Chapter Thirty Nine

Day By Day {MYNAME}

"Hey," Seyong came into the kitchen after his shower.

They'd gotten home late tonight, and pretty much every other night this week. They've been working non-stop both recording their debut album and learning the choreography.

Apparently, they were only going to get busier, they were supposed to start recording their music video four days from now, and their debut date was set for the 3rd of next month which was about two weeks or so.

"Dinner is almost ready," I gave him a small smile. He looked so tired.

"Chaejin just got in the shower," he nodded leaning on the counter, he sounded like he was getting sick but maybe that was from all the recording.

"You okay?"

"Just tired," he yawned nodding.

"Do you have a day off soon?"

"We have a day off the day after tomorrow, well everyone else does, Insoo and I are going to be on Dream Team," he yawned.

"You don't sound so happy about that,"

"No I am, I was actually wondering if you would come and watch?"

It had been a week since Insoo's birthday and most of our awkwardness was gone, I mean we could sit on the lounge together and hold hands and it was comfortable. But that's about as far as our skinship had gone. It was still a little weird, but he was being great about it, he wasn't pushing anything.

"Sure," I nodded letting out a yawn.

"You know you don't have to stay up and cook us dinner," he frowned.

"None of you can cook, and it's not that late,"

"It's almost 1, beside Insoo can kind of cook, and Chaejin and JunQ are pretty good in the kitchen," he shrugged.

"You've all been working all day, the most I've done is study for some tests,"

"You could have just cooked and left it for us to heat up,"

"I couldn't sleep anyway, the house was too, quiet," I shrugged.

"Still having trouble sleeping without Jiyeon here?"

"Kind of," I admitted with a sigh.

"I'm sure if you tell her she'll come and stay a few nights,"

"That wouldn't help with getting used to her not being here,"

"Well you can't just not sleep,"

"I'll adjust, it'll just take a few days," I shrugged.

"It's been a few weeks," he pointed out.

"Can you go let everyone know dinner is pretty much ready?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Sure," he sighed.

Honestly, I was so tired. I was only getting a few hours sleep, I'd started having bad dreams again, and it was keeping me awake. Some nights I don't even try to sleep, I just stay up and study, if I'm not going to get any sleep then I may as well get some use out of the time. The only time I've actually slept a full night since Jiyeon left was when Seyong fell asleep in my bed.

SEYONG

We'd all sat down at the dining table, except Eunji, she'd claimed she wasn't hungry and just gone upstairs. After we ate, JunQ and Chaejin did the dishes, 'she cooked for us she doesn't need to wake up and do dishes too,' Chaejin had said, 'she could have just let us cook for ourselves and gone to bed,' JunQ had nodded in agreement. Gunwoo had sat down on the lounge and talked to me while they cleaned the kitchen.

"So you and Eunji?" he stated.

"Yeah, I kind of got the sense you weren't happy about it,"

"It doesn't bother me, Eunji wouldn't date you if she didn't see something in you, besides I'd be more worried about Jiyeon than me, she'll kill you if you hurt Eunji,"

"I know," I nodded.

"Do you think they'd let us do an alien concept for our debut?" he suddenly changed the subject.

"What?"

"The song's called 'Message' I think a forbidden love between and human and an alien would be cool, and it'd draw attention,"

***

Gunwoo had finally gone up to bed after explaining to me, in detail, what the music video could be like if the company were to let us go with his concept. Half of what he had said made no sense to me but he seemed to be pretty excited by the idea, and from what I did understand it sounded cool. I wonder if he knew the company wouldn't go for it?

I let out a sigh turning the TV off and making my way upstairs. I was going to go straight to bed, it was about 2:30 and we had to be up at five for dance practise and to re-record part of the song. But I could see the light from beneath Eunji's door, I hesitated before giving in and knocking. She didn't answer. I knocked again, a little louder this time but still nothing. Carefully I opened the door slightly.

She was sprawled across her bed, lying on her stomach, feet swinging up and down, headphones in, and she had her glasses on again. She'd been doing that a lot lately. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, the rest was tied up in a messy bun. She hadn't noticed me standing there, her focus was on the textbook she was reading. She tapped her pen on the book, I'm assuming to the beat of the song she was listening too.

I slowly backed out of the doorway, but she looked up before I could leave, a small smile formed on her lips and see pulled the earphones from her ears sitting up.

"Hey, don't you have work tomorrow?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I was just making sure you didn't fall asleep with the light on. I did knock, twice,"

"Oh, yeah I can't hear anything else but the music when I have these in,"

"You're not going to sleep?"

"I have to study, what with the school year ending. Exams," she shrugged.

