502 Birthday Sing-Off!

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Before Vicky could finish her sentence, her phone went off and she paid attention to that instead. "Ooh, it's Euncy." Vicky let out happily as she opened up her Whatsapp and furiously began typing back to Eunice while laughing all crazy-like as she totally forgot about the person that was dressed up as Tuxedo Mask. "Alright, that isn't what I had in mind." He let out as he rubbed the back of his neck while debating on what he should do now that this idea backfired. "Hey, JB, whoa, why did you remove the mask?" Natalie asked coming up to him to see how things were going. "Well, your sister freaked out and I took it off to show her that it was me." JB admitted with an embarrassed look. "Hey, did it, oh you took it off." Jenny stated flatly upon seeing the revealed JB instead of Tuxedo Mask. "What happened?" Natalie explained instead. "She freaked." "Not uh? Really?"

Vicky then coughed to get their attention when she was done replying back to Eunice and returned her Sailor Moon doll unto her bed. "Ahem, excuse me, please." JB obediently moved out of the way while Natalie and Jenny continued to stand there giving Vicky a knowing look although she didn't quite catch it. "What?" "Really, unnie?" Jenny asked with a pout. "Really?" "Um, really what?" "You're going to ignore him just like that?" Natalie stated as she pointed at JB. "Ignore who?" Vicky said as she glanced at JB, but returned it to the younger girls. "I don't know what you mean." "You're so messed up, unnie." Jenny let out with a small chuckle. "I have no idea what you guys are talking about." "Gah, you're so slow and forgetful." Natalie let out annoyed as she shook her head at her sister. "Embarrassing." Vicky was still clueless. "How is that embarrassing? I don't understand."

Natalie gave up and walked away while Jenny patted Vicky on the shoulder before following after Natalie leaving JB and Vicky alone. Vicky cast a look at JB and asked him instead. "What did I do?" JB smiled at her. "Nothing, noona. Don't worry about it." "You sure?" "Yeah." "I guess." Vicky then tilted her head wondering what that was all about as she made her way towards her entertainment system and started fiddling with her t.v. while some of the DAY6 and GOT7 members were wishing her a happy birthday. Junior then sidled up to JB with a crooked smile. "So, does that make it hyung zero and noona five thousand?" JB side glance Junior. "Don't even start." Junior backed away with his palms out like he meant no harm, but a playful look was evident upon his face. "Hey, I'm not starting anything, hyung." "I'm gonna change." JB stalked off to change back into his regular clothes.

By this time, Vicky suddenly got her Whatsapp video chat up and Eunice was soon on the television. "Annyeong, Shinhye-yah." Vicky greeted her with a  large grin. "Annyeong, unnie. Oh my god." Eunice let out surprised as she saw the idols while making a small hand wave to them becoming slightly shy. "Hi." The boys greeted her and then Vicky slowly backed away from out of the circle so that Eunice could converse with both groups after doing the proper mini introductions. "Whew." Vicky let out in satisfactory while wiping away an imaginary. "Good job, Vicky." "I wish I could say the same thing for JB." Vicky heard Jenny remarked in English from behind her as Vicky turned to face her friend and sister. "Huh?" "You're kidding, right?" Natalie asked her while explaining further. "You didn't see JB dressed up like Tuxedo Mask for you?" Vicky shook her head. "Vicky, c'mon." Jenny let out surprised. "You really didn't notice?" Vicky shook her head once more. "Sorry."

The two younger girls decided to change the topics. "So," Jenny began, "How did you get in?" "What do you mean?" Vicky asked clueless. "How did you get in without the boys noticing you?" Natalie clarified. "Junhyeok was by the door and he didn't see you." "And you may wanna change." Jenny suggested with a laugh. "Why?" Vicky asked looking down. "I'm feeling comfy and wanna rock these." "Yeah, they're boys and comfy or not, you still might want to covered yourself up a bit." Natalie reasoned. "This is South Korea, Vicky." "Tch. So annoying." Vicky pouted already giving in. "Here." Jenny said while handing over a package. "Chloe sent this a while back for your birthday. She told me to keep it safe until then." "Ohh, I wonder what it is. Thanks!" Vicky said as she grabbed the package and started to open it to see what was inside.

