Chapter Thirty Eight

Day By Day {MYNAME}

INSOO

"You're hopeless," I sighed at Seyong who had his arm around my neck as I helped his stay standing.

"Are we going home now?" he slurred.

"No, we're going to eat something,"

"I'm not hungry"

"You need to soak up some of that alcohol before we get you back to Eunji,"

"Eunji can cook,"

"It's almost two in the morning, she'll be asleep," I sighed.

"I like to sleep," he nodded thoughtfully.

"Fine, we'll get you home to sleep," I gave up.

Jiyeon would already be asleep anyway. She messaged me two hours ago saying she was heading home with EunBi, so I seriously doubted she was even awake right now.

"You should go home and get some, it's no wonder you and Jiyeon have been moody lately," he mumbled.

"And when was the last time you had with something other than your hand?"

"Hey, I don't even know how to hold hands with her," he tried to defend himself.

"It's different than what you're use too, huh?"

"I don't know how to do it," he sighed pulling from me and sitting himself on the bench we'd just past.

"Do what? Hold hands?" I frowned.

"No, be in a relationship. I don't know if I'm moving too quickly? Or if I should be moving faster? Or if she's even comfortable around me? I don't know why she even agree to date me, I was so horrible to her," he rambled.

"Maybe you should talk to her about it?" I sat down next to him.

"I can do that?"

"You really are hopeless,"

"You're not helping,"

"Look, the only reason it's so awkward is because neither of you have dated. If you want to hold her hand, do it. If she's not okay with something she'll either pull away or tell you. Dating's not hard, you just have to get past the awkward stage,"

EUNJI

I fanned my hand, not that it was going to make the nail polish dry any faster, but it gave me something to do. Something to distract myself with.

The house was so quiet; Seyong was still out with Insoo, Jiyeon and EunBi had gone home and everyone else was asleep. I'd tried sleeping but I couldn't, the room just felt empty and I wasn't used to sleeping in this bed.

When it was the two single beds I could just convince myself that it was one of the night's Ji was at her apartment, but now I couldn't and everything just felt empty. I felt alone. Which is ridiculous right? But I couldn't help it.

There was a loud bang from downstairs that had me jumping out of my skin.

"Would you be quiet?" I heard Insoo hiss.

"You be quiet," Seyong drunkenly retorted, I don't know why but it had me smiling.

"Upstairs,"

"Downstairs,"

Insoo let out a sigh of frustration.

"Do you think Eunji will be awake?" Seyong asked as then made their way up the staircase.

"If you don't shut up she will be,"

"Her light's on,"

"Maybe she fell asleep with it on,"

"We should turn it off so it doesn't wake her up,"

"If you go in there, you'll wake her up,"

"You don't know that,"

"You're not going in there,"

"I'll just wait until you leave, which is the better option?"

"Even drunk you manage to manipulate people," they were outside my door now.

"It's a talent,"

"Be quiet,"

"I'm awake," I finally called out.

"See, I told you," Seyong stated smugly.

"No, you asked if she would be,"

"We were going to turn your light off," Seyong ignored his friend.

"It's okay, I'm using it,"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Drunk?" Insoo frowned.

"I'm not even that drunk, I'm pretty much sobered up,"

"It's fine," I shrugged, honestly wanted the company.

"Are you sure?"

"I can't sleep anyway," I nodded.

"I'm going to head home then, call me if you need me,"

"Bye," I waved.

Seyong slowly made his way into the room and laid on his stomach next to me, he was quiet for a while looking around the room.

"You got a new bed," he stated looking me in the eye.

"I did, Jiyeon thought it would be a good idea,"

"And what do you think?" he asked.

"The room feels empty," I shrugged.

"You didn't lift it did you?" he asked when he couldn't find something to say.

"No, the guys that delivered it brought it up the stairs,"

"Did they take the other ones out too?"

"No, Ji and I took them down to the garage,"

"Why didn't you ask me and Insoo to do it before we left?" he frowned.

"I didn't think too," I shrugged putting a second coat of light blue polish over my nails.

"So who put it together?"

"Ji and I,"

"I would have done it for you,"

"It didn't take long,"

"Yeah, but I would have done it,"

"I know," I nodded.

He let out a sigh and rolled onto his back staring up at the ceiling, there was silence for a while. He closed his eyes and I thought he was going to fall asleep. I was really kind of hoping he would, then I wouldn't be alone in here and maybe I could sleep.

"Why did you agree to date me?" he asked suddenly.

"What?" I frowned.

"Why did you say yes?" he continued to lie on his back with his eyes closed.

"Because I like you,"

"Why?"

