Summer Trip

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was now the month of July and for the past few weeks, the girls have been able to avoid GOT7 without worries. They were surprise that it became that easy again after hanging out with them constantly months prior. Anyhow, the girls would leave the apartment early in the morning and didn't return until close to midnight or ended up just staying at the Seouldae's dorms which Jenny and Natalie did majority of the time. Whereas Vicky stayed busy by taking on multiple shifts at the pet clinic to just spend time away from home or even hanging out at Love Jewel Entertainment as much as possible if not at the clinic. Also it was easier to have Marsh and Moca stay at either place as Vicky didn't have to worry about leaving them at the apartments alone. Plus, she could sleep at the clinic as they did have an extra room to crash if for any reason to do so. Love Jewel was the same way, which Vicky thought was quite interesting. Of course the girls knew it was an extreme thing to do, but they had to make sure that their paths wouldn't cross the boys whatsoever.

The trio knew that a normal friendship with GOT7 couldn't happen again after that incident and they didn't want to be in that kind of situation ever again. Sure, it might have been a simple misunderstanding, but it made them realize that with GOT7's continual rise in popularity and the fanbase, they needed to back off and stay away. Of course at Love Jewel Entertainment, they found it different as they were a part of the company and family so there wouldn't be any reason for such scandals to arise if something did occured. The trio did finally get the chance to meet the founder and the human resources manager and have enjoyed every LOVESTAR Wednesdays whenever it came up. The girls were surely enjoying themselves although from time to time, their minds did wander down memory lane involving the members of GOT7. They haven't really talked to one another about it in a serious manner, but they knew it didn't matter. Well, Jenny and Natalie have talked for sure whereas Vicky stayed distant about the topic or just simply brush it off without much notion.

~~~~~~~

"So just like that you're all not friends anymore?" Eunice let out once the trio told the younger girl the story at a cafe just a few minutes away from Seoul National University. Eunice was on summer break and her dad allowed her to spend a week in South Korea with her friends before meeting them in Malaysia afterwards. "I know Vicky told me the story through Whatsapp, but I didn't think it sounded this hurtful in person. Sad lah." "Honestly, it's really sad." Natalie admitted. "Like, it was just chill and we were all getting along, but I guess to them they thought we were faking it all this time." "What's even sadder is that I didn't even have the heart to watch their new music video." Jenny stated sadly as she continued. "Couldn't even listen to the song or their mini-album. Didn't even watch their comeback performances either." "Walao eh. Really ma?" Eunice asked them in Manglish shocked. "Sibeh sad. They look really good. I like it. The colors are so pretty even though it doesn't fit summer."

The two nodded their heads in sad agreement. "I loved the blue though." Natalie commented as Jenny agreed. "The teaser was pretty good, too." As for Vicky, her mind and thoughts were elsewhere. "Vicky." Eunice called to the older girl, but Vicky didn't hear her. "Jiě jiě?" Vicky still didn't hear her. "Vicky? Jiě jiě?" Vicky snapped out of it and looked at Eunice. "Hmm?" "Okay ma?" "Okay lah." "Actually, Vicky hasn't been okay out of the rest of us." Jenny informed the younger girl with a sympathic look. "I'm okay. Really." Vicky told them although she didn't sound convincing. Natalie knew her sister was lying, but didn't say anything about it. "Honestly, it's not as sad as already preordering their albums and still leaving it in its wrap and package unopened." Vicky admitted with a sad smile as the other three look at her. "You didn't tell me you got it already." Natalie said a bit disappointed. Vicky shrugged. "I honestly didn't want to bother." "But still, you could've told me." Natalie stated with a slight pout. "When did it come in?" Jenny asked the older girl.

"Just like two weeks after the argument happened." Vicky answered avoiding eye contact with all of them. "So basically it came in last week?" Natalie deadpanned with slitted eyes. "Yeah, basically." Vicky nodded with a sad look. "It's in my room somewhere. I think under the bed or the closet so that I wouldn't be reminded of everything and what not." Natalie then change the topic to avoid talking about the boys anymore so her sister wouldn't get all moody and become a little bish. "Anyways, why are we talking about them? I don't want to hear it anymore. Let's dropped it. Let's talk about something else." Natalie turned to look at Eunice. "So, how long are you here for again, Euncy?" Natalie have given her the nickname since she was too lazy to call her Eunice when the younger arrived earlier this morning. "For a little over a week or so. I leave next Saturday back to Malaysia on the twenty-third."

"Well, now that you're back in Seoul. What do you want to do? Anything you wanted to do this time around you didn't get to do last time?" Jenny asked her. "Um, well before I did want to hang out with the boys, but since the situation is what it is, I don't know." "Well, if you want to hang out with boys, you can always meet X-5." Vicky suggested with a small smile. "But, I know you don't know who they are and so you're probably not interested." "Yeah, sorry." Eunice laughed. "If only we knew Super Junior, then you could have met them." Natalie stated wishfully. "Too bad we're not associated with S-M Entertainment at all." "It would have been interesting if you girls were." Eunice said with a smile. "Lots of idols there."

