Introductions and Teasings

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Natalie was sitting at the table with her friends at Taegukgi as the quintet waited for the arrival of the boys of Konkuk University. While the other four girls were gossiping about whatever they were talking about, Natalie was instead playing a game on her mobile. "Freaking, Odus, c'mon!" Natalie whined in English as the owl from the Dreamworld level in the Candy Crush Saga game fell off his moon scale again for the nth time. Sure this game was old, but she really had nothing else to do since she didn't like talking that much. It depended on her moods and the situation at hand. Natalie opted playing games on her phone when she wasn't going through her social media networks.

"Why do you keep doing this to me, Odus?" Natalie continued to scold the virtual bird in English. "Stupid little bird." She went on as she suddenly felt someone elbowed her and she gave whoever did it a dark look. "What?" Haeryong motioned with her chin to look ahead of her. "They're here." Natalie turned her gaze to look in front of her and saw that the guys of Kondae were standing there looking at her. "Oh, hi." Natalie weakly smiled at them while giving them a small wave with her free hand as the boys returned it with bigger smiles except for one who had a face mask and she couldn't see his expression clearly. Maybe he's sick, Natalie thought.

"Yay, we're all here now!" Seolbi exclaimed as she stood up. "Please, sit, sit." She indicated for the boys to sit across from the girls. "Sorry we made you girls wait." Jaehoon apologized on behalf of him and his friends as they sat down and Seolbi did the same thing. "Oh, no, no, the wait is worth it." Dasol smiled at them. "We've been anticipating for your arrival actually." "I'm glad our arrival has made you ladies anticipate us." Taesuk commented as he shot her a friendly smile. Daeil then spoke up. "Um, how about we introduced ourselves and say what departments we are in?" "Great idea!" Seolbi agreed. "So who wants to go first?"

Haeryong stood up and introduced herself first like the active person she is. "I'm Jung Haeryong and I'm in the Aesthetics Department. I'm in my third year at Seouldae." She sat down and Dasol sprang up right after. "Hello. I'm Park Dasol. I'm in my second year at Seouldae and I'm in the Dental Science Department." She smiled at everyone brightly before taking her seat. Seolbi went next with a bright smile of her own. "Hi. Ahem, I'm Lee Seolbi and I'm in my fourth year at Seouldae. I'm the second oldest out of the bunch and Napi-yah is the eldest."

She pointed at Natalie as Natalie just rolled her eyes at her behavior in good-nature. Seolbi continued. "I'm a part of the Family & Child Studies Department." Seolbi sat back down and then no one else stood up after her. Natalie was actually distracted by her mobile again and Seolbi then nudged Yerin who was sitting beside her to go next. The younger girl stood up shyly and bowed her head and spoke softly. "Hello everyone. I'm Jung Yerin. I'm in my first year of Seouldae and I'm in the Music Department. Please treat me well." She sat back down in a princess-like way. Well, that's how Natalie perceived it to be like so since the day they met.

Then everyone's attention turned to Natalie who had her attention back on Odus who then fell off his scale once again. Haeryong had to nudge Natalie again. "Hmm?" Natalie let out as she looked at Haeryong. "Your turn." Haeryong whispered to her, and Natalie put her phone away and looked at the faces that were staring at her now. Natalie hated having to do such things, but she forced herself to introduce herself to the group of guys. Natalie stood up and bowed her head slightly before speaking. "Hello, I'm Chae Napi and I'm in my second year at Seouldae, and yes I'm the oldest out of the rest. I'm in the Business Department at Seoul National Unversity." She bowed her head again and sat back down after giving the boys a look that she hoped seemed friendly. I wonder why I still come out to these. She thought now realizing she wasn't much of a social person.

All the boys clapped after the girls had introduced themselves in a cheerful manner and thanked them for their introduction before going one by one to introduce themselves. "Hello! I'm Nam Jaehoon and I'm in the Department of Physical Education at Kondae and it's my fourth year there." Jaehoon flashed them all a smile before sitting down again. He nudged the person next to him and Chulsoo soon stood up right after. "Hi, ladies. I'm Lee Chulsoo. I'm also in my fourth year at Konkuk University. I'm in the Department of Music." Chulsoo did the same thing to the next person as he sat back down. "Hello everyone. I'm Byeon Daeil. I'm in my second year of Kondae and I'm also in the Physical Education Department with Jaehoon hyung." Daeil smiled sweetly before sitting down.