"I don't know why, just do,"

"Hmm," he mumbled, I was going to ask why but he spoke first.

"What are you doing?" he asked rolling back onto his chest, his head was already on the pillow so he turned to look at me properly.

"Painting my nails,"

"Why?"

"I couldn't sleep and I have nothing else to do," I shrugged.

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No, you can stay for a while if you want, I'm still not tired," I shrugged.

"Okay," he yawned lying on his back again.

It didn't take him long to fall asleep, he stayed on his back for a few minutes before he stirred and to his side. He was facing towards me, he left hand hidden under the pillow and the right one resting against his chest. His breathing was so quiet, I had to watch him for a while just to make sure he was actually breathing, then I realized how creepy I was being watching him sleep.

SEYONG

I wasn't in my bed, that much I knew before I opened my eyes, I also knew that there was an around wrapped around my waist and a head on my chest. I was worried about opening my eyes, the chances of me opening my eyes and that person being Eunji was very little, which would mean I did something very stupid.

Slowly I built the courage and took a peak, after my eyes adjusted to the light I relaxed, everything from last night slowly came back to me.

Eunji had curled up into my side and was hugging my waist. She looked so peaceful and delicate, I didn't want to move in case I woke her but I wasn't so sure having her wake up to this was going to help with our awkwardness either.

Still, I couldn't bring myself to move, so instead I laid there and watched her take small breaths. I'm not sure was she was dreaming about, but every so often her nose would scrunch up and she'd frown cuddling a little more into my side.

I could get use to this, I mean if we ever got over this awkward stage that seems to have us held captive.

I just about jumped out of my skin when Eunji's phone started ringing on the bedside table, she stired as it continued to ring but she didn't quite wake up. It stopped ringing and there was silence for a few seconds, then it started ringing again. She groaned and I quickly closed my eyes pretending to be asleep, why? I don't know but it seemed like a good idea.

EUNJI

I opened my eyes to a chest, Seyong's chest. I guess I'd fallen asleep and at some point latched onto to him, I shouldn't be surprised really, I mean I hug my pillow in my sleep.

The ringing seemed to get louder and I answered it without checking the ID just so the noise would stop and Seyong wouldn't wake up. But I guess he's a heavy sleeper because he didn't even stir.

"Hello?" my voice was still croaky.

"Did I wake you?" Kwangmin's voice filled the receiver, I rolled my eyes.

"Yes actually,"  I didn't mean for it to sound so rude.

"Sorry, did you want me to call back?"

"No, what did you want?" I sighed.

"I was wondering if you were free today?"

"Why?" I frowned rubbing my eyes.

SEYONG

I decided to sneak a look, and opened my eyes just enough to see her but hopefully not enough for her to notices. She was frowning at who ever was on the other end.

"Why?" she rubbed her eyes, kind of in the same way a sleepy toddler does it, except she was way cuter.

"Why would I want to do that at..." she paused to check the time.

"6:30, it's 6:30 a.m. What are you even doing awake?" she groaned.

"I don't need to go into the university today, the only class I have requires and auditorium and seeing as that's not in use right now I have no need to be awake this early. But you already know that, what with having the same class and all,"

"Why can you take Youngmin? Or anyone else?" she sighed.

"I don't think Seyong would be okay with that,"

"Actually it is his business,"

"Because we're dating, and seeing as you like me I don't think it would be a good idea for just the two of us to go out together,"

"Call one of the boys, I'm going back to bed," she huffed.

"Call again, I'm turning my phone off," she muttered hanging up.

"Stupid Kwangmin," she muttered to herself turning off the phone and lying back down, this time she was hugging her pillow. She lied close to me but we weren't actually touching.

I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't, so I just laid there watching her for a while. She pulled the pillow closer and scrunched her nose up a little. Maybe it was a habit and not her dreaming? Either way it was adorable. I sighed dragging myself from her bed and making my way to the bathroom.

***

I made my way downstairs as someone was knocking at the door, flinging the towel over my shoulder. I opened the door to find Kwangmin and two other guys much shorter than him.

"Hey," I said casually leaning against the door frame.

"Where's Eunji?" Kwangmin frowned at me.

"Don't be rude," one of his friends frowned at him,

"Sorry, I'm Ricky, we were just wondering if Eunji was home?" the same guy introduced himself.

"I'm Seyong, and she's asleep," I nodded.

"Well, can we come in and wait for her?" Kwangmin asked impatiently. Why is she even friends with him.

"There's no point, we'll just call her later," the other guy gave me a small smile.

"We already came out here," Kwangmin frowned at them.

