Chapter Thirty Three

Day By Day {MYNAME}

 

I yawned opening my eyes, we were still driving but the sun had set so it was dark now. Zelo had turned the radio on and let it play quietly probably to keep him awake.

"How long have I been asleep?" I yawned again.

"Just over an hour, were almost every there,"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep,"

"It's fine, how are you feeling?"

"My throats a little sore and my ears itch but that's probably from the singing today," I shrugged.

"You should give Ji a call, she rang about twenty minutes ago. I told her I'd get you to call her when you woke up unless we got there first,"

I just nodded picking up my phone.

"Hey sleepyhead,"

"Hey,"

"How are you feeling? Zelo said you were a little pale,"

"I'm fine," I frowned at Zelo.

"Okay, so how far away are you guys?"

"How far away are we?"

"Twenty minutes,"

SEYONG

Everyone was around the fire when the car finally arrived, they were all sitting except Jiyeon who'd started cooking dinner and myself and Insoo who had been appointed barbecue duty. Insoo jumped at the offer, apparently it was the first time Jiyeon had let him help cook.

I wanted to go help Eunji with her bags but Zelo was already doing it as she slowly got herself out of the car. Something seemed a little off about her, maybe she was just tired, Jiyeon had said she was asleep when she called.

"Oh my god," EunBi whispered.

"What?" Insoo and I both frowned at her.

"What? Nothing," she frowned and quickly got up making her way over to Eunji. Since when were they close?

"I didn't think Eunji and EunBi were friends," Insoo frowned at Jiyeon.

"They're not, EunBi likes Zelo genius," Jiyeon stated.

"Why?" Insoo frowned at Zelo.

"How am I suppose to know?" she muttered continuing to cook what I assumed was soup.

"I got it, go sit down," Zelo took the bag from Eunji who frowned at him.

"Which cabin Ji?" Zelo asked.

"I'll show you," EunBi smiled.

"Middle one," Insoo called out frowning at his sister.

"Thanks," Zelo called back.

"Hey Ji," Eunji yawned hugging her sister from behind and resting her chin on Jiyeon's shoulder.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm just tired,"

"Go sit by the fire, dinner is almost done," Jiyeon suggested.

"Do you need help?"

"No, we've got it under control,"

"Okay," Eunji yawned pulling her sleeves over her hands.

***

Dinner was made and everyone was sitting around the fire eating, Jiyeon and Insoo were off in there own little world though Insoo was keeping a close eye on Zelo who was talking to EunBi. Gunwoo was on the phone, Chaejin and JunQ were playing some game and I was sitting next to Eunji who had been unusually quiet since she got here.

"So, how did your school thing go?"

"It was okay, we had to show the director if we had actually done the assignment seeing as they have suspicions that someone damaged the auditorium on purpose, so we ran through our performance a few times then he gave us some pointers, stuff to work before the showcase," her breathing sounded a little strained.

"Are you okay?"

"Everyone keeps asking me that," she frowned her voice was a little hoarse.

"You just seem a little off," I shrugged.

"I'm just tired, and my throat kind of hurts," she shrugged.

"Don't get sick," I frowned pulling my leather jacket off and dropping it over her shoulders.

EUNJI

"Thanks, but I think I'm just going to go to bed," I shrugged his jacket off and got up.

I rinsed my dishes off and made my way over to Jiyeon.

"Hey Ji, I'm going to go to bed,"

"Okay, your in the bed closest to the door, EunBi is on the lounge and I'm in between you," she explained.

"Alright, what about Zelo?"

"I'll sort him out, go sleep," she ushered me away.

I walked into the cabin and collapsed onto the bed wiggling around until I was under the blanket. I was quick to drift of to sleep, but not before over thinking what he meant by 'don't get sick'.

***

I woke up in an empty cabin, I would have assumed I'd only been asleep an hour if the sun wasn't shining through the gap in the curtain. I felt worse than I had yesterday afternoon. I could feel the cold breeze but I was still sweating and my nose was stuffy. The itch in the back of my throat had me feeling like I was going to cough every time I breathed in which I was trying to avoid, coughing I mean, not breathing. The few times I had coughed made the headache in the front of my head pound more.

