Them Kinder Basics

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the time ticked down to the start of class, Vicky smiled and greeted each student that walked through the door while having them write on a sign-in sheet to keep track of who was who and who attended each class. When everyone was there, Vicky saw that she had four females and six males in her class and was happy to notice that they also ranged in different ages as well. This will be fun. Vicky thought to herself with a smile as she stood near her desk. "Hello." She greeted the class in English. "My name is Miss Wiki and welcome to Basic Beginner's English 101."

Vicky heard all of her students replied with their own 'hellos' in English and smiled at them once again. She then switched to Korean to explain how her class work and talk about other important things for their better understanding. "This class meets once a week, and it is slightly longer than a normal class, but I promise you that time will fly by and you won't even notice how long this class really is." She smiled at them once again before continuing. "My class doesn't have a required textbook. From what you will be learning from are all worksheets that I have prepared ahead of time from both online and textbook resources. These will be given to you from time to time throughout the semester to work on."

Vicky paused to let the information sink in before starting again. "My main goal is to make sure you all get the gist of the English language and converse freely. My goal is teaching you English and for you to complete this course so that you'll have confidence in yourself so that you can speak, write, read, think, and understand confidently. I'm not here to make you an ace, which is all on you. My job is to guide you along your way and cheer you on from the sidelines." Vicky chuckled. "I will try my best to you teach you all and I hope that you all will pass with flying colors. Now, I will pass out the syllabus for this class."

Vicky then started passing out the syllabus to each student individually and gave them all a small smile while doing so. Even when she approached the K-POP idols, she gave them the same smile she gave everyone else and continued on her way. Vicky already knew introducing them as idols and telling the class to treat them normally, was just asking to notice that they are celebrities and the likes. It both side awkward in how to go about treating one another and the likes. Vicky didn't want that and it's why Vicky didn't acknowledged them as idols and just as regular people. Vicky was already prepared to treat them like her other students.

After Vicky walked away from them, the three idols whispered amongst one another. "I thought she would have fangirl over us." Youngjae remarked as he took another glance in Vicky's direction. "She doesn't seem that old to be a fan of ours. Look," Youngjae discreetly pointed out. "She even has red hair." "Shh." Junior shushed him. "Don't be so loud and obvious!" "Maybe she's just being professional unlike you, Youngjae hyung." Yugyeom teased while sticking his tongue out at the older boy. "We're in class, don't be disrespectful to the nice teacher." Junior reminded them.

Before Youngjae could get back at the younger boy, Vicky began speaking again once she was done giving out the syllabus and walked back to the front of the class and went over the pages one by one in good pacing. "As you can see, it is in Korean and English for your initial understanding. I hope during the semester, you all will be able to read this with ease in English, and can confidently read it to me as extra credit." Vicky giggled before going back to the syllabus.

"My rules aren't complex and is quite simple. One, attend each class, if possible. Two, be on time, if possible. Three, always have your materials with you. Four, participate as much as possible. Five, don't be afraid to ask a question. Six, if confuse, please speak up. Seven, no electronics during class time unless otherwise stated. Eight, snacks are allowed, if everyone can share and eat it. Nine, always greet your fellow classmates when class starts and bid them farewell after class ends. And last but not least, number ten, just have fun."

After reading her rules, Vicky told them to flip to the next pages. "This is the outline for the semester. As you can see, I have marked what we will be doing for each class day and what is due and when it's due." Vicky stated. "If you forget what we did, you can always refer to this and know where we are for each class day. But, if you're unsure, you can always contact me at my e-mail that is on the top right corner on the first page." Vicky indicated as she showed them where she put her e-mail before going back to where she left off. "Now, on to the last page." Vicky flipped to the final page. "This is the alphabet in the English language. Trace these to help you form the letters as you will be writing and memorizing this a lot."

She flipped the syllabus back to the first page and smiled at them once more. "Alright, that's that. Any questions?" A young man raised his hand. "Yes?" Vicky looked at him. "Will we need English names?" "I would suggest going with one as it'll be easier for this course. The plus side is that it is fun coming up with a name that you can only use for this class like an alter ego." Vicky smiled at him. "Anymore? Yes." Vicky pointed to a middle aged woman who raised her arm. "What if we don't know any English names?" "Then I can suggest some to you and see which one you like, or help you relate it to your actual name." Vicky answered readily. "Anything else? None? Okay, let's move on."

Vicky then walked back to her desk and grabbed the construction papers and scissors and held them up for her students to see. "You will use these colorful papers to cut out letters and glue it onto another piece of paper for everyone to see." Vicky explained. "But first, let's create a big table where everyone is facing one another like a big group." With that being said, Vicky had instructed her students to pull the table together and formed a cube where four tables were against one another and five students were facing the other five students. "Awesome." Vicky let out in English. "Good job, everyone."

"Before we start the construction paper, I have an activity that will help you know your classmates more." Vicky remember as she rummaged through her folders to pull out the activity. "Alright, in each box you have to find someone that relates to it. Whoever fills out the paper first with each box signed will get a small reward. The only tough part is that the word is written in English. You will have to figure out what represents that English word to you and how to get your classmate to sign in the box."

