Black Day

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Food is served!" Natalie announced as she set the last plate of food onto the coffee table. "Ohh, that looks sooo good." Jenny complimented as she stared at the tteokbokki ramen. "Alright, let's eat!" Vicky clapped her hands together as she picked up her fork in one hand ready to attack the green bean casserole while chopsticks in another to grab at some scrambled eggs with the fried rice. The girls dug into their food as they were seated in Vicky's living room around the table filled with various food, snacks, sweets, and drinks. Today was April fourteenth, and that meant it was Black Day in South Korea and the girls were celebrating the holiday in their own special way. Instead of just eating black-colored food, the girls were just eating home cooked meals, and hanging out with their own single self. As for Vicky's pets, they were with Chloe this time around.

Since Natalie enjoyed cooking more, she had made green bean casserole, tteokbokki ramen, fried rice and scrambled eggs, and chocolate chip stuffed oreos cookies for their Singles Day meal. Jenny wasn't a cook, but she happily provided the tasty alcoholic beverages as she was a pro at such a thing. She knew the best combo of flavors as well as if she enjoyed them, so would the sisters. As for Vicky, well, she gave them money for the things as she herself just bought sweets, snacks and drinks from the store along with whatever she had sent to her from back home in courtesy of her mother already in her fridge and storage. After filling up their plates and putting in a random movie, the girls got into discussing about the holiday itself like they did a year ago in English.

"I can't believe we ditched class today just to hang out on Black Day again like we did last year." Jenny commented while digging into ramen. "Gah, this is so good." "Ha, don't care. I'm caught up anyways." Natalie shrugged as she ate a stuffed cookie. "School gets boring sometimes." "Of course coming from you when you're always stressing." Vicky retorted after finishing her first portion of fried rice and moving on to the casserole. "People really need to take a break from studying. Relax the mind more." "Or did you just want to take a break from seeing you know who today?" Jenny teased. "Yeah! You're supposed to see Mark today and was supposed tell me what happened with him today." Natalie interjected. "Pssh, yeah right. I'll see him again next week. So don't worry." Vicky dismissed before diverting the conversation to another topic.

"So, what, no boyfriend this time around?" Vicky asked while looking at her sister. "I thought you would be spending your Black Day with a guy this year." "Pssh, I wish." Natalie made a face. "No time. No one interests me. So lame." "Yeah, yeah. No one in reach of real life, that is." Vicky rolled her eyes and then looked at Jenny. "Your excuse?" "I tried looking, but didn't get that far since I stopped with the whole get-together stuff." Jenny laughed. "Just focusing on school mostly." Jenny shrugged and then looked at the older girl. "What about you, huh? Where's that lucky guy at?" "Hey, I told you guys all this already. I can't see myself with someone because I'll feel sorry for the guy." Vicky explained once again. "I don't like cuddling, doing all those couple stuff, interacting in a lovey-dovey manner, and I really like my silence and alone time. I don't want to put that guy in that kind of position if he's with me."

"Bull." Natalie shot at her. "You just don't want to give me nieces and nephews." "Okay... one of your older bro already did that. He gave you two. A nephew and a niece and two step-nieces." Vicky fired back with a chuckle. "That's a different story." "Hey, what about that Taesuk dude?" Jenny brought up. "Why don't you guys become a couple?" "Oh yeah, that guy from Jeju Island with the killer dimples." Vicky interjected. "Yeah, make him my future brother-in-law and you can give me nieces and nephews instead." She let out with a laughed as Natalie just glared at her. "No, he's not my type. Besides, I see him more like a brother anyways." "You already family-zoned him? He was really cute though." Jenny let out a bit disappointed. "Although I still need to meet him." "He's a nice guy. Thought I was Naly until I gave him a weird look and then he realized I wasn't who he thought I was." Vicky laughed remembering the incident.

"Like I said. You guys look alike at a glance." Jenny insisted. "Until someone gets to know you better." "Like you and Jasmine." Natalie pointed out. "Yeah, no. We're not exactly identical twins though so we don't look that much alike." "OK, alright. Whatever. Anyways, does he know that you know that 'Jeffrey' is actually 'JB' though?" Vicky wondered as Natalie shook her head. "No. He still thinks I think he's just a random guy name Jeffrey." "I don't even know how you're still pulling that off." Jenny let out with an impressed look. "I thought you would have given yourself away or something.” I almost did every time I see and talk to Taesuk. But somehow I always catch myself from telling him the truth. It's a secret that I'm not going to just release so easily when wanting to respect their privacy and such."

