Scavenger Hunt

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Hey! Mark. Mark. Mark! Hey! Hey! Maaarrrkkk!" Natalie yelled in English to get Mark's attention as she tried to keep up with him, although she didn't mind holding hands with the idol. "Slow down! Hey! Maaarrrkkkk!" Mark finally stopped in his track and Natalie ran into him. "Oof." Mark turned around with an apologetic look and let out a sheepish laugh. "Sorry. Haha, I guess I'm just excited about this scavenger hunt." "Why?" The two began to walk side by side now, although they were still holding hands without noticing. "I dunno actually." He shrugged. "Maybe because it's your sister? Somehow she's quite entertaining." "Yeah, she can be. Although I think she's just lying about this." Natalie replied as she held up the piece of paper. "Knowing her, this is just for her own amusement."

Mark took the paper. "What makes you say that?" He stared at the drawings again. "A blue koala looking thing. A lightning bolt. And um, a raccoon? A rat? I actually can't tell what that last drawing is." Mark laughed as Natalie snatched back the paper joining in. "Her drawings are horrendous. I wonder if she asked the workers for the colors since she colored them in. Huh, the last one looks like an OkCat." Natalie then used the hand that was intertwined with Mark's to point at the the third image. "See, its fat head and skinny body. Haha, that's definitely an 'original' OkCat." Natalie laughed and then she turned to look at Mark and then noticed where he was looking. "Oh, sorry." She removed her hand out of his as she felt embarrassed about it for some reason. "But um, yeah." She let out weakly as she avoided looking at the GOT7 member.

"Oh, it's um, no, don't be sorry about it." Mark dismissed the action, and looked ahead of him as well as his hands rubbed against his sides nervously. "So you were saying?" "Oh yeah." Natalie focused on the paper again and then frown. "This is Stitch from Lilo and Stitch." "How do you know that?" "The six-two-six that's barely there." Natalie showed him as she pointed just below the drawing. "Then I don't get the lightning bolt, but I do get that this is OkCat. So Stitch and OkCat." "What does the six-two-six have to do with anything that's Stitch?" Mark looked at her confusingly. "Because it's y-" Natalie stopped herself from telling him the real meaning behind the significant number and of the blue creature that was an inside joke between her and her sister.

The thing about Stitch was that it related to Mark. Because Mark was from the 626 area code in California, Vicky had joked about it and said he was Stitch. As Stitch's experiment name before being renamed Stitch by Lilo was Experiment 626. So whenever the girls wanted to talk about Mark in public so that others didn't know who they were talking about and just assumed the two were talking about the alien. Stitch was the replacement word for Mark. Luckily it hasn't caught on and Natalie didn't want to ruin that now by telling the real Mark that she and Vicky called him Stitch for the fun of it and to talk about him in code. So, Natalie made sure to continue to keep that as a secret word amongst her and her sister.

"Because it's what?" Mark asked still looking at her as they were still walking ahead of them. "Because it's... um... it's..." Natalie looked everywhere but him and decided to just divert the attention elsewhere since she hated being put on the spot for such things. "Oh, look. A little dog!" Natalie pointed ahead of them when she saw a girl walking a poodle in the distance. "Where?" Mark took the bait and looked to see where she was pointing. "Aww, it's so cute." Mark cooed with a laugh and Natalie let out a relieved sigh. Gah, maybe I should kill Vicky instead, she thought as she scrunched up her face at the thought. But at least I get the chance to hang out with this cutie. She quietly laughed after thinking that.

It was short-lived since Mark return back to the previous topic after he finished staring at the poodle after they walked passed it. "But yeah, seriously, because it's what?" Natalie let out a sigh. "It's nothing, really. Don't worry about it." Mark let it slide this time around. "Fine. So, we have Stitch," He stressed that bit before continuing, "And the OkCat. What could the lightning bolt mean?" Natalie shrugged. "Hmm, well, we can say the two are types of characters. Is the lightning bolt related to anything with a character, movie, or phone app?" Mark asked her unsure. Natalie thought about it and remembered something. "Well, Vicky likes the Harry Potter series. And that Harry guy has that lightning bolt scar. It could be him."

"So that means she is either at a library, bookstore, or at the movies?" Mark concluded. "Although I would rather opt for the movies, since I hate reading." He laughed. "What do you think?" "Well, knowing my sister, she's a complete bookworm. So she'll be with books, although movies are nice, she likes reading more." Natalie reasoned. "So that means we're not going to the movies?" "Basically." "And I wanted some popcorn and soda right now." "Maybe next time, buddy!" Natalie laughed as she patted him on the shoulder. "Does that mean you're asking me out on a date?" Mark let out playfully. "Wait, what?" Natalie looked at him confuse as she was surprised at the sudden words. "It's nothing, really. Don't worry about it." Mark said using her words with a playful look.