"Um, Chloe mentioned it was something you wanted for a long while, but could never find it. So she made it herself." "I think I know what it might be. Hehe, gonna wear it now!" The older girl ran off into her room to change. "Sometimes I feel like I'm the oldest." Natalie remarked with a shake of her head as Jenny laughed. "I agree." The two girls then went to join in on the Skype conversation while Vicky had changed and was now covered up as she walked out of her room several seconds later. "Need to thank Clo whenever I see her for sure." Vicky then spotted everyone occupied by the t.v. "Hehe, OK, now that they are occupied with Euncy... I'm gonna grab some food and head back to my sanctuary now." Vicky made her way to the kitchen and took a bit of everything. "Alright some of these sugar cookies. And some of these yellow-looking ones here. Oh and a few suited cupcakes. And some of these cupcakes with the standee, too. And a slice of this pink cake. I'll leave the tier one alone. Haha." She then look at the chips she bought and decided if she wanted some or not. "Hmm, maybe later."

Once she was done getting what she wanted, she stealthily maneuvered herself over to her secret hideout. She made sure all the balloons were out of her way this time and double checked before stepping forward each time. Vicky quietly opened the closet door wider that connected the two apartments together and let herself in while closing it behind her. Luckily the closet was somewhat of a walk-in closet and was always kept neat so she could enter both places without a hassle. And luckily the doorknob was of a latch type to blend in with the door instead of sticking out like how a normal one would. Making sure not to spill the desserts on her or on to the floor, Vicky successfully entered 504 while closing the door securely. "Alright, got my sweets, and ahh can't forget the milk." Vicky set her food onto the mini breakfast bar before walking towards the refrigerator to grab the carton of milk and a glass. She filled up her glass and set them both onto the bar just as she sat on top of one of her high chairs near the wall. "Now, I'm ready to eat and chill." She smiled and quietly ate her desserts in silence.

"So, this is your secret hideout from the world, I'm assuming?" Vicky heard someone ask her and she shot her head up in the direction of where the voice had come from. She squinted to see who it was that was casually looking down at her from the loft and upon recognizing his face her eyes immedidately widened in shock. "Mark? How did you get in here?" The idol grinned down at her. "The same way you did." Mark then grabbed a hold of the railing and swiftly swung himself over the bars while landing skillfully and softly in her kitchen with ease. "Tch. Show off." Vicky remarked as she bit into a sugar cookie after settling her worries that the idol might have injured himself in the process. "Oh you know, I try, not to much that is." Mark grinned as he began walking around the small studio as Vicky observed him half-heartedly.

"I guess this is the real reason why your main apartment is empty looking compare to this one." Mark assumed as he observed the pictures and decorations on her walls and around the studio. "This one actually feels like home." He glanced at Vicky and caught her eye. "Yeah, you could say it like that." Vicky admitted as she finished the cookie she was eating before directing the conversation somewhere else. "So how did you know though?" Vicky finally asked him after taking a drink of her milk. "Know what?" Mark asked confused if she was talking about how he got in here or about the feeling of the place. "Here." Vicky pointed to the floor. "How did you find yourself here? How did you get into my other apartment without me knowing, is what I'm asking you. Did you see me come out of it earlier or something?"

Mark stopped walking as he was about to climb the stairs and instead stood at the bottom of her stairs instead. "Yeah." He smiled at her. "When everyone paid attention to when you fell after tripping over some harmless balloons, I noticed the closet door was open and saw a small light coming from it." "So you decided to play detective and checked it out on your own accord?" Vicky asked him. "Nope. I wanted to witness your reaction to JB as that Tuxedo Mask guy character first before checking this out." Mark laughed upon the memory of JB as he sat down on the stairs. "I think that should have been saved for Halloween though." "Oh, so that's what they were talking about. Damn, I feel kinda bad now." "Why? You hit JB or what?" "Nah, I threw my plush doll at him instead." "Technically still hitting him." "Yeah, that's quite true." After that the silence then fell between them with Vicky softly munching on a cupcake.

