Chapter Eight

Day By Day {MYNAME}

INSOO

She was wondering around the kitchen trying to decide what she was going to make for dinner. I sat at the bench watching her frown at the contents of the fridge. I'd offered to help her but she'd assured me she didn't need it - she was right. I continued to stare at her - from the outside I probably looked like a creep.

"Should we have soup?" she asked still frowning at the fridge.

"Are you busy tomorrow?"

"I don't think so, why?" she turned her attention to me.

"You don't have class?" I made sure.

"No, I am completely unscheduled tomorrow," she walked over and lent on the bench across from me.

"In that case, should we go on a date?"

"What?" she laughed as if I were joking. I wasn't.

"You want to go out to eat before you sleep with me?" she smirked pushing off the bench and returning to the fridge.

"No, I want to take you somewhere nice, spend some actual time talking to you and maybe get to know you a little better," I stated very seriously, she frowned looking at me fore a while. The beeping of the fridge finally snapped her back into reality and she said;

"Why?"

"Because I want to take you on a real date,"

"Okay," she nodded slowly after a long pause.

"Okay, we'll go to dinner tomorrow. Somewhere nice," I smiled at her. She was still frowning, the fridge still beeping.

"And soup sounds good," I nodded getting up and walking away.

JIYEON

I stood there staring after him for a while. The fridge continued to beep at me. What? I frowned to myself closing the fridge door.

He wants to take me on a real date? Why? Why would he want to do that? He has no reason to want a real date. My heart sped up and I came to the sudden realization; I don't have any date clothes. I only have 'let's-go-hook up-somewhere' clothes. How am I supposed to got out on a real date in clothes like that? What type of clothes do you even wear out to dinner?

"Hey, what's for dinner?" Eunji asked casually walking in.

"We need to go shopping," I muttered chewing on my thumb.

"I went shopping yesterday, there should be food in there," she frowned.

"Not food shopping, is food all you ever think about?"

"Does the house need something?" she looked confused, in her defense that's generally the only time I go shopping.

"No, I need clothes,"

"But you don't go clothes shopping, you just buy everything online," she continued to frown at me.

"I need to, we have to go right now," I panicked.

"Why don't you just do it online? It's almost 4 p.m. and Kwangmin has been bickering with me all day about the stupid dance choreography," she sighed.

"I have a date with Insoo tomorrow, and I have nothing to wear,"

"You don't go on dates,"

"I know, that's why I have no date clothes," I sighed.

"Please, I need your help," I resorted to pleading.

"I'll go get changed," she nodded.

INSOO

"Wait, you're what?" Seyong frowned at me.

"I'm going on a date with Jiyeon,"

"Why?"

"Because I like her,"

"Have I taught you nothing? You only go on a date when the girl is a little more difficult to sleep with. Then you spend as little money as possible, mainly on alcohol. No fancy restaurants, no gifts. Get them drunk and sleep with them, then you're done. That's it. Now, seeing as you've already slept with Jiyeon a numerous amount of times, why are you trying? Move on, time for a new girl,"

"I don't want a new girl, I like her,"

"Yeah you said that the other day. I like her too, she's a great cook and I'm not saying don't sleep with her, sleep with her until she's blue in the face. But mix it up, don't restrict yourself to sleeping with just her. How am I suppose to pick up if my wing man is concentrating on one girl? Don't be so selfish,"

"Would it have killed you to at least pretend to be supportive?" I sighed,

"Yes,"

"Screw you Seyong," I rolled my eyes leaving the room.

Honestly, what did I expect from him? He's Seyong. That's just the way he is, but that didn't make me any less irritated at the fact.

JIYEON

"What the hell is that?" I frowned at her; she was holding up a pink dress with a bedazzled bust.

"You said you wanted girly," she shrugged smirking.

"Yeah, girly not beauty queen," I continued to frown.

"Well you're not exactly helping," she sighed.

"I want something that I'll wear, but girlier. Something in between what you would wear and what would wear,"

"Why didn't you just go through my wardrobe?"

"Because you're too conservative for me,"

"I thought the point of the date was to get to know each other, not sleep together?" she raised an eyebrow.

"I can't think right now," I sighed.

"Well, I'm hungry. So let's get something to eat then we'll keep looking,"

"Okay," I nodded.

INSOO

I sighed sitting on the lounge with my iPad searching for a restaurant. I didn't want something cheap or some take away type of place. But at the same time I didn't want somewhere that was extremely fancy either. Somewhere in the middle. I'd found two places that I liked but I wasn't sure which one Jiyeon would like more. I would just have to ask Eunji when they got back. I wanted to get Seyong's opinion but seeing as he was being a massive D-Bag, I would just have to bookmark them and wait for Eunji.