"Minwoo's right, we don't know when she'll wake up," Ricky nodded.

"Can you let her know we came by?" Minwoo asked.

"Sure," I nodded closing the door.

"Why did you do that?" Kwangmin hissed at his friends from the other side of the door

"Did you see those abs? She's not waking up for a while" Minwoo retorted.

I laughed to myself when I realized opening the door shirtless and saying Eunji was asleep, definitely had them jump to conclusions. But it didn't bother me in the slightest that Kwangmin thought that, maybe now he would back off a little?

EUNJI

I stretched out in the now empty bed, I was kind of happy that Seyong wasn't here, also a little disappointed. But at least there was no awkwardness this way. I laid there and enjoyed the comfort of the new bed for a while, it was soft and warm, and seriously comfortable. If I could, I would stay in bed all day but I'd promised to help EunBi with her homework and I had to get some of the prep work done for tomorrow.

I turned my phone on and got out of bed finishing myself a pair of light blue denim shorts and a pink cardigan with a white cat on the front. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and slid my glasses on my face when I realized I needed to go get new contact lenses, I didn't mind all that much though. I actually liked wearing my glasses, I only wore the contacts because they were more convenient.

I made my way downstairs checking my messages, mostly all of them were from Kwangmin but I'd expected that. There was one from Ricky, I hadn't heard from him in a while, he'd been really busy lately. Teen Top, his group, were preparing to go to America on their next tour.

Hey, quick heads up. Kwangmin is all crabby because your boyfriend answered the door shirtless and you were asleep. Anything you want to tell me?

-Ricky

So Kwangmin is having a fit because it appears you and your ab god had . I haven't had this much fun in a while.

-Minwoo

Minwoo is not helping the situation. How do I deal with this?

-Ricky

I really think we should practice, unless you want to fail.

-Kwangmin

Do you even care about our grade or is your boy toy the only thing you have time for now?

-Kwangmin

I didn't think you were that stupid. Now that he has what he wanted, how long do you think he'll stay with you?

-Kwangmin

His messages were pretty much all the same, I just rolled my eyes and deleted them. EunBi was already sitting at the kitchen counter when I walked through to the lounge room where Seyong was flicking through channels. He looked up and gave me a small smile, like he hadn't slept in my bed last night. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a black hooded jumper, I guess he'd put a shirt on when EunBi got here. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

"Your friends dropped by, Minwoo, Ricky and that other one,"

"Kwangmin?"

"Yeah, Kwangmin seemed pretty insistent about staying until you woke up, the other two  had to all but drag him away,"

"He's just being a pain because he knows we're together," I assured him.

"Minwoo said they'd call later and asked me to let you know they came by," he stated sticking potato chips in his mouth.

"Okay," I nodded walking into the kitchen to make myself a coffee.

"Do you want a coffee?"

"No," he shook his head.

"EunBi?"

"Please," she nodded, she already looked flustered and she couldn't have been here long.

"I'll make coffee then help, okay?"

"Okay," she sighed looking up.

"You wear glasses?" she frowned.

"Normally I wear contacts," I nodded.

"You totally suit glasses,"

"Thank you," I poured the hot water and milk in the cups before sitting down next to her.

"What do we have left?" I placed her cup in front of her.

"All of that" she sight pointing at the second pile in front of her.

"That's half as much as yesterday I'm sure we can get the rest done today,"

"Don't you have to cook today?"

"Not if I get up earlier tomorrow," I shook my head.

"I can't ask you to do that," she frowned.

"But you can come over and help, besides, by earlier I mean like 8:30 - 9," I shrugged.

SEYONG

She sat at the counter helping EunBi. I don't know how she did it; EunBi was on edge and flustered when she got here, now she was calm and laughing with Eunji and she pretty much racing through her homework.

I don't know how, but somehow she manages to be cute and attractive at the same time which does nothing but confuse me. Her cardigan was adorable but her shorts showed off her legs which wasn't exactly what you would call cute, she was wearing odd socks which in itself was cute, but her glasses gave her the y librarian/school girl kind of look and yet the pastel pink frames were so innocent.

"Seyong?" she frowned staring at me, I realized I'd been watching her for a while.

"Yeah?"

"Are you hungry?"

"Oh, I could eat," I nodded.

"You're not too busy staring?" EunBi smirked.

"I wasn't staring,"

"You were also drawling," she teased, Eunji turned a light shade of pink.

"Was not,"

EUNJI

"How did he get someone like you," EunBi frowned at Seyong then turned to me.

"Hey!" Seyong pouted.

