Birthday Wishes

Like Oh [check last chapter for revamped]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Vicky woke to the ringing of her phone going off with Carson's voice speaking in Russian as the ringtone. She groaned while trying to locate her phone above her head with her eyes still close and ended up hitting something furry instead. Marshmallow yowled at being randomly attacked and Vicky instantly sat up with widened eyes upon hearing her. "Sorry, Marsh." Vicky apologized to the feline as the Van cat maneuvered its way to the foot of her bed and settled its body there. Remembering why she was woken up in the first place, Vicky tried to locate her phone and was unable to find it just as it stopped ringing. So she gave up, lied back down, and went back to sleep. Her slumber was soon interrupted once again by Carson's voice several seconds later.

"Gah, what does he want?" Vicky grunted in frustration as she turned over on to her belly to locate her phone better and in the process she accidentally kicked Marshmallow. The cat yowled once again for being disturbed by her owner and Vicky looked over at her. "Haha, sorry, Marsh Marsh." Vicky apologized once again, but Marshmallow hissed in reply while making a swiping motion with her paw before leaping off of the bed and settling itself onto Mocaccino's bed. "You're lucky Moca's at Chloe's, Marshy." The cat ignored her as Vicky turned to face where she assumed her phone may be at whatever time it was. Upon locating it, she pressed a button to silence the call and smirked. "OK, he should get the hint now."

Vicky then glanced over at where Marshmallow slept. "And I can live another day without scratch marks for this week." She then let out a chuckle at her next words. "Or maybe not." And with that, Vicky tossed her phone off to the side somewhere, lied back on to her side, and went back to snuggling against her plush dolls beneath the covers. It was short-lived when she heard her friend's voice once again speaking in Russian to which she knew she would still never get used to. ~Hello, my name is Carson~ Vicky's phone rang a third time in less than three minutes. She opened her eyes, made a face, let out a sigh, sat up, rubbed her face, reached somewhere to the right of her for her mobile, stared at it for a few seconds while trying to adjust to the light, and finally answered the call in a tired tone. "Hmm?"

"OMG, finally! About time, Vicky!" Carson answered in a too cheery of a tone for someone being awake at whatever time it was. Vicky glanced at her phone. Fckn three in the morning. Dammit, Carson. "Uh huh. Yeah, sure, whatever. It's like three in the morning, Carson. What do you want?" "I know it's three and are you dressed?" "This bish. Anyways, define dressed as I'm still in shorts and a tank." "You forgot, didn't you?" Now Vicky was wide awake. "About what?" "Do you even know what today is?" She heard him asked in an amused yet shocked tone. "Yeah, of course. My day off." She answered him as she lied back down. "What do you want?" "Meet me down at your lobby in twenty with Marshmallow and Mocaccino." "No." "C'mon, Vicky." "Why?" "Just do it." "No." "I'll have your macarons ready for you by then." "It's too early for this shiet, Carson."