JB was next to stand up, yet he twisted his little information about himself a bit. "Hello, I'm Seol Jeffrey. I'm sorry for the face mask. I'm a little unwell and is the reason on why I have this on right now. Um, anyhow, I'm in my third year at KU and I'm, too, in the Music Department as well as the Department of Film." JB quickly sat down after introducing himself, and Natalie stared at him for a little bit as the way he introduced himself triggered something in her head and the way he was dressed seemed off compare to his friends, yet she lost the thought when Haeryong nudged her while wriggling her eyebrows up and down at her. Natalie just shook her head and turned her attention onto the last person. Taesuk was the last to introduce himself. "Hi all, I'm Ryu Taesuk and I'm in the Department of Design at Kondae and this will be my second year at the university."

The girls soon clapped after the boys introduced themselves and thanked them for their introduction. As for the seating arrangement, it went like this. Natalie was across from Taesuk, Haeryong was across from JB, Dasol was across from Daeil, Yerin was across from Chulsoo, and Seolbi was across from Jaehoon. Although it was like that, the table was still able to make them all interact with one another. "Have you guys already order?" Chulsoo asked the girls as they shook their heads. "We were waiting for you all before ordering." Yerin answered softly.

"Sorry about that." Jaehoon apologized once more. "How about we start with something to drink, yes?" Jaehoon then called for a waiter. "Hello." The waiter greeted them once he arrived at their table. "My name is Youngtae and I'll be your server tonight. What can I get going for you?" Jaehoon started the order off with a medium bottle of blue raspberry soju for everyone. Natalie then went ahead and order herself dessert while the waiter was there. "Always the first one to eat." Dasol as Natalie stuck her tongue out at her playfully. "Of course. I haven't eaten since this morning and I really want to try the green tea macaron ice cream."

"Are we all doing the all you can eat tonight, too?" Youngtae asked as he looked from one face to the next. "Yes." Jaehoon answered. "We'll all be doing the dinner special. Taegukgi Tuesday." The waiter nodded his head as he wrote it down on his notepad. "So I have a bottle of blue raspberry soju. One green tea macaron ice cream, and one order of the Taegukgi Tuesday. Yes?" "Yes." Everyone responded. "May I see all of your IDs, please?" Youngtae then went around to each person as he inspected each person's identification card. "Alright, thank you. I'll be back with your order shortly." "Thank you." They thanked Youngtae as he took the menu and walked away.

Everyone casually mingled with one another, but Natalie stayed quiet. This was just how she was. When she hung out with her Seouldae friends, she usually just sat there and listen to them converse. It's not that she was an unfriendly person, she was just a quiet person that kept to herself. Then again, it would depend on the people and how she behaved. Natalie got bored with Odus that she decided to play another game similar to it instead. Diamond Digger Saga. As she was focused soley on her phone, she didn't noticed that Taesuk was trying to get her attention. "Napi-yang, right?" She heard a deep voice called for her. "Hmm?" Natalie looked up. "Ah, yes."

She smiled at him sheepishly as she put away her phone and looked over at him. "Taesuk-goon, yes?" "Yes." He bowed his head towards her with that same friendly smile from earlier. "Your name is uncommon. It's the first time I've heard it before." "Ah, yes. It's Hanja based off of my nickname that my family calls me that my sister helped me come up with." "Your nickname? Your sister helped you with your Korean name?" Taesuk asked intrigued. "You're not from here?" Natalie shook her head with a smile. "Ah, no. I'm from the states. If you haven't notice, my Korean pronunciation isn't that great and a bit choppy from time to time."

Taesuk let out a soft chuckle. "Oh, no, no. Your pronunciation is quite good. Actually better than Chulsoo hyung at times." "Did I hear my name, Taesuk-ah?" Chulsoo asked turning to look at his underclassman. "No." Taesuk denied as he flashed Natalie a mischievous look. Natalie then saw how handsome he was when he smiled and she loved the fact that he had dimples. Gosh, she was a er for dimples, but sometimes it varied from time to time. And the person, too. Natalie smiled at him. "So, are you from Seoul then?" "Oh, no. I'm from Jeju Island." Natalie's eyes widened when he said that. "Wow, really? I haven't had the chance to visit Jeju Island, yet!" "Maybe I can show you around when it

Please log in to read the full chapter