"What? I mean sure you're attractive, or at least that's what all the girls I've ever gone to school with have said. But she's smart and pretty,and nice. I've met Seyong, I've known him my whole life and the only women he's ever consecutively nice to is me, my mother, and his own,"

"Could you please stop talking?"

"Tell me I'm wrong and I'll take it back,"

"You're wrong," I shrugged. It wasn't a lie he is lovely to me, now.

"Seriously?" she frowned.

"Seriously, now how about we focus more on studying and less on mine and Seyong's relationship?"

"Sorry," she nodded.

SEYONG

It was clear all over her face, she avoided eye contact with me and busied herself with making lunch. She was doubting us and everyone else wasn't helping. I realize now that asking her why she liked me last night might have been a mistake.

***

INSOO

"Are you ready?" Jiyeon sighed from the lounge.

"Aren't I suppose to be asking you that?" I frowned doing up my belt.

"You could if you were ever ready before I was,"

"If you have of woke me earlier,"

"I figured you might like to sleep in on your birthday, besides if I'd of woken you up earlier you would of gotten in the shower with me and we would still be waiting for you to get ready,"

"What's wrong with a little birthday ?" I muttered.

"Nothing, unless we have to go out,"

"It's not like it's happening any other time," I muttered to myself.

"I realize that it's been a while, but we've both been busy, and your sister has been staying here," she huffed.

"A while? We went from having daily to no for over a month,"

"Well that explains why you've been crabby lately,"

"Like I'm the only one whose been crabby" I rolled my eyes.

"No wonder EunBi went to the dorm this morning,"

"She went to the dorm to get help with the work she's behind in,"

"Yeah, because she didn't want to ask us because we've been grumpy," she retorted.

"Well if," someone knocking at the door interrupted me at the same time my phone started ringing.

"Saved by the door," she muttered getting up.

"Hello?" I sighed without checking caller ID.

"Happy Birthday to you," my mother started singing into the phone, I waited until she finished singing before I spoke.

"Thank you,"

"So what are you doing today?" she asked all excited.

"I'm going out to lunch with Jiyeon and a few friends"

"No Seyong?" I could practically see the frown on her face.

"We went out the other night with some of the guys,"

"Still, you're always together on your birthday,"

"I didn't feel like a party this year, so we did drinks and now I'm going to lunch,"

"You've really grown up lately,"

"You sound disappointed"

"Quite the opposite, this Jiyeon I've been hearing so much about from your sister seems to be really good for you,"

"What exactly have you been hearing?"

"That she's smart and pretty, a model," she sounded a little judging when she said the word model.

"Yes, she's a model, but she's not what you're thinking,"

"I'm not thinking anything. But you'll have to bring her with you when you come down for your sisters graduation so I can meet her myself,"

"She graduates around the same time, if she's free I'll bring her down"

"Hey, sorry but there's a package here for you and they wont let me sign for it," Jiyeon poked her head in the bedroom door.

"One second mum, I have to sign for something. Here talk to Jiyeon" I handed the phone to a wide eyes Jiyeon who shook her head profusely.

"Take it," I whispered handing her thing phone and making my way to the door.

JIYEON

I froze and just stared at him, was he crazy? There was no way this is a good idea, I'm not good with parents. There was no way his mother was ever going to approve of me.

"Take it," I reluctantly took the phone.

"Hello Ms Kang," I frown speaking slowly.

"Jiyeon?"

"Yes," I nodded even though she couldn't hear me.

"Nice to finally talk to you, but it's Ms Son," she sounded nice but there was definitely a judging tone in her voice.

"Oh, sorry and you too,"

"It's fine, tell me a bit about yourself,"

"Uh, what would you like to know?" I drew a blank.

"What are you studying? How old are you? What do your parents do? Stuff like that?"

"I'm studying Art and Design,"

"That's not really a reliable career,"

"I'm 22," I said at the same time.

"That's a bit of an ,"

"It's only 4 years,"

"He was graduation university when you were graduating high school," she pointed out.

"I hadn't thought about it that way," I mumbled.

"Mm, and your parents?"

"They died when I was young," I looked to Insoo for help, he frowned and quickly got up from the floor where he was opening the massive box that had been delivered.

"Here," he held his hand out for the phone.

"It was nice talking to you Ms Son, here's Insoo,"

"Why are you interrogating her?" Insoo huffed into the phone, I made my way into our bedroom. She definitely doesn't think I'm good enough.

INSOO

"Well, I didn't know about her parents," she huffed.

"Her mother was about as nice as dad was,"

"Well now I feel bad, put her back on the phone,"

"She's gone to finish getting ready,"

"I didn't mean to upset her,"

"She's not easily upset,"

"No?"

