White Day

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Vicky spotted a grocery bag hanging outside her apartment door and wondered what was inside with a suspicious look. Vicky hardly ever received such a thing and wondered if it was a trick or something. She walked closer and peered inside and saw a bunch of fruit snack candies inside and some pieces of folded papers. "Wonder who these are from and how long they've been here?" She looked around her again and shrugged. "Surprised that they're still here." She said in English as she laughed to herself as she took the bag into one of her already occupied hands and entered her place. She set all of her belongings onto her coffee table and crashed onto the sofa, tired.

Vicky had just finished working a twelve hour shift as a part-timer at a pet clinic. She's been up since six in the morning, but didn't go to bed until around three. One of the full-timer, Aecha, had called out and she was called in to fill in for Aecha. Vicky said 'yes' without thinking which may have been due to the lack of sleep, and had to go in on her day off. Now that she was home, Vicky just wanted to sleep because she was lazy to do anything else. Then Vicky remembered she still had to finish the rest of her Chinese homework packet that was due tomorrow. "Ugh. Fcuk my life. Huhu." She continued to speak in English as she moaned into a throw pillow before lifting herself up.

After changing and refreshing herself, Vicky settled back out in the living room with her laptop hooked to the big screen t.v. for a bigger view of her desktop and her homework laid out right beside her laptop with some background music. "Well, at least I only have one class to deal with for the semester unlike the other two, although I do have a teaching class, but that's different." She smiled before signing in to Seoul Community College's website to do her Chinese homework. "Seriously, if I've known I would have done majority of this online while still attending the class, I would have registered with another teacher." Vicky grumbled to herself once again as she finally got to where she left off this morning.

On the second day of class, Vicky learned that Beginner's Mandarin Chinese I was pretty much forty percent of lecturing done by the teacher, and sixty percent of discussing what the lecture was about, going over the homework and online exercises, and then working quietly on their own or with another person. Of course, Teacher Cuī didn't mentioned this in the syllabus but during class, as the teacher said majority of her previous students prefer learning this way. For Vicky though, she found it boring and less interactive since she just sat there listening to the teacher talked for majority of the class. She wouldn't have mind, if the teacher's voice wasn't so monotonous and always repeated things at least two to three times, which made it even more tedious to listen to.

The only good thing Vicky could say about the class was the part about working on her own, although Mark would always find some way to make it a partner thing. Maybe it was to avoid working with the fangirl classmates that kept coming over to him to work together. Vicky couldn't blame them since he was a celebrity and girls wanted a piece of him. She always joked that to him, and he would just glare at her, but Vicky always got a kick out of the girls trying to work with him, and he would reject them with that smile of his that made the girls not angry with him, but at her for some odd reason. She would glare at him, but he would laugh it off and told her that she was imagining things. The other reason was because he also didn't have the textbook for the class, yet, and so she would share hers with him.

After about an hour into her online work and grumbling during most of it Vicky finally took a break. "Pretty much self-teaching myself, but then again, I'm not paying for it, but I still have to pass to keep the benefits. Life, mang." As she stood up while stretching, she heard her door knob jiggling and soon entered her sister and friend. The use of English continued. "What are you guys doing here? I thought you guys weren't coming over until tomorrow?" Vicky asked them as she walked towards her kitchen to grab something to snack on. "Change of plans." Natalie answered her also joining her in the kitchen. "And to give you these." She placed a box of macarons on the counter. "These were given to Jenny from some guy in her class for White Day."

"Yeah, I received two, so I'm giving you the other one." Jenny said as she joined the sisters in the kitchen. "There's a lot and I won't eat them all. Besides, the dorm back at Seouldae doesn't have a big fridge to stash all of these." Vicky cast them a look. "Because of Naly's ever growing stash that's for sure." "You got that right." Natalie smiled as she went through her own sweets given to her for White Day. "Psh, whatever." Vicky rolled her eyes as she took a macaron that had two different colors with pink filling. "Doesn't matter, can add it to the ones I got from work because I replace Aecha and so they gave me her sweets instead." She said before taking a bite of the macaron. "Ohh, this one is good. Love trying new flavors."

"Yeah, that's Lychee Rose. Delicious, isn't it?" Jenny informed her as she also took a Lychee Rose macaron. Vicky nodded her head in agreement before taking another bite. "Anything lychee is good, honestly." She finished that one and took another one that was white with a tint of blue. "That's Raisin Rum." Jenny informed the older girl. "Pretty good, too." "So you just took your co-worker's gifts that were meant for her?" Natalie asked with a laugh. "She won't get mad?" "Pretty much, besides I couldn't reject it since it would not be the kindest thing to do." Vicky replied with a frown. "Nah, she won't get mad. She has a boyfriend already, so I'm sure he already spoiled her which doesn't compare to the ones I got." "True that, true that." Her sister agreed grabbing a light green macaron.

