Chapter Thirty (30)

♥ 'FAKE TO REAL' ♥

In New York:

Seohyun and Yuri arrive in New York with no money and no relatives. Their first day in New York is so pitiful, they look like beggar who don't have shelter. They slept in the subway station, Yuri silently cryimg while watching her sister's sleeping peace on her lap. She keeps blaming herself for bringing Seohyun into the places that they weren't familiar with.

 

"Sorry for bringing you with me." Yuri talked to Seohyun even though Seohyun is sleeping.

"I don't want you to involve in my problem but I still bring you with me." Yuri said. "I promise you that we will live better here in New York. We will start to live here, you will finish your studies here and I will find a better work just to raise you. Just endure the changelles at first and we will gonna survive together." Yuri said. Yuri kissed Seohyun's forehead and caress her hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4 Years Later

"Okay! That was amazing." Yuri said.

No no! Not like that, like this." Yuri show to her workers the right way how to cut the linens. "Get it?" asked Yuri.

"Yes, Ms. Megan." the lady worker said.

"Ms. Megan you need to sign here." Yuri's secretary said.

"Why? Is it a proposal?" Yuri asked.

"No, Ms. Megan. It was the delivery of the linens." her secretary said.

"Okay!" Yuri sign the papers and give back to her secretary.

 

Yuri keeps watching her workers doing their own works. Yuri is now a Fashion Designer in New York, she works in the fastfood chain for a month until someone help her and let her to study about Fashion Designing. Yuri studied in Paris while Seohyun continuing her studies in New York. After 4 years, now Yuri is one of the Famous Designer in New York. Yuri and Seohyun learn more things about living in New York, they work hard to learn more English language and how to communicate with other people especially Yuri since she also Famous in London because 1 year ago she design the wedding gown of the daughter of the rich family and everyone who saw that were amaze at her design.

Yuri and Seohyun is now known as Megan and Roxanne Kwon. The two siblings created their own name in New York because Yuri is known as the owner of 'MK' fashion boutique, while Seohyun is known as the famous producer, she produce many movie. One time Seohyun need to produce a drama in Seoul but Yuri told her not to do that, since Yuri still not ready to go back to Seoul.

 

"Ms. Megan, Ms. Roxanne called saying that she's already home." Yuri's assistant said.

"Thank you Catherine." Yuri said.

"Aren't you going home?" Catherine, Yuri's secretary asked.

"I still need to finish my other designs. Qian told me that she needs the designs day after tomorrow so I really need to finish it." Yuri said.

"But the workers already gone home." Catherine said.

"It's okay! They are already done their work and also they should need to rest because they really work hard." Yuri said. "You should gone home too, I think your shift is already done." Yuri added.

"How about you?" Catherine asked.

"I'm fine here, just take a rest, okay? Have a good night sleep." Yuri said.

"Okay!" Catherine bid her goodbye to Yuri.

 

The shop is already close but you can see outside that there's a dim light inside, it was Yuri's office. Yuri really need to finish her designs so she didn't ashamed to Victoria. She was really thankful to Victoria for giving her and Seohyun an opportunity to live better while they are in New York.

 

-Flashback-

Yuri is walking in the street to her home from her work. She doesn't want to take the taxi since she think that if she take the taxi it was waste of money that's why she choose to walked and also it was exercise for her.

While Yuri is walking in the street, she passed by in the shop with so many people inside. She slow down just to take a look what happen inside. Suddenly someone saw Yuri. "Perfect!" Yuri look at her side and saw a guy smiling at her.

 

"Come in.. Come in." He dragged Yuri inside the shop. When they are inside, all eyes are in Yuri.

"Vic, I think she can be the replacement." the guy said. Actually that guy isn't a real man, he was 50\50. Half boy and half girl, in short he was a gay.

"Replacement?" Yuri asked.

"Perfect!" the tall pretty lady said. She approach Yuri and examine her figure. "Perfect!" the girl scream. She high five with her worker. "You really a great job, Stephen." the girl said.

"Stephanie!" he corrected her.

"Jakkamanyo!" Yuri said.

The girl looked at her. "Why?"

"You ahm.. un-unders-understand?" Yuri asked.