"No, she's been through a lot and had to grow up quickly, don't judge her by her age or profession,"

"I wasn't judging,"

"You were,"

"I didn't mean too," she sighed.

"It's fine mum, what's not fine is this gift you sent me,"

"You don't like it?"

"Mum, there's no need for an expensive gift,"

"It's my right as your mother to buy you expensive gifts,"

"You could have just sent me a card," I sighed.

"I did, it's inside the piano box,"

"You know I'm sending this back right?"

"Oh honey, you're not because there is nothing I can do with a piano and the store I bought it from has a no return policy,"

"Mum,"

"I know you better than you think," she sounded so smug.

"This is too much mum,"

"No, it's not. So accept it and write me a song or something,"

"I could just send it back and EunBi could use it,"

"I'll just send it right back, save us both the postage fee and just accept the piano,"

SEYONG

I watched her from the lounge, she was a little frantic. She had three different things cooking while she prepared something else and helped EunBi with the last of her homework. I hadn't seen her smile all day, unless you count the small ones that are accompanied by a nod that she gives EunBi when she's asking a question. Other than that, there has been a frown consistently on her face since she stepped foot in the kitchen.

She'd kind of avoided me yesterday, or at least that's the way it felt, maybe she was just busy helping EunBi, or maybe she was using EunBi as an excuse to avoid me. It was either because of the us sleeping in the same bed thing or, because she was beginning to doubt our ability to work as a couple. Maybe I was the paranoid one?

I sighed getting up and making my way into the kitchen, she barely notice I was even there until she almost walked into me.

"Sorry," she frowned.

"Are you sure you don't want my help? I feel bad," EunBi stated.

"Not until you've finished that, it needs to be done before the party, then you have nothing to worry about," Eunji shook her head moving around me to get to the bench.

"What can I help with?" I asked her, she frowned at thought about it,

"I don't know," she sounded a little frantic.

"Eunji, calm down there is still over 4 hours until anyone is going to be here. Just breathe and tell me what you need?"

"Well Jiyeon said not to let you cook, but we need balloons, and, crap. The cake, we need the cake, I totally forgot about the cake,"

"Okay, I can got out and get decorations and the cake,"

"Okay," she nodded but still frowned.

"How much do you have left?" I asked EunBi quietly, not that Eunji would have register us talking anyway.

"Not much, maybe an hour?" she shrugged.

"Help her as soon as you can,"

"Sure," she nodded.

JIYEON

"I don't think your mother likes me," I muttered in the car on the way to the restaurant.

"She doesn't not like you, she's just being, well a mother," he tried to find the right words.

"Yeah, I never had one of those,"

"That's not what I meant," he frowned.

"I know, but what if she doesn't like me?"

"Then she'll learn to, or at least be polite because her opinion has nothing to do with us staying together or not," he laced his fingers through mine, he held my hand the rest of the drive, not letting go even to change gears.

We pulled into the car park, and he insisted I stayed in the car until he opened the door for me.

"See, was that so hard?"

"No,"

"Come on," he grabbed my hand once more.

"You're in a good mood for someone who doesn't like his birthday," I stated.

"You agreed to a date, do you know how hard it is to get you to go out on a date?"

"I don't do this," I shrugged.

"Where the hell have you guys been?" Su Min frowned.

"We're not that late," I rolled my eyes.

"You're almost twenty minutes late," she stated matter of factly.

"Sorry, my mother called and there was a package delivered,"

"It's no problem, happy birthday," Young Min stated.

"What kind of package," Su Min smirked.

"Shall we go in," Young Min frowned shaking his head.

"That's good idea," I nodded.

***

"So why don't you like your birthday?" Su Min asked handing her menu to the waiter.

"I don't see the point in congratulating someone on getting older," he shrugged but I could tell he was lying, at least for the most part.

"Fair enough," she frowned.

"Did you get anything at least?" Young Pyo asked.

"My mum send me something," he nodded.

"What did Jiyeon get you?"

"Uh," he frowned.

"You didn't get him anything?"

"I did! I just forgot to give him this morning,"

"I'm used to not being given it," he smirked at me.

"Keep it up and you wont get it when we get home," I playfully glared.

"Do you guys want to take a few minutes in the bathroom?" Su Min asked.

"No," I rolled my eyes.

"Did you already mark that off the list?" she asked.

"She knows about the list?" Insoo frowned.

"Duh," Su Min frowned back.

"It's not like you were subtle about mentioning it," Young Pyo stated.

"That's true, I have to go to the bathroom, come with me," Su Min stood up pulling on my arm.

"We'll be back," I rolled my eyes standing up.