Just then, Vicky heard a dialing tone coming from her laptop and went to check it. "What's that?" Natalie asked her sister. "Someone's calling me through skype." Vicky answered her sister. "Who's calling you?" Jenny asked with a raised eyebrow as Vicky shrugged as she left the kitchen. Vicky looked at her t.v. monitor and saw that the username belonged to GOT7's Mark. She then lean down over her laptop and muted her music player. "It's Mark. I wonder what he wants." She wriggled her eyebrows at her sister who entered the living room with Jenny in tow before answering the call and came face to face with a tired looking Mark. Natalie and Jenny hovered over to the coffee table, but kept themselves away from the computer's camera view although they could still watch Mark on the television set.

"Nǐ hǎo." Vicky greeted Mark in Chinese and then switched to English. "What's up?" "Nothing, just wanted to bother you." Mark laughed as he fixed his hair. Natalie then pointed at the t.v. with a big smile while nodding her head at Vicky while wriggling her eyebrows and Vicky just shook her head with an amused look. She then focused her attention back on to the person on the laptop's screen. "Well, if that's all you wanted to do, Mark, then I'm going to hang up." Vicky , but had a serious face on. "I don't need you to just give me a random call for nothing and interrupt my study time."

Vicky then noticed her sister shake her head while mouthing a 'no'. Vicky laughed and stuck her tongue out at her sister, but forgot that Mark was still watching and had no idea what was going on and so assumed it was for him. "You're lying. No one acts like that when they're lying." "Tch, some do, but sorry got distracted. I'm not lying. I still have to finish my Chinese homework for tomorrow, which you should be doing too, Yí Ēn tóng xué." She stressed the last bit with a grin. "Well, Wěi Qí tóng xué, wǒ yě shì." Mark used the same tone as her with a laugh. "We can work together on this like we do all the other times."

"Tch, again? Really?" Vicky made a face while sticking out her tongue at him, but returned her face to normal. "Don't you have some practice or company work to do?" "I do, but we've been given a break right now." Mark informed her. "I'm using my time to ask you for your help in the homework because I don't know when I'll actually get around to it on my own and because I still don't have the textbook for class." "I knew you just wanted to copy my work since day one." Vicky glared at him as Mark laughed while dismissing it with one hand. "It's not even like that." "Please lor, nǐ shì xué rén jīng." She shook her index finger at him in a playful-like manner. "What?! No way. Teamwork, Vicky. Teamwork, remember?" Mark reminded her with a smile. "Besides, the term you used is a bit offensive, but then again you wouldn't really know since you're a newb to the language."

"Tch, show off." Vicky rolled her eyes at him as he just laughed while she spoke again. "Then which term should I use?" Mark thought about it while Jenny signaled to Vicky if she and Natalie could go through the bags that were still left on the table and Vicky nodded her head as Mark spoke again and she returned her attention to him. "I guess you can say something like, nǐ shì gēn pì chóng. Although there are other words, this one is more in a teasing-like manner. Also, it works better than the other one if you don't want to sound rude that is." He as Vicky looked at him with a judging eye as she opened up a strawberry Hi-Chew pack with the Hangul writing on it that Jenny had slid over to her a few seconds ago.

"Oh, I see you got the candies." Mark smiled seeing it. "Do you like them?" He asked after seeing her put one in . "Wait. They're from you?" Vicky asked surprised. "I thought th-" She was interrupted by Natalie who at that moment threw a piece of paper at her sister which hit her in the face. "Ahh, what the fcuk, Na?" Vicky let out annoyed as she held her cheek while finding whatever had smacked her in the face a second ago. "Lil bish." Vicky muttered as she rubbed her left cheek. "Fcuken hurt like shiet. Huhu."

"Are you, okay?" Mark asked Vicky in concern as he tried to see if she was okay through the webcam. "What happened?" Vicky found the piece of paper and shot Natalie a glare before turning her attention to him. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it, but I'm good. Just some ninja skills that needs practicing is all." Natalie mouthed a 'sorry' just as both she and Jenny were stifling a laugh down. Vicky glared at the both of them and then saw them both point at the piece of papers in their hands indicating for Vicky to open it and read it. Vicky did so and then showed Mark the paper after seeing 'the boys from a few doors down' at the bottom of the letter.

"Really? You guys put 'The boys from a few doors down?'" Vicky looked at him with an 'are you serious' face." "What?" Mark let out with a chuckle. "It's not like we can put our real names. People might start wondering." "True. Anyways, you guys got us candy for White Day? Aww, so sweet. Thank you, although I don't know why since we didn't give you guys anything for Valentine's Day." Mark dismissed it nonchalantly with a sweet smile. "It's just a simple gesture that’s all. The younger ones actually wanted to bake you guys chocolate, too, since we were doing it for our fans for a White Day event, but we didn't have the time to make a lot, so we just bought the candies and wrote messages for all of you instead."

