Study Group

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was just before noon on a Friday morning on May 20th that Vicky was calmly doing another study and prepping session on her own when two more people decided to join her to make it more interesting. "Hey, Ky-chan, help us out." Natalie announced once she and Jenny walked through the door of Vicky's apartment. "Yeah, help quiz us because this exam is totally major for our credits to pass this semester." Jenny added as she set a pile of books onto Vicky's already covered coffee table with her school notes. "Why? Aren't your exams in like three more weeks?" Vicky asked them as she scanned the titles of their textbooks. "Why don't you guys actually go study with the people that's in the classes as you?" "They wanna study alone." Jenny informed her as she brought out her own study materials and joined Vicky at the table. "And we need all the studying we can get until then."

Natalie came from the kitchen with drinks and snacks and joined the duo as well. "Yeah, they wanted to do everything on their own and not with others. It's not particularly our thing." Natalie added with a shrug. "Oh well, but since you're smart, you can help us get ready in a week and half time instead of three." Vicky rolled her eyes as she gathered her things to put it aside while moving the new pile of books towards her. "There's so much here." "Because they're both mine and Natalie's textbooks combine." Jenny told the older woman. "Besides, like Natalie said, you're smart and you should be able to help us." "She just wants me to do the work so she can slack off." Vicky remarked as Natalie cast her a bright grin while stuffing an onion ring into . "That's right." "Yeah, yeah." Vicky grabbed the first book from the pile. "Alright. Let's get started then."

After an hour of Vicky going over with them in several topics and even quizzing them by making up questions and the likes her sister was ready to call in for a break. "Let's take a break." Natalie announced as she gave her sister her practicde quiz. "Huh, already?" "Whoa, whoa." Jenny interjected. "I'm still not done." "That's why we take a break since you're still doing your test." Natalie grinned as Jenny pouted. "How did you finish so fast?" Jenny looked at her paper once more. "I still have like three questions left." "Don't worry, just finish up as best as you can." Vicky told her as she finished grading Natalie's paper. "Here." She handed the test back to her sister. "Not bad." Natalie grabbed it and looked at it. "Ohh yeah." She then scanned the paper once more. "I totally guess on this one." "What? This makes me feel bad." Jenny let out with a laughing groan. "Why?" Vicky asked her since she knew that the two didn't have the same classes.

"Because she just guessed on one of them." Jenny replied as Natalie dismissed the notion. "Don't worry about it, Jenster." Before anyone else could say something they heard a playful knock sounding from the door. Vicky let out a groan. "Ugh, what do they want now?" "Oh be nice, Vicky." Jenny told her as she finally passed her test to the older girl. "Yeah, it might be JB." Natalie teased as she walked to the door. "Oh, sorry, Ky-chan. No JB for you." Natalie teased once more after looking through the peephole. "Well, at least that's good." Vicky muttered as Jenny laughed. "Eunice was right. You are playing hard to get." "When did she tell you that?" "When we were in Myeongdong." "She would." By now Natalie had opened the door and welcomed four of the GOT7 members inside as she spoke in Korean. "Hey, boys! We just got done with our study time. We're on our break."

"Oh, we came here to study, too." Junior beamed at Natalie as he, Yugyeom, Mark, and Youngjae made themselves comfortable in Vicky's living room. "Yeah, big test coming up!" Yugyeom expressed in English with a smile. "Need help." "But you have Mark and Jackson who can speak English." Vicky grumbled as she returned Jenny's practice quiz. "Not bad, better than my sister." Jenny let out a sigh of relief. "Thank god. At least I'll definitely pass for sure. Thanks." "Sometimes they aren't much help." Junior joked as Mark playfully punched him. "We have to pass. Or Miss Wiki will fail us." Youngjae responded in English with a look of horror. "I don't want to fail." "You're not going to fail." Vicky remarked with a roll of her eyes as she began tidying the mess on her coffee table again.

"You might fail in your Chinese exam though." Mark joked as Vicky cast him a narrow gaze. "Bù wǒ bù huì." She defended herself in Chinese before speaking in Korean again. "I've been practicing." "Oh yeah? Lemme quiz you then." Mark spoke in English with a mischievous look. "Let's see how much you've improved since the last time we studied together." "I don't want to." Vicky whined as she pushed her glasses up on the bridge of her nose. "Just go study by yourself." "I thought we were taking a break?" Jenny asked confused. "You and Natalie can quiz each other by using the other's tests and see if you can get it." Vicky ordered the two girls in English while making sure they did so before looking over at the male quartet and spoke in Korean with a smile.

"As for you guys, I'll give you all a practice test that I have been working on lately. I'll make another one later." She pointed at Youngjae, Junior, and Yugyeom before looking at Mark. "You. You can do this Chinese practice test I found online by yourself." Before the boys can protest, Vicky had already handed out the pieces of papers to them and pencils. "Wait, what about you, noona?" Yugyeom asked confused. Vicky pointed to herself while standing up with her phone in hand. "Me? I need a special drink now that this has become a study group." "Can I have a special drink, too?" Youngjae asked innocently. "No. You can have..." Vicky trailed off as she looked at one of the unopened drinks around her to give him. "This orange juice." Vicky smiled while handing the younger man the bottle.

