Backstage Passes

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Are you finally caught up now?" Natalie asked her sister as she, Vicky, and Jenny were sitting in the front row of X-5's debut showcase along with the others Love Jewel faculty. "Yes. Can't believe I forgot that they're showcase was today and that they released their teasers a week ago, too." Vicky said as she put her phone away after watching the boys' teasers. "How could you forget?" Jenny asked the older girl with an amused look. "You even wrote it on your calendar. 'October 19th, X-5's debut live showcase'. It was clearly on there." "Well, I forgot, Jenny. I don't know. Whatever. Leave me alone. Sheesh." The older girl huffed as the two younger ones chuckled upon Vicky's flustering.

"Also, it doesn't help that I missed their rehearsals because of work and LOVESTAR Wednesdays." "Why not quit the pet clinic since you're already working at Love Jewel?" Natalie told her sister. "I would do that." "Well, I'm not you, and I like working at the clinic. It's easy and the animals are so adorable and what not." "Hmm, then why not lessen your hours?" "I need moolah." Vicky chuckled tiredly. "It's whatever though. I'm good. Keeps me busy." "Well, you miss Carson slipping during rehearsals though." Natalie informed as Vicky shook her head. "Seems like him. Hope he's fine though." "He is and this LOVESTAR Wednesday was super awesome as Mama Ari made fruit pops with alcohol." "Fcuk my life, mang." Just then the lights began to dim and the girls and crowd grew quiet.

A projector light was then shown and a video popped up playing X-5's first teaser, then a few seconds later it played the second teaser afterwards. It went dark once more, but rustling of clothes and shuffling of feet could be heard as the members positioned themselves on the stage to perform their first song. "Ohh, I like this. What's the title?" Natalie asked as Vicky tried to remember. "I think Carson said it was Get Off Me? Yeah. Get Off Me." "Ohh, look at the chest puffs." Jenny quietly chuckle. "This isn't the promo song, right?" "No, it's another song. It's called The Show Is Over." Vicky answered before cheering for the boys. "Whooo!"

After performing Get Off Me, the members then introduced themselves as a group and then one by one, before the media asked them to take photos and doing a quick Q&A. "They are really tall when they stand and pose." Jenny commented noticing how tall they look from where she sat. "Yeah, you can add them to the other tall groups of VIXX and KNK." Natalie told her as Vicky added, "Dude don't forget SUPERNOVA even though they hardly promote in Korea, but still." "Yeah, yeah." Natalie dismissed nonchalantly as the girls then turned their attention to the Q&A section.

"What does X-5 stand for?" One of the reporters asked as Jinhyuk answered. "The X stands for Xenos, which is a Greek allomorph word for Stranger and the number five represents the five members with individual charms. So to others, we are five strangers entering the KPOP world with our own charms and colors." The reporters seemed impressed by the group name as they asked a few more questions before the boys got ready to perform their next song off of the debut mini-album. "Oh, I like this one so far. What is the title of this one, Vicky?" Jenny asked Vicky leaning closer to the girl. "It's Fantasy." Vicky told her. "I actually like the choreography of this one the most."

And after it got near the end, Natalie nudged her sister. "Is it because they take off their jacket?" "No, that's you, but it's the way they have to move." After the performance of Fantasy, X-5 went on to demostrate their individual talents. Carson went first as he showed off his multi-linguism by introducing X-5 and doing a greeting in three other languages of Russian, English, and Japanese. Wonil demostrated a few Taekwondo moves while Jinhyuk showed his acting charms. Taekwan went after showcasing his high notes before the members made him do a few soccer tricks. Lastly, Sangmin simply wanted to showcase his rapping skills as he told the audience he didn't have any other individual talents until the other members told him to do his pikachu and doraemon impersonations.

Once this part was done did the lights dimmed once again and an intro song played as it was a shout out from Roger for X-5's album before the music video teaser of X-5's debut song, The Show Is Over, appeared a few seconds later. "Oh look, there's Mileena." Jenny chuckled as she pointed out Natalie in the teaser. "Ain't gonna lie, I look good." Natalie laughed. "Daehyun was a good director and everyone else did a great job." "But how did you feel about wearing the long white shirt and the whole bed scene with Jinhyuk?" Vicky asked nudging her sister. "It was alright. I liked the wine and pasta the best though." The trio laughed before quieting down again when X-5 performed their last song that they were going to promote this following week.