"Hey, don't use my words against me!" Mark stuck his tongue out at Natalie as she gritted her teeth. "You lil piece of sh..." Natalie trailed off as she realized what she was about to call Mark. "Were you about to call me a 'piece of shiet', Natalie?" Mark's jaws dropped. "No, Mark. I don't know what you mean. Let's go to the library." Natalie lied as she ran ahead, but Mark stopped her. "Natalie, the library is the other way." "Really?" Natalie then ran back towards him. "Basically." He used her words again. "Stop you lil piece of..." She trailed off again with a sheepish look. "You were gonna call me a 'piece of shiet' again, huh?" Mark narrowed his eyes at her. "What, no way, buddy. Let's go!" Natalie laughed concealing the truth as she ran in the direction of the library. "You're such a liar." Mark called after her with a laugh of his own as he tried to catch up with her.

~~~~~~~

"Need to beat Mark! Need to beat Mark! I need to beat Mark!" Jackson chanted in English as he continued to run in a different direction from Mark and Natalie with Jenny still in tow and hand still in hand. "Hey... can... we... slow... down?" Jenny let out breathlessly as she tried to keep up with the idol. "I... can't... breath. Jackson?" Jenny ran into Jackson's back when he heard that last part as he abruptly stopped in his tracks. "Are you okay? You're not tired, right? You're not going to die, right?" Jackson asked concerned as he let go of her hand and began to check the temperature of her forehead. "You feel normal. Are you okay? Do you wanna sit down or something?" Jackson continued to fuss over Jenny.

As for Jenny she was surprised by his actions and kind of froze in place as she really didn't know how to respond. Jackson took her silence that she wasn't okay. "Do I need to take you back to Vicky's apartment? Or to the doctor or something?" Jenny snapped back to reality. "Uh, I'm good. Sorry." Jenny answered as she took a few steps back from Jackson, but Jackson took a few steps closer. "Are you sure?" Jenny nodded her head as she didn't trust her voice to speak. "You're not lying, right?" "Yeah." She answered finding her voice. "You sure?" "Yes, Jackson. I'm sure." Jenny assured him now that her feelings had calmed down and she could think rationally again. "Jackson, I'm fine. Really. Just need to catch my breath is all."

"Good, then let's find Vicky and claim my prize. Our prize." Jackson corrected as an afterthought as he began walking again and Jenny caught up to him. "Why are you so interested in winning the prize? As far as you know, it could just be nothing, or a free drink at Fairy Sweets." Jenny reasoned knowing that Vicky would do such a thing. "Besides, how are you going to find her when you don't even know what the clue means?" "I so, too, know what the clue means, Jenny." Jackson made a face at her as he looked at the piece of paper again. "That's a weird looking T. Another weird looking letter like an M. And that's... a balloon upside down or a weird looking Q or something." Jackson let out less confident as he deciphered Vicky's drawings one after the other.

Jenny laughed and grabbed the piece of paper and turned it right side up. "I think that's a lot clearer now. Don't you think?" "How?" Jackson asked as he still couldn't make out the meaning of the pictures. "I think that's a sword and not the letter T. This is clearly a crown as you can tell by the jewels and the circular shape. And that... um, I think that's a lollipop because of the squiggly lines." "How do you know that?" Jackson asked amazed that Jenny could decipher Vicky's bad drawing skills. "Only the crown actually looks right, but everything is still questionable." "Oh, she's not that bad of an artist, I think this was just rush since she did four other ones." Jenny shrugged. "I just wonder what all of this means though."

"You tell me. You've known Vicky longer." Jackson said as he stared down at the piece of paper again. "Yeah, but not as long as Natalie though." Jenny reasoned. "But then again, even Natalie has a hard time reading her sister. Haha." Jenny laughed at the thought. "You're no help." Jackson grumbled. Jenny rolled her eyes, but Jackson didn't notice. "Why are you so intent on winning?" "Just because." Jackson replied indifferently with an easy smile and then looked over at Jenny. "Also, I just want to beat Mark." Jenny just shook head with a chuckle as she cast him a smile before looking ahead. Maybe I should thank Vicky for this, she thought as the smile stayed longer on her lips. Getting alone time with the wild and y, Jackson Wang, who's a little more cute than I thought.

"Aww, is that smile because of me, Jenny?" Jackson with a wide grin as he nudged her. "What? Noooo." Jenny denied although her face said otherwise. Jackson gave her a suspicious yet amused look. "You're lying." "I am not." Jenny looked everywhere but at him. "Anyways, where do you think Vicky could be?" Jenny asked him instead which turned his attention back to the clue. "So this is a lollipop. This is a crown. And that's a sword. What do they have in common?" Jackson wondered. "Is it a game? A costume? Because I can't think of anything else besides those two." "Hmm..." Jenny pondered on what Jackson said and then let out her own thoughts.

"I rather say it's a game and not a costume. Something like Candy Crush, maybe." Jenny concluded. "What makes you say that?" Jackson asked giving her a confused look. "Well, the crown because of the king and a sword is a solid object to smash the candy. And a lollipop is a type of candy. Something like that. I don't know." "Does Vicky play the Candy Crush game?" "No. Natalie does." "So does this mean we're supposed to find Natalie and Natalie will find Vicky?" Jenny let out a laughed at the absurd idea of it. "What? Why is that funny? Isn't it a good thought?" "I dunno, it was just funny. Sorry." Jackson gave her a look before focusing on the drawings again. "A crown, a lollipop, and a sword. I don't get it."

"Hmm, if we stick with the game idea, then maybe it's Candyland." Jenny suggested. "In the game you have to find King Kandy." "Do you fight with swords in the game?" Jackson asked her. "Not really. It's a kid's game, so there's no fighting, per se." "Then we're back to square one, again." "We just have to think. Look, there's the possibility of it maybe being Wreck-It Ralph." Jenny threw out one more idea. "What's that?" "It's a movie about arcade games. There's this guy, Ralph, that destr

Please log in to read the full chapter