Birthday Bedtime Stories

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I hate having school and double work on the same day, especially when the boys are involved." Vicky continued to complain for the nth time to her pets. "Stupid Roger and Carson." Vicky sighed as she opened her apartment door while letting go of both Mocaccio and Marshmallow's leashes after closing the door. Vicky welcome the darkness and silence of her home as she navigated in the dark towards the kitchen to tend to her pets. She then the kitchen's light before heading to her bedroom to grab some clothes to shower and change. An hour later, Vicky was toweling her hair as she let her Playstation 2 load the Final Fantasy X-2 game before returning to her room to let the towel dry. She then went into the kitchen to look for a quick snack fix, tended to her pets once again, and shortly after returned to the living room to relax and enjoy some video gaming time.

Four hours of gameplay had passed and Vicky was now whispering curse words in English and silently fuming at the television screen while furiously tapping away at her controller. "Why won't you fckn die you dumb piece of shiet monster, you?!" Vicky gritted her teeth as she witnessed for the fifth time Yuna, Rikku, and Paine dying again from the boss battle with Angra Mainyu. "Ah, I hate this fckn boss so much!" Vicky growled as she leapt off of the couch to turn the tv. and game system off while leaving the game controller on the sofa before turning around to take a breather, but saw nine pairs of eyes staring at her. Some looked at her amusingly. Others looked at her concerned. While the rest kind of just stared wondering what she was going to do next as they were petting the Pomeranian Husky mix and Van cat. Vicky froze mid-step and stared at them wondering when they had shown up and for how long have they been there.

Instead of asking them, Vicky decided to just give them a tight lipped smile while fixing her glasses with one hand while the other hand was shooting them a wave before quickly snatching up her mobile in her hand and marching away to the kitchen to drown the rest of her frustration with drinks and snacks. "So, does anyone wanna tame the wild beast?" Jenny asked GOT7 with an innocent-like smile before it turned into a smirk. "Or do you wanna add more fuel to the raging fire?" "What kind of questions are those, Bohwa noona?!" Youngjae let out with a slight yelp with widened eyes like he was afraid for his life. "I don't want to do any of that." "Who said you had to, hyung?" Yugyeom asked while shooting the older male a look. "No one said you should." "Because that's easy for you to say with your tall and manly physique, Yugyeom." Bam Bam stated casting Yugyeom an envious look. "Wiki noona would be scare to hit you."

"No, I think Wiki noona might still hit him." Junior interjected with a small chuckle. "Yugyeom-ah is kind of annoying at times." "No, I'm not." Yugyyeom disagreed with the older male's words. "You're more annoying than I am." "Man, I'll hit the both of you if you don't shut up." Natalie interrupted before the two could bicker further while she was setting up the food and drinks on the coffee table with Jenny who just silently laughed at the other girl's words. "You're both annoying." Natalie told them as Junior and Yugyeom just stared at Natalie in disbelief at what she had just said before glaring at one another while elbowing each other that it was the other one's fault. "Guys, guys." Jackson intervened while pulling the two away from one another. "Remember why we're here, okay? Remember that."

Yugyeom turned the other way with a defiant look. "I don't want to celebrate Jinyoung hyung's birthday anymore." "It's not like I'm forcing you to stay to celebrate it, maknae." Junior countered also turning the other way with an indignant look. "Hey, hey, don't say such things." Mark told them in a calm manner as he also decided to intervene standing up and moving away from Mocaccino. "I know you guys don't mean it." JB then ended up taking matters into his own hands as he set Marshmallow so that he could eventually pull Yugyeom and Junior towards one another to face one another as to stare in to each others' eyes and to say something nice about the other. "You guys better stay like this for a minute and do not take your eyes off one another. Got me?" JB ordered them with a stern tone as the latter complied. "Ne." "Good. Now smile and say something nice about each other."

The two girls finally noticed the sudden change of atmosphere and wondered what was going on when they heard Mocaccino's continuous whines. Jenny poked Bam Bam while whispering, "What's going on?" "JB hyung is making Junior hyung and Yugyeom apologize to each other." "But how is that going to make them apologize to one another?" Natalie asked confused by the method and then remembered that one weekly idol episode. "Oh, is it like that episode on Weekly Idol where JB had Yugyeom and Jackson stare at one another that one time?" "Yeah, it's just something like that." Bam Bam nodded his head. "But did it actually work?" Jenny asked confused as she didn't know what the two were talking about as she hasn't seen the episode as of yet. Jenny didn't get an answer as the words spoken by Vicky broke the tension.

"Kyaa, JinGyeom! Ppoppo! JinGyeom, ppoppo! Ppoppo!" Vicky chanted with a grin as she filmed the scene with Moca yapping around her legs and Marsh trying to swipe at the Pomsky to calm down. When she noticed that both Yugyeom and Junior turned to look at her surprised while pushing the other member away from them, she moved her mobile from blocking her face and stared at the crowd. "Oh, well, is um, uh, the um, the GOT7 pairing request not happening or what?" She laughing embarrassed by her action as she wanted to capture the moment for Eunice, to which she did, but she wasn't going to tell them that. "Or were you guys doing something else?" Vicky then looked around and saw the cake, food, and drinks on the table. "Is it someone's birthday today?" Then it clicked after she said that. "Ah, Jinyoung's birthday. Wow, haha, yeah." She let out a bit lamely with several awkward coughs and chuckles later while shifting her eyes from left to right hoping someone would take the attention elsewhere.