"Hey, where's Jiyeon? I thought she'd be making dinner by now," Gunwoo asked.

"She went out with Eunji, she said she's going to bring something home,"

"Went out where?"

"Shopping I think," I shrugged.

JIYEON

"Are you going to eat?" Eunji frowned at me, I was moving the food around my plate.

"I'm not hungry, I'm really nervous," I sighed.

"Seriously? But you don't get nervous? Especially not when it comes to boys," she tried to give me a pep-talk.

"I know, but I am and I don't know why? I mean it's just dinner, and it's just Insoo, I don't have any reason to be nervous. But I am and I'm freaking out and it's irritating me," I rambled on, the whole time she just sat there smirking at me.

"What?"

"Did you consider that you might be nervous because you actually like Insoo?" she shrugged.

"I don't like Insoo,"

"I think you do,"

"You like him," I mumbled oh so maturely.

"I wouldn't like someone you like," she teased,

"I don't like him,"

"Then don't go tomorrow," she challenged.

"It would be rude to not go,"

"You're always rude," she retorted bluntly.

"I am not,"

"Why are you so defensive?"

"Because I don't like him like that,"

"Okay, fine. Let's just look at the facts then; you haven't been with anyone else since the gym, you spend most of your free time together or texting each other, you agreed to go on a date with him, and now you're so nervous you aren't hungry. The only thing you're missing is jealousy," she stated.

"Who let you go to school?" I frowned.

"Tell me I'm wrong,"

"Well when you put it that way, it may sound like I might like him, but I don't,"

"Just admit you like him, accept it and move on,"

"Let's just go find something for me to wear tomorrow," I sighed,

"But I'm still eating."

"You can eat later,"

"I'm hungry," she pouted.

"So is everyone at home,"

"I'm not the one who wanted to go shopping at 4 in the afternoon for a date with a guy I claimed I don't like," she huffed.

"Let's just go,"

***

"Just get it," Eunji frowned at my reluctance.

"It's floral,"

"It's pretty,"

"But, it's floral,"

"If you don't get it I'm going home," she threatened.

"If I do get it we're going home anyway,"

"So your choices are; go home empty handed, stay and look on your own, or listen to me and get the pretty outfit that looks amazing on you,"

"But it's floral," I muttered after a long silence.

"Oh my gosh! You're worse than Kwangmin, at least he listens,"

"Because he likes you,"

"Does not,"

"Does too,"

"I'll admit he likes me when you admit you like Insoo,"

"Shut up and help me find my size," I rolled my eyes.

"Finally," she sighed.

INSOO

The girls walked back in the door, Jiyeon saw me and retreated up stairs. I smirked as Eunji brought bags of take away and placed them down on the bench. Everyone had been sitting in the lounge room got up instantly and started serving themselves up something to eat.

"Hey Eunji, can I get your opinion on something?" I asked before she made her way to the stairs.

"Sure," she nodded. Seyong glared at us as I collected my iPad from the bench and lead her into the lounge room.

"So, I was looking for somewhere to take Jiyeon tomorrow and I found two places that I like but I don't know what she'll like better," I said handing her the iPad.

She looked at the first one for a while then tapped the second tab and looked at that for just as long. She frowned puffing out her cheeks as she switched back and forth between the two restaurants. She scrolled down the pages to read some of the information on each restaurant, tilting her head from side to side still frowning, her frowning worried me. Would she hate them both?

"This one," she nodded seemingly satisfied with her answer.

"She'll like this one," she handed me back the iPad.

"Are you sure? You're not just picking the one she'll hate the least?"

"No, I'm sure she'll like this one," she nodded.

"I was thinking of getting her flowers but I wasn't sure that's a good idea,"

"Ah, don't get her flowers," she said slowly as she shook her head.

"She's not really a flower person," she added.

"I don't want to go empty handed though,"

"She's going to be too nervous to care,"

"Okay, thanks Eunji," I smiled at her,

***

I called the restaurant after I'd talked to Eunji and made out reservation. Suddenly it was all real. I started second guessing myself; What if it goes horribly? What if is she cancels? What am I doing? Why did I think this was a good idea?

Because you like her and she deserves to be taken out on a real date. So what if it goes wrong? At least you tried and if she cancels at least then nothing can go wrong. So Man Up.

I gave myself a pep talk, now I just need to find something to wear.