Vicky looked at her students as all their focus were on her. "I have already filled out one of the boxes for each of you. Here." Vicky showed them where it read 'teacher'. "See. I am a teacher for you all, and so why I put my signature here. Okay, everyone ready?" Vicky looked at them a bit playfully as she knew this would be tough, but might as well throw it at them to see them scrabbling to fill out the paper for that small reward and hopefully to be on good terms with their fellow classmates.

The prize was a piece of chocolate bar with a pass that she made specifically for her class to excuse them for another day to turn in their homework and the likes. "You can speak to one another in Korean since it's the first day, so have fun." Vicky reminded them as she handed out the activity. "You can't have the same signature for each box. There has to be at least one signature of everyone in this class on that paper. Alright?" She saw her students nodded their head. "If you see one that relates to you, you too can put your own signature in that box. Okay. You have at least fifteen minutes to complete this activity. Remember, whoever completes it within fifteen minutes gets that little prize! Go!" Vicky exclaimed once every student got a piece paper and she all saw them race to each other to complete the activity.

"I'm going to win!" Youngjae exclaimed as he looked at one of the boxes so he could put his own name on it. "I want that reward even though I don't know what it is!" "I'm way better at English than you, hyung! Mark hyung taught me a lot whenever I get to visit L.A." Yugyeom boasted as he, too, scanned the boxes to sign his name in one of them. Junior scoffed at the childishness of s as he began to fill out majority of the boxes with his own name secretly wanting to beat out the younger ones. Junior had already counted how many boxes there were and he remembered that the teacher said he needed at least one name from each student on the paper. So he made it easier for himself to do just that. Junior smiled at how proud he was of himself.

The younger members peered over to look at his sheet. "What, hyung, you're cheating?!" Yugyeom accused him. "No, I'm not. The teacher said at least one name for each box. I'm just filling out the other boxes." Junior explained. "Like 'smile'. I have a great smile." He flashed the younger ones his usual smile. "And 'mother', because I'm the mother of the group for GOT7." "Whaa... Jinyoung hyung is smart." Youngjae let out impressed. "For once." Yugyeom muttered with a snort as he laughed at his own joke. Junior cast a dark look in Yugyeom's direction. Before he could say anything, Vicky spoke up. "Two minutes have passed. You have thirteen minutes left."

"What, no... I barely have three boxes filled out!" Youngjae exclaimed. "Guys, sign one." Youngjae shoved his paper at both of s. "Please." He pleaded in English. "No." Yugyeom answered in English with a smirk. "Bye." He then started going around to ask the others to sign his papers. "So mean." Youngjae let out in English. A recent phrase he picked up from Jackson. "Jinyoung hyung? What about you?" Junior turned to smile at him. "Fine. One." "Yes!" Junior looked at Youngjae's paper and signed in the box for 'friend'. "There. Bye bye." And Junior went about asking the others leaving Youngjae by himself to tackle the issue on his own.

Yugyeom walked up to the middle aged woman from earlier. "Ahh, ahjumma-ssi." The woman turned around and smiled at him in a motherly way. "Yes?" "Um," Yugyeom scanned his paper to find a word that would suit the woman and instantly found one. "Girl." The woman nodded her head and signed her name on his paper. She did the same, but with the word 'star'. "You know me?" Yugyeom asked her. "Yes, my younger sister is a fan of yours." The lady replied with a smile. "Oh, thank you." Yugyeom let out a happy smile as he wrote is name in the 'star' box. "No, thank you." The lady thanked him as she patted his head gently before walking away.

"What was that?" Youngjae asked as he appeared beside Yugyeom. "Whaa, hyung, don't do that." Yugyeom glared at Youngjae who cast him a smile. "So what was that?" Youngjae asked again. "She knows me because her sister is an IGOT7." Yugyeom informed him. "Ha, I'm more famous than you." "No, you're not. I'm more famous." Youngjae countered. "I am famous, too." Youngjae convinced himself. He then heard the teacher said there were eight more minutes left. "Ahh, why do I keep distracting myself?!" Youngjae cried softly before walking away to speak with another fellow classmate. Yugyeom just rolled his eyes as he continued to do the same.

Just as time was ticking down to the last second someone yelled out happily that they completed the activity. Youngjae groaned as Junior and Yugyeom laughed at him. Vicky clapped her hands together to get the attention of her students. "Yay! So we have a winner. Here is your reward!" Vicky then brought out the chocolate bar and a small purple paper. "Yeah, it's a simple reward, but still a reward nevertheless." Vicky told the older male student as she handed him both items. "Use them wisely."

"The purple paper is a free pass for you to use specifically for this class." Vicky began to explain. "Either for a late homework turn in, being absent, or for extra credit. Either way, it'll benefit you a bit." She smiled at them. "It also has my signature and a random sticker on it. That means its official and not a copy." Vicky chuckle. "So no cheating in creating these. Alright," Vicky got back on track. "Now that that activity is done, let's have the winner start first in introducing another student in which box they filled out and the reason on why they signed in that box." She explained. "Please introduce the classmate to your left.

Please log in to read the full chapter