"Do you want some company while you study then?"

"Shouldn't you get some sleep?"

"What are you? The sleep police?" I smirked.

"Yep, I'll handcuff you to your bed," she rolled her eyes, then her face turned bright pink as she realised what she'd said. Wide-eyed she focused her attention on the book now sitting in her lap.

"Well I have enough history being arrested so I probably shouldn't get my self a criminal record, good night Eunji," I smirked at her.

"You can stay, if you want," she still didn't look up.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm not going to sleep anytime soon," she shrugged.

I hesitated before walking into her room properly, she moved over slightly so she was sitting more to her left than in the centre of the bed. Her cheeks were still a little pink, I wasn't sure if that was still from her comment or because we were sitting this close together. She focused down on her book, pushing her glasses up her nose but they seemed to slide back down slightly. She let out a sigh.

"Why'd you start wearing your glasses more?" I asked trying to fill the silence and feed my curiosity at the same time.

"I need to go and get new contacts, I just haven't got around to it yet," she shrugged still looking down at her textbook.

"I like your glasses,"

"They're inconvenient sometimes," she comments, I just nod.

"So I was thinking that after dream team we go to lunch, well it will probably be dinner?"

"Okay,"

"Just the two of us," she froze as she was turning the page, I swear she stopped breathing for a second.

"Okay," she said slowly, reluctant which make me regret asking

"We don't have to, I just thought because we haven't really gone out you might like it. But if you don't want to then we don't have to,"

"No, I want to," she looked at me this time, all reluctance disappeared from her voice.

"Okay," I let out a sigh of relief lying back on the bed, turning my head slightly to look at her, a small smile tugging at her lips, her pillow smelt like pomegranate, I felt myself getting tired but I didn't want to get up yet.

EUNJI

"Can you wake me up if I fall asleep?" he mumbled.

"Sure," I nodded but he as already out.

I could have woken him up but then he would have gone to his own room and I'd be alone, besides I didn't mind him sleeping here. It was a big bed, and he didn't really move. Maybe I was begin selfish wanting him to sleep here so I could sleep, should I wake him up?

I sighed picking my books up and carefully getting off the bed to put it all on my desk, I stood next to the bed for a while looking at his sleeping body. His chest slowly rose and fell, I watched debating whether to wake him or just lay down next to him and actually get some sleep.

SEYONG

I could hear my alarm go off, but it was in a different room, I sighed stretching as much as I could with an arm over my chest. I opened my eyes to a sleeping Eunji, she'd covered me with the stripped pink and blue blanket that's normally folded across the bottom of her bed, while she was under her own soundlessly.

My alarm kept going off, reluctantly I pulled myself from her grasp sliding a pillow into the spot I'd just been lying in. I quietly made my way out the bedroom door as Insoo came up the stairs. He watched me carefully, frowning.

"What are you doing?" he crossed his arms over his chest raising an eyebrow at me.

EUNJI

My phone started ringing on the bedside table, I ignored it but it just kept ringing. I'd honestly half expected it to be Kwangmin.

"Yes?" I sighed.

"Get up sleeping beauty or we're going to be late," Ricky stated.

"Who is this?"

"You're not funny,"

"Seriously, I mean you sound like Ricky but he's been too busy lately to call me, he barely messages me back," I yawn sitting up.

"That's work for you,"

"You message Zelo, I'm beginning to think you don't love us the same,"

"How are you even a pain when you're half asleep?" he sighed.

"I'm talented,"

"I'm on my way to you now,"

"Okay, I'm going to get ready," I yawned again.

"See you soon,"

I hung up and got out of bed, I stretched turning to face the bed, the blanket I'd put over Seyong last night was folded back over the end of the bed, a pile of material at on top with a note.

It was a white rectangular piece of paper with two cats cuddling in the top corner it read; It's cold outside, wear a jumper - Seyong.

I unfolded the pile of material, it was the blue jumper I'd bought him a while ago. I think I wear it more than he does though, he only ever really wants it back after it's been washed and I've worn it once or twice. Not that it bothered me, it was his jumper and I like it better when it smelt like him, not in the gross he's been sweating in it kind of way, more in the, he has worn it around the house and it smells like his perfume.

I found myself smiling, placed the jumper back down on my bed and made my way into the wardrobe I pulled out a pair of light blue denim skinny jeans and a plain grey tee shirt. I threw them on the bed with Seyong's jumper before heading into the shower.

SEYONG

"So are you going to tell me what you were doing in Eunji's room this morning?" Insoo asked drinking half the bottle of water in his hand.

"I fell asleep," I shrugged.