"Actually, now that I think about and hear it in person, this isn't a bad debut song." Jenny commented enjoying the performance as Natalie agreed. "Yeah, I think so, too. Plus, the choreography is pretty good. They look so suave up there." "Yeah they should be. The boys have been practicing with weight bags to hinder them so that it'll match their motions with one another and also because of their tall heights." Vicky informed as she sang along. "I'm happy they're finally debuting. Can't wait for their debut stage in the next few days though." Vicky frowned. "Although I can only attend M Countdown and Music Core." She then looked at the other two. "One of you will be at Music Bank and the other at Inkigayo, right?"

"I'll be at Inkigayo for sure." Jenny told her and then gave her a sad look. "I have school related stuff to do for Friday and Saturday although tomorrow is optional, but I need the extra credit to help me pass." "Yeah I got Music Bank." Natalie informed them. "School got in the way of tomorrow's stage for me, too, and I have to do a long make-up test on Saturday and Sunday that I won't be able to make it in time for their Music Core and Inkigayo stages. Totally stupid though. I don't know why the teachers decided to do them on the weekends." Natalie then looked at her sister. "Why can't you make it to these two again?" "Because I ended up having to cover Aecha's shifts on those days along with my own shift because she ended up going on an early maternity leave or something like that. That's why and you guys have to act in my place as co-manager with Ben because I'm not going to be there and Ben will freak like always." Vicky sighed as the two younger girls told her again to either quit or lessen her hours. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Vicky dismissed them as X-5's final performance came to an end.

"Thank you so much for coming out to our debut showcase!" Jinhyuk thanked the audience as Taekwan spoke next. "We really appreciate all of you for joining us and hope that you all will support X-5 for a long time." "We also like to thank everyone at Love Jewel Entertainment for helping us get to where we are right now and hope we'll continue together for a long time." Sangmin added as he fought back tears. "And we want to thank you the media folks for taking your time to take photos of us and asking us questions, as well." Wonil added as he bowed to the media representatives sections. "And last, but not least, to the fans who have come to support up and share the love with." Carson ended the speech as they ended the showcase with their group greeting before bowing once more and exiting the stage.

Everyone began to pack up and leave as the trio and the other Love Jewel faculty began to make their way to the backstage to congratulate the boys on a successful debut showcase. "Congratulations!" "Good job!" "Great job!" "You guys were amazing." "Keep up the good work!" Could be heard as everyone crowded around the area X-5 were currently in as people moved about to wish them good blessings as well as pack up everything to leave the venue. The trio were then separated as everyone in the room were moving about in different directions of the boys and out of the room. Vicky bumped into Carson who enveloped her into a hug. "Thanks for coming, Vicky." "You're welcome, Carson." Vicky hugged him back as she pulled away and noticed he started crying. "Aww, don't cry. When did you get emotional?" Vicky helped wiped away his tears while on tip-toes. "There."