Vicky could hear him let out a frustrated sigh and she smiled. "Vicky," Carson said firmly, "I'm just going along with your birthday wish, so would you please get ready." "I have a lot of birthday wishes, Carson, but no." "Hey, you're the one that told me to do this so we can hang out more before I debut next month." "When?" Vicky asked as she sat back up while Carson answered Vicky in an obvious-like tone. "Like a week or two ago." "I don't remember." "Of course you don't, Dory." "If I'm Dory, then you're Nemo's dad." "At least I'm not the one with the short attention span." "True that. Oh, and Mochie is with Clo. I don't have her. Just Marshy." "Still okay. Marshmallow is fine. Anyways, I'll be there in twenty." And with that Carson hung up and Vicky scrunched up her face and tossed the phone to the side. "Rude. I didn't even agreed." She then looked over at the sleeping feline. "Well Marshmallow, wakey wakey, little pancakey."

~~~~~~~

"So, did you like it?" Carson asked Vicky once he, she, and their cats left the pet cafe. The place was called, Amoretto, and it was a friendly pet cafe that was only opened from eleven at night until six in the morning. It was where Carson took Vicky to celebrate her twenty-seventh birthday to which he for forgetting about when she was the one that wanted to go there. "Yes! I need to order more macarons from here next time! And I can't believe I forgot about my own birthday though." Vicky said to him as the two casually walked down the sidewalk at around six in the morning with Norae and Marshmallow on leashes. "Sheesh, I am totally forgetful. That's kinda sad." "Or you're just getting hella old." Carson smirked as Vicky elbowed him. "Aren't you supposed to tell me that I'm not getting old?" "Yeah, right. You hate that kinda stuff anyways." "Oh yeah, haha." "Dory." Carson shook his head with a laugh as Vicky elbowed him again. "Whatever, Marlin. So where to next?"

"Well, there's nothing else." Carson let out a bit sheepishly. "I didn't think beyond the pet cafe since I figured you may wanna go back to sleep and I have practice later today." Vicky stared at him. "What time?" "At ten." "Ugh, why didn't you say so earlier? You haven't slept have you?" "I did, but it was a short sleep." Vicky then linked their arms together and turned them the other way. "Off to Love Jewel so you can get some sleep in. I don't want to be the reason why you couldn't function for practices later today." She then glared at him. "And I don't need Jin on my case as you know how he is when it comes to practices." "But, Vicky, it's your birthday." "To which I will still have next year, Carson, and we can always hangout more without it being a special occasion." "But I'll be a celebrity by then." Carson tried to reasoned, but Vicky shook her head. "It's okay. True friends still keep in contact despite loads of time apart. That's true friendship there." She then tugged him along urgently. "Now let's get you to bed."

Vicky returned home almost two hours later after hanging out with the other LOVESTAR family once they learned it was Vicky's birthday as Carson's big mouth couldn't handled itself. Although she mainly hung out, more like was forced to stay, with Kinetic Flow as the two asked for Vicky's opinion on their music as she did tell them that it was one of her wishes to sit in on them making music one day. The boys remembered, but had a bit of their own fun while doing so before letting her go after like analyzing ten songs. Too tired to let Marshmallow off of her leash, Vicky let the feline roamed around the apartment with it on. "Sorry, Marsh. I know you'll live." Just as she crashed onto her bed with a relieve sigh, her phone went off two seconds later. She groaned for a few seconds before answering it in a hopefully pleasant-like tone. "Hello?"

"Yo, yo, yo! How's my Cherry Blossom Blizzard? Happy birthday, girlie!!" Chloe wished her happily on the other line with one of their really old childhood nicknames. "How does it feel being twenty-one for the sixth time this year?" "Tiring, Black Cherry." Vicky chuckled tiredly as she also used a childhood nickname as well while she turned over onto her back and re-positioning herself better on her bed. "Although it would be my seventh time this year as due to the whole Korean age thingy." "Ah, yeah. I forget about those things." "You're half-Korean, Chloe. How could you forget?" "OK, Dory. I'm not as bad as you." Vicky made a face to which Chloe couldn't see. "You hang around Carson too much." "Yeah of course." Vicky could hear the laughter in her voice. "Where else will I get my entertainment since James and the boys aren't around." "You love my misery since after elementary school." "Duh, since you always did it to me." "True dat. True dat."

"Anyways, speaking of the boys, Yongin gets a little jealous every time I mention them when I talk about my past." Chloe chuckled before continuing. "He still doesn't like the idea that I'm friends with a soon-to-debut idol, either." "Well, Yongin has nothing to worry about since you have always been dedicated to the one you were currently with." "Well, hopefully he'll realize that soon enough because we're getting married soon." Vicky sat up in her bed surprised by the news. "Married?! When did you guys get engage, Clo?! Why haven't you told me anything?!" It was silent on the other end for a few seconds as Chloe realized she let it slipped out. "Calm down, girl. It slipped." "I'm calmed down." Vicky told her as she lied back down. "OK, go. Wait, let me get comfortable." "Typical you." Vicky could see Chloe rolling her eyes with a wry smile. "Yeah, of course, now go." "Well, here's the truth. Yongin actually proposed to me two years ago and-"

Vicky interrupted her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Two years ago? Seriously, two, TWO, years ago and you didn't mention it until now?" Vicky could see her friend rolling her eyes with a smile. "We wanted it to be a secret until we were both ready. The proposal was just our thing, y'know?" "But, Clo, it's been two years since the proposal and usually the wedding-" Vicky then interrupted herself. "Please don't tell me the wedding is like in a few months?" Chloe laughed enjoying Vicky's reactions. "Actually, it is." "Well damn, Chloe Ahn Ryan. Why didn't you say anything?" "Because honestly, Vicky, you're the only one I really have left that's like family to me, besides the boys, but still you have been with me through thick and thin and since we were in the fourth grade." Chloe admitted in a soft voice as Vicky realized that that was true and felt sad about that. "Chloe..." Vicky trailed off not sure what else to say.