I crawled out of bed deciding to get some fresh air. There was no one outside, the entire place was deserted. I frowned walking down the path, I could see them all playing in the lake. I didn't see the point in going down there but it was nice outside so I went and got my headphones and my iPod and decided to lay in one of the chairs by the fire pit. I checked the time, 3:pm, I slept all day?

SEYONG

We got out of the water and made our way back up to the cabins.

"Do you think Eunji is awake yet?" Zelo asked.

"I don't know, she had a bit of a fever when I checked her head last night. She seemed okay this morning though," Jiyeon shrugged.

"Do you want me to drive down and get her some medicine?" Insoo offered.

"We'll just see how she is when she wakes up,"

"She's already awake," I stated pointing at her lying in the chair.

"Can you go check on her for me?" Jiyeon asked giving me a look.

"Sure," I frowned at her.

They continued walking up to the cabins and I sat in the chair next to her, I just looked at her for a while, she seemed into her music. I leant over and took the headphones from her ears and stuck one in mine.

EUNJI

"Hey," I frowned coughing slightly.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, can I have my iPod back please?"

"This song is kind of boring,  the lyrics are kind of bland and the voice is a little pitchy. Who is this?" he frowned looking at the iPod, none of my tracks were named because they were just bits and pieces that I recorded, I listen through them sometimes to see if I can extend any of them into full length songs.

"Wait is this you?" he frowned looking at the screen saver then looked me up and down, I raised an eyebrow at him. There was a photo of Jiyeon and me from 5 years ago.

"Don't get me wrong, I wasn't looking at your body, I was just checking to see if you'd been working out, you look like you've lost weight," he rambled. I just sighed getting up to go back to the cabin.

"Wait, your iPod!" he called, I turned looking at him.

"Nice body by the way," he smirked, he was one to talk. He was wearing black shorts and no shirt, and he was dripping wet.

"Are you going to give me my iPod?"

"Okay here," he handed it out to me, I walked over to grab it and he took a step back.

"I'm not giving it back," he taunted.

"Seyong" I sighed.

"Come get it," he jogged away, I sighed turning away I wasn't really in the mood for playing right now.

I turned around to say something and seen him fake a fall, there was a thump and then Seyong was holding onto his ankle whining loudly. Maybe he hadn't faked it, though it did sounded like he wanted attention more than he was actually in pain.

"Take a look at it," he continued whine. I sighed rolling my eyes and walking over to him.

"Why aren't you worried about me?" he frowned.

"Because you're fine," I stated picking up my iPod from next to him.

"Wait," he stated as I went to walk away.

"What?" I sighed.

"Help me up?" he pouted.

I held my hands out and helped him up, once he was standing he didn't let go of my hands, instead he pulled me into a hug. The water dripping down his chest socked into the cardigan I was wearing.

"Seyong," I sighed.

I frowned and made my way back up to the cabin.

JIYEON

I shook my head watching Eunji come back up this way and Seyong frowning after her. She coughed slightly making her way into our cabin.

"How are you feeling?" I asked following her.

"Honestly? Like crap," she sighed.

"Okay, change into some pants and a dry jumper then come sit put by the fire pit, I'll make you something to eat, and send Insoo to get you some medicine,"

"Ji, it's just a but if a cold. I don't need medicine," she stated getting changed into what I told her too,

"At least come eat some soup,"

"Okay," she nodded.

I made my way back out to Seyong who was sitting dripping wet on one of the chairs.

"So that didn't go so well," I sat next to him.

"I was just joking," he shrugged.

"She's grumpy because she getting sick, and you took her iPod, insulted her work, and then wet her,"

"Her work?"

"The songs on that iPod are all her own compositions and stuff," I nodded.

"Oh,"

"And if you were worried about her thinking you were hitting on her again then you probably shouldn't have checked her out,"

"So now what?" he frowned.