Carson let out a nervous laugh. "I don't know. Maybe it's just finally happening and it feels so surreal." "Well, get used to it as this is your life now. Don't forget about me, OK?" Carson laughed as he ruffled her hair. "Like I would forget my number one fan." "Oh yeah, that's right. You better not forget me." Vicky threatened jokingly as Carson pulled her in for another hug. "Ara, ara. I won't." "I'm joking." Vicky then pulled away once again. "We're doing an after party now, aren't we?" "Yeah. Since someone missed out on LOVESTAR Wednesday, this will be a chance for you to participate in it." "Oh yes, good. I want one of Mama Ari's shot pops." "If you beat Roger and Cameron to them." "Of course those two would be mention." Soon enough it calmed down and the Love Jewel employees moved to Jane's house for the after party to celebrate X-5's debut.

~~~~~~~

"Kyaaa." Vicky squealed in excitement as she, Benjamin, Daphne, and X-5 neared the CJ E&M Center Studio building where M! Countdown was broadcast. "I can't believe I'm attending my first live music show broadcast although as a staff, but still cool. It's like I got backstage passes. Haha." "Haha, wow Noona is more excited than we are." Taekwan chuckled as he was sitting next to her. "Of course." Vicky grinned at him. "I get to see your guys perform on your first major debut stage and see the show somewhat for free." "It'll go by fast. Just let me tell you that." Daphne told the younger girl with a smile. "But it'll be a great experience for sure." She then glanced at X-5's manager. "I just hope you'll be able to manage well." Benjamin brushed off Daphne's word. "Of course, I'll be fine. I got all of this under control."

"Hyung was freaking out before we even left." Carson told them with a loud laugh, as he received a slight smack from Benjamin a few seconds later. "I told you not to tell anyone." "Sorry, hyung." "And you can't be going around smacking the boys, Benjamin." Daphne chided him. "You're also in the public's eye." "Sorry." "Make sure you keep an eye on him, especially, Wiki-yah." Daphne pointed at Benjamin as Vicky nodded her head before lifting her staff badge. "Ahh, it's Serena. Serena. Please don't call me Wiki while we're doing this whole thing." "Why noona?" Sangmin asked as he re-read her badge name that also had her profile photo on it. "Because if I happen to run into a crazy fan or someone else that knows me, then I can play it safe that I don't know them and what not." She grinned at the youngest X-5 member.

"But isn't this alias name a lot harder to pronounce than Wiki, noona?" Jinhyuk asked her as Vicky shrugged indifferently. "Nah. Don't care about the pronunciation if it's hard or not. Anyways, the only reason I'm going with Serena is all because of Hayoung that one day. But yeah, so Serena is my name when we're in this star mode." "Well, at least Daphne noona kept it simple by going with her own name." Wonil stated before looking at his manager. "And Benjamin hyung." "It's Benny hyung to you kids." Benjamin told them as he frowned. "Saying it fully seems like I'm always in trouble." "You might as well be." Daphne chuckled as everyone else beside Benjamin laughed. Soon enough the group arrived at the building and made their way inside.

Some time later, X-5 went out for their rehearsal stage before their actual performance recording as Daphne supervised and the managers went to take care of what what Benjamin told Vicky as 'manager stuff'. "What are we doing again?" Vicky asked Benjamin as she followed him back to the waiting room that the newly debuted rookies were sharing after coming back from the front desk. "We're gonna sort out their fanmail from the fans and all that picture sharing they are all doing nowadays." Benjamin explained as he tried to keep his grip on the packages that he wouldn't allow Vicky to help him carry. "Ah, I see." She then glanced at him. "Are you sure you don't want help?" "Yes, I'm sure." "Positive." "Are you-" "I'm fine, Vicky."

She then glared at him. "It's Serena. SAH-REE-NAH, remember. Serena." As she held up her badge although Benjamin paid her no mind. "Yeah, yeah. Serena, I'm fine." They made it back to the waiting room as Benjamin took out the fanmail and handed Vicky the bag. "Here, Serena. Return this back to the front." "Really?" "Yes, really. Please. I'll buy you a macaron ice cream after we're done with this schedule." "OK!" Vicky happily took the bag and made her way back to the front desk. "Hmm, this isn't so bad, but seems okay for just one manager to handle the responsibilites. It's not like X-5 needs two of them." She then chuckled. "Unless it's only because Halle is worried about him and had ask the bosses to assign me to do so. That would make perfect sense."

Vicky was casually walking while flinging the bag in the air and upon catching it, she rounded the corner and ran into someone just about three minutes away from the front desk. "Feels like deja vu." She told her self before hurrying to stand up and apologizing while bowing to whoever she had ran into. "Ah, I'm so sorry about that. I wasn't watch-" Vicky eyes met two familiar dark brown orbs. "Ching." She finished as she straightened herself upon seeing GOT7's Junior standing there with his gentle and understanding smile although he was also quite surprise himself. "Hello, Wiki noona. What are you doing here?" He asked her as Vicky tried to come up with what to say to the idol, but no lie was ready for her to say to him and so she just directed the conversation elsewhere.

"Ahh, so you're still doing the whole hosting thing here for M!Countdown. Wow. I totally forgot about that. Oh." She looked around. "Um, where's Bam Bam?" Junior watched her analytically, but decided to answer her question. "For this week we were asked to MC and Bam Bam is in the MC's waiting room with Key hyung and Jungshin hyung." He smiled at her geninuely. "I was just doing a quick walk before the show start." "Ah, I see. That's nice." Vicky replied lamely as she wondered how she should get out of this situation while Junior's gaze fell upon her staff badge. "Did you make a fake staff badge, noona? So that you can have backstage access with the pass?" Junior as the written name on her badge had 'Serena' and not 'Wiki' on it. "Fake badge?" Vicky asked as she watch his finger point to her badge. "Oh, this." She grabbed at it and wondered how to explain that she was a co-manager of the new rookie group, X-5, and that she worked at the same entertainment as them.

Vicky just continued to smile at Junior as he patiently waited for her to talk, but it seemed to have drag on the silence between them a little while longer instead. Just as Junior was going to tell the older girl that she didn't have to explain herself if she didn't want to when someone called out her name. "SERENA NOONA!" Well, more like scream her 'stage' name as Vicky turned to the source of the loudness and saw that Carson was heading her way. "Oh, hey Carson. What's up?" She asked him in English once he finally reached her, but ignored her for a bit when he also noticed Junior there. "Ah, annyeonghaseyo, Junior sunbaenim." Carson greeted the other idol politely in Korean. "I'm Carson of X-5." "Ah, hello. GOT7's Junior." Junior greeted the new idol in the same manner and then cast his eyes at Vicky who then avoided it when she noticed.

Carson didn't take any notice of the exchange and turned to face Vicky while replying to her in Korean. "Benny hyung wanted to know why you were taking so long to get back." Carson informed as Vicky slightly sigh, but smiled at her tall friend. "Ah, just got side-tracked is all. I'll be there soon. Just let me return this." Vicky told Carson as she raised the mail bag to indicate what she was originally doing before running into one of the GOT7 members. "Now, if you'll excuse me." Vicky bowed at both idols and then made her way around them to hurry so she could return to the waiting room and out of Junior's way. "I reallllyyyy hope I don't run into him or Bam Bam later during the show." Vicky muttered to herself before shaking her head. "I seriously can't believe I forgot that they were still MCing M-Countdown. Wow."

The music show was coming to an end as all the artists and MCs filed on to the stage for the ending credits as the present winner was announced. Vicky was currently helping Daphne pack up as Benny went to fetch the boys to herd them safely back to the mini van. "So how was your first day on the job for a music show?" Daphne asked the younger woman in English as Vicky shrugged. "Not bad. Not really my scene now that I think about. Maybe I'll ask Boss Lady to reassign me and Ben can take care of all this on his own after this week." Daphne laughed. "I agree. I think that would be a good thing for Ben, too." "The only tough part is if Halle will be okay with it." "She should be. Don't worry, I'll talk to her." "Thanks, Daph." "Welcome, Vi-Serena." "Haha, yeah."

"Done?" Daphne asked Vicky once everything looked like it was all packed. "Yes, I think so." Vicky looked about her and nodded her. "Yes. All is good." "Let's go. I heard Ben's treating all of us to macaron ice creams." "Ah, yeah, forgot. Let's go!" Vicky happily followed the older woman out of the waiting room and were casually talking to one another while passing the two GOT7 members and neither of them paid them any attention. Junior's eyes followed after the duo with a blank expression as he thought what would be the reason for Vicky to be here and how was she associated with the rookie group, X-5. Bam Bam's head also turned to look after the female duo and then faced the older member. "Junior hyung, wasn't that Wiki noona?" He asked Junior curiously.

Junior's attention went to the younger member. "What?" Bam Bam pointed a thumb behind him as the two then stopped walking. "Didn't one of them look like Wiki noona?" He repeated once more. "I think it was her. Her hair grew longer and the colors kinda faded, but still it seems like noona, no?" Junior clamped an arm around Bam Bam and moved them along. "No. She didn't look like noona to me. You must be tired. Let's go back home so you can rest as you must be tired to imagine Wiki noona here." Junior told him instead as Bam Bam tried to shrug off Junior's caring behavior with a kid-like behavior. "I'm fine. I'm not tired. How about we go eat instead." "We're definitely gonna get meat this time around, right?" Junior glowered at the younger member as Bam Bam laughed it off. "Of course, Junior hyung. Of course." The previous topic was dismissed, but it still lingered on Junior's mind.

