Skyping

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Natalie let out a soft chuckle while shrugging playfully as she cast the idol a secretive smile. "Hmm, well Mark, maybe or maybe not." Mark shot her a surprised look. "That's not really an answer, Natalie." She shrugged again not really saying anything else as Mark watched her closely and she became uncomfortable under his watchful gaze. "So, um," She let out slowly while shifting her eyes anywhere, but on him. "How's the promotion going for the new album?" Natalie asked diverting attention elsewhere while Mark raised an eyebrow with a crooked smile. "Don't try to change the topic." "Fine. I guess we can just not talk. But that shouldn't be hard for you, right?" Natalie smiled at him with a laughing expression before shifting her eyes to watch the numbers change as the lift continued to move up. Natalie could feel Mark's gaze burn upon her skin and she slightly glanced at the idol. "What?" "Nothing." Mark shook his head while casting her a hidden smile, but had somehow moved closer to her as she didn't really pay attention to their close proximity.

The two stood side by side in complete silence as the elevator finally reached the fifth floor. Natalie walked out first with Mark following closely behind who then matched her pace alongside her. Natalie shot him a quick glance before looking forward again. "You could just walk on ahead, y'know." Natalie told him while keeping her eyes ahead of her as Mark let out a small laugh. "I could, but I should make sure you get home safely." "It's just right there, Mark." Natalie pointed to room 502 which was several feet away giving him a confused look. "What could happen before I even get there?" She spoke too soon or fate just wanted to mess with her by proving a point as Natalie suddenly stepped wrong with her left foot while walking. "Ahh, shiet." Natalie mumbled to herself knowing she had jinxed herself as she tried to balance herself from crashing onto the floor by flailing her arms about in hopes that it would steady her whole body.

Mark reacted on instinct as he reached out to grab a hold of Natalie's flailing right arm from falling over and eventually helped to balanced her. "Are you okay, Natalie?" He asked concerned as Natalie calmed her beating heart while she composed herself. "Um, yeah. Yeah, I think so." She looked up at him. "Thanks, Mark." She then caught the slow smirk forming upon his face. "What?" "You said something about what could happen to you or something like that, right?" "I don't know what you're talking about, Mark." "Yeah you do, Natalie. You just don't want to admit it." Mark stated as his smirk grew bigger while Natalie rolled her eyes and was about to walk off, but Mark still had his hand around her arm. "Um, Mark, you can let go now. I'm fine." "Oh, no, Natalie. I can't do that." He told her with a mischievous look as he led them both to walk again. "I'll hold on to your arm until we actually reach the door just to make sure you don't trip again." "I'm not a child." Natalie stated, but Mark ignored her and continued to lead them both as the smirk lingered upon his face.

"This bish." Natalie muttered to herself as she cast him a suspicious look not even caring that her GOT7 bias was watching out for her safety and even holding her arm at that. Although she was spazzing on the inside, but then again she won't let hiim know that personally. "What did you say?" Mark looked over at her as Natalie then smiled sweetly at him. "Oh, nothing, nothing." He narrowed his eyes at her, but look forward again as Natalie suddenly looked down as the shyness finally took over. Damn he's too close. "Alright, we've reached room five-oh-two safely." Mark announced happily, but didn't let go of Natalie's arm. "Thanks." Natalie thanked him not really sure what else to say to him until she noticed that he was still holding on to her arm. She pointed at it. "You can let go, Mark." "Oh yeah." He released her arm and awkwardly laughed while looking away. "Sorry about that." "It's okay." Natalie told him as she smiled seeing a flustered looking Mark up close and personal.

The two continued to stand outside room 502 for a few seconds longer before Mark spoke again. "So, um, Natalie..." He trailed off as Natalie raised an eyebrow. "Hmm?" "That guy from earlier." Natalie shot him a curious look. "Why are you so curious to know about him?" "Hey, I'm just trying to look out for a friend, y'know. He could be dangerous or something." He stated seriously with a concern expression. "You can't be too careful." Natalie let out a laugh appreciating his concern for her well-being. "Hey, this isn't a laughing matter." Mark slightly pouted crossing his arms over his chest as Natalie found the action quite cute for him before explaining the whole thing briefly. "Haha, sorry Mark, but you don't have to worry about him. There's nothing going on between us. He's just a friend and a co-worker. Vicky's known him for like two years now. She trusts him, and so do I. Seriously, thanks for your concern though."

"I wasn't worry about what was going on between the both of you." Mark denied quickly, but spoke again before Natalie could mention it. "This is Seoul and you are a girl, so yeah. Y'know you're far from home and what not." He babbled and Natalie just smiled amusingly at him. "That's what I was more worry about." She let out another laugh knowing he was trying to cover himself earlier, but didn't call him out on it. "I see. Well, thanks again, Mark." "You're welcome, Natalie." He let out with a sigh of relief of not getting called out on the matter. "So, I'll catch you later then?" "Yeah, if our path crosses again. Sure." "Why do you say it like we won't even see each other again?" Mark cast her a slightly hurt expression as Natalie shrugged with a small smile. "You're busy. We're busy. Everyone's busy. So who knows." She then gave him a reassuring smile. "But you guys are always welcome to come over like before though. Vicky has gotten over it. More or less."