"Really?"

"Really, I was going to bed, her light was on and she said I could sit for a while. I told her to wake me if I fell asleep but instead I woke up with her sleeping next to me,"

"Why wouldn't she wake you?" he frowned.

"I don't think she wanted to sleep alone, she's having trouble adjusting to Jiyeon not being there but I don't think that's all of it,"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, it just seems like more than that,"

"Maybe Jiyeon should come and stay at the dorm,"

"I suggested that but Eunji just said there was no point and she just needed to get used to Jiyeon not being there and she'd be fine,"

EUNJI

I pulled the jumper over my head, pocketed my phone and wallet then headed downstairs just as someone knocked on the door. I opened it, Ricky standing on the other side with a smile.

"Hey,"

"Hey, I'll just get my shoes and we can go," I made my way to the shoe cupboard and pulled out a pair of red ankle high converses, slipping them on my feet.

"Good to go?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yep," I nodded following him out the door locking it on my way.

"So how are you classes going with you not being here to attend them?' I raised my eyebrow as we walked side by side down the footpath towards the university.

"I've managed to get it all done, I just email it through to the lecturer, it's only the practical stuff I have to do now but he doesn't think I'll have an issue with that,"

"What about your performance piece?"

"I'm doing it as a solo but I'm glad the showcase isn't until the first semester back otherwise I'm not sure I'd be able to perform,"

"Getting ready for another tour?" I sighed.

"No, we've got a pretty lengthy break but I've been offered a role in a musical, it'll only be for a few weeks but it's a good opportunity,"

"You know what else is good?"

"What?"

"Sleep, rest,"

"Yeah okay mum,"

"Replying to your best friend when she messages you," I poked my tongue out at him.

"Okay, I get it I've been a bad friend lately, what's been going on with you? Is that's Seyong guy still being a pain?"

"I didn't tell you?" I frowned.

"Tell me what?"

"My god it has been a while since we actually talked," Imuttered to myself.

"Are you going to fill me in or just talk to yourself?"

"Sorry, Seyong and I are on good terms now, it's a bit of a long story and honestly I'm not even sure how it happened, but we're dating now,"

"I'm sorry, what?" he stopped walking.

"Yeah," I nodded,

"For how long?"

"A few weeks now," I answered as he began walking again.

"I need details, from start to finish. I mean, seriously, the last time we talked you were avoiding him like the plague and now you're dating him? You've never dated in your life,"

"Wait weren't you with Kwangmin and Minwoo when he answered the door?"

"Well yeah but I just thought Kwangmin was being, well Kwangmin and Minwoo was just stirring him up,"

"Okay, well I'll fill you in after class. Unless you have somewhere to be?"

"Yeah I do," he nodded.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, we're having lunch," he smirked.

"Sometimes I want to slap you," I shook my head at him.

***

"Fundraisers?" One of the girls to my right looked at the director sceptically.

"Yes, it's the only way we're going to get the auditorium done on time, and it will boost your grade. Does anyone have any ideas?"

"We could do a car wash," a guy down the back, I think his name was Jung Dae Ha, smirked, his friend high five him.

"We're in Korea, not America," A girl to my left rolled her eyes.

"So? Who's not going to stop just to see attractive girls and guys washing their cars?" he raised his eyebrow.

"It's so like you to come up with something like that you ," the girl right in front of my muttered.

"You look good in a bikini,"

"This is why we're not dating anymore," she huffed ignoring him.

"We're not dating anymore because you slept with my friend," he counted, the whole class was sitting quietly as their drama played out for everyone to see.

"No, you accused me of sleeping with your friend because that what she told you," she pointed to the girl sitting so close to him you would barely a piece of paper between them.

"What reason would she have to lie?"

"Are you that stupid?"

"We could do a bake sale," a girl in the back stated.

"Of course you'd say that," he rolled his eyes.

"Enough, this is not productive. I want at least two ideas from everyone before you leave today, neither including anything inappropriate or something that would make one of your peers uncomfortable, better get thinking," he stated leaving the room.

"Any ideas?" Zelo asked,

"We could not do it?" I stated.

"You can't avoid dancing with Kwangmin," Ricky frowned.

"We could lock him in a wardrobe and I'll dance in his place," Youngmin offered.

"You don't know the steps," Minwoo pointed out.

"Where is he anyway?"

"Sick, our manager took him to the hospital this morning because his fever was so high," Minwoo answered.

"He's a liar, he had the heat pack on his face when I went in there,"

"Why would he do that?" I asked.

"To avoid you, he's pouty over the whole Seyong opening the door ," Youngmin shrugged.

