Friends Again

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was close to midnight and X-5 had finished their practices two hours ago, but Carson volunteered to clean up for the nightly duties while the others had left after that. Vicky decided to help him since she's been at the company all day since leaving home after coming back from her Japan trip. Everyone else had left twenty minutes ago once they were done and that left Carson and Vicky to lock up the company. She took care of the first floor while Carson took care of everything else. Once she was done doing her duties she sat in one of the lobby's comfy chairs as Marshmallow and Norae were resting in her lap and Mocaccino was sleeping at her feet. Too tired to care, she left them alone and soon fell asleep.

"Hey, Vicky." Carson softly called her name. "Wakey, wakey, Vicky pancakey." He continued with a smile while shaking her shoulder to wake the sleeping girl. "Hmm?" Vicky let out slightly groggily as her eyes fluttered open and she stared up at him. "Done?" "Yeah." He smiled apologetically at her. "Sorry about that. It took a little longer because I accidentally spilled the mop bucket twice." Vicky let out a small laugh while stretching. "Figures and the whole pancakey thing was so cheesy." Doing this the cats jump from her lap and to the floor. "Ahh, sorry girls." Vicky petted their heads as they made themselves comfortable against Mocaccino. "I know, I know, I'm an idiot, but hey that's why we're friends. Haha, but let's get going." Carson told her as he noticed the time on the clock above her head. "It's really late. I'll walk you back to your place." "What? Oh, no, no, it's okay, Carson. You'll have to double back anyways since you're already staying here for who knows how long."

What Vicky was referring to was that the other floors of Love Jewel Entertainment were apartment-like living areas for the staff, employees, trainees, and artists in which they could spend the night for whatever reasons and for however long. This is what Jenny commented about a while back when she first started and the girls were later informed about this and thought it was a cool thing for the bosses to do for their employees. Also Vicky had spent most of her nights here when she wanted to avoid going back to her dorm due to that whole incident with GOT7 a while back. Anyways, Carson was staying at the entertainment since the lease at his apartment was done two weeks ago and in the mean time he was staying at Love Jewel until he found another one with the other X-5 members to dorm together as the others lived by themselves or with their families.

"It's okay. It's my fault anyways." Carson reasoned as Vicky glared up at him remembering why she had stayed so late in the first place. "Hell yeah it is. You called me to hangout. Then to get you guys boba when I told you I was at Fairy Sweets before coming here. Later I got stuck with Cameron and Roger as their muse of sorts which in the end they still got nothing because they had too much fun teasing me." Vicky started recalling the day's events. "After that I had to go chase Moca all over the entertainment as she thought we were playing a game of tag or something." She narrowed her eyes at Carson. "To which I'm assuming you're the one to blame." "Heh, sorry." Carson let out with a sheepish look. "It was a good idea at the time." "Yeah, yeah, whatever." She dismissed him before continuing. "And then I stayed for hours helping Hobin re-design Love Jewel's website and learning all those codes and deciding how X-5's layout should look like and then later updating Playback's and M.Joon's. So much work."