"You can go get changed and help me make her soup,"

SEYONG

"You're seriously bad at this," Jiyeon frowned at me.

I'd been helping her make Eunji soup, and by help I mean I'd already dropped the knife on my own foot, added sugar to the broth instead of salt, burnt rice that's in a timed cooker, and cut the onions wrong. How do you cut onions wrong?

"I don't do the cooking," I shrugged.

"Clearly, maybe you should take some classes" she nodded.

"Why don't you just go get me a bowl?" she asked as if I were a four year only.

EUNJI

"Here," Seyong handed me a bowl and a spoon.

"Take these," Jiyeon walked over handing me two painkillers.

"They'll drop the fever, Seyong helped with that by the way,"

"Thanks,"

"You get to sit with her," Jiyeon gave Seyong a look.

"I don't need a baby sitter," I frowned.

"Then think of it as he's keeping you company," she walked away.

"I can leave you alone if you want," he muttered.

"No, it's fine, " I shrugged.

"So earlier, I didn't mean any offence with what I said about your song, I was just joking around,"

"It's fine, I told you I wasn't that good at writing and composing, it's sort of a side thing,"  I lied, about it being a side thing. It's what I wanted to do but I honestly didn't think they were that good.

"That's not true, I listen to the song you contributed to on the B.A.P album and it's pretty good,"

"I didn't do much, Bang did most of the work,"

***

Seyong had sat with me for the last three hours, we kind of just started talking and joking. He felt a little bad when he'd make me laugh and I started coughing. He'd insisted on going and getting me some medicine but I'd convinced him to stay.

"I'll be right back," he smiled getting up to help Insoo build the fire, it had started getting dark.  The sun setting behind the lake was one of the prettiest things I'd seen in a long time.

"Hey you," Zelo sat down next to me, I'd barely seen him all day he'd been off with EunBi.

"Hey, so I see you're staying again,"

"Is that okay?" he frowned.

"Of course," I nodded.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

"No, I was but Seyong gave me his jumper to wear and they're about to start the fire so I'll be fine,"

"Oh so that is Seyong's jumper?" he smirked.

"Yeah?"

"I've just seen you wear it a lot,"

"Yeah, I bought it for him but I think I've worn it more," I shrugged.

"So you and EunBi,"

"She's pretty cool, I don't see why you don't like her. I mean I kind of get it but I think you two would be good friends,"

"I don't not like her,"

"Come on, the fact that you're jealous of her make you treat her coldly,"

"Do I?" I frowned, I hadn't noticed nor had I meant to.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Zelo? Can you give us a hand?" Insoo called out.

"You okay?" he turned to me, I nodded and he went off to help the other two light the fire.

Once the fire was lite Seyong ran up to the cabins, I was a little disappointed he didn't come sit back with me but I guess he must have other things he wants to do the sit with me all night. I closed my eyes leaning back in my chair and enjoying the heat and smell coming from the fire. Less than a minute later a blanket was placed over my lap, I opened my eyes to see Seyong sitting back down next to me.

"You looked kind of cold," he shrugged, I couldn't help but smile down at my lap.

"Thanks," I was actually getting hot rather than cold but I appreciated the thought.

"I'm kind of hot actually, I might go for a walk,"

"Are you sure?" he frowned.

"I've been sitting in this exact spot for almost four hours, I don't think it's going to kill me to stretch my legs,"

"Okay, let's go,"

"Seyong? Can you help me with this?" EunBi called him over

"I'll be back in a minute," I nodded,

He went of to help EunBi with whatever she needed help with, I don't know why she couldn't have asked her brother or Zelo seeing as they've gotten close now.

I waited almost ten minutes before I decided to get up and go to myself. I was sweating at this point and I really just wanted to go for a walk. He'd helped her then sat and chatted with her for a while, not that I blamed him it's not like he had to sit with me.

I sighed making my way down the path towards the lake.

SEYONG

"Do you remember the time you and Insoo.." EunBi started but Jiyeon came over and interrupted.