"No, it's okay, Vicky." Chloe told her as Vicky could hear her friend slightly sniffling even though she was trying to hide it. "Yongin has like you know this awesome family and I don't really have anyone to share this news with. Well technically I do, but you know that story. Anyways, he says he's trying to be understandable, but I know him. Family means a lot to him, and I do too, but it's hard when I really only had just my mom and now she's not even here anymore." Vicky tried to soothed Chloe over the phone. "Shh, it's okay, Chloe. I get you and I'm here." She then paused to give Chloe a few seconds before speaking again. "You do remember the reason on why you left all those years ago was to be here closer with your mom after she died, right?" "Yeah." "She's still here, Clo. I'm here. Heck, you can even count on Naly and Jenny to be around if you need us since Carson's debuting and James and them are still back in the states, but if you tell them, I'm sure they'll definitely come for the wedding and support you." Chloe let out a laugh hearing those words. "Thanks, Vicky."

"Of course. We're friends, right?" Vicky smiled lying back down. "So, when is the wedding?" "In December." "Because both of your birthdays are in December, huh?" "Bingo." "I know there will be a Korean traditional wedding. Are you going to do a modern one, too?" "Yes, although the traditional one will just be strictly family only. Yongin says he'll get his family to make an exception for me to invite my close, close friends since I don't really have any next of kin, per se." "Good, because I wanna see how a traditional one is like, anyways." "Do you think you can help me convince the others to come, too?" "The more the merrier, yes." "Thanks, V. Anyways, the modern one is gonna be family, friends, and others so that should be okay." "Of course. Do you have a set date yet?" "It's a Saturday on the tenth. Kinda between both our birthdays." "I see. OK. Well, I'm definitely marking my calendar for that one." "So that you don't forget, right?" "Psh, what, no. So that I can plan, duh." Vicky paused and chuckled. "But yeah, so I don't forget."

"That is so you." Chloe laughed over the phone before quieting down. "Anyways, the modern one will be later, but at least now you know. Sorry it's on such short notice, but Yongin and I really just wanna make this small as possible and just invite close ones we definitely want to celebrate and share it with." Vicky could see her friend wiping a few happy tears away. "I'll send you the wedding invitations soon when I can get a definite confirmation and permission as well." "Haha, yes, please do. I would totally love to go and see my bestie get married for that special day and moment of her life!" "I know. I can't believe it either." Chloe let out in a soft tone. "Sorry that it had to be kind of a bomb on your birthday though." "Psh, whatever." Vicky dismissed with a wave of her hand although Chloe couldn't see it. "At least my wish for your happiness is going to be fulfilled." "Ah, yeah, I remember that wish. You told me that when I first left and came here." "Mmhmm."

"Thanks a lot for always being there, Cherry Blossom Blizzard." Chloe thanked Vicky over the phone as Vicky smiled. "Likewise, and you're always welcome, Black Cherry." Vicky yawned and Chloe decided to let her go. "Alright, friend, I'll let you go so you can get some more sleep. Happy birthday once again,Vicky, and sorry I can't physically be there to celebrate it with you, but I know there are many other days we can chill. And I'll give you more details later about the wedding plans and such. Talk to you whenever, V. Bye bye, chica." "Bye, Clo, talk to you later, too, chica." With that, their called ended and Vicky let out a long breath and stared up at her ceiling. "What do you wear to a traditional wedding anyways if you're not family, family?" Running a hand through her hair, Vicky dismissed the subject, rolled over on to her side, and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~

"VICKY! VICKY! VICKAY!!!" Vicky heard her name being called within her dreams and knew that her sister had just arrived. "Wake up. Happy birthday, Ky-chan!" Natalie then started to bother her sister with a playful look as Vicky let out a silent sigh. Yup. She's here. Vicky thought as she turned over to stare at her sister while Jenny just watched the sisters amusingly from the doorway. "Happy birthday, Vicky." Jenny wished her as Vicky nodded her head as she tried to go back to sleep. "Why are you still sleeping?" Natalie asked once she was done messing with Vicky for a few seconds longer and sat on her bed. "I went back to sleep like," Vicky located her phone and checked the time, "Four hours ago." "The hell? Why? What you be doing at eight in the morning?" "Carson took me to the pet cafe hella early this morning." "Oh, is that what that was on your snapchat at three in the morning?" Jenny asked as she, too, sat on Vicky's bed.

"Yup. Amoretto. It's real nice. It's not that far if you take the metro. It's worth it though. We definitely got to check it out if we decide to go there." Vicky beamed at them. "The best macarons ever! Also the shaved ice isn't so bad either. But, dude, the macarons are the real deal." Vicky then looked from one girl to the other girl suspiciously. "Wait, don't you guys got classes? Why are you guys even here?" Vicky sat up in bed as she began to fold her blanket knowing she wouldn't be able to go back to bed. "We skipped classes for today." Jenny answered with a grin as she picked up Marshmallow who walked in at that moment and began petting her softly. "So we can hang out for your birthday and why is the leash still on her?" "I was too lazy to take it off when I came back home after hanging out with Carson." Vicky answered as Jenny removed the leash from the Van cat.

"So what you wanna do?" Natalie asked as she lied down on Vicky's bed. "I'm hungry. Let's go get something to eat." "Boba at Fairy Sweets!" Vicky smiled as she got out of bed when she was done foldng her blanket. "Birthday redemption!" "Oh, Fairy Sweets does that?" Jenny asked as she put Marshmallow down. "I didn't know that." "They started it like a while back, I think. I guess they're getting a little more popular nowadays, but every time I go, it's not even that busy." Vicky answered as she grabbed some clothes and her towel. "Let me shower first. Take care of Marsh, and then we can leave." Once Vicky left, Jenny lied down as well and spoke quietly. "Should we tell her about tonight or later?" "It's a surprised, Jenny." Natalie answered as she closed her eyes. "Vicky's not supposed to know." "Haha, oh yeah. She might decide not to come back to the apartment if she found out." "Exactly."

Natalie then to her side facing away from Jenny. "Wake me up when she's done." "You're really going to sleep?" Jenny asked somewhat surprised glancing at the younger girl by a month. "No. Just napping because I'm lazy to do anything else." Jenny chuckled, but did the same thing as Natalie. Soon Vicky returned thirteen minutes later to see the two girls knocked out on her bed and scoffed. "And they came to visit me while I was asleep." She threw her dirty clothes in the basket in her closet, placed her towel on a hook on her wall, and slightly brushed her hair before walking out of her room to check on the white feline as she air dried her hair. "So, let's see what you need before I wake them up to leave." Vicky refilled her cat's water bowl, then served Marshmallow some cat food before checking on her litter box. Once Vicky was done taking care of Marshmallow did she go wake up the other two girls and then the trio headed off to Fairy Sweets.