Vicky nodded her head and then turned the laptop around. "Well, I might as well let you see them, too, so they can thank you, too." Vicky laughed as Mark was surprised to see two more familiar faces. "Oh, you guys were there the whole time? And my face is on that big t.v., too? Wow." Mark let out with his jaws dropped and then scrunched up his face. "Not cool, Vicky. Not cool." He then pouted cutely while rubbing his face. Vicky laughed shrugging her shoulders although he couldn't see her. "How long was my face on there?"

"Since you called, but thanks for the candies, Mark." Natalie thanked him with a big smile as she waved at him. "Tell the boys the same thing, too. We'll return the favor for sure later." "Yeah, let them know that we'll buy them cookies in return." Jenny laughed as she waved at Mark, too. "We'll make sure you all get your own pack of cookies so you guys don't have to fight over them." Mark waved his hand to dismiss the notion, but the younger girls insisted still. Vicky then joined the duo to face Mark and interrupted him before he could say something.

"Well, I can't work on my homework like this, so you guys converse, okay?" Vicky said looking at the three back and forth. "Why? Where are you going?" Jenny asked looking at Vicky with a confused look. "Yeah, I thought we were gonna work on our homework together?" Mark let out sadly as he pouted cutely again. "Eww." Vicky made a face out of habit when seeing such things as the younger girls laughed. "Sorry no offense, Mark, but Imma go to sleep instead. Tell my sister to do my homework for me. Haha. Bye." Vicky laughed as she got up while waving at Mark and turned to the other two, "Don't disturb me." Vicky told them and walked away into her bedroom.

"Wow, your sister is mean." Mark stated while scrunching up his face. "Yeah, she's like that. Always changing her mind." Natalie explained. "Sorry, I don't know anything about Chinese, so I can't help you with that or do her homework." Mark dismissed it. "Nah, it's okay. I lied to your sister anyways." "Whoa, what? GOT7's Mark lying?" Jenny said with a teasing expression. "That would be a bad image for you to other IGOT7s out there." Mark defended himself. "No, no, it's not like that." He chuckled. "I do need help on my homework though, so that's not a lie. The other part about bothering her was just to see what she was up to."

The girls gave him a weird look, expecting him to continue on. He looked at them for a bit, and then realized that they wanted him to explain further. "Um, well..." Mark trailed off as he became a bit shy in saying the next words. "Now I can understand why Vicky left." Jenny laughed as Natalie joined in but didn't say anything. "Ahh, it's not how it's supposed to be." Mark let out all embarrassed like, but controlled himself. "The boys and I were gonna invite you girls over for a White Day dinner, since we actually wrapped up our White Day event with IGOT7s a while ago."

Natalie's eyes went wide at the unexpectedness of his words. "Wow, really? You guys would do such a thing?" Mark let out a scoff a bit offended. "What? Can't friends do things for friends? Plus, the younger ones wouldn't stop talking about wanting to hang out again. You guys made a really big impression on them." "Oh, we try." Jenny let out as she dusted off imaginary flecks off of her shoulders with a smile. "We do our best." "I didn't know we were all friends all of a sudden. Is that how it works here in South Korea?" Natalie teased as she learned this in her first week of attending Seoul National University about two years ago and was still trying to get used to it. "Haha, funny." Mark faked laugh, but still had a smile on his face still. "Yeah, but no that's the truth. I swear."

Mark was about to say more, but someone appeared and blocked him from view and replacing his face with theirs. "Oh, Jenny! Natalie! Hello!" Yugyeom greeted the girls in English. "How are you today?" "Hey, Andrew!" The girls greeted back with smiles and waves. "I'm good. How about you?" "I'm fine, thank you." Yugyeom replied with a big grin. "Who are you guys talking to?" The girls heard another voice asked in Korean and was soon greeted by Youngjae. "Oh, hi. Hello." Youngjae let out awkwardly in English, but greeted the girls. "Hi Natalie noona and hi Jenny noona." He waved and greeted them with a sure smile. "Welcome to GOT7 world." The girls laughed at his English in a good way. "Hey Elliot!"

Another body soon joined them afterwards. "P'Na! Nhi noona." Bam Bam cooed and did a cute pout. "Did you guys miss me? You missed me, right?" "Hey Bam! Of course! Who wouldn't miss you?" Jenny replied with a laugh. "Hello, N'Bam!" Natalie greeted him. "I miss you a little, ka." Natalie teased in Thai while doing a small heart pose with her fingers, but then asked them in Korean, "Are you guys still on break?" "Yeah, still break." Yugyeom answered in English with a smile. "Wow, Yugyeom-ah, those English lessons are paying off." Jenny smiled at him. "Very good!" Jenny praised him in English with a thumbs up." "What about me? What about me?" Youngjae

Please log in to read the full chapter