Study Session

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Zhè shì shén me?" Mark asked Vicky in Mandarin while holding up a flashcard with '好吃' written on it as the duo were studying for an upcoming pre-exam final for Chinese class at Vicky's apartment on a Friday afternoon about a week or so later after Eunice had left. The two were using flashcards that Vicky had made since the beginning of class to help her memorize better. "Hǎo... um hǎo...chī?" Vicky answered a bit unsure. Mark stalled a bit to and then finally answered her with a bright smile. "Shì de!" "Finally." Vicky let out in English. "I almost thought of something else." "Well this wouldn't be the first time, Wěi Qí tóng xué." He smirked at her as Vicky stuck her tongue out at him. "Hǎo dè. Zhè shì shén me?" Vicky then held up a flashcard with '很高兴见到你' written on it for Mark to identify.

"Really?" Mark asked her in English as he gave her a judging look. "What?" Vicky shrugged with a small smile. "I swear I just randomly picked it up." Mark gave her another look, but answered with ease. "Hěn gāo xìng jiàn dào nǐ." "Show off." Vicky muttered. "Don't be jealous." "I'm not jealous." "Yes you are, just admit it." "No. Am not jealous. Shut up, Mark." Mark let out a laughed before he picked up another flashcard and showed it to Vicky as he spoke in Chinese again. "What is this?" Vicky stared at the '手臂' card for a good fifteen seconds. "Wǒ bù zhī dào." She answered with a silent laugh while shrugging her shoulders. "You didn't even try." Mark scoffed and then gaze her a judging look. "At least guess. Had this class for a month and a half already." Vicky let out a sigh."Is it shǒu zhǐ?" "Bù. Close, but it's shǒu bì instead." He turned over the card for her to see.

"Ugh. I'm so going to fail compare to you." Vicky groaned in English as she placed her head onto the coffee table. "You're not going to fail, Vicky." Mark consoled her. "You're actually not that bad." Vicky then turned to smile at him, then frown after what he said afterwards. "You were quite horrible in the beginning actually. Very terrible. In honesty, you so much that-" Vicky sat back up and punched him on the shoulder. "Ow, what was that for?" Mark let out surprised as Vicky has never really hit him before. "There was a bug on your shoulder." Vicky lied as she smiled sweetly at him. "That's a lie." Mark narrowed his eyes at her, but continued to rubbed the sore spot. Vicky grinned at him once more before returning her attention back on the study session. "Let's move on to something else."

She then went through her papers and found a few worksheets. "Ah, let's do conversations." By now the pain went away and Mark agreed, although he shifted away from Vicky not wanting to be hit randomly like before. "Why do you wanna study on everything all at once, anyways?" Mark asked Vicky who didn't notice his action as she turned to look at him. "Because I wanna get everything done and over with. Why do you always insist on working and studying with me when practially the whole class wants to work with you instead?" She countered as Mark cast her a grin. "Because you actually do your work and don't oogle at me." "Yeah, I wonder why they do that." She sarcastically said as she rolled her eyes. "Because I'm good looking." He wriggled his eyebrows. "Ha, I didn't take you as a vain person." "I'm not. That's what they all think anyways." "And again, I wonder why."

"Because I'm an idol, in an idol group, famous, and all that." Mark simply replied. "Too bad they can't just treat you normally though." Vicky gave him a sympathetic look. "Like you?" "I guess. Anyways, let's start." Vicky began first while facing him as she asked when was his birthday. "Nǐ de shēng rì shì jǐ yuè jǐ hào?" "Wǒ de shēng rì shì jiǔ yuè sì hào. Nǐ de nē?" He asked her back. "Wǒ de shēng rì yê shì zài jiǔ yuè." "Zhēn de ma?" Mark let out surprised as he learned that Vicky's birthday was also in September. "Shì de." She smiled at him as she revealed the date of her birthday. "Shì jiǔ yuè shí liù rì." "Nǐ jīn nián jǐ suì?" He then asked to know her age. "Mì mì." Vicky replied with her index finger near her lips in a 'shh' motion while Mark just rolled his eyes with a chuckle. "Hǎo ba. Hǎo ba." "Wǒ jīn nián èr shí qī suì." Vicky told him her age anyways with an indifferent shrug.

"What? Really? You look way younger." Mark then spoke in English. "Seriously? You're not lying, right?" "No I'm not lying and I get that reaction a lot actually." Vicky laughed as she, too, spoke in English. "But nope, I'm turning twenty-seven years old this year. Or well, twenty-eight in Korea's age thingy." Mark shook his head still not believing it. "Twenty-seven? Wow." "Yeah." "I thought you were like twenty-four or something." "No, that's my sister." "Wait, Natalie's twenty-four?" "Yeah in like two months after me. Why?" "I thought she was my age or a year younger." "Why do you think that?" "Because she's younger than you and I thought you were twenty-four." Mark let out with a sheepish laugh. "Doesn't that make sense?" Vicky laughed nodding her head. "Yeah, it does. It's just funny." "How?" "It just does." "That makes no sense whatsoever, Vicky." "My sense makes none, Mark." Vicky flashed him a smile. Mark was about to say something, but Vicky interrupted him.