"Can you go with her?" she pointed at Eunji who was making her way toward the lake.

"I told her to wait a minute,"

"She'd been standing alone for a while, now's your chance," she nodded gesturing for me to follow her sister.

"Okay, I'm going,"

I got up from my seat and jogged down to Eunji, she seemed a little surprised to see me there. She'd pulled the sleeves of my jumper down over her hands and crossed them over her chest. We walked quietly for a moment until she almost tripped over something on the path. I caught her by the hand and stabilized her.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm not ever sure how many times I've been asked that today," she sighed starting to walk again but she didn't let go of my hand.

"Are you going to be okay walking down here?" I asked.

"I'm fine near water, just not in, above, or under it, so unless the lake decides to throw itself at me or someone throws me in, I'm fine," she shrugged.

I nodded and we continued walking.

EUNJI

I thought it was just the mix of blanket and fire that was making me so hot but I still felt like I was going to pass out. It was so cold tonight that I could see my own breath when I spoke but still I was sweating. The only ease from the heat were the cold flushes that would rush through me every now and then.

"Eunji?"

"Mmm?" I stopped walking, he was silent for a minute as if he were contemplating something.

"Are you okay?"

"I feel a little light headed, but I'm fine," I nodded.

"Do you want to go back?"

"No,"

"Okay, let's keep walking then,"

We walk with no sound but the echoing laughter from the rest who were still sitting around the fire.

"Eunji wait," the sudden noise scared me a little.

"There's nothing between us," he frowned letting go of my hand.

"Okay," A pit in my stomach formed, it's not that I'd expected him to like me it was just hard to hear he didn't.

"EunBi and I, I mean. It's just that our families are close and I've know her since she was born. But she's nothing more than a little sister, and we joke around which might look like we're flirting but we're not and I care about her but not like that,"

"Why am I even talking about her right now?" he sighed pacing.

"What I'm trying to say is she's not the one I kind of, no, not kind of," he groaned to himself.

"Seyong, I think," it was getting harder to breath and I'd become really dizzy.

"Just let me say this,"

"I know I wasn't the easiest person to live with in the beginning, and I made things hard for you," he frowned biting his bottom lip

"Why is this so hard to say?" he huffed at himself then turned to face me.

"I like you, Eunji, I really like you, sincerely,"

SEYONG

She was swaying, then her eyes rolled into the back if her head. I caught her as her body started to fall, I panicked scooping her up bridal style and running her back up to the cabin. Jiyeon frowned and followed me in as I place Eunji down on the bed.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, she just past out,"

EUNJI

I slowly opened my eyes, I was in the cabin, in my bed, but my head was on Seyong's lap. I frowned up at him,his head was leaning back against the wall, he seemed to be sleeping. I tried to sit up but his arm was draped over my shoulder, he stirred slightly so I decided just to lay there because I was worried if I moved too much he'd wake up. Everything was a little fuzzy and I still felt kind of dizzy, why was he even in my bed? I frowned, the last thing I remember from last night was... him confessing.

SEYONG

I woke up when she moved, to be honest I hadn't slept too much the night before. After I'd brought her back up to the cabin Jiyeon and Insoo had gone down to the shop to get her some medicine, she'd woken up in a bit of a daze when Jiyeon had woken her to take it. She'd ended up lying on my lap instead of her pillow seeing as I'd been sitting next to her making sure her temperature didn't get any higher.

"Seyong?" she asked quietly, I didn't answer because I figured if she thought I was asleep she'd go back to sleep herself.

"Why did it have to be you?" she sighed after a while.

"You seem to be the one that saves me from trouble, you were there when that guy tired to force himself on me, and then again when I got food poisoning, you've been taking care of me a lot lately,"

"Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like you, because I do, I like you a lot actually which is new for me. But even though you say you like me now, I'm worried that once you have me you'll be bored, or you'll turn back into the Seyong who only wants . Mostly I'm worried that this is another one of your games," she sight again.

"Maybe you should give me a chance to prove your worrying for nothing," I said after a while, her whole body tensed.