was over, Jackson closed his eyes while praying and then blew out air in his JYP technique way while pretending he was there to blow out the candles. But the flames were still flickering and everyone gave him a confused look. "Hey, why didn't you blow out the candles for me?" The girls looked at one another and the boys looked at Jackson. "Well... blow out the candles before it ruins the cake." Jackson insisted as the girls blew out the candles. "Happy?" "Yes. Super happy!" He beamed and then a grin appeared on his face once again. "So, what did you guys get me?" "Nothing." The girls replied in unison as they looked at one another and laughed.

"What? This isn't a laughing manner!" Jackson began pouting. "Eyyy, why would they need to buy you anything?" JB asked Jackson while chuckling. "Pfft. Coming from the guy who wanted us to come with light hearts and full arms." Junior stated shooting JB a cheeky look as JB laughed it off. "What? That was a long time ago. It's all in the past." "You even made us do it again this year, too." Youngjae recalled. "Making it sound like a threat once again if we didn't come." JB shot Youngjae a dark look and Youngjae shifted his eyes elsewhere. "Or not." He then looked at the girls and made a motion like he was telling a secret. "But it's still the truth." The girls laughed.

Just as someone was going to speak, they were all surprised to see two furry things suddenly appear. "Ahh, Chocolate!" Natalie let out in surprise as a black dog jumped at her. "Choco, calm down!" Natalie let out as the black female Pembroke Welsh Corgi jumped about her while Vanilla was all over Jenny. "Haha, it's good seeing you, too, Vanilla. How are you girl?" Jenny cooed as she rubbed Vanilla's face and petted her head as the yellow-brown dog tried to her face. "Are those dogs?" Yugyeom asked as he continued to see the two Corgis being active around the two girls. "Ahh, I miss Coco." Youngjae pouted. "Me, too." Mark added with his own pout as he touched the screen. "Such cute dogs though. Are they Corgis?"

Just then a white furry thing brushed itself across the webcam, and Mark removed his hand instantly as he was unsure of what walked by so suddenly. The boys wondered what that was until they noticed it was a cat. "Does that cat have two different colored eyes?" Bam Bam asked as he looked at s. "What kind of cat is that?" "Is it on a leash?" JB let out confused and then frown. "I really miss Nora." JB let out in a sad tone and Junior then patted him on the shoulder. "I'm Nora, remember. Meow." And he did a Nora imitation and JB shot him a small smile while he patted Junior on the back of the head affectionately. "Yes the dogs are Corgis and yes she's on a leash and she's a Van Cat. The eyes are normal for its breed." Vicky answered them as she lifted up the cat from walking all over her laptop and removed the leash from her collar. "C'mon, Marshmallow, away from the electronics."

"Marshmallow? Chocolate? Vanilla?" Mark let out with a laugh as he spoke in English. "Were you hungry when you were naming your pets, Vicky?" "I was not the one that named them. My friend did the naming." Vicky laughed and then squatted down to look at them and for them to see her directly through the webcam. "Hey guys." She waved with a wry smile. "Whoa. What's up with your hair?" Jackson let out in Korean as he was amazed at the coloring of Vicky's hair. "I guess you do like pastel colors." Mark chuckled seeing the new colors. "Looks like an idol's hair." Bam Bam laughed. "Well, to me, it looks like cotton candy." Youngjae remarked still staring at Vicky's hair.

"Whoa. It is like cotton candy." Jenny agreed, but used English as she looked at Vicky and touched her hair. "Is that why you took so long? To do your hair?" "I didn't want to do my hair, because I just wanted to visit and get the animals, but my friend needed a guinea pig and so she used me to experiment the coloring for this one." Vicky informed her as she touched her newly dyed hair. "But yeah, the reason why I stayed later than originally. Also, I'm still trying to get used to it." "Mang, makes me wanna do my hair, too." Natalie said as she grabbed a fistful of her own deep auburn hair. "Kinda bored with this hair color already." Natalie made a face and let go of her hair as she tried to calm down the black Corgi. "Choco, down."

"Just let me know and I'll get Chloe to do it for you." Vicky looked over at her sister as she placed Marshmallow onto the floor after removing the leash from her collar. "OK." Natalie shot her sister an O.K. sign as she finally got the leash off of Chocolate. "What's the color or style called?" "Well, the colors are pastel purple and pastel blue, but my friend prefers to call it 'pastel candy floss' and it's ombre style. Or what she tells me that is because she told me something about a 'sombre', a 'balayage', and a 'flamboyage'... so I don't really remember." Vicky explained as she combed her fingers through her now dual tone colored hair. "I like it a lot though." "Yeah, I want an ombre, too. I think I want either auburn again, red, violet, and peach colors. Or different shades of blue. I definitely want teal that's for sure."

"The first one you mentioned, there's one called the Georgian sunset ombre which has all three colors. My friend show me a few of the blue versions. Here." Vicky grabbed her phone and showed the girls the pictures. "This is the one I said earlier and this is a similar one, but she calls it 'sunset at the beach'. Now the blue ones. She calls this one the 'sea foam mermaid'. I like this one the most. Another is the 'deep ocean blue' which is pretty cool, too. And I think this one is called the 'blue storm'. Oh and here is a teal one that is more at the end of the hair then throughout the whole thing." "Oh, what is that one?" Jenny asked when Vicky passed by a photo and went back to it. "Oh, Chloe calls this the 'purple rain'." "I like that one. Maybe I'll do mine, too." Jenny pondered as she lifted a few strands of her dark orange-blonde hair before letting go of it. "Yeah, just let me know and I'll let my friend know so she can hook you up, too." Jenny nodded her head in agreement as Vanilla settled herself into her lap after her leash was removed.

Please log in to read the full chapter