"Now, back to Chinese lessons." Vicky shook her papers at him. "Stop speaking in English, Mark." "Wǒ xǐ huān shuō yīng yǔ." Mark countered as he told her he liked to speak English in Mandarin. "Bù xíng, Yí Ēn tóng xué. Bù xíng." Vicky waved her finger at him in a playful scolding manner. "Shì de. Shì de!" Mark childishly answered back as he pushed her finger away from him. "Shì de, Wěi Qí tóng xué. Shì de!" "Cincai." Vicky answered in Rojak as Mark gave her a weird look as he spoke in English again. "What does that mean?" "Molla." She answered in Korean while shrugging her shoulders and giving Mark an indifferent look. "You're so not nice." "I am nice. You just think differently." Mark shot her a judging look as he shook his head. "You're so weird." "Glad to know." She smiled and then cast him a semi-serious expression. "Now will you leave me alone?"

Mark then gave her a big grin. "No." Vicky let out a defeated sigh. "At least I tried. Again." "You're not getting rid of me that easily, Vicky." Mark ruffled her hair playfully as Vicky moved out from under his touch and smacked his hands away. "Whoa. Whoa. We're not that close, bro. You can't be doing that. I'm not one of your nieces, Mark. Or your group members." Vicky fixed her hair again. "Only I can mess up my own hair, okay?" After she was done fixing it, Mark messed it up again. "Nah, it's fun this way." Vicky smacked his hand away again and slightly fixed her hair again. "Stupid shiet." She muttered under her breath as she tied her in hair into a ponytail, but Mark had heard her and let out a chuckle. "Ha, you and Natalie are the same." Vicky shot him a weird look. "How so?" "The way you guys act and say stuff sometimes." "Like?" Mark didn't continued as he cast her one of his cheeky smiles while Vicky frowned. "Lil bish."

Mark laughed again as he focused back on his class notes and then shoved everything away from him. "Let's take a break." "You just want to play with my Nintendo 64, huh?" Vicky shot him a suspicious look. "You have a Nintendo 64?" Mark let out shock with wide eyes. "Really?" "Oh... you weren't aware... um no. I don't have a Nintendo 64." Vicky lied. "You can't lie now, Vicky, now that you gave yourself away already." "Fine. Whatever. I only have like four games though." "Which are?" Mark motioned for Vicky to continue as she listed the games she had for the console. "Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Zelda the Ocarina of Time, and Pokemon Stadium." "Let's play Mario Kart." "No. We should be studying." "We will. Just a mini break. Promise. Besides, we've been at it for like three hours." "It's only been less than an hour." "Same difference. C'mon, take a break. You need to rest the brain every now and then." Vicky gave in. "Fine."

~~~~~~~

The pair eventually played on the Nintendo 64 as well as on Vicky's playstation 2, when Mark noticed the other system when he switched Mario Kart with Pokemon Stadium, for about two hours or so. Mark won majority of the time. "Yeah! I win again!" Mark gloated as he did a mini victory dance as Vicky tossed her playstation remote onto her sofa and rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah, you won. You got great skills, Sir Lameness." She complimented him sarcastically. "I'm done." Vicky then headed towards her kitchen as Mark finally realized what she had called him. "Did you just call me lame?" He heard her laugh and took that as confirmation. "That shouldn't be anything new."

He then heard Vicky asked him something. "Do you want anything to drink or eat or something?" "Pink lemonade." He answered her. "I actually ran out of it. Naly took the last one yesterday." "Um, how about Arizona tea?" "Which one?" "Whichever one you got." "OK." "Thanks!" "You're not welcome." "Thanks anyways!" He thanked again laughing knowing she was shaking her head with a smile. Just then Vicky's door buzzed. "Can you answer that?" Vicky called out from the kitchen. "Maybe." "Just answer the door, Sir Lameness." "If you ask nicely, Miss Sarcastic." "Please, Sir Lameness, may you answer the door?" "I guess so." Mark complied with a laugh as he walked towards the door and looked through the peephole and saw three familiar faces and decided to have some fun with them.

"Nuguseyo?" Mark asked in a high-pitched voice while keeping his laughter in check. "Um... is Wiki noona home?" He heard Youngjae asked. "Nugu?" He continued to mess with them. "I think you have the wrong apartment number." "No. This is room five-oh-two. Wiki noona lives here." Yugyeom responded this time. There was a moment of silence and Mark was about to speak again, but was stopped from doing so. "Mark hyung is that you?" Junior called him out already figuring it out. "An-ani-aniyo." Mark let out surprised that he already got found out, but tried to continue the prank anyways. "Nuguseyo? Who is this Mark oppa? I don't know a Mark oppa. I'm sorry. Please try the room next door." "Mark hyung! Open the door!" Youngjae begged as he started knocking on the door a bit frantically.

Before Mark could respond back, Vicky appeared with a bottle of raspberry Arizona iced tea and gave it to Mark as she pushed him away and spoke in English. "What are you doing?" Mark cast her a cheeky smile as he finished taking a sip from his bottle. "Just having fun." "Why?" "Because three more people are about to join our party." "We're not having a party though." Vicky gave Mark a weird look. "The other party. You know, a group of people." "Oh that party." "Wiki noona?" The pair heard the other three GOT7 members call out. "I just can't escape you guys. Not even for a week." Vicky let out a bit annoyed as Mark just looked at her amused. "This is your life, Vicky. Accept it." Vicky shot him a dark look before she controlled herself as she opened the door. "Annyeong." She greeted Junior, Youngjae, and Yugyeom in Korean with a smile. "How may I help you?" "Help us with our English." The trio responded in English with bright smiles. "Come again?"

~~~~~~~

"What is your favorite food?" Vicky asked her students as she wrote the phrase onto her white board.

Please log in to read the full chapter