~~~~~~~

"Man, that dude was totally checking you out, Jenny!" The sisters giggled once they have left Fairy Sweets an hour later and were headed back to the apartments. "What? No. He was totally checking you out, Vicky!" Jenny countered also joining in on the laughter. "What? Not evens." Vicky rejected the words. "It was either you or Naly." She pointed from one girl to the other. "He messed up your order three times, even when you wrote down what you wanted the second time." Vicky pointed at her sister before pointing at Jenny. "And he gave you an extra brick toast that you didn't even order." She then pointed at herself. "And me? He didn't even look at me at all." "Well, if you stopped looking at your phone then you would have noticed he smirked when he was taking your order." Natalie told her with a rolled of her eyes. "You're lying." "Right, Jenny?" Natalie looked over at Jenny as Jenny nodded her head agreeing. "Dude, Vicky. He had liked this big smirk-like smile on his face when you gave out your order. Now that I think about it, I actually think he knows you."

Vicky gave them all a disbelieving look. "No way. I don't even know who he is. Never seen him before in all my life." The younger girls just shot Vicky a look. "You go there all the time. How do you not know him?" Natalie countered. "Stupid." "Oh yeah, I do, but I go there and buy whatever I want. Not check out the cute guys, y'know." Vicky chuckled as Jenny nudged the older girl. "So you do acknowledged that he's cute." "Yeah, Raehwan is a major cutie, for sure." "Who's Raehwan?" The other two asked giving Vicky confused looks. "Oh, that's the name of the guy." Vicky answered nonchalantly. "You knew his name this whole time?" "What? It's on his name tag. Not my fault you guys don't read." "I knew you were checking him out, Vicky." Jenny smiled smugly while elbowing the older girl. "Just admit it."