"Sounds nice, but if she hasn't forgiven us, we don't want to intrude." Mark simply stated with a wry look. Natalie dismissed it with a wave of her hand. "Vicky's not even here. She's in Japan right now. Either way, Vicky's not really mad. She'll get over it since it's already like four weeks since then. She's just weird and handles it in her weird way like all of us." Mark shot her a confused look. "Vicky's not here? She's in Japan? Since when?" "Since three days ago." Before Mark could reply Natalie's phone dinged letting her know she received a text message and she shot Mark an apologetic look, but not before laughing at the irony of how it interrupted him like before. "Oh, it's the girls. They're just wondering why it's taking so long for me to return." Natalie told him with a laugh. "I guess this is it. Thanks again, Mark. It was good seeing you. Night. Take care."

She waved at him, but frown seeing that Mark continued to stand there. "Why are you still here?" "I have to make sure you enter inside safely." He told her with a smirk. "Really?" "Yes, really." "I'll be fine, Mark." He continued to stand there giving her a determined look. "Fine. If you wanna waste your time watching me enter safely, then so be it. It's your life." Mark chuckled. "I'm just being a good friend, Natalie." "Yeah, yeah. Whatever, Mark." Natalie turned around and opened the door as she walked inside with half of her in and the other half out. She looked over her shoulder at Mark. "Happy now?" "It'll suffice." He chuckled as he began to back away towards his own place still facing her with a wide grin. "See you later, Natalie." "Goodbye, Mark." Natalie waved at him with a happy expression as the rest of her entered the apartment and she closed the door.

"Goodbye, Mark." Jenny teased from behind Natalie as Natalie swung around quickly to face her friends. "How long have you guys been standing there?" "Oh, since we heard your ring tone when Jenny messaged you." Eunice answered with a semi-innocent smile. "So, how did you run into Mark?" "On the elevator when coming back up. He was on it." Natalie answered as she walked pass them towards the kitchen with the two in tow. Jenny had led Moca into Vicky's room to sleep while Marshmallow had made herself comfortable underneath the coffee table. "Was the others there, too?" Jenny asked as Natalie shook her head. "No, he was the only one from what I noticed. I don't know why though. I didn't ask him." "Were you distracted because you were talking with your bias?" Eunice let out slowly in a slightly teasing manner.

"Distracted, no. Checking him out, hell yeah!" Natalie answered honestly with the happiest expression on her face with no shame after grabbing the bag of Ariana's macarons from the fridge. "So, what did you guys talk about for so long, huh?" Jenny asked as she joined Natalie and Eunice back in the living room. "Nothing much really now that I think about it." Natalie answered trying to recall their conversations. "He just made sure I arrived here safely and he wanted to know if Carson was my boyfriend. It was kind of funny actually." "Really?" Eunice and Jenny let out surprise. "I bet he was jealous." Eunice said with a laugh. "You were hugging some random guy he didn't know." "Tch, I wish! Man, I wish!" Natalie let out biting into a macaron. "That would be nice." "Haha, only in our fantasies lah." "But I don't think he cares since he's an idol and I'm just not." "You never know."

"Psh, I still wish for some alone time with Jackson or Junior or maybe even JB. Even if they're idols. Actually any of them except your guys' men." Jenny let out with a laugh also biting into a macaron. "Not JB, Jenny." Eunice told her with a smile. "He's Vicky's man." "Ah, yeah, yeah, of course." "That is if my sister stops denying him." Natalie added with a laugh eating another macaron." "True. Anyways, Jackson still needs to return Jackson Jr. to me though." Jenny let out with a pout. "Oh, I remember now." Eunice let out after finishing her macaron. "Jackson Jr. is the plush doll he won for you during that fake scavenger hunt Vicky set up, right?" "Yeah. It was cute and unexpected." Jenny smiled reminiscing at the memory. "Still thanking Vicky for giving me that alone time with him." "I'm sure you want some alone time with Yugyeom, too, right Euncy?" Natalie nudged the younger girl wriggling her eyebrows. "The Semi-Pure couple."

Eunice choked on her macaron as Jenny passed her a bottle of water. "Are you okay?" Eunice nodded her head as she downed the water before she could breathe normally again. "Only Vicky has ever said that to me." Eunice finally spoke with a light chuckle. "I wasn't expecting you to say it, Naly." "Vicky tells me a lot of things." Natalie grinned as she pointed at Jenny. "Jenny and Jackson are the Fun couple." Jenny interjected. "Wait, wait, since when? Why the Fun couple? I don't remember Vicky mentioning that." "You probably forgot." Eunice offered with a smile as Natalie explained. "It's because you and Jackson are like the lively types and know how to get down." "Then what did Vicky dub you and Mark?" Jenny asked curiously. "The Possessive couple." Eunice answered with a laugh as Jenny joined in but was confused. "Wait, why?" "Because we like to claim things that are ours, ours, even if it's not technically ours. Also, we don't like others taking our things." Natalie answered with a chuckle. "Kinda funny actually."

"Wait, does that mean Vicky came up with one for her and JB, too?" Jenny asked interested liking this topic. "Or did she just not give herself one and tried to deny the poor guy like always?" "Vicky calls herself and JB the Fierce couple." Eunice answered with another laugh before explaining the meaning behind it. "Because they are the tough kind of people and try to appear strong and what not." "And they both have tempers." Natalie added with a grin. "Ahh, that's cute, but true." Jenny chuckled liking the couple name. "All of them are good, but wait, what does the semi-pure part actually mean for you, Euncy, and Yugyeom?" The other two laughed before Eunice explained. "It's because we're young and naive, but not exactly innocent. Also our mind isn't all that pure either." Eunice laughed after saying the words. "Semi-pure it became."

"Ahh, I see, I see. That's funny and cute." Jenny said shaking her head at Vicky's cou

Please log in to read the full chapter