"Most definitely since they've just pop out another idol group since Red Velvet last year. NCT U is the sub-unit right?" Jenny asked trying to remember. "I don't know. I haven't been following." Vicky admitted with a chuckle. "I'm really not into some of these stuff like I used to be." "Well, luckily for me, I'm still updated more or less." Natalie said as she told them the group's name. "The group's name is, NCT, Neo Culture Technology, or something like that and the one that debuted is called NCT U. It's a rotational kind of concept with several members." "Reminds me of a combination of XING and EXO, honestly." Vicky chuckled at the idea of it. "Well, I already call dibs on Doyoung and Jaehyun." Jenny added. "Haha, of course you would."

"It's okay, another unit should be debuting later, which means more boys." Natalie informed them with a grin. "Either way, Super Junior is still number one for me." Eunice grinned. "Too bad that no one will compare to Super Junior." Eunice "Of course no one compares to your precious, SuJu." Vicky smirked, and then slightly frowned "Except GOT7, but still, not talking about them at the moment." "Yeah, yeah." Eunice agreed to ease the older girl. "I know lah. I know." "Anyways, what else is going on with everyone's life besides KPOP music?" Vicky asked trying to change the topics to things outside the hallyu topics. "Well, I-" Jenny began but she stopped talking as someone joined them.

"Hello, ladies." Taesuk greeted them cheerily in Korean. "How have you guys been?" He then saw Eunice. "Hi. I'm Ryu Taesuk. I don't think we've met. Nice to meet you." "Nice to meet you, too. I'm Oh Shinhye." Eunice shyly introduced herself as he cast her another friendly smile before focusing his attention onto Natalie, but was looking at Vicky. "So, Napi-yah," He began, but was confused when Vicky pointed to the person next to her. "She's Napi. I'm Wiki." "Ahh, sorry, sorry." Taesuk let out with an embarrassed laugh and looked at the right person. "Seriously? You're still getting us mixed up? Different hair colors." Natalie pouted as she pointed at hers and her sister's different hair colors. "And we look nothing alike." "I'm sorry. Honest mistake." Taesuk apologized and then went back to what he wanted to say.

"What was I going to say? Oh yeah. Since four of my buddies bailed on me at the last minute, do you girls wanna go on a summer trip with me? It's a round trip." He asked the quartet with hopeful eyes as the girls gave him weird looks. "Why?" Natalie asked him giving him a suspicious look. "Isn't that kind of, suspicious?" Taesuk let out a nervous laugh. "Yes, it is, but they all cancelled on me, and I just happen to see you girls over here and thought to invite you four instead." "Don't you go to Konkuk though?" Vicky asked him. "How come you're at Seouldae?" "I was around." Taesuk simply answered with a shrug. "One of the friends live around him and he told me the news. So yeah?" "There's no catch?" Jenny asked still feeling unsure about the whole ordeal. "Only catch is that I can't refund the tickets and it's why I'm inviting you all on a free trip to Jeju Island." "Oh, why didn't you say so in the first place?" Natalie told him with a grin. "Finally I get to go to Jeju Island since Wiki unnie still hasn't gotten to do it yet!"

Vicky rolled her eyes, but didn't comment about that. "When is the flight?" "It's tonight, actually." Taesuk said as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Like I said, it was last minute. I understand if you all can't go." Eunice then looked at the other three girls. "Well, since it's no big deal, I don't mind going. Technically, I'm on vacation, so going to Jeju Island will still be consider as vacation." She then shrugged. "I think we can all use this to get out of Seoul and spend some time on an isolated island away from the mainland. Yeah?" "I agree. We should go. I'm sure the people at Love Jewel will understand if we just leave for...?" Jenny then looked at Taesuk. "How long are we going to be gone for?" "Just four days. We leave tonight at around six and come back on the seventeenth around three in the afternoon. If my memory serves me right."

"Won't your parents find it weird if four random girls they've never met show up with you at the airport?" Natalie asked him with an amused expression. "That would be a sight, actually. Might have my old man get off my back about finding someone to settled down with." Taesuk laughed. "Also, my mom would finally be happy to have other women in the house since she only had me and my dad." "I feel sorry for your mom." Vicky said sympathetically. "Anyways, I guess the answer is obvious, but still. It's so last minute." Vicky hesitated. "I guess I can leave Moca and Marsh at the clinic, but still I feel weird about all of this." "What's so weird about it?" They asked her. "I dunno. It just is." Vicky answered with a chuckle, but agreed when the others cajoled her into just going with it. "Fine. I guess we should get ready for our mini vacation to Jeju Island for a few days."

~~~~~~~

"Ahh, umma! Appa!" Taesuk greeted his parents upon arriving to Jeju Island within an hour. "Taesukie-yah." His mother, Kwon Eunkyung, greeted him as she wrapped her arms around her son. "It's so good to see you." "It's good to see you, too, umma." He then hugged his father, Ryu Moonchul. "Appa, I hope you've been doing well." "Of course. I take care of my health, now that you're out of the house." His father joked and then cast his eyes behind his son and let out amusingly. "So, are these the potential daughter-in-laws?" "Dad." Taesuk groaned as his father patted him on the back. "I'm just kidding." "I'm not. It's about time he brought someone home to meet us." His mother piped happily up as she walked towards the four girls with a motherly smile. "So which one of you is dating my son?"

The girls looked at one another amused, but tried to control their amusement. "Sorry, I'm not dating your son." They answered in uniso

Please log in to read the full chapter