"Did you seriously forget to get him a present?" she frowned at me once we were in the bathroom.

"Did you seriously drag me in here just to ask me that? I raised an eyebrow.

"Kind of," she shrugged checking her reflection.

"But also to ask when the last time you had was, the tension out there is serious,"

"Apparently over a month,"

"What?" she frowned at me.

"We've been so busy lately,"

"How are you even functioning, the last time you went that long without was, well you were a ,"

"You have such a way with words," I tolled my eyes.

"So the present," she changed the subject.

"I didn't forget," I shook my head,

"So you just didn't get him anything?"

"No, I got him something. Well I got me something that's for him," I shrugged.

"Like?"

INSOO

"So what do you think they're talking about?" Young Pyo asked.

"Hopefully not our lack of life,"

"Yeah, that's probably exactly what they're talking about," he laughed.

"Awesome, so are you two in on what she's planning?"

"What?"

"There is no way she's not planning something, or at least helping Seyong,"

"Oh, that. They was suppose to be a party tomorrow but Jiyeon made Seyong cancel it," he shrugged.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, she didn't want to upset you and you said you didn't want it so she had Seyong cancel it all,"

"And how do you know this?"

"Originally we were suppose to cancel on you today and reschedule for tomorrow to act as a decoy,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, but she just wants you to enjoy your birthday, she did want to do something for you but you wanted this so that's what you're getting. A boring lunch with us and no party, I don't even think you're getting a cake,"

SEYONG

"Cake," I stated placing the box down on the bench that was pretty much already full of food.

"Thank you,"  Eunji let out a soft sigh of relief.

"And decorations as promised," I held up the plastic bag.

"I'm almost done here, can you start with those? EunBi can help, I can take over once I'm done here,"

"You finish cooking, then go shower and get ready, relax for a bit. EunBi and I can handle this,"

"Are you sure?" she frowned.

"Yes, seriously, you've already done so much, what's a few balloons?" I shrugged.

"Okay, oh, probably keep them out of sight,"

"We've got this," I nodded.

She finished whatever she was cooking before heading upstairs.

"Has she been like that all day?" I asked EunBi when I heard the shower start.

"Yeah, she's been a little off," she nodded.

"Off how?"

"Nervous, absent; something's up with her but she doesn't want to talk about it. Or at least she said it was nothing when I asked her if she was okay," she shrugged blowing air into a purple balloon.

"I'll talk to her later, let's just get this done,"

EUNJI

I let the water run down my back, maybe this wasn't going to work. Seyong didn't seem to think it would, or at least that's the way is seems. He has to be doubting it. Why else would he ask me why I liked him? Or why we were dating? He's never really been committed before, and it's not like he's used to waiting for , maybe we're not such a great idea. I mean, I'm not exactly the girl he's accustomed to, we've been awkward and weird ever since we started dating and maybe that's what has him second guessing this whole thing.

I sighed shutting the water off and getting out, maybe I was just being paranoid. I probably just let Kwangmin get in my head, which is just stupid. He's Kwangmin, that's what he's trying to do... Right?

"Hey Eunji?" I head EunBi on the other side of my bathroom door.

"One second," I got dressed into a grey and white stripped shirt with sleeve that stopped just above my elbows, with a burgundy skirt that sat on my waist and stopped about twenty centimeters above my knees.

"What's up?" I opened the bathroom door, towel trying my hair.

"Would it be okay if I borrow some clothes? I don't really want to go all the way back to the apartment to get mine, but I will if I have too," she fiddled with the corner of a loose page in the pile of homework she was holding.

"Put all of that on the desk and go see what you can find," I shrugged nodding,

"Thank you," she beamed.

I finished towel drying my hair, I ran some heat protect treatment through it before pulling out the hair dryer, after my hair was dry I plugged in the curling wand to finish the job. EunBi had found something to wear and gotten dressed while I was waiting for the curler to heat up.

"Is this okay?" she asked, she was wearing something similar to me, but it was a grey jumper with a toy soldier on the front, and a leather skirt.

"It looks good," I nod as I curled loose waves into my short hair.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she frowned at me.

"I'm fine"

"You just seem, off,"

"I'm just tired, I'll be fine,"

"Maybe I should have helped and finished my homework later,"

"EunBi, really it's okay,"

"I just feel bad,"

"Well stop, do you want me to do your hair?"

"You're doing your own," she frowned.

"It's pretty much done, the perks to short hair," I shrug.

"If you don't mind," she nodded.

"Come on," I ushered her into the room.