"Yes! I also live in South Korea for 5 years but my hometown is in China." the girl said. "By the way, my name is Song Qian." the girl introduce herself. "But they called me Victoria." she added.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Qian-ssi." Yuri bow politely.

"Aigoo! Drop the honorifics, just call me Qian unnie." Victoria said.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Qian un..nie." Yuri bow again.

"So Vic, she the one?" Stephen asked.

"Yeah! I like her." Victoria said. "By the way what's your name?" Victoria asked Yuri in Hangul.

"Yuri. Kwon Yuri." Yuri said.

"Hi! Another by the way. Yuri, he's my designer Stephen. And Stephen, she's Yuri our new model." Victoria said introducing the two to each other.

"Model?" asked Yuri.

"Yeah! You are our model for our new designs. Since we need to launch our new designs, of course we need to find our model." Victoria said.

"Why me?" Yuri asked.

"Because you are very fit in our new clothing designs." Stephen said.

"Am I?" Yuri asked again. Victoria and Stephen nodded happily.

"Can you help us?" Victoria asked. Yuri sigh heavily. She feel embarass if she say no to them, so she just slowly nodded her head.

"Don't worry you'll never regret it." Stephen said in hangul.

"You! You can speak hangul?" Yuri asked shocked.

Stephen laughed at her reaction. "So shock? Well obviously it's a yes, since I and Victoria are together for ahm.. God knows since when; then I absulutely came in Seoul to her second hometown and also as well in China where is her real hometown. I can understand and speak hangul as well as mandarin. And it was cause by Victoria's syndrome, she pass it to me that's why I can understand hangul and mandarin now." Stephen said. While he was telling Yuri about his story of learning hangul, he start to take the measure of Yuri's body.

"Thanks to me because you can understand my conversation with my boyfriend." Victoria said. She was listing the measure that Stephen told her.

"Since both of you can understand hangul, can we talked in that language?" Yuri awkwardly asked.

"Oh sure Yuri we can." Victoria said.

"So? Ahm.. How can the two of you know each other?" Yuri asked. Stephen done measuring her size so they sat on the chair near Victoria's table. Victoria scanning her news designs, she was finding a gown that will fit with Yuri.

"We our classmates in college." Stephen said. "Actually that time we our enimies since we keep competiting with each other." he added.

"We keep thinking who is the best between us." Victoria also joined in conversation. She pass the sketch of designs to Stephen after choosing the right gown for Yuri. All her designs were beautiful in Yuri that's why she really can't choose.

"Until one day, our instructor told us to unite because our university needs two designers to compete with the other's school designers." Victoria continued.

"Did the both of you win?" Yuri asked.

Stephen and Victoria looked at each other. "NO!" they said in unison and laughed.

"We are the crazy university designer back then." Victoria said. "Because we keep competiting with each other but we end up as one team." Stephen added.

"Wow! Your story was so amazing. Friendship goals." Yuri said.

"Yeah! It was really a friendship goals because until now we are together." Victoria said. Yuri nodded and smiled.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Finally the day that they wait is finally come. Yuri thought at first that it was only about launching their news designs but in reality it was an competition or it was a bidding for the Famous Designers designs. Yuri keep walking back and forth while waiting Stephen and Victoria, she was really nervous; who wasn't if it was your first time doing this such things.

 

"Yuri waiting for too long?" Stephen asked. He lead Yuri to the dressing room where the other models stay.

 

Yuri's eyes widen when she saw the models. She can't why she was qualified in that model competition when all her competitors are shinning brightly in their milk colored skin while her skin looks opposite to them. Yuri step back a little as she saw someone putting something in her chest just to make her looks bigger.

 

"Come on Yuri sit here." Stephen pointed the chair in front of the mirror and the table that full of make-ups and hair equipments.

"Should I really need to do this?" Yuri asked as she slowly sat on the chair that Stephen pointed.

 

Yuri practice how to walk with killer high heels for 3 months, she also practice how to speak english for 3 months, she resign to her work for this, she rarely see her sister just practice, she also learn something anout designing, making pattern, cutting the linens and so on. And for that 3 months of practicing, learnind and hard works will just dissapear by looking at her competitors.