"This is so stupid," Dae Ha whined.

"Why? Because you're not getting your way?"

"No, because no one is going to agree on something,"

"You don't know that,"

The whole room was bickering, the couple whose names I'd forgotten were arguing about what I assume broke them up. I was going to get up and leave when Ui Jin, who'd been sitting down the front quietly talking with his friend the whole time, stood up. He frowned at the rest of the room crossing his arms over his chest. We'd gone to high school together, he's been our class president so I wasn't really surprised when he tried to get some order in the room.

"Hey!" he shouted, everyone stopped talking.

"This isn't helping us,"

"So what would you suggest?" Dae Ha raised an eyebrow.

"You all have fairly different idea's, but for the most part, they're American-based," he paused.

"All you're telling us is we all watched some western tv," Dae Ha shrugged.

"My point is that if we combine your ideas everyone will get what they want,"

"Combined how?" Ricky asked, he's had a crush on Ui Jin for so long.

"We'll hold an American themed carnival," he shrugged as if it were that simple.

"How is that going to work?" Dae Ha frowned.

"We'll take everyone's ideas and have different booths for them. For you; we can have the girls sit above a pool of water, and people can pay to throw balls at a target that triggers them to drop into the water. You might not get girls in bikinis but them being wet is the same principle,"

"Okay, I'm in," Dae Ha nodded after thinking about it.

"Anyone opposed?"

"Where are we going to get these booths?" someone down the back asked.

"There are plenty of booths, they are use for the Club fair every year, there shouldn't be a problem using them,"

Once everyone was in agreement we rearranged ourselves into a circle and started brainstorming ideas, by the time the director got back, we had a list of booths and who would be assigned to each booth, we also had a list of things we would need.

"This is great, but alone it's not going to cover the cost of the repairs,"

"We thought you'd say that, that's why we have this," Ui Jin handed him another list of separate fundraisers. The idea was for there to be one every other day with each person rotating the responsibility.

"The plan is to do these while we prepare for the carnival that we thought we could hold at the end of the month as a sort of end of year party, everyone will have either finished exams or graduated so they're been relieved and eager to have some fun, they'll spend more money and we should have no problem reaching the goal, then they school has three months to get the repairs done," Ui Jin explain.

"Why are you in this course? You would have aced business," the Director stated.

***

"So, you and Seyong?" Ricky raised his eyebrow as he and I made our way out the front gate, Zelo had dance practise but was going to try and meet us for lunch in a few hours.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"What changed from you hating him to you dating him?"

"Honestly, I don't know. He as seriously lovely when he wasn't trying to sleep with me, he's funny and sweet. I don't even know when he stopped being an about it. I got sick and he helped me, then this guy who was trying to get with Jiyeon forced himself on me and Seyong saved me from that and then after that he got really weird then he got really sweet but I'd already developed feelings for him by then," I shrugged.

"So when he opened the door shirtless and we the other morning" Ricky gave me a concerned look.

"No, we haven't even kissed yet, let alone slept together, well, I mean he's slept in my bed a few times but completely clothes and he didn't do it on purpose,"

"From what I've heard he's not one to commit, now he's celibate? What did you do to the guy?" Ricky smirked.

"Nothing," I shrugged.

"Has he at least taken you out on a date?"

"No, I mean we're going out to dinner tomorrow,"

"What are you wearing?"

"I don't know," I shrugged getting worried.

"Seriously?"

"I hadn't thought about it,"

"Why not?"

"Because then I start to freak out and think about cancelling,"

"You're so adorably hopeless, we're going shopping,"

"Why? I have clothes at home,"

"We've got to wait for Zelo anyway, besides we haven't hung out it way too long and you need a me approved outfit," he stated.

"Okay," I sighed.

"Well that didn't take a lot of convincing," he frowned.

"I'm too tired to be stubborn," I shrugged.

"Are you studying all night again?"

"What else am I going to do?"

"Sleep?"

"I can't,"

"Are you still getting used to being on your own?"

"Not really, I am pretty much used to Jiyeon not being there, but my dreams have come back and every time I think I'll get some sleep they jolt me awake and then I can't bring myself to sleep again,"

"How much sleep are you getting?"

"With the exception of last night, I think I've had maybe 8 hours,"

"That's a good amount," he frowned.

"All week,"

"You've had 8 hours sleep the past five days? That's less than two hours a night, how are you functioning?"

"No I had eight hours sleep in total for four days, I slept really well last night, not a single bad dream. It's probably a good thing you called or I might have slept all day,"

"What was different about last night?"

"Seyong slept in my bed,"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, it's the only time I'm getting a full night sleep recently, is if Seyong happened to fall asleep in my room," I nod.