JIYEON

"This food is so lame," Su Min pushed her plate away pretty much on queue, we were running a little late but we had to make sure Insoo didn't figure it out and it's not like he's stupid. Besides it had taken them almost an hour just to serve our food.

"Why?" Young Pyo frowned.

"Cardboard has more taste," she shrugged.

"So you're not going to eat it?"

"No," she shook her head.

"She's not wrong," Insoo agreed.

"You know what we should do? We should; rent a movie or something, go back to your apartment and order pizza, and buy cake because it's not a birthday without cake, plus I really want cake," Su Min rambled on.

"That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea," Insoo nodded.

"Really?" I frowned.

"Yeah, why?"

"I offered to buy cake and you didn't want it," I raised and eyebrow.

"I didn't mean the cake specifically," he frowned.

"Just remember we have to pick your sister up on the way,"

"Right, why did she go to the dorm?" he looked at me skeptically.

"Because she leaves tomorrow and Eunji was helping her with her homework,"

"That's all?"

"You said you didn't want a party, so we cancelled it, if you want we can go straight to the apartment and I walk over to get EunBi,"

"No, it's fine we'll pick her up," he sighed.

"Okay,"

***

"We'll see you at the apartment," Insoo called over his shoulder to Su Min and Young Pyo as we were leaving the restaurant.

"We'll get the cake and Pizza and meet you there," Young Pyo called back.

We got in the car and drove in silence, it was probably a half an hour drive to get to the dorm. Why we'd gone to a restaurant this far away was beyond me, we were probably already going to be 10-20 minutes late. I was surprised Seyong hadn't messaged me yet.

INSOO

"Are you going to stay in the car, or are you going to come in and let Seyong wish you a happy birthday?" Jiyeon raised an eyebrow, she looked a little annoyed but she just sounded tired.

"Are you mad at me?" I frowned.

"No, I just want to go home a sleep for a year,"

"Okay, well let's go get EunBi, I'll say a quick hello to Seyong then we'll go back to the apartment and you can go sleep while I entertain Su Min and Young Pyo," I offered.

At the start of the day I'd thought there would be some kind of set up for one of Seyong's plans but after Young Pyo's comment, and Jiyeon's mood, plus the face there were literally no cars or any sign of a party, I guess I was just being paranoid.

"Are you sure? I can just run in and get her?" she yawned.

"If I don't go in then Seyong will get all whiny about it, or he'll come out here and talk for like half an hour,"

"Okay, well go say hi to your girlfriend and I'll get your sister," she stated getting out of the car.

We made our way to the front door then continued in, the house was quiet but was full of different smells, there was no way that was just something being made for dinner.

"Crap," I muttered.

"What?" she frowned at me.

"I fell for it didn't I?" I sighed.

"What? Oh that, the university is fundraising to fix the auditorium, Eunji has been cooking all day. You can wait in the car if you like," she shrugged like it as nothing.

"Anyone home?" she called.

"In the lounge room," Seyong called back.

We walked through to the lounge room, I noticed the dinning room door was closed, that door is never closed, I didn't even know it had a door.

SEYONG

I heard them walking through the lounge room, I was sitting on the lounge clicking through the channels, it seemed like a normal day, if you ignore my outfit. Everyone else was hiding in either the garage or the dinning room, their cars had all been parked around the corner out of view.

"Hey, you look fancy," Jiyeon stated.

"I decided to take Eunji on a date, try and get rid of some awkwardness, but she is still getting ready, she locked the bathroom door and keeps saying she'll be ready in a few minutes, at least that's what she said the last time I knock, half an hour ago," I sighed trying to sound disappointed.

"Where's EunBi?"

"She's finishing the last of her assignments upstairs in Eunji's room, she tried to talk to her but same response," I shrugged.

"I'll go see if I can get her out for you," Jiyeon stated, which really meant she was going to go bring out everyone to surprise Insoo who should be sure nothing is going on by now.

"Thanks,"

INSOO

"Oh, happy birthday," Seyong gave a small smile.

"You seriously didn't plan anything this year?"

"Jiyeon had a fit at me, she's kind of scary. Don't tell her that," he shrugged.

"Wow," I frowned.

No less than two seconds later, there was singing coming down the hallway and from the kitchen as people emerged from the dinning room singing happy birthday. Young Pyo and Su Min has some how found their in. I let out a sigh, this is what I'd expected, not nearly as planned but there was no way Seyong was going to just let my birthday go by without a party, he never has. I was kind of irritated that once again, no one had listened to me.

"Happy Birthday," Jiyeon lent in kissed me, then whispered in my ear.

"You'll have to wait for your present, EunBi is going to stay here tonight so I can give you it," she whispering was so seductive I literally almost finished there.