"Yeah, true, true. Anyways, how's it going at Boba Time?" Vicky asked them about their part-time job while casually glancing at the t.v. from time to time. "Is the place any good? I still haven't gone yet." "It's alright." Natalie replied with an indifferent shrug. "Pay is hella nice. People are good. Customers are idiots sometimes, but other than that it's hella easy." "Well, easy for you to say." Jenny scoffed. "I'm still freaking slow as it is when making the drinks." "Haha, you're still a snail even all the way over here." Vicky . "Yeah, whatever, Vicky." Jenny stuck her tongue out before stuffing a spoonful of fried rice in . "I think the owners just don't know how to explain stuff, and they always change it whenever they mess up to look good and make their workers look bad. Kinda sad actually"

The sisters nodded their head in agreement before Natalie spoke again. "Yo, so what's up with you and JB now?" Natalie directed at Vicky with a grin. "You're ignoring him now or what?" "Why you gotta bring him up for?" Vicky scrunched up her face. "I totally forgot about the dude." "Yeah, that's a damn lie, Vicky." Jenny outed her. "I know you won't forget about your bias." "Whatever guys. Do we really have to talk about this?" Vicky asked focusing her attention on her plate of food. "Hell yeah." Natalie let out with a chuckle. "Why you being so mean to your man, huh? He didn't do anything wrong." "First of all, he's not my man." Vicky reasoned while putting up her index finger. "Second of all, I'm not being mean. That's just how I am." She lifted a third finger. "And three... GOT7 is irrelevant in this Black Day discussion." "Then what about you, Natalie? What's up with you and Mark now?" Jenny called the other sister out before Natalie could sister some more.

Natalie shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. "Nothing. He's cute and y." She laughed as she ate her tteokbokki ramen. "Vicky tells me everything that goes on about him when she's with him." Vicky made a face but let out a laugh. "Gah, man, you and Mark. I just always have to tell you everything and I don't know why." "Because you love me, duh. Anyways, Mark's gorgeous. How can you not love him?" Natalie asked with an amused yet serious face as the other two laughed. Then the attention was put onto Jenny. "What about you and Jackson, Jenny?" Natalie asked her. "How is it in person to actually know the guy and not through a computer screen or photobook anymore?" Jenny shrugged with a happy expression. "He's definitely hot, yet still it's nothing much really. He seems the same as he is on camera now that I really see it and get to interact with him. Except that he's just way better looking in person." Jenny laughed after she said that. "So much better."

"Dude, he is." Natalie agreed. "Mang, they all look better in person. Except my man. He looks good all day, every day, and all the time." She wriggled her eyebrows up and down as she showed the cover screen where Mark's image was on her phone. "Freaking y, right here." "Gah, you're an idiot." Vicky laughed as she shook her head. "Okay, coming from the one that always denies her bias." Natalie stated putting away her phone and consuming her food once again. "What do you have against the guy?" Jenny asked Vicky curiously. "I have nothing against him." Vicky said with a wry look. "This is how I act towards all my biases, well, only a selective few." "By selective, she just means JB at this point." Natalie laughed as Vicky shot her a dark look and Jenny just laughed at the sisters' interaction.

Just then, Vicky's buzzer sounded to notify them that someone was at the door. They all froze. "I'm not answering that." Vicky stated as she ignored the buzzing a second time and went back to watching the movie and eating. "Oh, c'mon. It could be someone else." Jenny reasoned. "Doesn't mean it's always GOT7 just wanting to hang out every chance they get." "You never know though. It could be. I don't want to get killed from my own feels and of the fans I really do not want them to find out. It could get scandalous and scary." Vicky insisted. This time a few rapid knocks sounded. "You should go answer it. Sounds serious." Natalie looked at her sister seriously. "The boys usually do their knocks to a beat like what the bros do." The knocks came again, and Vicky got up and hurried to the door. Before Vicky could peek through the peephole, the person behind the door spoke in Japanese. "Kii-san, Toshi desu."

~~~~~~~

"So, Momoka, is the little girl that you've been babysitting all this time and the one that calls you 'mama', right?" The two younger women asked Vicky once Vicky returned from walking Momoka's father, Toshi, out. "Yes." Vicky answered. "Wait, how old is Toshiya? He looks too young to have a daughter. How old is Momoka again?" Jenny asked curiously. "Toshiya's only thirty-six years old. Momoka is seven this year. But yes, she's the one that calls me mama." Vicky confirmed. "But why you and not someone else?" Natalie asked confused by the whole thing. "Because Momo is attached to me, and doesn't want to be with anyone else besides her dad. Also, Toshi just received another call from work and he has no one else to leave Momoka with since he's the only guardian that Momo has." "Um... then what about the mom?" Jenny let out slowly. "She died when Momo was four. I think it's why she calls me 'mama' as a sort of replacement for her."

The girls just let the whole thing sink in. Vicky met the father and daughter about two years ago when she was moving into her apartment complex just a week after the father and daughter had moved in. Momoka was turning five at the time and had run away from her father because they had moved homes once again and this time it was in unfamiliar territory. Momoka had bumped into Vicky when Vicky was entering the lobby and Momoka had injured herself. Vicky tended to the girl, and instead of freaking out, Momoka latched herself onto Vicky crying hard and didn't want to let go. After that incident, the trio had become somewhat close and Toshi sought after Vicky in caring for his daughter when he was unable to, and Vicky agreed since it helped him out. Plus,

Please log in to read the full chapter