"Oh. Don't slack off. I'll come back and check if you're not taking it seriously." Vicky continued as she cast them an evil-like yet playful look with a wave of her hand as she started to walk away. "No cheating and have fun!" She disappeared into her kitchen. "I feel kind of scared now." Junior let out with a nervous laugh. "Me, too." Youngjae agreed. "I don't know why though." "Should we be scare?" Yugyeom asked casting a look at the girls. "Nah, not really." Jenny reassured the younger man with a flick of her wrist. "Nothing serious." "Hey, Natalie." Mark called in English as Natalie turned to face him. "What?" "Vicky a sadist or something?" "Sometimes, but she's also the other one that's opposite of that word." "Masochist?" "Yeah, but like I said before. She's just weird." "Tell me about it."

Because Vicky didn't really come and check up on them as she got distracted with eating the slice of carrot cake in her fridge, the group of six finished earlier than expected. Within eight minutes that is. Because they all asked one another for help. That's why. Well, Mark breezed through his easily. Anyways, due to that, the girls and three of the GOT7 members watched as Mark started to set up the Playstation 2. Keeping the sound on mute, they were able to get away with playing video games for eleven minutes believing they were safe. They weren't as Vicky quietly entered back into the living room and saw what they were up to. Vicky's lips quirked up to one side as she rolled her eyes while shaking her head amused. Kids. Instead of busting them for it, Vicky decided to leave them alone. She quietly gathered her things and left the apartment. She texted her sister.

Natalie's mobile dinged and she checked it. Entertain boys. Lotsa snacks and drinks. Heading 2 Clo. Cant rly study or wrk. Lmk when they leave. Ill be back then. Ltr. She read her sister's shorthand message in her head with a small smile. Natalie turned to Jenny and whispered what Vicky had text her. "Did she really leave?" Jenny softly asked Natalie as she nodded her head. "So what do we do?" Natalie shrugged as she heard her phone dinged again and checked it to see it was Vicky again. "Send their test so can grade." Natalie read it aloud, but quietly and did as she was told. "What are you doing, Napi noona?" Youngjae asked as he noticed her taking a photo of his test paper. "For Wiki unnie." Natalie replied and sent all four pictures to her sister. "So she can grade them."

"Is noona too lazy to walk back here and look for herself?" Yugyeom asked with a laugh. "No, she's not here anymore." Natalie replied after taking a sip of her pink lemonade. "She left a while ago." Junior turned to look at the girls and ignored the game. "She left?" "Yeah, she went to run errands." Jenny lied for the older woman. "She forgot she had other stuff to do today." "Seems like her." Mark laughed as he defeated Junior's character when he was distracted. "Yeah, I win!" "Hey, you didn't pause the game, hyung." Junior whined cutely. "My turn!" Yugyeom exclaimed as he took the remote for Junior's hand and played against Mark. "No, it's my turn, maknae." Youngjae remarked as he tried to grab the controller, but Yugyeom maneuvered it away from his reach. "Not uh."

"So does that mean we're not going to study anymore?" Junior asked as he focused his attention onto Jenny and Natalie. "No, we can play an English game if you want." Natalie told him as she went through Vicky's things and found two board games that they all could play with. "We can play Scrabble and, or Apples to Apples." She set the games on the coffee table while removing everything on it to the side before setting up Apples to Apples to play first. "We can also play in teams since we have three fluent English speakers." Jenny added with a smile. "Oh, that's a good idea." Junior agreed. "But I don't know how to play these games." "Don't worry, we'll teach you." Jenny assured him. "Games are our specialties." "Except for when it comes to Korean games, right?" He and Jenny laughed while nodding her head in agreement. "Exactly."

~~~~~~~

"Stop cheating!" The girls let out in frustration as Mark continued to laugh mischievously after whispering something to Yugyeom. "I'm not cheating." Mark replied as he continued laughing his mischievous laugh. "I'm just helping Yugyeom." They were playing scrabble and were in their third round of the game. Yugyeom had won the first two rounds with the help of Mark and Mark's handphone. Jenny was paired with Youngjae and Junior was paired with Natalie. Yugyeom had put down the pieces to make the word 'bezazz'. "This word is legit." Mark told them as he held up his phone. "You're not supposed to use your phone, Mark." Natalie narrowed her eyes at him as she rearranged the letters on the stand for Junior's to play next. "Yeah, this is supposed to be for fun and not for winning." Jenny added, as she told Youngjae to put down his pieces as he was next to go.

Youngjae had spelt out the word 'requiem'. "How do you say this one?" Junior asked as he didn't know how to read it. "That's not a word, Elliot." Yugyeom replied as he pointed at Youngjae's word. "Mine is a word, Andrew, not like yours." Youngjae countered. "This word is legit, too." Jenny smiled. "Says who?" Mark asked. "Vicky." Jenny laughed as she pointed to a piece of paper with Vicky's handwriting on it. "She could have made it up." Mark tried to reason, but Natalie showed him her phone. "It's real. It's Latin and it means a song for the dead or something." "You're not supposed to use your phone, Natalie." Mark mimicked her from earlier as Natalie stuck her tongue at him, but continued talking. "Sorry, Justin, I don't know how to say it." "Yeah, Justin, you can have Vicky tell you how to pronounce it when she comes back." Jenny told him with a chuckle.

The group of six have been using English since they started playing the board games, and the other three English learners were doing quite well in keeping up with the native speakers every now and then. "Ha!" Junior let out happily after putting down his pieces that spelled out 'jeux'. "What word is that?" Youngjae asked. "Jay-aucks?" Yugyeom tried to pronounced the word and gave up. "That's not a word." "I think that's French or something." Jenny laughed. "It is. It means game or play in French." Natalie informed them as she held up

Please log in to read the full chapter