"Hey, that's all on you." Carson stated pointing at her. "You're the one that wanted to learn more about webdesigning, coding and the other tech savvy stuff." Vicky nodded her head already agreeing with him. "Yeah, I know, but still, I'm entilted to whine about my day. Okay." "Yes, ma'am." Carson mocked saluted as Vicky hit his stomach as he was still standing and she was still sitting. She looked up at him. "You sure you wanna walk me home? I have them, y'know." Vicky pointed at the pets, who were comfortable where they were. "But, I don't feel like waking them." "Just let them stay here for the night. You'll be back tomorrow anyways and we do have a pet area, Vicky." Carson as Vicky swatted at him again. "Fine. You can wake up, Moca." "Uh, no. I learned not to mess with the Pomsky and her sleep the last time I did it." "Fine, you can take the smaller fluff balls and I'll get the bigger one." "Deal." Carson agreed happily as he scooped up the felines in his arms easily and made his way to the designated pet room with Vicky following behind shortly with Moca's body dangling within her hold.

~~~~~~~

"Hey, I thought I was supposed to walk you home?" Carson asked as he and Vicky ended up at the park with only the street lights illuminating it. "Why are we here, again?" Vicky tossed him a wry look as she walked backwards while facing him. "To play." "Why?" "Because you're going to be an idol soon and who knows when you'll get to have days like these again. And..." Vicky stopped walking as to let Carson reach her and then shot him a teasing look. "You're it!" She smacked him as she ran off laughing like a crazy person. "What?! Hey, no fair! Vicky!" Carson ran after her also laughing, but not as crazy as Vicky. "I got long legs, Vicky. I'm going to get you!" "Yeah, right! I'm too fa-!" "Gotcha!" "Dammit." "I told you I got them long legs." "Yeah, yeah." She shot him a look and then smacked him again while running off once more. "Hey, no fair, Vicky!" "Not my problem!" "You're so childish!" "Takes one to know one!" "Ah, touché." Carson agreed with a chuckle as he continued to chase after Vicky.

While Vicky was running away from Carson she suddenly tripped over a basketball that happened to roll in her way from who knows where. "Oof!" She fell hard, but didn't eat dirt. "Ow." She slightly lifted herself up and tried to see what had caused her to fall. "Where the fcuk this basketball come from?" She turned over and sat on her with the ball now in her hands as Carson rushed over to her. "Vicky, you okay?" She looked up at him. "Yeah. Catch." She threw the ball at him. "Hey, that almost hit me in the face." Carson stated as he caught the ball mere inches away from his face while Vicky shrugged indifferently. "It's okay. You can just get plastic surgery for that." "Psh, like I would go that route." He offered his outstretched hand towards Vicky to which she accepted as he pulled her up with ease and she took the ball out of his grasp and tossed it back and forth between her hands. "I wonder who this belongs to."

"Ah, excuse me. Sorry, that would be mine." A male voice suddenly spoke from behind her and Vicky turned to see Mark behind her. "Vicky?" "Mark?" They both let out shocked and surprised at seeing one another at the park and so unexpectedly. "Whoa. You know GOT7's Mark, Vicky? Wow." Carson asked afterwards confused. "Um, briefly, actually. We had one class together and he also lives in the same complex building as me." Vicky explained to him as Mark looked up at Carson and recognized him as the guy he saw a few nights ago who was hugging Natalie. Before anyone else could say something Carson's phone beeped and he checked it. "Oh, hey, Vicky, I gotta go. I forgot that Roger lent me his debit card today, and I forgot to give it back and he needs it like right now." "But you promised to walk me home." Vicky said in a feign sad tone. "I know, but you wanted to play in the park. We can go n-"

Mark interjected. "Hey, I can walk her home, man." Carson looked relieved and surprised. "Really, man? You sure?" "Yeah, it's no big deal. She's a friend." Vicky cast an unsure look at Mark who tossed her a secret-like smile. "Alright, thanks man. You're a great friend." Carson beamed and then turned to Vicky. "Text me, later, okay?" "Of course. Now hurry and go before Roger does something stupid." Vicky told him as she bid him goodbye as the two hugged before Carson took off to the nearest subway station. "Roger should have known not to lend Carson his debit card. This is like the fourth time it happened already." Vicky muttered to herself with a chuckle as Mark's voice brought her back to their current situation. "Ah, so his name is Carson." "Um, yeah." Vicky gave him an analytical look. "Do you know him?" "No, not really. He just looks familiar is all." "How?" "I don't know." "Of course. Anyways, here's your ball." She tossed the basketball to Mark as she began to walk in the direction to the apartment complex.

"Hey, where you going?" Mark called out to her as she replied, but didn't turn around to face him. "Home." "Wait, I'm supposed to walk you home, remember?" "Yeah, I'll just tell Carson you did a good deed, friend. No worries." "Oh, c'mon, Vicky. Come play ball with us for a bit." "What? With you and the other six? Yeah, no thanks." "Are you still mad at us?" Vicky stopped walking when she heard that and hung her head a bit while biting her bottom lip. "No." She finally let out as she turned to face him. "I'm not really angry anymore." "Oh, so that just means you're back to being you then, yeah?" Mark asked with a smile as he walked closer to her as Vicky shrugged with a small smile. "I guess. More or less. However you wanna take it." "Then that means we're friends again." Mark bounced the ball to her and Vicky caught it easily with a lopsided smile. "I guess so." "C'mon, Vicky. It's just me, Jackson, and Bam Bam. We could use a fourth player, if you're game?"

And Vicky ended up playing basketball with the trio in a two on two match as Bam Bam was her partner. "Oh, c'mon, Bam Bam. The net was like three feet in front of you! How cou

Please log in to read the full chapter