***

"I could have picked something like this out of my own wardrobe," I frowned down at the outfit Ricky had put together; dark denim jeans, plain white tee shirt, long grey cardigan.

"Now she's stubborn," he frowned.

"I'm not, I'm just saying. What's the point in buy something I've probably got already?"

"Probably," he looked at me sceptically,

"You look good, what's the occasion?" Zelo asked sitting down next to Ricky.

"She has a date tomorrow,"

"Oh really?"

"Mm, Seyong's taking me to dinner after his Dream Team schedule," I nodded.

"You're going to wear that all day in the sun?"

"Don't look at me, I'm not longer in control Queen Ricky is the boss," I shrugged.

"I resent that statement, just because I'm gay doesn't mean I'm a queen," he frowned.

"Regardless, do you really think that's the best choice?"

"It's only option one," Ricky defended himself.

"In this store," I huffed.

"Go change," he ushered me away.

"Can't we go eat?" I whined.

"After you try on the other outfits," he mimicked my whining.

"Zelo," I pouted.

"Now who likes Zelo more?" Ricky playfully glared.

"You're so mean to me," I muttered

I returned to the changing room and tried on another outfit which kind of felt a little too formal for a date; high-waisted black skirt, white button down dress shirt and a navy blazer.

"What? Is she going to a business meeting? Or a job interview?" Zelo raised an eyebrow,

"I was giving her options," he rolled his eyes.

"She looks too professional,"

"She looks good,"

"She does, but it's not really a date look,"

"She's right here," I huffed.

"Go change," Ricky sighed.

"Last one and then I'm going to eat," I stated.

"Fine,"

"It would have just been easier to look through my own wardrobe," I muttered turning around.

I sighed going back to change again; Black and white flowy skirt, not too long but not too short, tight fitted plan back tee shirt.

"That's better," Zelo nodded,

"For the day time, what happens when its starts to get colder at night?"

"Stockings," Zelo shrugged.

"And a jumper," Ricky nodded.

"So can I eat now?"

"If you're happy with it," Ricky shrugged.

"Yep,"

I was happy with several outfits today, and so was he. I think he was just trying to drag out the day because we hadn't seen each other properly in so long. Which was fine but I think he got a little annoyed with the criticism of outfits he picked, then again normally he just walks in and we walk out five minutes later with a full outfit, maybe he as purposely choosing outfits that wouldn't work.

JIYEON

"Hey, how's practise?" I asked as I sat down in the waiting room.

"Long, we just finished dance practise, we're heading down to the studio now,"

"I thought you'd finished recording?"

"There are some pitchy vocals apparently and Seyong's not happy with his rapping," he sounded tired.

"So what time do you think you'll be home?"

"I'm not sure, probably about the same time as last night,"

"Okay, I'll probably still be awake,

"You don't need to stay up and wait for me,"

"I have studying to do, what with graduating in less than a month," I pointed out.

"You two and you're studying," he sighed.

"Two?"

"Yeah, that's what Eunji's excuse is for not sleeping,"

"Excuse?"

"Seyong says she's barely been sleeping lately. She told him she was studying and still getting used to sleeping alone but he's worried it might be something else,"

"I'll talk to her,"

"Don't let her know he was the one who said anything, they're just starting the become comfortable with each other,"

"You underestimate my ability to pry information from my sister," I frowned.

"Okay, well I've got to go, I'll call you if I have a spare minute. If not I'll see you when I get home, make sure to eat and try to get some sleep,"

"I will," I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Bye,"

"Bye,"

I felt instantly guilty, he had been worried about me and making sure I was taking care of myself and I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting to go and see the doctor about the biggest secret I've ever kept from someone and the only secret I'm keeping from Insoo. The amount of times I've almost told him everything, but I know I can't, not now. There's been too much time, it's too late to tell him, I just have to live with the guilt because if I were to tell him now he would definitely leave me.

"Lee Jiyeon?" he called my name and I followed him into his office,

"So how have you been feeling?"

"Fine," I nodded.

"What about when you get your period? Any painful cramping? More so than normal?"

"Not really, but they're already pretty bad so I couldn't imagine them getting worse,"

"Have the dietary changes helped?"

"I haven't really made any changes," I answered honestly.

"Most patients are reluctant to try the changes because they don't really sound as though they'll help at all but they do make a difference, I would suggest at least making some small changed and possibly building up to the full lifestyle change rather than completely cutting out all the bad and starting to exercise,"

"What changes would I need to make?" I sighed.

"I'll get you a few information sheets and we'll go through them together,"