"Noona, did you forgot that it's my birthday today?" Junior asked surprised with a slight hurt expression as Vicky waved her hand left and right to signal that she didn't forget. "Oh, no, no. No I didn't forget you're birthday, Junior-goon. I just forgot about it until now." She explained with an awkward smile and thought fast so she could go make a grab for his present to settle his hurt feelings that she knew was going to continue to rise. "Oh, um, Napi said she wanted to take a lot of pictures with just you and her!" And Vicky continued on to make it even more dramatic. "And that Bohwa said she wanted to act some drama scene with you, too!" "Wait, what?!" GOT7 shrieked in surprised while turning to look at the younger girls although there were two distinct voices that went an octave higher at the news. "When did I say that, Wiki unnie?" Both Natalie and Jenny chorused with a horrified and shocked expressions to look at the older girl, but she had already escaped to the safety of her bedroom.

The duo turned their attention to one another and communicated with their eyes before facing the still opened-mouth GOT7. "I didn't say anything." The two girls stated in unison with blank expressions. "I have no idea what Wiki unnie is talking about." Before the idols could make a comment about it, Vicky returned to the living room like she didn't start something. "Alright, you're gift, Jingyoungie." Vicky chirped happily while holding onto what appeared to be a black novel book. Everyone's eyes then focused onto Vicky and the item she held in her hands. "I hope you like it and happy birthday to you, too." Vicky smiled as she extended out her arms while waiting for Junior to take the book. "Ah, thank you, Wiki noona." Junior thanked her a bit slowly as he and the other members try to process the current situation now while the other two girls let out a breath of relief that the focus wasn't on them anymore.

Junior stared at the spine of the book and read the English printing. "Moonlight. Time Dragon?" He asked to no one in particular. "I wonder who that is. It's kind of a weird name for an author." Then he glanced at the front cover and did a double take as he brought it even closer to his face. "Is that my face? Is that me on the cover? Is this book about me?" He asked Vicky unsure and a bit curious as he turned the book over to look at the back cover next. "These words seemed kind of familiar." Junior said as he re-read the back cover again. "It should be. Those are your lines translated in English." Vicky told him. "It's your song, Moonlight from the Identify album." Junior kind of just stared at it as he flipped through the book and looked at the covers again with the members joining him this time around. "I don't get it, noona." Junior admitted once he couldn't figure it out as Vicky smiled.

She took the book from him as both Jenny and Natalie stood beside her to see the gift as well while Vicky explained. "This is a one of a kind book just for you, Junior." The older girl told him. "From one avid reader to another, I had put this book together specifically and especially just for you." She then let out a shy laugh. "It's a bunch of my one shots, scenarios, and short stories featuring you as the main guy and what not." "So what you're saying, Wiki unnie, is that this is basically a fanfiction book for Junior about Junior written all by you?" Jenny deciphered the older girl's words in to more simple terms for better understanding with a laugh. "Yeah, basically." Vicky admitted with a chuckle as she opened the book to the third page and pointed at it. "You can see that it's right here in the dedication part. Sorta. Kinda. Not really. It's crypted, honestly. Heh." Vicky finished lamely with a nervous chuckle.

"Whoa, Vicky, you actually wrote that?" Natalie asked in English as she took the book to read the English dedication part thoroughly. "Wow. That's pretty deep, Vicky." Jenny added after reading the words as well. "I had to re-read it several times to make it stick. Ha." "Still can't believe you call yourself a time dragon though." Natalie scoffed with a chuckle. "And it's all because of Nicholas." "It's his fault as he always comments about my hair and shiet back in the day." Vicky stated with a laugh. "It's actually a cool nickname, anyways." "Wait." Jackson finally spoke up after processing the whole book thing as he yanked the book out of Natalie's grip. "You made a book for Junior for his birthday?" Jackson began, "A book? A fanfiction? Really?" "Uh, yes?" Vicky let out like it was a question. "Why didn't I get something like this?" Jackson asked slightly hurt with a pouty expression.

"Well, honestly, I hardly knew you at the time." Vicky countered as she continued sarcastically. "Oh yeah, Jackson, just let me present you a book of fanfiction stories I've written about you a few weeks after we meet for your birthday gift. Warning sign, she's a crazy fan. Hey guys, let's not be friends with her anymore. She might stalk us. Sure. Okay, let's not." Vicky ended her silly rant while everyone just gave her an amusing look. "Stupid." Natalie commented while shaking her head at Vicky as Jenny just laughed while elbowing Natalie to be nice. "So, um, what kind of stories did you write about Junior hyung, Wiki noona?" Bam Bam asked in Korean suddenly interested in the book as he took it from Jackson. "Whoa. It's in Korean and English." He then opened it wider to show everyone.

Vicky suddenly became slightly shy and embarrassed as she was put on the spot to reveal what she had written for Moonlight. "Um, well, they're all basically love stories with original characters. Hahaha." "Ehhhhh, love stories?" Youngjae let out with a scrunched up face while feeling a bit cringe-worthy upon hearing the words. "All love stories about Junior hyung? Bleh." Yugyeom feigned a gagging motion as Junior slapped him on the shoulder, but didn't say anything. "Hey, what's up with these drawings in here?" Mark asked once he came upon several pages filled with artwork of dinosaurs, robots, and Mickey and Minnie Mouse and wasn't sure if they related to the stories or not. "Did you draw these too, noona?" "Not exactly." Vicky answered as she chuckled. "I had these two do them for me without knowing."

The other girls shot Vicky a look. "What do you mean?" "Remember that day with pizza, boba tea, doing nails, and watching the first season of The Magicians re-runs...

Please log in to read the full chapter