After her make over, before the event start Yuri go to the quiet place just to practice her walk. Yuri tried to walk with 4 inches high heels but she failed because she fall down on her two feet. Yuri stand up and walk again but same thing happen again to her.

 

"I need to do this. I need to win the bidding. For Qian unnie, for Stephen unnie, for Seohyun and for me. Then after this you can back to your normal life Kwon Yuri." Yuri talked to herself. She stand up again and was about to walk again when someone called her.

"Yuri let's go now! The competition will about to start." Stephen said.

"Okay!" Yuri took off the shoes and ran to Stephen barefoot.

 

Yuri and Stephen arrive in dressing room. There, they saw Victoria talking to someone. Yuri sat on a chair as Stephen re-touching her face again putting a light make-up and he also curls her hair. Victoria walks towards them holding 2 dresses and 1 elegant gown.

 

"We are the last one who walked in the aisle, so Yuri you still have to relax." Victoria said. "Here just wear this one, it was for the first round." Victoria handed Yuri the dress.

 

Yuri wear the dress that Victoria gave to her. Yuri wait for her turn in the backstage, while she was wating she quietly watching the models walked perfectly with that killer high heels and beautiful dresses, they are really a perfect model. Yuri can't help herself to feel jealous to other models; in short: Yuri isn't confident in her own.

 

"Yuri it was your turn." Victoria wake Yuri up in her dreamland.

Yuri sigh heavily as she ready herself. "You can do it." Stephen cheer her up. Yuri looked at them and smiled; a nervous smile.

 

When the 2nd to the last model arrive in the main stage, Yuri start to walk behind the model. When the model walk to the backstage, Yuri start to walk in the aisle. All eyes were fixed on her, she tried herself to ignored them by imagining some thoughts until Donghae's and Tiffany's face popped in her mind.

Yuri was about to fall but she balance herself. Loud gasp could here in the function hall, Yuri's tears start to fall but she still continue her walk until she reach the main stage. She face the audience again for one last time for the first round, she did some pose as flash of cameras were everywhere and then she walk backstage. Yuri ran towards Victoria and hugged her tightly, Victoria and Stephen looked at each other worriedly.

 

"What's wrong Yuri?" Victoria asked as she caress Yuri's hair.

"I ruin the first round." Yuri cried. "I'm sorry unnie." Yuri apologize.

Victoria push Yuri a little to make Yuri face her. "Is that really the reason? Or maybe there's bothering you!?" Victoria said. In that past 3 months Stephen, Yuri and Victoria become close with each other, so Yuri told them the reason why she live in New York so sudden, that's why they know why Yuri were not in her realitu because she was thinking to the someone special for her.

"I saw him kissing her ex. They are together now." Yuri blurted out.

"Yuri listen to me." Stephen turn Yuri to him so he can saw him her face. "I think it was nice to think of them. Make them your inspiration to make your walk perfectly. Think them and told them that you are not the puppet Yuri that they know. Think them and show them that you can stad on your own two feet." Stephen said.

"If you show to them that you are weak, then maybe they are keeps popping in your mind all of a sudden until you will distract by them." Victoria said.

"Show them how strong you are, so they won't bothering you anymore." Stephen said.

 

Yuri really rely on them since they meet in first place. Stephen and Victoria didn't think twice to treat Yuri as their own sister and friend, they really show to her that Yuri is also part of their family. Even Seohyun they all treat her well, if something's bothered Yuri she immediately tell it to them.

 

"What if on the second round I ruin it again?" Yuri asked.

"As long you did your best you will never ruin it." Victoria said.

"Be yourself and walk confidently." Stephen said. "So go, even though you ruin it again, always remember thay we are always here waiting for you." Stephen caress Yuri's face. Yuri smiled.

 

After Yuri change her 2nd dress for second round. She walk again to the aisle, while she was walking she was bothering again with the thought of Donghae and Tiffany kissing. Yuri again ruined her walk, she was really embarass to Victoria and Stephen but the two keep saying that she did great even though she ruin everything. For the third or final round, Yuri promise that she'll let her stupid thought bothered her again, she need to do this for the people who help her and Seohyun.