~~~~~~~

"Hey, Natalie-" Benjamin called for Natalie's attention as the young woman was sorting out the fanmail in one of the KBS New Wing Open Hall's waiting room designated to the performers for the broadcast of Music Bank. "It's Melanie, Benny." Natalie told him although not looking up at him, but was still sorting out the fanmail. "Melanie." Benjamin corrected himself before holding the mail sack in one hand and a large box in the other. "Could you return the mail bag back to the front desk?" "Nope. You got it. I'm doing this." She answered him while smirking up at him before returning to the letters on the small coffee table of the waiting room. "But I'm telling you to do it." The older man persisted as Natalie still didn't budge. "I'll buy you some macaron ice cream after this." "Ha. Yeah right. You'll probably buy me something I don't even want, but you can still buy them for Vicky when you return back from dropping off that off at the front desk." She smiled up at him once more before rearranging each stack into neat piles.

"Maybe I should have treated Vicky to those macaron ice cream for sure yesterday so that I wouldn't have gotten treated like this today." Benjamin muttered before leaving the waiting room as Natalie chuckled once he left. "Shoulda just agreed to go solo on the manager position instead of asking for a co-manager." She let out after a few seconds he had left before she then aligned the letters by X-5's age and then piled them on top of one another in a cross like position so that the letters wouldn't mix when giving them to the boys later. "Alright, that's done. What now?" She stood up, stretched, looked at her phone for something to do, but found nothing and decided to explore the builing instead. "Must be something special or lacking about this place if fans are usually able to get access to meet their idols or something."