"It's not that kind of party guys," Jinwoon smirked from the group of people.

It wasn't a huge group, just a handful of people; Su Min, Young Pyo, Jinwoon, B. Bomb, Jaehyo, Daeil, J.Heart, a girl hanging from J.Heart's arm that I didn't recognize but assumed was his girlfriend, EunBi, Zelo, and other guy I didn't recognize but he seemed close with Zelo and Eunji. Plus the rest of MYNAME were here too.

JIYEON

He put on a smile which was definitely fake, he was not happy right now but he was going to be polite. Maybe I shouldn't have helped with this.? I thought whispering in his ear might have loosened him up a little but he still seemed tense.

"Hey, happy birthday man, this is Solji. Solji, this is Insoo and his girlfriend,"

"Jiyeon, I know," she interrupted him.

"You guys have met?" J.Heart frowned.

"We work at the same company," I nodded.

"She's seriously good, we've done a couple shoots together. No one would believe she wasn't a pro," Solji stated.

"That's because she's Jiyeon, no one would believe she's a model," Daehyun spoke from behind them.

"With legs like that?" Jinwoon stated with a frown.

"That's my sister," Gunwoo frowned.

SEYONG

Everyone was introduced to each other, the whole time Insoo stood there smiling and talking but I could see how annoyed he was. Eunji had secluded herself from everyone else to start pulling out the dishes she'd cooked today, she was still kind of off and avoiding me.

Insoo looked over at me and gave me an annoyed look, I guess maybe this wasn't the best idea. But it's too late now and who doesn't like food and presents? He'll get over it.

"Hey," I made my way over to her.

"Hey," she didn't look up.

"So, you did a good job on all the food,"

"Thanks,"

"This is awkward, huh?"

She stopped what she was doing and turned around to look at me, she was biting he bottom lip.

EUNJI

He really was second guessing this.

"Uh, kind of," I answered carefully.

"Should we talk about it?"

"What do you mean?" I swallowed hard.

"Well, we didn't start being awkward until we started dating," he paused looking for the right words.

"Do you want to stop dating?"  I frowned.

"What? No," he looked shocked.

"Why do you?"

"No," I shook my head.

"I just think we're thinking about what we should be doing or worrying about what we're not doing, we should just take it slow, figure it out as we go. If we're feeling awkward about something maybe we should just talk about it instead of letting it get more awkward,"

"When did you become a grown up?" I laughed, it was the first time since the camping trip he'd had some kind of serious speech.

"I'm a grown up," he pouted.

"Sure you are," I nodded my head.

"So we're okay?"

"We take is slow, and figure it out as we go,"' I agreed.

***

Everyone was relaxing and taking, Jiyeon had amerced herself in a conversation with Solji and Su Min. Zelo and EunBi were sitting on the lounge joking about something with Chaejin and JunQ. Daehyun had found himself in the Busan group, well the majority were from Busan; Daeil, B. Bomb, Jaehyo, and Seyong. J.Heart had migrated to talk with Insoo, Young Pyo, Gunwoo, and Jinwoon. Everyone was so focused on what they were doing that they didn't notice me pull the cake from the fridge and light the candles, well everyone except Jiyeon and Seyong who kept looking the check on me because I wasn't, as they put it 'including myself' but I'd gone around to pretty much everyone, I'd even sat and talked to the Busan group for pretty much an hour, though I'm not sure Seyong was so okay with that.

I ushered them over, Jiyeon excused herself from the girls and picked up the cake, Seyong started singing happy birthday for the second time tonight. Everyone joined in and Jiyeon stood in front of Insoo who reluctantly waited for everyone to sing before blowing out the candles, she smirked at him swiping her finger across the cake and putting icing across the side of his face.

INSOO

In all the night wasn't so bad, I mean I was still annoyed that no one listened to me but the night it's self was kind of fun. We stayed at the dorm for about an hour after everyone else left before we left ourselves.

I'd just finished putting the piano mother had set me together in the spare room, EunBi had stayed at the dorm because Jiyeon had a present for me but she was yet to give me anything. She's just gone to the bedroom when we got home, I sighed getting up from the floor of the spare bedroom and making my way into the kitchen to get myself a glass of milk.

"Insoo, where are you?" Jiyeon called from the bedroom.

"Kitchen," I turned around as she lent against the door way, I almost choked on the milk in my mouth, she was wearing a red and black corset with matching lace underwear.

"Happy birthday Oppa," she smirked, the cup slipped from my hand and shattered over the floor.

"Leave it," she laughed winking and ushering me into the bedroom.

I didn't need to be told twice.