"I wasn't even checking him out, Jenny." Vicky told her as the trio made it back to the apartment complex. "Raehwan is too young, anyways." "I thought you said you didn't know him?" Natalie shot her sister a look. "Didn't you see his baby face?" Vicky asked them as they stepped onto the elevator. "That kid must be like eighteen or something." "He's still legal." Jenny teased the older girl as Vicky made a face while Natalie joined in. "Yeah, cradle robber. You like them youngins!" "Ah, shut up. Whatever, man." Vicky let out annoyed as the other two laughed at the older girl's misery. "You guys remind me too much of Chloe." Vicky muttered to herself, but still loud enough for the duo to hear her. "What else is new?" Natalie retorted with a laugh. "Who don't we remind you of?" "Whatever, let's go up so I can sleep again."

~~~~~~~

"Hey, Natalie, should we wake her up now?" Jenny asked Natalie as the two were setting up the living room by moving the furniture around to make the space bigger. "Or is it still too early?" Natalie stopped what she was doing and look at the clock. "Um, nah. We still got time. Let her sleep. She's hella grumpy if she doesn't get her sleep." Jenny nodded her head as she, too, looked at the time. "Alright, but she's been asleep since we got back like three hours ago though. You sure?" "Yeah. Hey, Marshmallow, can you get out of the way, please?" Natalie asked the feline who cast Natalie a lazy gaze like she didn't care. "Fine." Natalie nudged the feline with her foot to move the Van Cat out of the way. "Anyways, nah, she'll wake up when she needs to wake up." Jenny and Natalie then successfully moved everything around to accommodate quite a group in Vicky's living room. "So basically there's no point." Natalie grinned at Jenny as she made her way to the kitchen. "Now let's decide where we should put all the stuff."

"Jenny, I'm still surprised that Haeryung made all the cupcakes and cookies." Natalie stated as she returned to the living with several large bags. "I'm just more surprised that Haeryung didn't want anything in return." Jenny replied shaking her head. "It was kind of last minute to ask her, but she finished it so fast this morning." "That's how she is. Any chance to use her baking skills." Natalie set the bag on the floor. "Then again, she's a Sailor Moon fan, too, so I guess that's why she agreed." Natalie chuckled before going through some of the bags. "But first, we gotta take care of the other things as I'm still hiding the snacks from Vicky so she doesn't see it." Jenny laughed at her words. "I know. Vicky will gobble all of that up before the party even starts." She then took one of the bags. "These are the decorations, right?" "Yup, but dude, Dasol did so much work." Jenny commented as she peeked inside another bag. "I'm just surprised she was able to finished these within three days."

"I know right. She's crazy fast, but she always does an amazing job." Natalie agreed going through the bags to check that everything was all there even though she did it earlier. "Alright. We definitely went all out for Vicky's birthday this year." Natalie smiled as she began dumping the items onto the living room floor. "Well, it's only because she wished for a Sailor Moon theme last year since she was jealous of that one girl's Sailor Moon themed wedding." "Psh, I know right." Natalie said shaking her head, but then gave a small smile. "Anyways, funny that all Dasol wanted as payment for doing these was some fanart books and otome games." "I feel like her and Vicky would get along really quick if they ever met." Jenny chuckled as Natalie nodded her head. "Dude, I know right. We should introduce them someday." "Yeah or not. We may not see them if they end up playing their otome games and forgetting about everything else." Both girls laughed as they then started sorting out the decorations of where they wanted it to go.

Once Jenny and Natalie had gotten done sorting and deciding on where everything would eventually go and decided to get ready for tonight before finalizing everything, Vicky had walked out of her room like she sort of already knew what the two girls were planning. "Whoa, don't you look a bit y and cute, Vicky, in that flowery dress and white coat." Jenny said in an awed tone as she gave the older girl a once over. "You're even wearing heels with stockings. Wow, girl, wow." "Um, okay, Jenny. Thanks?" Vicky let out a bit confused with a smile on her face. "How did you know to get ready?" "Know what?" Vicky said as she tilted her head and then noticed the new arrangment to her apartment. "Are you guys planning on doing a sleepover in the living room or something tonight?" "You don't know?" Natalie asked Vicky as she was also giving her sister a once over. "You're

Please log in to read the full chapter