Natalie wandered about the place as casually as possible without looking like some obvious kid playing hooky. "I wonder who else is performing today. Maybe I should have joined Daphne and Krystle in watching the rehearsals instead of doing manager stuff with Benjamin when there's really nothing else for me to do. Such a waste of my time." The girl continued to mutter to herself as she continued to walk about. "This is kind easy for now, but yeah not my thing for sure. I'll decline next time if they ask me." Natalie continued to talk to herself as she rounded a corner and still didn't come across another person. "It's surprisingly really empty. I wonder why. Thought more people would be out and about doing their thing as this is a music show."

Natalie stopped walking and then looked about her. "Shiet. I forgot where the waiting room with the boys was." Natalie then tried to back track to the best of her ability. "If only G-P-S worked in here like it does on the road." She chuckled to herself as she made a left, but seemed to have come to another unfamiliar area. "Seriously. How hard is it to go back to the waiting room?" She looked around her in hopes of seeing another living person, but it was empty and quiet. "Man, this better not be some ghost trick prank thing or whatever because I will seriously punch that shiet if it pops up." She muttered to herself as she again walking around in hopes of finding the right area. "I should call Ben, but then I'm sure he'll just talk my ear off. Yeah, fcuk it. Gonna deal with this thing on my own instead." And so she did until she finally came across another living being.

Is that Jimin of 15&? Natalie asked herself as she continued to watch the younger girl who was coming towards her as time passed by. Oh shiet. I didn't know that 15& made a comeback or is it just her solo comeback? Shiet. Totally forgot. Anyways, should I say something normal to her to her? Like should I not say anything? Should I call her Jamie or nah? But. Hmm. Should I just ask for directions only. Or should I ask for a picture together and then ask for directions. Ahh, I don't want to be like one of them desperate fans though. I know she must be a chill person, but still. What the fcuk to do? What do you say to an idol in this kind of situation though? Natalie asked herself these questions as she saw Jimin coming closer and closer with each passing second. Alright, fcuk it. Natalie decided with a laugh as she just winged it and hoped that it turned out well.

"Hi. Excuse me." Natalie casually let out calmly in Korean as Jimin was just a foot away. Jimin turned to look at her with a friendly expression. "Hello. Yes?" "Um, is it possible to get a picture together? I'm a fan of yours and I was just wondering if it was possible to do so?" "Oh sure." Jimin beamed at her as Natalie smiled widely. "OK! Thanks!" Natalie brought out her phone and as she and Jimin got in position, she took a picture of them with her front view camera. "Hehe, thank you!" Natalie thanked the girl after they were done. "Yeah, no problem." Jimin chuckled nonchalantly. "Thanks for the support!" "Of course! 15& fighting! Glad that you guys finally got a comeback this year." And then Natalie remembered what else she had to ask the idol.

"Oh, there is one other thing I would like to ask you." "Yes?" "This may be weird, but do you know where the waiting room is for the rookie groups?" "Oh yeah." Jimin then began to explain to Natalie on how to get there. "Got it?" "Um..." Natalie slowly let out as she looked at the younger girl unsurely as some of the Korean words couldn't properly processed within Natalie's brain. Natalie then asked in English instead. "Actually, can you explain that again in English this time around?" "Oh you speak English?" Jimin asked surprised as Natalie nodded her head in relief. "Yes, sorry. I just didn't want to bother you about it." Natalie apologized as Jimin casually dismissed it. "It's no problem." Jimin then repeated the directions for the second time, but this time in English to which Natalie finally comprehended.

"Ah, hehe thank you so much, Jimin!" Natalie thanked her in English once she herself had repeated the directions in her head once again. "You're welcome." Jimin smiled at her and Natalie finally introduced herself. "Melanie. Sorry, I didn't introduce myself." "Hehe, it's okay. Nice to meet you Melanie. Are you new around here?" "Ah, yeah for today. I'm currently a co-manager staff for the new rookie group, X-5 who just recently debuted a few days ago." "Oh, really? That's nice. Good luck to you and them." "Thanks a lot. Same to you as well." And somehow the two ended up in a casual conversation in the middle of the hallway of the KBS building until someone shouted out Jimin's name to which Natalie felt sounded familiar. Once she turned to the source of the sound she didn't know if she should have regretted it or not.

"I think you may know who they are if you're a KPOP fan and into it, but if you're not then I'll let you know this in advance. I would like to apologize in advanced for that loud black-haired one." Jimin told Natalie with smirk as Natalie chuckled at the younger woman's words. "JIIIIIIIIMMMMMMIIIIIIN!" Jackson called out to his fellow labelmate upon seeing her from afar as he jogged the rest of the way to the two

Please log in to read the full chapter