"Does anyone else know about your secret?" Mark asked breaking the silence. "What secret?" Vicky asked not knowing what he was talking about. "Your secret as in this place." "Oh... no. No one knows except well just my aunt Julisa does." "The one that hooked you up with everything?" "Yeah, something like that." Mark then let out a chuckle. "Does this mean that I'm the only other one that knows besides your aunt?" "Yeah." "So that means I'm part of the Secret Club?" "What Secret Club?" "The 504 Secret Club." "There is no such club." "Then that means I can tell the others." "If you want." Vicky told him indifferently as Mark's face fell as he didn't expect Vicky to just give in like so. "I was joking." "I know." "Your face doesn't say so." "My face is a lot of things." "I know that much." "Good then." Vicky grinned at him before eating another cupcake. "Are you going to leave now?"

Mark shook his head while letting out another chuckle. "Typical Vicky." "What?" Vicky asked not hearing the exact words he had spoken. "Nothing." Mark smiled at her while standing up and making his way towards Vicky. "Anyways," He let out slowly while snatching a cookie and biting into it. "We're supposed to celebrate your birthday, y'know." "I do." Vicky glared at him for taking her last cookie. "But you guys can celebrate Youngjae's instead. Oh! Which reminds me." Vicky said as she pushed the rest of the plate towards Mark who happily took it as she ran towards the closet. "The girls and I gathered some things for this nifty Music Therapy kit for him." Vicky pulled out a large box and brought it over for Mark to see as she took them out to show him. "We got him some cute instruments and a nice notebook. I think he'll like it. Right?"

Mark picked up some of the instruments while playing with it. "If he was an actual little kid, yeah." He teased Vicky who just made a face at him. "I'm teasing. I'm sure he'll like it. He did mention that he wanted to be a Music Therapist before." Vicky started putting everything back inside the box. "Yeah, that's why I suggested in doing the kit for him. Even if it's a bit childish, at least you guys can go through it and make some music whenever you guys want or feeling down or something like that." She smiled up at him. "Or Youngjae can just annoy the fcuk outta you guys. Whichever one he prefers to do." "Yeah, no." Mark moved the box out of her reach. "I think you'll be getting him another present." "What? No way." "I'm kidding." Mark laughed handing the box back to Vicky. "Chill." "I was doing that before you interrupted me."

"It's not my fault that you were playing your one man hide and seek game and failed." Mark countered with a laugh as Vicky elbowed him. "Whatever. Let's go back before they think something happened to you or something." "What? Why me?" "Because you're the extra with swag." "Vicky, that makes no sense." "I don't know, Mark. Just c'mon." She then made her way upstairs to grab her set of  keys. "We're going the normal way. You might trip or something letting them know about my secret hideout." Mark cast her a look as Vicky descended the stairs. "I didn't trip. That was you." "Yeah, yeah, whatever. C'mon." The older girl put the milk carton away while soaking the cup as Mark finished up the rest of the cupcakes and slice of cake before the two headed over to 502 through the normal way. Once inside, no one questioned their absence as the others were all still conversing with Eunice and they eased into the group and conversation like they were always there.

"Hey, is Wiki unnie around?" Eunice suddenly asked as all the heads turn to find Vicky. "Here." Vicky announced while raising her arm like she was in school. "Ne?" Eunice then switched to English to thank her. "Thanks a lot, Vicky." Vicky smile. "Of course. You're welcome my little, mèimèi." "Hehe, very good, jiějiě." Eunice then frown a bit. "Well, I gotta go." "Aww. So soon?" The others asked who could understand. "Haha, yeah. I need to go." Eunice shyly let out with a chuckle as she switched to Korean. "It's getting late. Bye everyone." "Bye." Everyone bid her goodbye. Eunice attention then went to Vicky and spoke in English again. "Happy birthday, Vicky. Have a lot of fun okay lah." "OK lah. I will." Vicky gave her the O.K. sigh. "Bye bye." And the two friends bid goodbye as Eunice ended the call and Vicky disconnected her phone.

Vicky turned around and saw that all eyes were on her. "W-w-what?" She let out in English as Jae spoke first breaking the awkwardness using the same language. "Um, so we heard that you got like this special karaoke machine or something like that." "I... do..." Vicky confirmed slowly wondering where this was headed and hope it was just a curiosity thing. "So we were wondering..." Young K spoke next as he gave her a shy yet eager look. "If we could, y'know, if we could check it out, please?" "Um..." Vicky looked at all of the boys' pleading faces while Natalie and Jenny nodded their heads for the older girl to agree. "We can do like a sing-off since it's your bir

Please log in to read the full chapter