Yuri sigh heavily and confidently want in the aisle. 'For Qian unnie, for Stephen unnie, for Seohyun and for me I will win this.' Yuri thought. She help her chin up and walk perfectly in the aisle, she smile in every flash of the camera. When she was in the middle of the aisle going to the end of the aisle, she suddenly feel nervous because she didn't hear everything; the sounds of music, the applausing of the audience, the whistling and so on. She just walking in the aisle with nothing, her smile faded and her walk slowly decreasing, she was really nervous because she thought the she's alone.

 

"What happen to her?" Stephen asked. He and Victoria watching Yuri on the tv screen backstage.

"Steph, look at Yuri, she looks scared." Victoria said.

"Is she nervous?" Stephen asked. Victoria shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know."

 

Yuri look at her left side and saw nothing, she was really scared. Yuri look at her right side and saw no one, when Yuri was about to ran to the backstage, she saw a figure in the audience are. Yuri look carefully since she can't clear see the figure, when she reach the end of the aisle; she saw Donghae's figure standing while smiling at her. Yuri's eyes widen when she saw him there. "You can do it." Donghae mouthed her. Yuri inhale and close her eyes, after a seconds, Yuri open her eyes again but she didn't see Donghae's figure. She look side by side but she didn't see him, now Yuri could hear is the music, the audience murmuring, Yuri closed her eyes again and breathe deeply, in her thought only she hear and see is Donghae. Yuri open her eyes again and start to smile, she continue to pose making the audience applause and cheers again. Yuri walked confidently and perfectly towards the main aisle. When she reach the aisle Yuri pose again for the last time before getting in the backstage.

 

"Oh my god, Yuri you did great." Stephen hugged Yuri.

"Thank you oppa!" Yuri said. She tease Stephen, she know Stephen doesn't want Yuri and Seohyun called him 'Oppa' since physically he's a man and metally he's a woman.

"I told you to call me 'Stephanie unnie'. " Stephen said.

"Arasso, Stephanie unnie." Yuri said. "Good."

"I'm so proud of you Yuri." Victoria hugged Yuri.

"Thank you, Qian unnie." Yuri said.

"No. Thank you, Yuri." Victoria thanking Yuri back. "If you didn't agree to be our model then maybe we are disalified now." Victoria said.

"Okay! Just take a rest for a while Yuri because later they gonna announce the winner of the bidding competition." Stephen said.

"Okay!" Yuri's smiled.

 

Yuri sigh in relief because finally she finish the 3 rounds of modeling but still nervous because they will announce the winner later.

 

"He's still my inspiration." Yuri murmured.

-End of Flashback-

 

Thinking back those moments, Yuri can't believe that it was happen to them in the first place. She really can't believe that there's someone who was willing to help them. Victoria is the one who let Yuri to study about the designing and learn more about english while Stepohen is the one who let Seohyun to finish her studies. Victoria and Stephen is the angels that God give to them, they are the lucky charms of Kwon siblings even though Victoria keep saying that Yuri is their lucky charm.

Yuri looked at the picture on her table, it consist of three people in the picture: it was her, Victoria and Stephen. They are smiling widely because they won the competition, they lose in the 2 rounds but they won in 3rd round which means the real champion. Victoria and Stephen's gown won by the most expensive gown.

 

"I remember that time, I am still broken hearted. But in the end he was still my inspiration." Yuri said.

 

Yuri smile bitterly because even though 4 years are already past, she still can't get over him. Even though it was hurt to think but she still have feelings for him. Back then, Yuri didn't use any account in social medias because she knows that maybe she'll saw the dating issue of Donghae and Tiffany. But since when Victoria entrust to Yuri the 'VS' (Victoria Song) shop to Yuri she started to use the sns for the online buying or ordering, but still she didn't get any news about him because she was still afraid to be hurt again.

But Yuri was super thankful to Victoria because the 'VS' shop that owned by Victoria is now an 'MK' (Megan Kwon) shop owned by Yuri.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Annyeonghaseyo! Another chapter !! :)

By the way, I am really sorry for the long flashback.

Now we know how Yuri and Seohyun can survive in New York.

And also I add a two new characters. It was F(x) Leader Victoria Song and Stephen. (Don't ask me about Stephen because he was just my imaginary character, he just only popped in my mind.

Sorry for any mistakes and wrong grammar.

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING! :)